38 Reviews for Bernie's Specialty Cake Shop

Delivery (2)
Setup (2)
Groom's Cake (1)
38 Bernie's Specialty Cake Shop Reviews

we ordered the castle cake from bernies! it was amazing, it fit our wedding perfectly and guests are still talking about it!!! THANK YOU!

Profile Picture Laura, 11/12/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The cake was absolutely delicious! By far the best carrot cake I've ever had!

Profile Picture Julia, 10/1/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Groom's Cake, Consultations

Ron did a great job, the cake looked awesome. We used a Styrofoam piece in the middle of our cake to get the appearance of a 3 tiered cake without the extra cake. He did a great job and was very flexible!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 8/19/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ron is phenomenal to work with! He is dedicated to creating our vision and genuinely glad to be part of our big day. Cake samples were amazing and he was very patient with us. So excited to see/taste the final product!

Profile Picture Jacqueline, 7/4/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ron was great to work with. He had great ideas, and is extremely passionate about his work! The cake tasted amazing! So many compliments from guests at the wedding. We had ordered cake for just over 300 people, and we entertained just under 300 people, but we were still 2 pieces short because everyone was wanting cake! I don't blame Ron's calculations at all. With cake that tastes this good, it's no wonder the guests were not passing on it. Fortunately, our venue was able to bring two pieces of cake from their kitchen to serve the shortfall. Overall, highly recommended. He treats his cakes like delicate artwork. You will not be disappointed!

Profile Picture Britny, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Setup, Delivery

Working with Ron at Bernie's Cake Shop was one of the best parts about our wedding preparations. He was incredibly flexible, since we're from out of town, and allowed us to meet with him on several occasions on Sunday afternoons. He makes the BEST wedding cakes in the area - the chocolate fudge is delicious and leaves you wanting more. We are excited to see him in a year for our one year anniversary cake! We cannot say enough great things about him.

Profile Picture User4819387, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Ron did an amazing job with our wedding cake!! We knew we had to book with Bernies after we tasted cake from a few different places. Bernies was by far the best and was superior to the others we tasted. Ron was great to work with through the entire planning process and had great ideas to help us out. The cake was absolutely beautiful and it was delicious. We got many compliments from our guests. We ordered extra cake hoping we would have some leftover after, but everyone ate it up pretty quickly! Thank you so much for helping make our wedding day wonderful!

Profile Picture Heather, 10/10/15, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bernie was go great to work with. Not a typical wedding vendor-- in a good way!

He is laid back and practical, acknowledging he's not making the cake 3 months in advance, giving us plenty of time to choose our cake.

Our wedding cake looked and tasted great!!

Profile Picture User5628491, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake was absolutely delicious! It was exactly how I wanted it, tasted so good! I got my Couples Shower cake here as well, very beautiful, I wouldn't go anywhere else. My parents went to Bernie's 25 years ago and they haven't changed a thing!

Profile Picture Nikki, 8/14/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I was very happy with Bernie's Cakes. He was very accommodating with our schedules to set up times to meet to have our cake tasting and discuss our vision for the cake. I was very pleased the day of our wedding - the cake was stunning and exactly as I pictured it! We received a lot of compliments on the cake and the flavors. He was very helpful with answering questions and making sure the wedding cake was not something I felt I needed to be concerned about. I would definitely recommend Bernie's Specialty Cake Shop to all brides!

Profile Picture User4158238, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Consultations, Setup, Delivery

Customer service leading up to our day was excellent. Cake was amazing. Looked beautiful and had complments on flavors all night long!

Profile Picture Nicole, 6/13/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

WE LOVED OUR CAKE! It was so beautiful and it tasted amazing. We decided to eat our top layer all week after we got married. We will be ordering a fresh small cake next year for our 1st year anniversary. Ron was amazing. He was very friendly and worked with us in person and over the phone. We tasted cake from a few vendors before choosing Bernie's Specialty Cake Shop and there was no contest. We ordered two flavors for our cake. The butter cheese cost a little extra, but it's so delicious! Definitely ask to try that flavor when you go for a taste testing. The cake looked amazing too. Ron made beautiful leaves out of sugar paste that really made our fall wedding cake come together.

Profile Picture User3866465, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This was the best cake we have ever tried! Bernie is such a mace man and he listened to everything we wanted! Definitely will return, highly recommended! The most moist cake ever!

Profile Picture User4406278, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
4.7

Bernie's was fantastic! The cake looked and tasted amazing, and they made it so easy. I met with them once to go over ideas, and they took it from there. They definitely exceeded my expectations with the design.

Profile Picture User4112511, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Stop looking for a cake vendor and call to book your date now!!!! Ron was amazing to work with, I brought him a pile of stuff to work with, and told him my vision, and he turned it into a reality! Our cake turned out so beautiful, I never thought I would be able to have a cake like that for such an affordable price. Very easy to work with, and affordable, definitely the best choice in the area, and the cake tastes AMAZING!

Profile Picture Kim, 7/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bernie's was great! I brought in a picture of what I wanted and they brought it to life!

Profile Picture User3713774, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bernie's did a cake for our movie-themed wedding reception and it turned out so awesome! And the cake didn't just LOOK great, it TASTED great too! The price is certainly reasonable as well.
I would recommend everyone to at the very least go and have a free consultation with them, they will feed you delicious samples!

Profile Picture Hilary, 9/29/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Would highly recommend this cake vendor! Super friendly staff and delicious cake! There are so many flavors to choose from and we got many comments from our wedding guests on how delicious our wedding cake was. The cake was beautiful!

Profile Picture User2039471, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

The best tasting cake in Green Bay! Bernie is so much fun to work with and has so many fun stories. Our cake looked great but the taste is really what makes it. I can't wait for my first anniversary just so I can have the top!

Profile Picture Shaina, 6/9/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Bernie's Specialty Cake Shop made the cake for our 8/20/2011 wedding and it was absolutely delicious. Bernie makes a wonderful cake called "butter cheese". Imagine a regular cake, but, with chunks of cheesecake spread throughout. Bernie and her son were easy to work with and very flexible with cake designs. They created exactly what we wanted and they were the most reasonably priced cake shop in the area! We would absolutely recommend them to anyone that needs a cake of any kind!

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/20/11, 11 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Amazing! One of the best things about Bernie's is their friendliness and quality of service. After our meeting I felt that I could leave everything else related to the cake up to them and I would not have to worry about a thing. This was so true as our cake was absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Jill, 7/23/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I wish I had some of our wedding cake right now...wow was it good!

You can't go wrong with Bernie's. We got Amaretto cake and it was the bee's knees. Everyone raved. The value is a 10 on a 5 point scale and you're in great hands.

Ron is a sweet and funny guy so try and give yourself some extra time to chat with him when meeting for the cake tasting. When he tells you not to worry about it and that when you show up it will be everything you hoped it would be....he's not kidding. Go with Bernie's, get the Amaretto cake...then forget about it. It will be done and perfect.

Profile Picture User1533637, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Very friendly and we got tons of compliments on the cake!

Profile Picture Angela, 6/25/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cake turned out beautiful and delicious. We froze the top layer of our cake and ate it for our 1 year anniversary. Still delicious!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/18/11, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best wedding cake ever! We ordered the Castle Cake, you have to see that cake to believe it! When I picked Bernie's for my cake it was love at first bite! My mom and I tasted about 20 cakes at the wedding show and we knew right away Bernie's was the one for me! Besides being delicious, it is the quality and the beauty of these cakes that I love most! So amazing!

Profile Picture Rox, 4/15/11, 10 Reviews