Acme DJs of Virginia

Newport News, Virginia View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$800 Most Popular Price

Acme DJs of Virginia is a DJ entertainment specialist out of Newport News, Virginia. Add the perfect music and vibe to your celebration with the help of our longtime experience in the business. Our main focus to you would be to put your needs and wants first. Every wedding is different and unique so we create an event for you to fit your vision that you had planned out for your big day! If you would like a professional and a superior DJ experience along with providing a well-organized DJ entertainment addition to your wedding event, reach out to us and see what we can do for you. We would love to hear what your ideas are and work with you in creating your ultimate wedding day experience.

Info about your DJ

My name is Matthew Izzo and I am the founder of Acme DJs of Virginia. I began my DJ Entertainment journey in the 1990’s. I have over 30 years of experience, specializing in weddings and other celebratory occasions like private parties & corporate functions. I enjoy entertaining guests while sharing my DJ expertise and knowledge that I have gained over the years about all types genera’s music. I will incorporate the right type of music for your event based on your requests. With my DJ style if there are changes made to your request of music or to your event, I can quickly adopt to your request. I take great pride in providing you with the best customer service that you deserve.

Acme DJs of Virginia offers multiple wedding packages and services to personalize your wedding day desires. Our wedding packages are design with various levels of entertainment, guest interaction and services based on your needs and wants. Remember, your wedding day is unique to you and one of a kind. We will help you incorporate any all of your ideas into our packages. To discuss the various options, you will meet with the DJ for your event to discuss music selections, as well as putting together a wedding agenda and schedule to help organize and plan out your wedding day. Other items and services offered by this business include:

• Dance Floor Lighting
  • Microphones (Cordless and Corded)
  • Professional Sound/PA System
  • Uplighting (Choose from mutiple colors)
  • Monograms
  • Unlimited Consultation
  • PlayList and Do-not-play list
  • Liability insurance
  • DJ, MC and Host Specialist

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$675

What is included in the starting price?

Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$800

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Disco Ball
Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$400

What music genres do you specialize in?

Club
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
MC

What additional equipment do you offer?

Disco Ball
Uplighting

• Kari
    Kari S. Married on 06/04/2022

Great DJ!!!

Matthew did an amazing job managing our ceremony and reception music. Our guests and vendors said how fun the atmosphere was and he kept the dance floor busy all night. We would definitely recommend using him for your wedding reception!
  • Liz
    Liz W. Married on 05/21/2022

Dance the night away with the best DJ in town!

Matt Izzo is literally a beast! He was recommended to me by my photographer, and I'm so thankful I listened to the high praise put upon him, as he deserved every word! From the very beginning, during the start of COVID, Matt was communicative, professional and personable! The phone conversation prior to hiring him was effortless and informative and made me feel at ease with my decision to hire him! Throughout the two years of our planning period, I would check in on him every six months or so to be sure all was good and each time he responded letting me know our day was important and he wouldn't miss it! Matt at Acme DJ's was so charismatic and flawless at our wedding and helped our ceremony and reception flow so effortlessly! He even made his way to the dance floor to help some guests in desperate need of dancing the electric slide, and he did it with style! I also asked that I include a special dance for my dad and sister, as my dad broke his neck and had to miss my sister's wedding, so I wanted them to have a first dance together, finally. Matt helped coordinate that special dance and his help was so appreciated! Also, he has various packages included, but if you're thinking about using uplights, I highly recommend them! He managed to get the perfect shade of blue-ish teal to match our wedding colors, and it truly gave the reception that extra pop! So impressive! Please don't hesitate to choose Acme DJ's as Matt will go above and beyond to make you and your guests have the time of your lives!
  • Taylor
    Taylor C. Married on 05/20/2022

Hire this dj!

If you need a DJ this is your guy. He’s incredibly responsive and can really read the room of people who aren’t dancers. My friend requested one Blink128 song and it got the people going! So he made sure to throw in some punk rock and it honestly was the highlight of my night.

He also was very professional and kept us and my coordinators up to speed with everything. The music transitions were spot on and he was just an all around great guy.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2015 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Fort Magruder Hotel & Conference Center Fort Magruder Hotel & Conference Center Hotel Weddings

I have worked with Matt for many years and I can tell you he is a Class Act!!!!! Very professional, always making sure the guests are dancing. Make sure you book this DJ you will not regret it

Cathy Smith Photography Cathy Smith Photography Wedding Photographers

I cannot say enough good things about Matt! He has DJ'd at least three of the weddings I've shot and he is so lively and entertaining - he always keeps the dance floor going. He even did the chicken dance with all the kids at the last wedding we shared (the adults joined in too, of course)! Highly recommended!

157 Linbrook Dr Newport News, Virginia, 23602
Location of (Acme DJs of Virginia)

Other vendors in Hampton Roads for your wedding