AARDVARK DJ SERVICES Reviews

10 | Portland, OR

10 Reviews for AARDVARK DJ SERVICES

Tiffany · Married on 08/27/2016

Larry is amazing!!!!!!! I would recommend his services to anyone who is looking for a DJ.

Sent on 09/10/2016

Michelle · Married on 07/23/2016

Larry is great! He did my cousins wedding so when i was having a hard time finding a dj she refered me to Larry. Larry is so easy and accommodating to work with. He worked with my crazy schedule the 4 months before my wedding and it was very much appreciated. He was great! The music was great! And he helped my wedding to go off without a hitch! I would recommend him to friends and family.

Sent on 08/06/2016

Kelsey · Married on 11/08/2014

Larry has a heart of gold and is a great DJ. I received so many compliments on his work. He did a lot of coordinating too, so he knows and can help with the sequence of events and has some great ideas! He made my wedding run really smoothly and people were dancing and had a great time! I really recommend Larry! He does this because he's passionate about it.

Sent on 11/19/2014

Scott · Married on 05/15/2010

Larry was great to work with! Friendly professional, and not annoying or the center of attention. Great balance of good service, nice guy, and good personality.

Sent on 06/06/2010

Sarah · Married on 07/11/2009

Larry did a great job. He listened to what we wanted before the wedding and then even changed it up when we changed our minds during the wedding. All in all I think that he is an amazing DJ at a steal of a price.

Sent on 07/28/2009

Chelsea · Married on 06/27/2009

Larry was wonderful. He spent a great deal of time getting to know us and helping us plan. He wrote us a beautiful ceremony that all of our guests complimented us on. His fee was extremely reasonable and he helped us pick out our processional music so that it was unique and so that it fit us. He even offered to drive to Spokane ( 6+ hours away) to do our consultation. We would recommend Larry to anyone we knew who was getting married!

Sent on 06/06/2010

Sara · Married on 11/02/2008

I cannot recommend Larry any higher...he is a fantastic DJ, very personal service, very good emcee for the evening. He added a personal touch that really made the event special. He tailored to the music that we like, honored our "NO WAY NO PLAY" list, played to get the floor dancing, was flexible with our karaoke needs, and guided the events of the evening perfectly.

Sent on 11/18/2008

Reuben · Married on 08/16/2009

Larry was very helpful and he was extremely flexible. When we were in the planning phase, he made sure what exactly I wanted to be played at my wedding. He took a look at the schedule of events and recommended songs that would work well at that time. I highly recommend Larry for your event.

Sent on 05/30/2010

Clayton · Married on 09/20/2009

4.2
      3.5

We were very satisfied with Larry as our DJ. He was warm, personable, very accomodating, and willing to go the extra mile. He provided excellent service for a very low price and offered to help with extras (He brought a separate system at no charge and offered to use it to play background music and selections of our own during the ceremony at no extra charge). Larry was willing to meet with us multiple times to discuss the music for our wedding at convenient times for us. He also went to extra efforts for the groom, who contacted him secretly and asked him to search for a specific (and difficult to find) song to sing to the bride at the reception, which he did happily.

Our only complaint about Larry's service was his choice to make a toast following the father of the bride after we had made it clear to him that we wanted toasts from only the wedding party and parents. Larry clearly takes a lot of pride in his work and really does want to help make each wedding beautiful, but his desire to go the extra mile went a little further than necessary at that point. His toast was short, tasteful, and heartfelt... it's just that a toast from the DJ should not have concluded the toasts or followed the father of the bride...

Overall, excellent service! I would recommend him highly.

Sent on 05/29/2010
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 05/14/2017

3.8
      3.0
      3.0

So my groom and I both agree that the amount of songs we picked and his library was great! He totally was able to find the songs we needed to walk down the isle to. That being said, Larry is a talker. In our consult with him, we hoped to spend maybe an hour with him; we ended up spending an hour and a half with him of him just talking. We hardly got a word in edge wise. I avoided meeting with up until the month before our wedding because i didn't have time to spend over an hour with him in a meeting. At the wedding, he sat in the corner and played music, didn't get the guests excited to dance...so a lot of our guests got bored and started to leave and most of them didn't dance. Our photographer had to encourage us to dance to get dancing photos....

Sent on 05/17/2017