American Commodore Tuxedo Reviews

14 | Canton, OH

14 Reviews for American Commodore Tuxedo

Matthew · Married on 12/01/2018

Fast and friendly! Tremendous service.

Sent on 08/31/2018

Amy · Married on 11/10/2018

Great experience here. Will definitely come back again in the future.

Sent on 10/08/2018

I have to say that without American Commodore our wedding would not have looked half as good as it did. I believe it was Kristine and Courtney that helped us at the Southern Park Mall in Boardman. They were so patient with us while we were trying to figure out exactly what we wanted, they had great ideas that really helped us as well!! The prices were WONDERFUL! We had gone to Men's Warehouse and Rondinelli's and neither store had the tuxs, colors, or prices like American Commodore did. Two of the guys in the wedding party had to get replacements, but the replacements got there so quickly that it wasn't a big deal at all. I would tell anyone to go here. We will be life long customers and we will make sure our friends and family are too!

Sent on 07/18/2015

American Commodore Tuxedo's reply:

Congratulations! We are so glad you had such a great experience with us. Its great to hear that Kristine and Courtney are continuing our 85+ years of wedding expertise. We do try to correct any mistakes as quickly as possible so thank you for your patience with the replacements. We're looking forward to working with you and your loved ones again soon!

dennis · Married on 10/05/2013

Great price, service and quality. They even rushed a pair of pants from Cleveland when we found a ripped seam on a groomsman 2 hours before the wedding. Amazing service guys!

Sent on 10/23/2013

American Commodore Tuxedo saved our wedding day!! We were going to men's Wearhouse for our tuxedos when all hell broke loose! The tuxedos were like $200! # weeks before the wedding I had finally just said enough is enough and decided to cancel my wedding through them! I went into American Commodore in the eastwood mall where they saved the day! They got my wedding set up in tuxedos for $120 3 weeks before the wedding! Without them our day would have been ruined! I saw some of the bad posts about them and realized those customers must of been real assholes to get shitty service like that! or they are lying!

Sent on 08/18/2013

My wedding date suddenly changed from being eleven months away to only three weeks, as deployment for my husband was being threatened! With so little time to get everything arranged, tuxedo rentals slipped my mind. With ONLY A WEEK left, I frantically looked for a tuxedo rental shop. American Commodore Tuxedo, both at Chapel Hill and Belden Village, came to our rescue. None of our groomsmen, father, or groom had time to get measure in their store. They allowed us to tell them measurements via phone, asked questions about the sizing of our guys, and helped me pick out the perfect styles. Even without having one prior try on, the sizing was perfect. I can't thank American Commodore enough for their excellent service and quality product.

Sent on 09/24/2012

I just recently went through American Commodore for our tuxedos. My husband and I went to the location in The Eastwood Mall. The service her was wonderful!! We had decided to go to American Commodore because we had originally went to Men's Warehouse in Boardman but was very disappointed! Men's Warehouse had NOOOOO selection compared to American Commodore.! They showed us 3 tuxedos all black and all around 190$ to rent! They also only offered us 1 pair of shoes!
    When we went into the American Commodore in Niles the boy who helped us was very friendly! He seemed young but knew all his information very well and was super nice to us! He showed us a ton of different styles all around 120$! Way cheaper than Men's Warehouse. The servixe was just soo much better at American Commodore! I highly suggest going to the store in the eastwood mall!

Sent on 06/04/2013

sherri · Married on 07/16/2011

4.2
      3.5

American Commodore Tuxedo at the south euclid location was great we came in 2 months before and they made sure everything was on point. The manager Charles was very kind and he made sure that the biggest day of my life went well. The tuxes were in good shape as far as rentals. The staff was cool too they had my guys looking sharp. I would recommend American Commodore Tuxes to anyone who would need tuxes and I wish the staff a good wedding season :)-sherri

Sent on 08/22/2012

Rachel · Married on 05/28/2011

3.6
      2.5
      3.5

I won money off of our tuxedo rentals at a bridal show, so we received my husband's tuxedo, plus one other tux rental free. They allowed us to split the additional free rental between our fathers. Prices were not bad and the staff were helpful when selecting styles. There was an issue with measurements that involved my husband receiving the wrong size of pants and having to wait six hours for us to send someone to pick up the right size. Had we not arranged to pick them up early, this could have put us in a huge bind, but instead it was more of a minor frustration.

Sent on 07/10/2011

2.4
      2.0

I used the ACT in the Findlay Village Mall and was happy with them up until three days before my wedding. When we went in to order the tuxes in September, the manager and young woman that helped with our measurements were very patient and helpful with us during our decision-making process. The manager helped us figure out how much the total would be for all the men's tuxes and how much each groomsman was expected to pay after discounts were applied, etc. She quoted us a price at that time and signed off on it. Three days before the wedding, I went in to pay the remaining balance and was told we owed around $300 more than we were told originally. I was shocked and upon further examination, she realized that one of the tuxes hadn't been entered correctly and she fixed it, but the remaining balance still showed we owed about $110 more than originally quoted. I told her there was no way that was possible because we had collected money from each groomsman based on the amount originally quoted and I knew I had the correct amount. She looked over our receipts and what they had in the system and realized that SHE had forgotten to include one of the tuxes in the quote she had signed off on. However, we were expected to pay the missing amount although it had been her mistake. $100 may not sound like much, but 3 days before my wedding, I didn't have an extra $100 laying around. We never received even the slightest apology from ANYONE involved in the situation, especially not the manager! I even mentioned that I might have to have my FATHER not pick up his tux because I couldn't come up with the extra money and she didn't show a bit of sympathy or emotion; just said that was fine and they wouldn't charge us for any tux not picked up. I was less upset by the initial mistake as I was by the rudeness of the management and the refusal to fix their mistake. What happened to "the customer is always right" and "whatever it takes to make sure we have returning business"????

Sent on 11/13/2013

Kristyna · Married on 10/13/2018

1.6

Go somewhere else

If you literally want everything to go wrong with your order or your party's order... choose these people. Literally everyone's order was wrong to some degree. No one takes responsibility. Staff not informed or well trained. Simply awful.

Sent on 11/07/2018

0.0

I also won money off at the cleveland bridal show, so I decided to try them.
    The tuxs came in late, the NIGHT before the wedding. My father's was just terrible!! He didn't have time to try it on at the store, but at the same time, no one advised him too. It was so big on him. My brother's was also big, and he was running around on the day of the wedding trying to get a smaller shirt! We used the store in Solon. They told him they didn't have the correct size but south euclid did. We live in Walton Hills. Thats so far, especially on the wedding day. Why do they not allow extra time for size corrections?????? This place really sucks. Father of the bride was very disappointed in is attire.

Sent on 06/24/2013

Kearstin · Married on 10/18/2008

0.0

They forgot to order the grooms tuxedo. ENOUGH SAID!

Sent on 02/16/2009

Kristi · Married on 09/02/2007

0.0

Do not use American Commodore Tuxedo for your wedding. They will undoubtedly screw things up!!!

They mixed up our order, giving half the guys regular collared shirts and half the guys wing-tip shirts. The average person probably wouldn't notice but the discrepancy is painfully obvious in our formal photos. It looks like the guys all wore their own shirts. The tuxes were very nice, a subtle pinstriped black, but we were so annoyed with the fact that they screwed up the shirts AND the sizes of the various shirts (some guys had to trade to make this work!) that we would NEVER recommend them to ANYONE.

Also, our tuxes were expensive--roughly $130 per groomsman/usher/Dad.

Sent on 11/12/2007