BeanArt Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

• Elizabeth
    Elizabeth D. Married on 09/28/2019

Incredibly Happy!

We were so fortunate to work with Beanart Photography at our wedding. Tyler is wonderful and made all the planning/arrangements for our wedding photography stress-free. He turned it over to his associate photographer, Gage, and we could not be more thrilled with the outcome. Gage is an excellent photographer and he was very professional throughout the day. He is so friendly and fun and he made everyone feel incredibly comfortable, though for him it was probably like herding cats! The result was beautiful portraits and even better candids that captured genuine smiles from all of our family and friends.

I grew up in the FLX area, and my husband and I met there as well, so it was important to us to have the landscape be a focus in our photos. Gage did a fantastic job doing so, and we were happy he was willing to tromp around the venue’s trails with us -- and remained patient as we pulled the burrs out of my dress (which made for a cute picture too).

Thank you both so, so much!
  • Delaney
    Delaney Married on 05/03/2019

Perfectly amazing!

We had our engagement photos in April and we are now printing and framing them, and I have so many good things to say about Tyler! He had a vision for every shot and nailed it every time. The photos are perfect and we had so many to choose from! He was also so quick to edit and send us the shots. A wonderful experience start to finish!!
    Allison Married on 12/29/2018

We are so happy we went with BeanArt Photography!!!

Tyler was AMAZING! From the initial inquiry to receiving our finished photos, the entire process was smooth and easy. Tyler was flexible with our wants/needs, and worked with us to make it happen. I did not stress one time during the day or worried that a certain photo wasn't taken. Tyler took care of it all, and his calm and laid back personality helped ease my nerves during the day. When taking photos, my entire bridal party had so much fun, and we felt that we could be ourselves in front of the camera. My husband and I got married on 12/29 and we had limited natural light, but Tyler walked around our venue to find a spot to take photos. I really appreciated his thoughtfulness and attention to details. He checked in with me throughout the night to make sure he got all the photos I wanted.Tyler is so talented and captured every emotion that we felt on our wedding day!!! We can't stop looking at all the photos!
  • Christine
    Christine Married on 09/22/2018

Fantastic photographer - we are so happy we went with BeanArt!

I’m so happy we hired Tyler and Becky to be our wedding photographers! From day one Tyler was fantastic. He called me to discuss how he works with couples quickly after my initial inquiry on his site and made sure the actual “process” of hiring him was seamless. Tyler even offered to come down to San Francisco, where we live, to do our engagement shoot after a personal west coast trip which was something we hadn't even considered as a possibility!

Now on to the important parts - Tyler is both a super talented photographer as well as an all around great person to work with. We were looking for a photographer who could capture photos of our day naturally, with us in the moment, rather than us just standing and smiling with different backgrounds over and over. After looking at a few of Tyler's albums I could tell he would definitely deliver! Our engagement shoot only solidified this for me and meeting Tyler ahead of the wedding was so helpful day of. We already knew he'd make us feel at ease and would cue us on how to move in order to get the best photos.

I was pretty touched by a story my husband told me after the wedding- he was really nervous for our first look and private vow exchange. Tyler came to let him know it was time to head up to the site and my husband admitted to Tyler he actually had no idea what this "first look" thing was and really didn't know what to do. He said Tyler told him it was no big deal and not to stress, that he'd explain it to him on the way up and there was nothing to worry about. My husband told me it calmed him down and that it was so nice to have a vendor that could actually make his stress level decrease, rather than increase! So thank you, Tyler!

If Tyler is available for your date hire him. You will not be disappointed!
  • I
    Isabella Married on 09/02/2018
    Tyler has a calming demeanor and personality. He has an amazing artistic eye. Couldn't have imagined a better photographer to capture the moments of our wedding day.
    Samantha Married on 08/18/2018
    Beanart photography is INCREDIBLE. From the very first meeting we felt welcomed to ask anything and felt so comfortable to be ourselves. LOVE the artistic style and the new, fresh, adventurous ideas that gave us the best photos we’ve ever seen. If you love photos that are not “posey” and tell your love story, we TOTALLY recommend. If you book with Beanart, you will NOT regret it!
  • Kathryn
    Kathryn Married on 08/11/2018

Match made in photography HEAVEN!

Tyler went above and beyond for our wedding day! I knew from the moment of our engagement that I wanted Tyler to be our photographer. I have followed his work for quite a while and loved his technique. He is truly a storyteller and knows how to capture moments naturally and beautifully. I've never liked the over-dramatized, super posed, prop filled wedding party photo's and Tyler is the same way, so I knew it was a match made in photography heaven! I remember him telling us, over a cup of coffee, that he likes to be a fly on the wall. Letting moments happen naturally and that's exactly what our wedding day was filled with. The day after our wedding I remember telling my husband, "I barely remember seeing Tyler at all during the ceremony and reception?!" He truly was a fly on the wall! Which almost made me worried, but a few weeks later and we had all of our photos and I was blown away! Flipping through the ceremony I was in awe of some of the shots he got, he had snuck behind the groomsmen and bridesmaid to get great angles and never once did I actually see him sneaking around! It's a great feeling when you don't have a camera in your face all day and night, but then still end up with hundreds and hundreds of incredible photos. He strives to capture raw, genuine moments and he makes it so easy to do so. I never felt uncomfortable in front of the camera, he encourages goofiness and makes it feel like you are just "hanging out" while still maintaining his professionalism. His photography is magic, what more can I say.
    Lauren Married on 07/14/2018
    We felt incredibly lucky to have come across Tyler. From our first meeting on, Tyler was incredibly warm and made us feel comfortable and confident throughout each session (we did engagement and wedding). Even in the final weeks of planning, Tyler checked in and made planning a breeze. If we ever had questions, his responses were prompt and clear. We loved that he was so creative when choosing our shooting locations because we really didn't know exactly where we wanted to go. He took the time to hear our thoughts and suggested places that perfectly reflected my husband and I. For our wedding, Tyler was extremely efficient and was able to professionally (and patiently!) direct our wedding party during pictures. He really encouraged natural movement which is something that we knew we wanted with a photographer and he did so in fun and sweet ways. Our photos are so incredible and timeless - we just can't say enough about Tyler. Thank you again!!
    Kira Married on 04/28/2018
    Hiring Tyler as our wedding photographer was probably the smartest decision we made. He is a true professional and artist. Out of the 500+ photos we received, it is impossible to call even one a bad shot. If you are looking for natural, candid and timeless photos Beanart photography is the only choice.
    Nicole Married on 09/23/2017
    There are plenty of skilled photographers out there, but Tyler is a cut above the rest. He is not just adept at his craft, he has a God-given talent for capturing so much more than a good photo. We hired Tyler to do our engagement and wedding photos. To say they are phenomenal is a serious understatement. Most people have nice wedding photos of them in sweet poses that look good in a frame on a desk. What Tyler gave us are photos that capture every single emotion of our wedding day, and will help us truly relive every detail for years to come. He captures the true essence of and story around your day and it is priceless. Every time I look at our photos I cry because I can feel the joy of my wedding day all over again!

To top it all off, Tyler (and his wife Becky, who was our second shooter) is an awesome person who is really easy to work with. Multiple times throughout the process, we met for a beer to chat about the wedding day. Tyler eased any fears we had and made it feel like things were going to be easy, and they were. On the day of our wedding, he was organized, worked extremely well with our other vendors, and took control when it was time for our insane families to take formals. Becky was amazing also--she carried my train when we walked to different locations and even picked crickets out of my dress when we shot in the grass. That's how awesome these people are!

To top it all off, we got our photos NINETEEN DAYS after our wedding. Couples who got married months before us are still waiting for their photos! Tyler delivered us a digital gallery for social sharing as well as a flash drive with high res photos for printing--packaged in a handmade wooden box lined with moss, accompanied by several prints, a handwritten card, and jelly beans!

Tyler is amazing. You have to hire him. Your wedding memories won't be the same if you don't.
    Anna Married on 09/04/2016
    Tyler was absolutely wonderful to work with. He made us feel so comfortable during both the engagement photo shoot and on our wedding day. He truly knows how to tell a story and capture the beauty of a moment with his photos. Every single photo is absolutely breathtaking. Our friends and family constantly ask us who our photographer was because he was so amazing! I would highly recommend Tyler as your photographer!
    Casey Married on 09/03/2016
    Tyler was AMAZING!!! From when we first met with him to the end of our wedding night he was nothing but helpful. He truly loves what he does and it shows in his work-our wedding pictures and engagement pictures are beautiful and we couldn't be more happy!
    Kelsey Married on 08/26/2016
    Tyler did an excellent job capturing our engagement photos and wedding photos. I literally cry every time I look at our wedding photos because he gets some amazing shots! He was so easy to work with whatever we mentioned we wanted picture was was taken care of. He did a good job of keeping people on track day of the wedding with photos and timing wise. He's very friendly and has a unique eye. I love all of the abstract shots he took just as much as the formal pictures. Thank you Tyler for making our wedding day we will NEVER forget. Will definitely be using him in the future for baby pictures!!
  • W
    William Married on 08/20/2016
    Tyler was everything we could have hoped for in a wedding photographer. Finding a good one is difficult, his photos are exceptional. He's a true professional, knows how to work with people, and even let us try a few of our own ideas out (ask him about smoke grenades). His turn around time for getting photos to us was incredibly fast (only a few weeks). Highly recommended.
    Holly Married on 07/23/2016
    Going with Tyler for our photographer was probably the best choice that we made in our wedding planning process. Pictures were VERY important to us - the day goes by so fast but the pictures last forever, and his pictures are seriously works of art. We were really trying to avoid cliché looking or an overly staged/posed style of photos for our wedding, and we definitely made the right choice. His photos captured real-time moments in such beautiful ways; looking through the pictures feels like reliving the whole night which is amazing. He is also very passionate about what he does, and is super friendly and easy to work with. It was overall just a great experience working with Tyler, and we could not be happier with our photos. 110% would recommend.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 07/09/2016

Excellent Photographer!

We had a fantastic experience with Tyler as the photographer for both our engagement and wedding photo shoots. So many beautiful photos that captured our love and the day of our wedding perfectly. For our engagement shoot, he was even willing to travel down to NYC where we were living to get some amazing shots of us in the area where we fell in love. We had so much fun working with Tyler! He put us at ease and helped us to feel comfortable in front of a camera. We trusted him 100%, which was nice because it was an area of wedding planning on the day of I did not need to worry about because I knew we were in good hands. Overall, a great experience and so happy we were able to work with him! He is an artist, a professional, and is just the guy to help you capture photos of special moments in your life that you will treasure for a lifetime!
  • Jessica
    Jessica Married on 07/02/2016
    Tyler is absolutely fantastic! He's super talented and have a great eye. He brought to life everything my fiancé and I wanted in our engagement photos. I would recommend him to anyone. He even travels!
    Kristina Married on 07/02/2016
    Tyler is a wonderful artist and a true professional. He went above and beyond for our engagement shoot and captured our story and our love perfectly. He is a photo journalist and will capture the emotion and precious moments of your day with creativity and insight. If you are looking for standard shots, he is happy to accommodate specific requests, if your goal is authentic and artistic memories, he is your guy.
    Cate Married on 06/11/2016
    Absolutely the best. I could not recommend anyone better than Tyler!
    Jessica Married on 09/05/2015
    Tyler is simply the best. When you think of someone who will be capturing one of the most important days of your life, you want someone who will feel like party of your wedding party and that is Tyler! He laughed with us through out the entire day and captured some of our most cherished memories. He picked up right on how we all interacted and gave us direction when needed. Tyler went above and beyond to get us our photos in a timely manner and even went further beyond our expectations when it came time to ordering our coveted wedding photo album. We hope to use Tyler in the future for other special moments in our lives! #chrispratt
    Margaret Married on 08/08/2015
    Tyler (BeanArt Photography) was fantastic to work with - from our first meeting to actually getting our photos, I cannot recommend him enough! My husband and I weren't able to do an engagement shoot with Tyler before the wedding, but everything still flowed incredibly well on our wedding day! He was flexible, professional, and creative with his work. When he showed up that day he told me to just go about my business and take care of what I needed to. The reception was at my parent's house so while I was buzzing finishing up last-minute things, Tyler took care of everything else! He was great to work with throughout the entire day, and he was very prompt in finishing up and sending us our photos after the wedding (it was only a couple weeks before we got our finished photos!). We couldn't be happier with how our photos turned out!! Tyler captured so many great shots from set-up, to ceremony, to the end of the reception! Some things I hadn't even seen because I had been talking with other guests at the time (he had great shots of my mom and her friends dancing - so fun to see!!). If I wanted a specific shot he was more than happy to oblige, but for the most part he was left to his own devices to photograph the day while my husband and I just enjoyed it! He did a great job capturing all of the emotion and excitement throughout the day, and really told the whole story of our wedding with his work. Seriously, you can not go wrong working with Tyler!!
    Kristine Married on 07/31/2015
    My husband and I used BeanArt Photography for our engagement and wedding photos. I wish it was possible to give Tyler/ BeanArt Photography more than 5 stars! Working with Tyler was wonderful from start to finish. He was extremely professonal, but so fun and friendly that we felt like one of our friends was taking our photos! This made our photos look super natural and not cheesy/ staged!! We get SO many compliments on them!! One thing that really impressed me on the day of the wedding was Tyler's ability to just blend into the background. He took such beautiful photos, but was never "in the way" during our ceremony or reception. This was really important to us!! When it came time for formal family photos, Tyler easily took charge and organized everyone quickly. I truly can not say enough great things.... I HIGHLY recommend BeanArt photography!!!
  • User2524074 2+ years ago
    Tyler was creative, flexible and professional. He creates beautiful images and incredible albums. During our engagement session he put us both at ease. Tyler drove way out of his way to take pictures in a place that was meaningful to us. While at our wedding, you could barely tell he was there. I never felt like a camera was in my face or interfering with us interacting with our guests. We truly love our photos from both of our sessions and will 100% use Tyler for major events in our lives in the future. I would highly recommend him to anybody.
    Melissa Married on 05/22/2015
    A hundred bazillion "yes"es for BeanArt Photography! Tyler is a really awesome guy to work with, both for our engagement photos and on the day of the wedding. Very easy to feel like you're taking photos with a friend, and his quality is top-notch. We were very pleased.
  • User2461228 2+ years ago
    Awesome experience! Very professional. Met with us before the wedding and completely fulfilled our expectations. Really took the time to to get the best shots possible. Recommend him for any occasion you have.