14 Reviews for April Payton Photography

Digital Files (2)
Multi. Locations (1)
Proofs (1)
13 April Payton Photography Reviews

We cannot say enough wonderful things about April Payton Photography. Our photos are absolutely gorgeous! But what stood out to us even more was the special effort she made to learn the names and faces of all of our important people (bridal party, family, and best friends) before even arriving at our venue. She walked right in immediately knowing everyone's names, which not only personalized our whole experience, but also made rounding up all our VIP's much easier. She even picked up on specific nicknames and started using them too! April
was incredibly professional, organized, and wonderfully fun throughout the whole process. She helped create the entire photo schedule for the wedding day, and she had amazing photo and pose ideas to help out two very awkward newlyweds. April (and Jessica!) made our day easy and fun, kept everyone laughing the whole time, and captured our memories more beautifully than we could have hoped. I wish there was a way to spam this review with all of our favorite shots. If you're looking for a photographer for any reason, April is the one you want.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Digital Files, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

I contacted April from California for my wedding in Montana after researching on the internet. Her portfolio encapsulated the style I was going for and knew she would be the photographer for my day. From the beginning, communication with her was easy and would reply to my emails immediately.

On the day of, April and Jessica made me and the wedding party feel comfortable and relaxed. They're both great with kids, one of the flower girls was two years old and they just knew how to work with her to get the perfect shot.

April and Jessica strive to get you the most amazing pictures and I really appreciated that.

I honestly can't say enough good things about April and her team. Everyone at the wedding loved them and I feel I really lucked out in picking them.

Profile Picture Judith, 5/27/17, 1 Review
2.2

I chose April to be the photographer for our engagement and wedding pictures. When taking the pictures April was very kind and easy to work with. We received our engagement pictures back a few days later then we was suppose to, but we loved them. When it came to the wedding pictures I was not happy. We waited 10+ weeks to receive them back, again we received them later than we was suppose to.. Recommended by April, we asked all of our guests not to take their own pictures with their phones so that nothing would disturb her while doing her job. So I believed that she would capture any and every moment possible, but that did not happen. She failed to capture a few important moments. For example, I do not have a single photo of the whole wedding party together or not even a picture of all the groomsmen together during the ceremony. She didn't seem to care that it was a big deal and said she couldn't get it, but it was not impossible! And now I do not have a single existing photo of my wedding party and groomsmen together for the ceremony. There isn't any pictures where it's a whole picture, there is always someone or something cropped out and I do not like that. She tried to fix a picture by photo shopping the groomsmen together in a picture, but I did not like it at one bit and I did not pay $2,600 to have photo shopped pictures. I expected her to take several shots of every thing and everyone, but she had only taken 1 , or maybe 2 pictures of everything, so I did not have options on my photos. Which also very much disapointed me because most of the pictures have people with their eyes closed, or looking away and I do not have any other photos to choose from because she had only took 1 single picture. I really don't even like looking at my album of pictures because i am that disappointed with them. I definitely expected to have more pictures and better pictures for the large price I paid and the long wait I had to receive them back

Profile Picture Morgan, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

April takes such amazing photographs that I had chose to fly her into Alabama for my outdoor wedding. April knows how to organize everyone. She takes charge and knows exactly where the best shots will be. She focused in on exactly what I wanted and delivered it perfectly. She is creative with her shots and dedicated to pleasing her costumers. I now have fabulous wedding photographs that have documented my special day. I recommend April Payton Photography a thousand times! You will not be dissatisfied :)

Profile Picture Najla, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I was in a few weddings before my own and started to notice how much a photographer can influence the tone of the wedding day. After April shot my friend's wedding I knew I wanted her to be my wedding photographer. I am so happy we were able to hire her! April and Jess added a calmness to a whirlwind day. They also were flexible, upbeat, professional, creative, and funny.

April and Jess managed our large, rowdy wedding party and guests so gracefully. Our family and friends have told us multiple times how much they loved our photographers.

April and Jess are so in sync; they truly make an incredible team. I noticed it on our wedding day, but it showed up even more once we saw the photos. The pictures are more incredible than I ever could have dreamed. The posed pictures look natural (which I didn't think was possible for my husband and me). The number of amazing candid photos blew me away. I haven't printed any pictures for our home because I can't narrow down my favorites!

Everyone always says how fast your wedding day goes by and that it can be a blur, so I wanted to make sure I had pictures of specific moments and combinations of family members or friends throughout the day. I wrote out a list of some specific shots that were important to me and I did not feel like anything was missing. April and Jess went above and beyond to make sure I had the photographs I wanted (and more)!

I have known many people who pay far more for wedding photography and received a fraction of the quality pictures we did. I highly recommend April Payton Photography to anyone looking for a photographer. April is truly talented.

Profile Picture Linden, 7/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I cannot say enough good things about April Payton Photography! She did our engagement photos, a mini shoot, and our wedding. She was very responsive and flexible. My husband and I aren't super fond of getting our pictures taken but April and Jessica made it so easy and fun. I love their creativity and they are both genuinely good people. I cannot wait to see our wedding pictures and will be using her for future photo needs :)

Profile Picture Jackie, 6/18/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

April has done both our engagement photos and our wedding photos. Both times she has been amazing, creative, professional, and a joy to work with. My now husband hates pictures, the mere though of pictures makes him nervous. April did an amazing job helping him relax and came up with shot ideas he enjoyed. On your big day I promise she will NOT disappoint you. She will keep things moving along on schedule and get people moving where they need to be, she even offers great advise on things not Photagrapher related! We could not have asked for better service!

Profile Picture Anna, 9/12/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

April is amazing! My husband and I are very camera shy and she made the whole process and experience very comfortable and even fun! She's very easy to work with and has so many great ideas. She's also more than willing to accommodate all of your requests. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer for both our engagement photos and wedding.

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/29/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Absolutely loved April. We saw her thru Facebook and decided to meet with her in person then go from there. We were so impressed upon meeting her that we booked immediately and could not have been happier! We did both our engagement and wedding photos with her, and will be using her once we begin to expand our family. She was a pleasure to work with, had amazing ideas, and paid attention to our thoughts and ideas along the way. Will recommend her to everyone I know!! Thanks April!!

Profile Picture User5455063, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Photography

April was a pleasure to work with. We traveled from Illinois for our wedding in Montana. She knew how special this event was for all of us as it was the first time our ENTIRE family was together in many years. Many of our friends made the trip and now we have pictures to share with everyone. I would recommend April to anyone.

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/9/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

April was the best photographer I could have chose for my perfect day! She was on time, prompt, full of ideas and creativity for my wedding that I will always remember! I can't stop looking at all of my pics, and my whole family will be using April in the future for all our photography needs! Thanks April! You're amazing!

Profile Picture Jamie, 8/1/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

April was so terrific! We were looking for someone with a specific style within a reasonable price. She was just what we needed. Her photography is so soft, but dramatic. She captures the true emotions of the special day. April was very professional and super fun to work with. April loved to listen to our ideas but also had amazing ideas for photos herself. I would say we were certainly so incredibly lucky to have April do the photography for our wedding. April's passion for photography and passion for giving people something so special is one of a kind. We will be using April in the future for any photography needs!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

April has been a great photographer for my husband and I. I found her through facebook and decided to try her out for our engament photoshoot and we loved them so much we booked her for our wedding. She did an amazing job and I am so thankful we had her as our photographer. She brought her Fiance as a second shooter and between the both of them they caught so many special moments. I have gotten so many complements on my wedding pictures and people ask all the time who I use as a photographer. We will be using her as our photographer for many more photoshoots to come!

Profile Picture Christina, 6/13/15, 1 Review