April Payton Photography Reviews

16 Reviews for April Payton Photography

16 April Payton Photography Reviews
  • Amy

Amy L · Married on 10/15/2018

Amazing!! Super professional and personable.

After our wedding venue, our photographer was the second vendor that we booked. Having an amazing photographer was really important to me, so we started looking as soon as we had set a date with our venue. We set up several interviews with various photographers in Missoula, and April and her partner Jessica really surprised us when we met with them. We had seen her photos on her website and they were great, but I was immediately impressed by April's professionalism and charisma. She is young (like 24), but has a ton of experience and was raised by a photographer-father, so it's in her blood and you can tell. We also really liked that she always shoots with a second-shooter (her wife, Jessica), so we could have multiple angles of the ceremony. Not all of the photographers that we interviewed used a second shooter, so this helped our decision a lot too. Plus, April and Jessica have great chemistry together, so we knew that they would work great as a team. Our engagement shoot went great, and April was very flexible and understanding when I changed the appointment time the day before. My fiance and I had never taken professional photos before, but April did a great job making us feel comfortable and helped us with posing. She's quick on her feet (she was literally running through deep snow to get different angles of us). There is very little downtime when shooting with April, which means you take more photos and get the most for your money. The engagement photos turned out fantastic, and it was very hard to wait for them to be finished (30 days). We did not receive a "sneak peak" for the engagement photos, which was a little disappointing because I was so excited to see how they turned out. A few weeks before our wedding, April met with us again to go over the schedule and all the little details. She was very observant and took note of all the things that were important to us. On the day of the wedding, her and Jess were on time and immediately sprung into action. We had them for 10 hours, which was perfect. She was also super understanding and flexible when we had to move the ceremony indoors last minute due to rain. During the family photos, April was extremely patient with all the family and super polite when telling my family members where to stand. She made the process go quick and painless so we could go enjoy the party with the rest of the guests. Jessica helped carry my train all day so it didn’t get dirty from the wet ground and made sure that it was nicely displayed for the portraits. All of my family members were extremely impressed by her, and made sure to tell me that. We are still waiting for our wedding photos, but we did get one sneak peak photo the day after our wedding and it is beautiful. I know it will be worth the wait for the rest. April’s photography-style is timeless, clean, and crisp. She doesn’t use any weird filters, and the colors are true to reality. I know I will enjoy looking at these photos for the rest of my life.

April Payton Photography 1
    April Payton Photography 2
    April Payton Photography 3
    April Payton Photography 4
    April Payton Photography 5

Sara · Married on 09/02/2018

We booked April for two reasons...1. Her photos are amazing, her attention to detail, the way she stages photos, her composition, everything is exactly what we love about photography. 2. We are gay. We wanted someone who wasn't going to make our same sex relationship an issue or someone who would struggle to dance around that potential elephant in the room. April made us feel special and normal. She worked quickly, spent time learning our family's names and created a schedule for the day's events to lessen the stress on us. We have only seen one image but are already so in love with it, we can't wait to see the rest! April will be our go to photographer for anything we need from now on, not to mention we recommend her to anyone and everyone. She is professional, kept in communication and made every moment count. Can't say enough good things about her!

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

We cannot say enough wonderful things about April Payton Photography. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous! But what stood out to us even more was the special effort she made to learn the names and faces of all of our important people (bridal party, family, and best friends) before even arriving at our venue. She walked right in immediately knowing everyone's names, which not only personalized our whole experience, but also made rounding up all our VIP's much easier. She even picked up on specific nicknames and started using them too! April
    was incredibly professional, organized, and wonderfully fun throughout the whole process. She helped create the entire photo schedule for the wedding day, and she had amazing photo and pose ideas to help out two very awkward newlyweds. April (and Jessica!) made our day easy and fun, kept everyone laughing the whole time, and captured our memories more beautifully than we could have hoped. I wish there was a way to spam this review with all of our favorite shots. If you're looking for a photographer for any reason, April is the one you want.

Judith · Married on 05/27/2017

I contacted April from California for my wedding in Montana after researching on the internet. Her portfolio encapsulated the style I was going for and knew she would be the photographer for my day. From the beginning, communication with her was easy and would reply to my emails immediately.

On the day of, April and Jessica made me and the wedding party feel comfortable and relaxed. They're both great with kids, one of the flower girls was two years old and they just knew how to work with her to get the perfect shot.

April and Jessica strive to get you the most amazing pictures and I really appreciated that.

I honestly can't say enough good things about April and her team. Everyone at the wedding loved them and I feel I really lucked out in picking them.

Najla · Married on 09/16/2016

April takes such amazing photographs that I had chose to fly her into Alabama for my outdoor wedding. April knows how to organize everyone. She takes charge and knows exactly where the best shots will be. She focused in on exactly what I wanted and delivered it perfectly. She is creative with her shots and dedicated to pleasing her costumers. I now have fabulous wedding photographs that have documented my special day. I recommend April Payton Photography a thousand times! You will not be dissatisfied :)

Sent on 12/19/2016

April Payton Photography's reply:

Najla, I wouldn't have missed your wedding for anything! I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to travel and add new scenery to my portfolio. I also appreciate your kind words! Thank you for letting me be a part of your big day!

Linden · Married on 07/30/2016

I was in a few weddings before my own and started to notice how much a photographer can influence the tone of the wedding day. After April shot my friend's wedding I knew I wanted her to be my wedding photographer. I am so happy we were able to hire her! April and Jess added a calmness to a whirlwind day. They also were flexible, upbeat, professional, creative, and funny.

April and Jess managed our large, rowdy wedding party and guests so gracefully. Our family and friends have told us multiple times how much they loved our photographers.

April and Jess are so in sync; they truly make an incredible team. I noticed it on our wedding day, but it showed up even more once we saw the photos. The pictures are more incredible than I ever could have dreamed. The posed pictures look natural (which I didn't think was possible for my husband and me). The number of amazing candid photos blew me away. I haven't printed any pictures for our home because I can't narrow down my favorites!

Everyone always says how fast your wedding day goes by and that it can be a blur, so I wanted to make sure I had pictures of specific moments and combinations of family members or friends throughout the day. I wrote out a list of some specific shots that were important to me and I did not feel like anything was missing. April and Jess went above and beyond to make sure I had the photographs I wanted (and more)!

I have known many people who pay far more for wedding photography and received a fraction of the quality pictures we did. I highly recommend April Payton Photography to anyone looking for a photographer. April is truly talented.

Sent on 12/18/2016

April Payton Photography's reply:

Linden, I cannot thank you enough for you kind words! I had such a great time working with you guys and appreciate everything you did to make my job easier (especially the gift of a megaphone). Thank you for letting us be a part of your big day! I am so happy to hear that you were satisfied in all areas :) Take care!

Jackie · Married on 06/18/2016

I cannot say enough good things about April Payton Photography! She did our engagement photos, a mini shoot, and our wedding. She was very responsive and flexible. My husband and I aren't super fond of getting our pictures taken but April and Jessica made it so easy and fun. I love their creativity and they are both genuinely good people. I cannot wait to see our wedding pictures and will be using her for future photo needs :)

Sent on 06/30/2016

April Payton Photography's reply:

Wow! Thank you so much Jackie! It means a lot. We had such a great time photographing you guys and wish we could do it more often! Thank you for letting us be a part of your big day!:)

Anna · Married on 09/12/2015

April has done both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Both times she has been amazing, creative, professional, and a joy to work with. My now husband hates pictures, the mere though of pictures makes him nervous. April did an amazing job helping him relax and came up with shot ideas he enjoyed. On your big day I promise she will NOT disappoint you. She will keep things moving along on schedule and get people moving where they need to be, she even offers great advise on things not Photagrapher related! We could not have asked for better service!

Sent on 09/19/2015

April Payton Photography's reply:

Thank you Anna, you know I appreciate everything. Especially the text you sent after the wedding. I had such a good time with you guys and you helped me create some beautiful photos. I hope to work with you guys many times in the future. Thank you again, so much!!

Sarah · Married on 08/29/2015

April is amazing! My husband and I are very camera shy and she made the whole process and experience very comfortable and even fun! She's very easy to work with and has so many great ideas. She's also more than willing to accommodate all of your requests. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for both our engagement photos and wedding.

April Payton Photography's reply:

Sarah, you are awesome. Thank you so much for the review. I'm glad you're happy with everything. I had a blast! I hope to work with you guys again in the future as other photo needs come up. :)

Absolutely loved April. We saw her thru Facebook and decided to meet with her in person then go from there. We were so impressed upon meeting her that we booked immediately and could not have been happier! We did both our engagement and wedding photos with her, and will be using her once we begin to expand our family. She was a pleasure to work with, had amazing ideas, and paid attention to our thoughts and ideas along the way. Will recommend her to everyone I know!! Thanks April!!

Sent on 09/20/2015

April Payton Photography's reply:

Since this is private, I can not personally thank you, but please know I appreciate your review and especially your business.:)

Kelly · Married on 08/09/2015

April was a pleasure to work with. We traveled from Illinois for our wedding in Montana. She knew how special this event was for all of us as it was the first time our ENTIRE family was together in many years. Many of our friends made the trip and now we have pictures to share with everyone. I would recommend April to anyone.

April Payton Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words. Your family was a great bunch and I am very happy with the outcome. I hope to work with you guys again in the future. Take care.

Jamie · Married on 08/01/2015

April was the best photographer I could have chose for my perfect day! She was on time, prompt, full of ideas and creativity for my wedding that I will always remember! I can't stop looking at all of my pics, and my whole family will be using April in the future for all our photography needs! Thanks April! You're amazing!

April Payton Photography's reply:

Thank you Jamie for your kind review! I've told you over and over I had a blast with you guys and appreciate everything. Your photos have made a beautiful addition to my portfolio.

Ashley · Married on 07/25/2015

April was so terrific! We were looking for someone with a specific style within a reasonable price. She was just what we needed. Her photography is so soft, but dramatic. She captures the true emotions of the special day. April was very professional and super fun to work with. April loved to listen to our ideas but also had amazing ideas for photos herself. I would say we were certainly so incredibly lucky to have April do the photography for our wedding. April's passion for photography and passion for giving people something so special is one of a kind. We will be using April in the future for any photography needs!

Sent on 09/27/2015

April Payton Photography's reply:

Wow thank you ashley! You know I had a great time with you guys and appreciate everything. I'm glad you're happy with the whole process. I have so many favorites from your gallery :). Thanks again!!

Christina · Married on 06/13/2015

April has been a great photographer for my husband and I. I found her through facebook and decided to try her out for our engament photoshoot and we loved them so much we booked her for our wedding. She did an amazing job and I am so thankful we had her as our photographer. She brought her Fiance as a second shooter and between the both of them they caught so many special moments. I have gotten so many complements on my wedding pictures and people ask all the time who I use as a photographer. We will be using her as our photographer for many more photoshoots to come!

Sent on 09/30/2015

April Payton Photography's reply:

Thank you christina!! Your wedding was beautiful and so easy to capture as beautifully as we did. I can't wait to shoot more photos for you guys..especially of that little one :) thanks again! You guys were awesome!!

kaitlyn · event on: 07/27/2017

April did an awesome job with our newborn photos. I am so glad we booked with her rather than rushing using the photographer from the hospital. She extended our session and understood when we needed to pause to feed or whatever was needed for my child to keep him happy to get through the session with great photos. I would highly recommend anyone doing a newborn photo shoot to just book the hour from the get go.

Morgan · Married on 09/24/2016

2.2
      3.0
      2.0

I chose April to be the photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures. When taking the pictures April was very kind and easy to work with. We received our engagement pictures back a few days later then we was suppose to, but we loved them. When it came to the wedding pictures I was not happy. We waited 10+ weeks to receive them back, again we received them later than we was suppose to.. Recommended by April, we asked all of our guests not to take their own pictures with their phones so that nothing would disturb her while doing her job. So I believed that she would capture any and every moment possible, but that did not happen. She failed to capture a few important moments. For example, I do not have a single photo of the whole wedding party together or not even a picture of all the groomsmen together during the ceremony. She didn't seem to care that it was a big deal and said she couldn't get it, but it was not impossible! And now I do not have a single existing photo of my wedding party and groomsmen together for the ceremony. There isn't any pictures where it's a whole picture, there is always someone or something cropped out and I do not like that. She tried to fix a picture by photo shopping the groomsmen together in a picture, but I did not like it at one bit and I did not pay $2,600 to have photo shopped pictures. I expected her to take several shots of every thing and everyone, but she had only taken 1 , or maybe 2 pictures of everything, so I did not have options on my photos. Which also very much disapointed me because most of the pictures have people with their eyes closed, or looking away and I do not have any other photos to choose from because she had only took 1 single picture. I really don't even like looking at my album of pictures because i am that disappointed with them. I definitely expected to have more pictures and better pictures for the large price I paid and the long wait I had to receive them back

Sent on 12/16/2016

April Payton Photography's reply:

Morgan, thank you for taking the time to write out this review. Your feedback helps me to learn, grow, and make changes where needed. I work hard before, during, and after the wedding so I am deeply saddened and surprised that you are unhappy with the resulting images. I understand how frustrating it can be when people blink or do not look at the camera in the larger group photos or during the ceremony but of course this is something that is out of my control. The issues that are in my control have been discussed with you and resolved to the best of my ability. Please know that editing images in Photoshop is a standard practice among all photographers, and is required in circumstances like removing blemishes or distractions, stitching two images together, and moving usable faces to an image where someone’s face may not have been usable. Please also note that we delivered 516 images total. This is 116 more than our contract guaranteed based on our agreed-upon price of $2000 plus $100 travel fee to Polson. Know that we shot every moment as they happened, and we cannot control some aspects like the speed someone is walking, blinking, etc. I shot 1908 photos over 10 hours at your wedding, but when I narrow down the images and get rid of duplicates or images where the subject is blinking, we can be left with just a couple of images. I have added extra images to your gallery as discussed before that resolved some of these issues. I feel confident that I captured every moment of your wedding to the best of my ability. In terms of timely delivery, your contract states that it can take up to 10 weeks. Your photos were delivered on December 4th (10 weeks plus one day from your wedding date). I am working on new techniques that will allow a faster delivery time in the future. If there is anything else that needs attention please contact me at aprilpaytonphotography@live.com or 406-214-9046. Thank you!