Above and Beyond DJ's Reviews

Above and Beyond DJ's 1
Above and Beyond DJ's 2

Vida Events · Married on 09/21/2019

Amazing DJ!

Greg was amazing! As a wedding planner, it's so nice to work with vendors who are go with the flow and willing to make changes throughout the day. Fun, respectful and tons of enthusiasm. We can't wait to work with him again!

Sent on 09/22/2019

Susan · Married on 06/15/2019

Great Experience!

Greg was the perfect DJ for our wedding! He was professional, punctual, and played a great variety of music that kept friends and family on the dance floor all night. He had a large selection of music for us to select some favorite songs and he played all the requests we had. One big thing for us was that the music was played at the right level (good to dance to but not so loud people couldn't speak to each other) and the volume of the music was just right the whole night! We highly recommend Above and Beyond DJ!

Sent on 07/01/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic DJ!

Greg was great to work with, and did a fantastic job DJ-ing our wedding. First, he was so friendly, and gave us suggestions for how to structure the wedding but was also flexible about letting us organize it how we wanted to. Immediately after the ceremony, he met us with cocktails of our choice so we could have a moment to relax before our pictures started. He also had the perfect playlist for the wedding - a mix of oldies and newer music that all of the guests loved - and the volume was perfect even for the older guests. In all, Greg was a delight to work with and I'd highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 04/06/2019

The BEST DJ for your wedding!

Greg was the best DJ we could have asked for! We booked a few months out from the wedding (April 6, 2019) and I was very stressed and just wanted someone who knew what they were doing and could handle all the little details that I didn't have time to. Greg was perfect! He's such a great person to talk to, and was SO helpful before and during the wedding. He always kept the music going at a good pace and everyone was dancing the whole time. I know his tagline is that people shouldn't say the DJ was good, they should say the wedding was good, but really I had people complimenting both. Awesome job Greg - I would recommend you a million times over!

Sent on 04/18/2019
  • Ann

Ann · Married on 03/29/2019

An absolute professional!

Right off the bat during our first meeting over FaceTime, Greg put us right at ease and knew exactly what questions to ask. He knew the venue and had everything all set up for our outdoor wedding including a wireless mic for the celebrant. Even though we requested non-traditional ceremony music, he took care of everything and it turned out perfect.

First and foremost, Greg made sure we were taken care of and was prepared for every situation. He made sure we had drinks in our hands, escorted us first to the buffet table and even carried my plate for me. The absolute highlight was right after we walked down the aisle and before the formal photos began, Greg was right there with two fresh beers waiting for us! He kept the party moving (with our requested 90s dance party) and kept things nicely moving along for speeches, cake cutting, etc. We didn’t have to worry about a single thing! An absolute professional!

Sent on 05/06/2019
    Above and Beyond DJ's 3

Andrew · Married on 11/11/2018

Great experience with great DJ!

Greg was great to work with before and during our wedding. He was very responsive to our requests, and incredibly helpful during the ceremony/reception. I would recommend him to anyone!

Sent on 11/15/2018

Leila · Married on 10/20/2018

100% lives up to the name

Greg Haynes was fantastic!! Of course the music was amazing and kept everyone dancing but he also kept myself and the groom calm and on track. 100% best DJ!!!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Devin · Married on 09/29/2018

Greg Haynes is THE MAN!!! When you speak to a Vendor you always home they can deliver on at least most of what they promise, well he delivered 100%! He knew what he was doing and kept the night going!! He really did make our special day completely amazing and I would recommend him to EVERYONE!!!

Sent on 09/30/2018
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 09/22/2018

Perfect Choice!

We had an amazing experience with Greg from start to finish! He's very responsive, down to earth, and makes you feel at ease. He understood our style so well and played all of our requests throughout the night - we even got comments about how "on point" the music was and how it matched us and the venue so well. During the early parts of the reception/dancing, Greg was awesome about playing songs that catered to older guests, but that the younger folks could appreciate and dance to as well. As the night went on, the dance floor was NEVER empty, and even my 6-month pregnant butt could not stop dancing. He kept the party going until the bitter end. We really appreciated how we honored our "do not play" list, too. For a lot of our specific songs (like father/daughter, first dance, mother/son, entrance song, etc), we wanted it cut to a specific time, and Greg executed everything perfectly. To top everything off, his pricing is extremely reasonable and doesn't include any extra fees for add-ons, requests, etc. It made everything so easy! And speaking of "above and beyond," the first thing Greg did after we got married and walked out of the ceremony was greet us with congratulatory drinks of our choice - this guy is seriously awesome!

Sent on 10/15/2018
    Above and Beyond DJ's 4

Katy · Married on 04/28/2018

My husband and I loved working with Greg for our wedding. He understood how to keep the guests well entertained and the bridal party happy all at the same time. He truly went above and beyond our expectations. 100% recommend.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Julia · Married on 11/04/2017

It was a pleasure to work with Greg for our wedding. Once everyone started dancing, no one stopped! Greg was very easy to coordinate with, has a great sense of humor, and made helpful suggestions to the flow of events. I would definitely recommend Greg to other couples!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Natalie · Married on 09/09/2017

Exceptional DJ!

Greg was truly amazing! My husband and I met him while he was DJing my aunt and uncle's wedding, and we knew we had to book him. He was amazing to work with both prior to and during the wedding. He was so punctual and comfortable communicating with our other vendors. He was such a gentleman for making sure my husband and I had our favorite drink and some appetizers after our ceremony, and he made the time management of bridal party entrances and speeches look effortless. He picked a great selection of songs that kept guests of all ages on the dance floor and smiles on everyone's faces. He was great at accommodating any song requests, and we would truly recommend him to anyone! We were so happy with Greg!

Sent on 07/14/2019

Emily · Married on 09/02/2017

We are so glad we had Greg as our DJ for our wedding at Whitehall! The first time we talked to him it was obvious he knew what he was doing. Greg was very prepared and organized. He gave us a lot of peace for the reception in that we didn't have to worry about much and Greg would take care of everything! He helped run the schedule during the reception including first dances, speeches, cake cutting etc. Greg also provided us with drinks as soon as we walked back up the aisle! He continually checked on me and my husband throughout the night to check if we needed anything. Great music selections, we only gave him a handful of songs we wanted and everything else was his choice. Everybody was on the floor dancing the whole night. We had a rainy day for our wedding and made a last minute decision on where to hold the ceremony, Greg was very flexible to move his system so he could do the music for the ceremony. All in all Greg was fantastic and we are so glad we hired him!

Sent on 09/16/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/28/2017

I read review after review of DJs, trying to find the best one for our wedding. A DJ has a huge impact on how your wedding is run, so it was really important to us that we found the best. A colleague of mine recommended Greg to me and said that he had done a wonderful job at her wedding. After our face time meeting with him, we instantly knew that he would be the perfect DJ. He was so friendly, had so many great ideas, and made the whole process seem stress-free (everything else is stressful enough, you don't want to have to worry about music too!). He responded right away any time I sent him an email with questions, and was super flexible. The most important part- the wedding day. We were married in a church, so we didn't see Greg until we pulled up to the reception. My husband always raves about how he opened the car door, and there was Greg with two beers in his hand (our two favorite beers- he made sure to ask our drink of choice beforehand). Once we got up to the bridal suite, Greg brought the bridal party appetizers since we weren't able to go to cocktail hour. While we were outside getting our pictures taken, he checked on us several times to make sure everything was fine and we didn't need anything. He came out to check if we needed any more drinks and delivered right away. Greg's ability to be flexible is impeccable. I was one very worried bride with the downpour rain we had all day and when there was one tiny break in the rain, I had to take that opportunity to get all of our pictures. This meant that we had to completely change the schedule that we had originally planned on. As a guest, you would have had NO idea that anything had been changed- it was just as smooth as seamless as though it was what we originally planned. Rain during the sparkler exit? No problem- Greg found a solution (covered porch) and got it approved by the venue. He kept people on the dance floor all night and truly helped make our day perfect! HIGHLY recommend Greg!

Sent on 08/09/2017

Daniel · Married on 06/24/2017

As with most weddings, there is a lot of planning, anxiety and uncertainty that goes along with the process of bringing two families, sets of friends and traditions together. My wife Christi and I can say without reservation, that having Greg handle the DJ services for our wedding was one of the best choices we made. From the time we met Greg nearly a year before our wedding date right up to the moment we walked through the line of sparklers to our getaway, Greg was the consummate professional and did exactly what the name of his business says--he went above and beyond!

The key to Greg's success, in my opinion, is he clearly and consciously does not make providing music and a festive atmosphere about him--you and your spouse are the show, and he shows incredible deference and respect to that fact. He not only works with you to find the best mix of music, he also greets you with iced bubble water after the ceremony, assists in getting you to your dinner table, orchestrates the blessing and toast--all with a flair. At the end, he helped box up things that needed to go with us the following morning and helped send us off with a friendly and warm feeling. The name of his business is not a cliche--he truly does make it about you and goes well beyond what an average dj would provide. If I could have given six stars, I would. Thank you Greg for helping to make our wonderful day a truly memorable and blessed occasion!

Sent on 06/27/2017

Jennifer · Married on 06/03/2017

Greg was a fantastic DJ for our wedding at Whitehall! When we met with him for the first time, I immediately felt at ease as he was very professional and prepared. He made sure that we were taken care of every step of the way, even asking us what drinks we wanted after the ceremony and he waited for us at the end of the aisle with drinks in hand! He helped everything move super smoothly and I really had nothing to worry about, which was amazing. The dance floor was also packed the entire time so he definitely knows how to read the crowd! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/06/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 05/06/2017

When we first interviewed with DJ Greg, it took about 5 minutes to realize that this was the DJ for us. There were so many touches that made Greg the perfect wedding DJ, starting with the flexibility in interviews – Greg offered to do a skype interview since my husband and I couldn’t make it out to see him in person, and about .3 seconds after we hung up, my now husband said “BOOK HIM. We don’t need to interview anyone else”. Greg wasn’t just a DJ, he was the perfect MC for the night. The music was great – he had a large selection to choose from, and if he didn’t have it, he’d get it. He played exactly what we wanted. He also had a great feel for what it was going to take to keep people on the dance floor and having fun, including making some game time decisions on schedules. One of his interview questions was “What is your favorite drink?”, and when we finished taking our photos, there he was, to finalize a few last minute details before the party started, and put drinks into our hands. He’s the whole package, if you can get him, don’t bother interviewing anyone else – we are glad we didn’t!!

Sent on 06/17/2017

Rachel · Married on 10/29/2016

We used Greg as our DJ for our wedding ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and he was absolutely fantastic for all three. I can be pretty picky about music in general, and especially at my own wedding! But I felt completely confident in Greg prior to the wedding, and he certainly did not disappoint. He listened to our needs and wants and made many helpful suggestions, always responding promptly during pre-wedding communications. He also asked thoughtful questions prior to our wedding that showed he had experience and had all of our bases covered. He even made sure he knew our drinks of choice so he could bring use glasses since sometimes brides and grooms are so busy during their weddings that they don't have a chance to get drinks.
    During the wedding, the sound quality was great and Greg kept us in the spotlight rather than himself. He did a wonderful job of balancing making necessary announcements, etc. without making himself the center of attention. I would 100% recommend Above and Beyond DJ's and would use him again for future events!

Sent on 11/14/2016

Brian · Married on 10/15/2016

We went into this wedding with very little idea of what we were doing or any kind of a vision for how the night would go, and as the groom in this process, all of that goes double for me.

Greg was AMAZING. He made sure we never went without a drink in our hands, made sure we had food from our cocktail hour brought to us while we were doing photographs, was receptive to song suggestions, and we knew he was guaranteeing everything ran smoothly all night long.

I'm also told the music selection was great (It was mentioned to me that my musical tastes are awful and I shouldn't suggest anything...I do agree with that sentiment) and my the dance floor was packed all night long. You couldn't pull my wife off the floor if you wanted.

If you can get Above and Beyond DJs...do it. Don't hesitate.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Julia · Married on 09/24/2016

There are too many great things to say about Greg!!

-Husband and I are terrible with music choices, we told Greg this and his response was "don't worry, I have everything under control"... he was NOT lying. EVERYONE was dancing and singing all night long, we even had guests that didn't want it to end. As a bride that's the greatest thing to hear from your guest... not wanting your wedding to end!

-MORE THAN A DJ... he brought us drinks and appetizers during the photo session, which is fantastic because you always hear couples saying they didn't get to have their appetizers. Well we did and it was AWESOME! When we met with him he asked what kind of drinks we liked... guess what drinks we got during the photo shoot... yep, exactly what we wanted.

-I had a hair fiasco.. aka it completely fell out. Well he was completely prepared, he had bobby pins to help put my hair back in place.

Overall, if you want your wedding to be a good time, Greg is the best DJ you can possibly ask for. He will not disappoint you and will help make your night unforgettable!

Thanks Greg!!! - Julia & Mike

Sent on 09/27/2016

Jennifer · Married on 09/18/2016

You can't go wrong with this guy! Thank you Greg for an amazing reception.

Sent on 10/10/2016

Diane · Married on 08/27/2016

Greg from Above and Beyond Djs is phenomenal! He was so helpful and responsive throughout the whole process, he was the one vendor that I had no trouble with and did not stress over at all, just smooth sailing! He made everything so stress-free! He came prepared with a plethora gadgets under his suit coat (bobby pins, safety pins, band-aids, stain remover, you name it he has it), it was amazing!
    He happily made me a customized playlist to play during my cocktail hour of 60s and 70s music. For the reception I gave him a list of songs but was worried the crowd wouldn't like it. He said not to worry, he can read the crowd and play other things if he sees people not enjoying themselves. He was so good at reading the crowd and playing songs people would get up and dance to while still playing the music I wanted as well! My wedding day was on my brother's birthday so he even made an announcement for my brother and everyone sang him happy birthday, which was amazing :) Everyone enjoyed themselves and said how good our DJ was :)
    During pictures, after the ceremony, he came and brought my husband and I drinks and food from cocktail hour as well :) Greg is so kind, laid-back, funny and good at what he does! You can't go wrong with him! :)

Sent on 09/08/2016

kristina · Married on 08/06/2016

Greg Haynes of Above and Beyond DJs is the best choice we could have made for our wedding! We swear that he did a perfect job. He DJ'd our wedding this August, and we can't say more great things about him or his work. In terms of planning the wedding, he was always there for us. We emailed him anytime we wanted and he would help us figure out what was what. He started off all the planning by meeting with us (we chose by FaceTime) and then emailing us a few sheets that helped him plan out our day. As far as the day of the wedding went, he played exactly what we wanted for both the ceremony and reception. He also brought us refreshments when we were taking photos after the ceremony. All of our guests raved about how great he was, because it was a non-stop dance party rager (but he didn't scare the older folks away, he's classy). It was seriously a great set (he's also great with the speeches and handling the timeline). Seriously, go with this guy. Not to mention, he's very open minded and friendly. We are an LGBT couple. He's the one!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Our venue recommended Greg Haynes for a DJ for our wedding a few weeks ago. We are so glad they did because we could not have asked for a better DJ! Greg truly goes above and beyond, as the name says. He took the time to get to know us and was very organized. He was easy to work with and always had a positive attitude.On the wedding day, he arrived early and made sure we were taken care of throughout the night. He did a fantastic job playing songs that we liked and reading the crowd. He was great about keeping everything on schedule. We are so glad we had Greg at our wedding and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Sent on 07/28/2016

Maddie · Married on 07/02/2016

Greg Haynes is awesome! He was the DJ for our wedding in July, but he was more than just a DJ. My husband and I met Greg right after we got engaged to discuss details. At that meeting, Greg told us that he would be more than a DJ, he would have extras of everything, he would make sure we had food and drinks all night, and most importantly he would keep us on our schedule for the night. We were really excited because that was exactly what we wanted and Greg did everything he said he would do! He came to see me prior to the ceremony to ask if I needed anything, met us with water after the ceremony, brought us food during cocktail hour, and took note of our favorite drinks and made sure we didn't go without one! Greg also had a lot of setting up to do prior to the night. Our venue was unique in that we used 3 different spaces in a hotel. Greg brought enough equipment to set up for the ceremony outside (microphones and music), introductions/dinner music in the dining room, and dancing in the reception space. And he was able to keep us on track so we got to do everything we wanted to do that night! We were beyond thrilled with Greg and his professionalism and our guests had a wonderful time! They were dancing all night! We can't thank Greg enough for all that he did for us! If you're looking for a DJ that truly goes above and beyond for his clients, Greg is your guy!

Sent on 07/22/2016