Anna Wu Photography Reviews

34 Reviews for Anna Wu Photography

1 User photo

Anna Wu Photography 1

Patty · Married on 10/27/2018

Beautiful photography, no details missed

Anna was easy to work with as we sped through the year from when we started working with her to our wedding day, and after. She is detail-oriented and organized, while also being personable and friendly. As a photographer, she provides gentle guidance to bring out romantic and memorable moments (even if you are camera shy).

We had a pretty quick engagement session (1-hr) at Land's End. Anna was very familiar with the spot and sped us through a number of different scenes for those pictures. For our wedding day, Anna prepared with us ahead of time with an extensive google doc, and asked us questions to confirm her understanding of how the day would flow. On the day of, she and her team were everywhere they needed to be, helped to keep the schedule moving, and even had a fashion emergency kit on-hand to fix any flyaways in real-time. They got shots of all the guests in one form or another, including some fun dancing shots.

We enjoyed working with Anna and think you will too!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Kurtis Sasse · Married on 09/04/2018

Flawless photography and pleasant to deal with

My wife and I eloped from Australia to San Francisco to get married at the Fairmont Hotel. Well before we even left for the US Anna was amazing to deal with to ensure everything was in order for the special day. Anna conducted herself in a very friendly but professional manner throughout the time we had taking photos, including taking us to some wonderful attractions that made for great pictures. The photos she took on the day were impeccable and i highly, highly recommend Anna to be anyone's wedding photographer.

Sent on 04/11/2019

Aaron · Married on 07/12/2018

If you've seen Anna's portfolio, you don't need anyone to tell you what a talented photographer she is: To echo a sentiment you'll see in every other review here, my wife and I were absolutely delighted by the work she did for our small outdoor ceremony.

What you can't see just by looking at our wedding album, however, is how invaluable Anna was to us before she even picked up her camera. Though our ceremony was held in SF, my wife and I live in Germany; planning a wedding from half-way around the world is already a challenge, and it's not like we came in with any experience.

From the moment we got in touch, Anna accommodated our needs, patiently answered our countless questions, and provided invaluable advice - it instantly felt like she was part of the team. On the day of, she struck a perfect balance between blending into the background and giving direction.

The result is a collection of photos that we will cherish forever. I cannot imagine what this process would have been like without Anna's help and expertise, and I cannot recommend her more highly!

Sent on 09/23/2018
    Anna Wu Photography 2

Elizabeth · Married on 07/29/2017

My husband and I chose to work with Anna for our wedding and engagement photos and we are so glad that we did! Anna was professional, easy to work with, and amazingly skilled. During our initial engagement photo shoot, she helped my husband and I feel more comfortable and at ease in front of the camera. On our wedding day, she and the additional photographer and assistant were wonderful. They photographed all of the aspects that we had discussed beforehand and were also able to capture the small details and candid moments. Anna was very organized and responsive, and she was also able to be flexible (and help keep me calm) when our wedding day timeline for photographs got delayed due transportation issues. We have received so many compliments on our wedding photos and are proud to show off our beautiful albums. We would HIGHLY recommend Anna Wu Photography!

Sent on 12/22/2017

Angie · Married on 05/27/2017

I wish I could give Anna 10 stars for this review. She is simply the most amazing and talented photographer I have ever met. As an anxious introverted person, I was more than a bundle of nerves on my wedding day but Anna had a calming and reassuring presence during our photo session. I love the way she captures the light and most of all - the most touching candid moments on our special day.

Thank you Anna for everything you do. I highly highly recommend her services to everyone!

Sent on 06/19/2017

CB · Married on 07/03/2016

Planning a San Francisco wedding while living in Philadelphia was no easy task, but Anna was amazing to work with and was able to accommodate not just the distance but the scheduling problems that came with it. First, Anna was able to meet with us while she was traveling for work, making it very easy to establish a connection and get a better understanding of her work style. Since the distance meant we would not get to take advantage of Anna shooting our engagement pictures, she spent some additional time covering the big day!

On the day of the wedding, Anna and her team were able to deal with our inescapable family drama and capture amazing photos of our everyone in attendance. During the reception she gave us a small sticker with a shot from the ceremony, the first keepsake from our wedding. Anna saved the day when our transportation to the post-wedding picture location was late and offered to take my wife and I to Fort Point herself, where she got to have some more fun with her work and take some really inspired and awesome photographs.

Anna kept in touch after the wedding, making sure we knew what to expect in terms of ordering an album or any prints. The image selection process was very easy and Anna addressed any questions we had quickly and clearly. When the album finally arrived, the packaging that included the USB drive with pictures was personalized and included some prints of Anna's favorite photos - something that we really appreciated and were totally surprised by. The pictures themselves were fantastic - Anna's images were crisp and clear, with no important moment missed.

Finally, working with Anna is like working with a friend - she's easy going, empathetic, and it feels like you've known her a long time. Her team was also very congenial and had a great sense of humor about some of the family drama.

We would be happy to work with Anna again should the occasion arise and HIGHLY recommend her for anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 07/07/2017

Dora · Married on 08/22/2015

Anna is truly a GEM when it comes to capturing moments as important and special as say, a wedding day. My husband and I were so pleased with her work and would not hesitate to recommend her to shoot for any event. She has this very particular attention to detail that most other people would not pick up on, but it ends up being a big deal when it comes to making those pictures perfect.

We selected Ana after looking through works by other photographers and we were just drawn to her ability to manipulate the lighting and the natural environment into something that made her subjects look so good on camera. Her pictures look natural, not posed or forced or overly edited. During our meeting to go over the logistics Anna listened to our concerns and our wishes and did her best to help accommodate our needs. During our engagement session my husband and I got accustomed to being in front of her camera. She made us feel comfortable and most importantly made us look great! During our actual wedding I think we were most impressed with Anna's ability to capture so many great shots without seeming intrusive. I don't know how she did that, but she was everywhere and she got everything without pushing and pummeling over everyone!

It was truly a joy to work with such great talent. I can't wait to get in front of her again some day soon (maternity pictures somewhere down the line perhaps?!)

Sent on 10/19/2015

Victoria · Married on 08/08/2015

After a prolonged search for my wedding photographer, pouring over details and differences between each, I chose Anna for her amazing ability to focus on just that, the details. I was in love with her portfolio and HAD to have her for my wedding photographer! From the beginning, Anna was very responsive and helped us choose the package that would suit our needs. She also has the flexibility for add-ons which is great to customize any package! When we met her at the engagement photo shoot, we knew we'd really like her. She's very easy going and pays attention to the details so you don't have to. We had so much fun running around Stow Lake in San Francisco with her we were extremely excited for her work at our wedding. We just got our photos back, and are THRILLED with how they turned out! In both portraits and candids, Anna made us look amazing and that attests to Anna's amazing ability to capture moments that we will be able to cherish forever! She captured a variety of shots so that we would have tons of options to choose from. And if you are like me and need directives when taking photos a lot of times so that I don't have awkward posture or weird looking fingers and Anna was perfect in helping me out there! Looking through all my pictures, I am able to relive the excitement and really feel the love of my wedding day! I can't wait to find some other excuse to take pictures with her! :)

Sent on 08/31/2015

Choosing Anna as our photographer was by far one of our top three choices we made in wedding planning and we can't recommend her enough. She came recommended by a friend who was a wedding photographer and had used Anna as her wedding photographer! We interviewed ~15+ photographers since having wonderful photos to remember a weekend that we'd heard from friends would fly by, was really important to us. We had an east coast wedding...but Anna was by far the most amazing so we chose here even though she was on the west coast (even with that added flight cost she was in line with the pricing of the best Boston photographers)!

Anna takes absolutely beautiful photos that captured moments so well during our wedding, also helped us with our engagement photo shoot (we used her photos for our save the date, and she made us feel at ease so quickly! we were a bit nervous that the whole thing would be awkward - but that photo shoot ended up being one of the most fun parts of otherwise stressful wedding planning, and such a wonderful memory!) was a pleasure to work with, and by the end of our wedding she felt like a friend more than a photographer. She has incredible talent - with a combination of a great eye (capturing the cultural details of our Indian wedding and human emotion so well) and grace/ professionalism throughout our wedding.

After the wedding she was really patient and helpful as our parents and family/friends ordered prints from the wedding as well.

Our only regret is that we didn't ask her help with coordinating our wedding video as well.

Do yourself a favor and choose her as your photographer. We can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 11/05/2015

Rebecca · Married on 11/01/2014

This is a slightly overdue review- Anna did photography and videography for my wedding fall 2014. A few of the reasons why I would recommend her:
    -The quality of the photos and video: not only does she do beautiful portraits but she captures fantastic candids that really capture the feel of your wedding day.
    - She's quite skilled at photographing/videoing without being in the way or very noticeable- ie she won't be a focal point during the ceremony but she manages to still get great pictures
    - She's very responsive and professional
    - Regarding cost, as someone who was amazed at the cost of all things wedding related and am not super versed in photography I was astounded at how much wedding photography and videography cost in general (similar to my astonishment at the cost of food, drinks, most everything). However, you spend months to a year planning a day that lasts a few hours and then you spend the rest of your life enjoying whatever photos or video you get. As such I would highly recommend getting a quality photographer and videographer as general wedding advice. I didn't research in enough depth to know how Anna compares cost wise, but what we spent was worth it. for the beautiful quality of the photos and video.

Sent on 01/25/2016

Adrienne · Married on 10/18/2014

I know I'm supposed to say that my husband gave me the gift of forever when he asked me to marry him.

But Anna gave us the gift of forever with the moments she captured at our wedding.

My husband met Anna at a mutual event years ago & happened to link me to her blog/website thinking that I would like her photography. It's fair to say that I've been stalking Anna's work for years (Hi Anna! Sorry for being a creeper. We still cool?). So, when it came time to book a photographer for our wedding it really was the easiest decision we ever made.

Anna is super easy to communicate with, responds quickly to e-mails, & is as cool as a cucumber. I sent her an e-mail six weeks out that only consisted of questions regarding the timeline for wedding day, no problem. Running late on wedding day, somehow, she magically made up the time & put us ahead of schedule.

For our engagement photos, my husband & I were prepared to be awkward. We're just awkward people & take more silly photos than normal photos. Anna made us look AMAZING, or as my husband said "I LOOK SO GOOD!!" She's an expert at poses, light, & scenery. We shot at different spots on the Berkeley campus & you couldn’t even tell that we were taking photos in front of a tree that has a busy walking path just six feet away. She made us feel at ease & even encouraged us to be silly.

On wedding day, Anna & Boris were photography ninjas. The photos are the perfect combination of fine art & photojournalism. So many photos are going to be timeless. But with them, are also so many great candid moments that document the day as well. We can't wait to create our wedding album with her help. Also on wedding day, Anna is SUPER prepared. Scissors? Check. Double-stick tape? Check. I don't know how she carries everything. She's got multiple cameras, lenses, & a magic bag of tricks.

Anna is truly amazing at what she does. If she's your photographer, you have nothing to worry about.

Sent on 11/05/2014

Neil · Married on 05/09/2014

We cannot complement Anna enough. Not only was her photography beautiful, but she did an excellent job of conveying the nuances of our story. We have shared the wedding blog she created with friends around the world. Without fail everyone who has read the blog commented on what a wonderful job she did of capturing the special nature of our wedding. We would also like to share with everyone how grateful we are for her support of same sex marriage and sponsoring the wedding package which we were so fortunate to win. We HIgHLY recommend Anna if you are evaluating wedding photographers!

Sent on 07/13/2014

Jennifer · Married on 10/12/2013

Anna did a completely incredible job of capturing our wedding day. We leaned on her expertise and she was considerate of our wishes and everything turned out perfectly. She was quick and strategic for some of the more tedious/necessary moments (posed family photos, portraits) so we could maximize our time with our guests. She was basically invisible during the ceremony and reception yet seemed to capture every major moment, as well as many stolen/hidden/candid moments. Her shots were creative and unique and she is a straight-up lighting magician - you would never know that the majority of the reception was entirely in the dark. We were entirely at ease with Anna and could not be more pleased with the results.

Sent on 10/24/2013

Anna is awesome. She photographed our wedding and engagement session, and the photographs were gorgeous. She put us at ease in front of the camera and truly captured our personalities. We especially love her use of natural light and the natural, relaxed style of her photographs. It was a pleasure to work with Anna--she is always so calm and organized.Thanks so much, Anna!

Sent on 07/23/2013

Akane · Married on 01/26/2013

Anna is one of the best professional wedding photographer that I know. I admire Anna for not only her beautiful photography work but also her professional process.

She worked with us from very early stage of our wedding preparation, and from how she plans the photography with her client, how she execute it, and how she complete her work after wedding - in all of her process, we saw her professionalism and passion.

Anna tries understand the client thoroughly with her preparation process and I think that leads the great photography of hers. For example, the location of the wedding, culture behind the couple, season, time, story behind the wedding, their family, wedding theme, couple's personality, highlights, etc.

Her effort of understanding couple's story comes in very details and once the wedding day has come, she goes around and capture what exactly is important in the wedding day. That outcome really satisfies the client.

In Anna's photography, she captures perfect emotion of people, and with the beautiful lights. She is also very good at finding the "details" that completes the wedding day special.

From the wind running thru the lace of brides gown, how the sunlight lighten up the couple's cheeks, the way kids excited around the couple's arrival, how the tears run down the father's eyes, how the moment was quiet and important in atmosphere, etc.

Her photography is not only beautiful but tells the story itself because she doesn't let go those moment to moment "details" within the wedding day.

Asking Anna to do our wedding photography was one of the best choices that we made for our wedding day.

Sent on 10/17/2013

Sun · Married on 09/29/2012

I knew that the only thing that really lasts after your wedding is all said and done are photos and videos so we wanted to make sure we had a great photographer. Anna and her crew were exactly what we wanted and more. Anna was not only an amazing photographer but a great advice giver on all things wedding - she gave me advice on linen colors, nail colors, etc bc she knew what would look best in photos. She knew exactly what worked and didn't work for photos, and all the photos came out so perfectly. You can definitely tell when a photo has a professional Anna touch versus any other picture. I know these photos are something we will look at over and over and over again. Anna is so easy to work with, incredibly professional, prompt, knowledgeable, flexible. I dont know what more to say, her pictures speak for themselves! thank you anna, we'll be looking forward to taking anniversary photos with you next year!

Sent on 10/11/2012

christine · Married on 03/24/2012

Anna has a very calm demeanor, which is perfect for all the craziness surrounding your wedding day! She is very accommodating with requests and super timely with e-mails and/or questions we had.

We were planning an outdoor ceremony but it rained all day. She kept a positive outlook about the situation and we came up with other photo ops for our first look, that turned out great despite not being able to shoot outside.

During the ceremony and reception, she remained in the background, which allowed her to get really great candid shots!

Sent on 04/17/2012

Raquel · Married on 09/04/2011

I cannot say enough great things about Anna Wu. She traveled for both our engagement session and our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with the outcome. Our true personalities come through in the photos - Anna has a magical eye and captures scenes like nobody else can, and made us feel so comfortable the entire time. Anna was super easy to work with, very accommodating, and responded immediately to every request I sent her way. Our pictures are stunning, our guest album is gorgeous, and I can't wait till we whittle down my top 500 favorite photos from the wedding to something manageable for the official wedding album. Anna is amazing!

Sent on 10/10/2011

karly · Married on 08/20/2011

Anna Wu was incredible to work with. She was extremely prepared and professional - we were very impressed by her thoughtful research prior to the wedding, but it was at the wedding that she truly blew us away. Her pictures are creative and beautiful, and she is able to completely capture all the important moments. Anna comes highly recommended!

Sent on 09/18/2011

Kate · Married on 08/12/2011

My husband and I absolutely recommend Anna! She was fabulous at our recent wedding. She was friendly, professional, responsive, knowledgeable, and flexible throughout our communications leading up to the wedding, on the day of, and after the wedding. We both feel that Anna went above and beyond to make our wedding memorable.

We don't live in the area, but we were able to Skype with Anna and we knew right away that she was our first choice for a photographer. Anna always responded to my emails quickly, she was also available on google chat and facebook and she created a google doc which we were both able to update and see.

Anna was so easy and fun to work with. She also kept to our budget and even added in some extra surprises (an assistant and slideshow).

Even the day before the wedding I didn't know for sure where we would do our first-look photos because I wanted to see what the weather would be like. Anna was fine with that and said she would go with what we wanted. Anna's assistant, Eugene Lau, was also very professional and helpful throughout the day. The day of the wedding Anna and Eugene got there early and just started taking photos of my dress, shoes, etc while I was getting ready. I didn't have to worry about it at all.

Throughout the day, Anna listened to what we wanted and offered suggestions when we weren't sure. She has a good eye and was thoughtful and creative. She knew how to position us and where to take photos with beautiful details and backgrounds. She was also quick when she needed to be (taking family photos on a windy balcony with two little kids). Anna even put together a slideshow for us during the wedding itself. I have no idea when she did it, but she put it on a laptop during the dancing and everyone was able to walk over and watch it. It was so amazing to see the photos at the wedding itself :) We knew before the wedding was even over that we would have tons of gorgeous photos (her camera is awesome too).

After the wedding, we got sneak-peaks of photos on Facebook and on Anna's blog. We got our online gallery about 2 and a half weeks after the wedding. The photos are gorgeous and it's hard to decide which ones to order!! We are working on the album now, and I know that it will also be wonderful.

We definitely recommend Anna!

Sent on 09/01/2011

Having Anna with us on our wedding day was actually calming, and that's really all you can hope for from your vendors on a day that is morning-until-night chaos. During the selection process she is professional, clear about her pricing, and her site makes it easy to see her portfolio and range of work. More importantly, on the day of, she blended seamlessly into the setting, feeling almost like a part of the family. I was impressed with her eye for things, her command of the situation to quickly direct people into what she had envisioned (before people could get antsy), her patience with an endless number of group photos in every permutation of family, and the presentation of photos the during the reception. I appreciate that what she shoots needs minimal post-processing, and the beauty of her style is reliant on framing, minimal controlled lighting, and just capturing emotion.

Anna was always timely in communication, leaving multiple avenues of getting in touch, and was quicker than expected in delivering the final portfolio. I've heard stories of people not having a look at photos for a few months - Anna did it in weeks. For the quality that she delivers, she's more than reasonably priced, and, in conjunction with Seaglass Cinema, provides a complete solution to your event documenting needs.

I'm so glad that we had her and cannot recommend her enough. :) I know that photography can seem expensive in the wedding budget, but after seeing the results, you'll know that it was worth it. At the end of the night, it was hard to process the whirlwind of what had just happened. I know that decades down the line, when I remember that day, it will be with the images she captured.

Sent on 10/06/2011

Mega · Married on 07/23/2011

Anna is amazing! I'm a wedding planner and I was incredibly lucky to find Anna to be my photographer for my own wedding! From the beginning she was so easy to work with. She was very flexible with my budget and came an hour earlier than she was suppose to, she gave us a special surprise at the wedding reception with a slideshow of some pictures she had taken of the wedding that same day. Hands down after all the photographers I have worked with, Anna is highly recommended, she fits our budget and her work is excellent! Thanks so much Anna!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Ragini · Married on 07/02/2011

Anna is thoroughly professional, creative, smart, and warm, and she has a great eye! Anna did the photography for our July 2011 wedding in Berkeley, and the images turned out beautifully. She was also a pleasure to work with and very clear with us throughout the process about expenses, etc.

We were trying to keep to a budget, and Anna helped us by throwing in a couple extra things--including a surprise "day of" slideshow at our reception and her assistant. We also worked with her sister company--Seaglass Cinema--who did videography and produced a terrific highlights video for us. It was very convenient to be able to book photo and video together.

It is great to see a young woman start her own business in a competitive market, and Anna is really thriving. We are very happy to have been able to work together and to support Anna Wu Photography!

Sent on 07/21/2011

Courtney · Married on 06/18/2011

wow, what can i say? anna was great to work with and my pictures turned out amazing! here are the things that i think anna does exceedingly well:

1. VALUE. anna's portfolio really represents her talent for catching the understated yet poignant moments. if this is your photography style, you won't find better (just a lot more expensive). also, you cannot compete with her prices for having a second photographer--it's a no brainer so just add it!

2. FLEXIBILITY. despite having formal packages, anna let us convert our engagement session (which we had unfortunately taken with another photographer) to an extra hour of wedding coverage. thanks for being so reasonable!

3. ORGANIZED. it was like pulling teeth trying to get some of my other vendors on top of things, but anna sent a well-thought out, extremely thorough google document 3 weeks before the wedding. it made it easy for me to clearly communicate the schedule and other logistical considerations (even things i hadn't thought about before!) her responses are prompt, and in a service-oriented industry, timeliness is synonymous with how much you care about your clients.

a few additional notes:
    anna has an easy-going personality which puts you at ease and relaxes you on what could be the most stressful day of your life! she'll spend the time talking you through before hand to really understand what you want out of your pictures and what things have/haven't worked in the past.

warning: my husband and bridesmaids were initially perturbed at the way she situated people in pictures/group shots (i.e. they felt they weren't being directed to stand in ultra-specific ways or positions). however, since everyone agrees that the photos turned out amazing, clearly anna is able to compose photos quickly and in a way that doesn't make you feel uncomfortably stiff and staged (unlike some other photographers).

YES, I CAN'T RECOMMEND HER MORE HIGHLY!!!

Sent on 07/25/2011

M · Married on 09/25/2010

Anna is an extremely talented photographer. She shot our engagement photos and our wedding -- we cannot give high enough praise for her work! She is very professional and is great at making you feel relaxed in front of a camera for the photos you'll keep forever. She has an excellent eye for detail, composition, timing -- she does an amazing job of capturing your special moments in a way that reflect you as a couple. I really dreaded looking into photographers and did not want generic or typical wedding photos, but at the same time did not want fashion magazine-type photos either. I wanted photos in which my husband and I looked like "us" -- nothing unnatural, over-edited, over-posed, etc. That's exactly what we got in working with Anna -- she took advantage of the environment (historic San Francisco buildings near Fisherman's Wharf) and makes you feel natural in "posing" for photographs. My husband and I are so thrilled with how our wedding photos came out -- our friends and family have been raving about them, and we are so happy that there are so many great ones that we can share with family and friends overseas who couldn't attend our wedding. We highly recommend Anna to anyone in need of an engagement or wedding photographer!

Sent on 12/02/2010