A Moment In Time Reviews

99 | Plymouth, MI

99 Reviews for A Moment In Time

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Courtney · Married on 08/05/2017

I cant say enough good things about the A Moment in Time team! It was the best decision we made throughout the wedding planning process. Our ceremony and reception were flawless and it is credit to Jen, Kendall, Anna and the rest of their team. From the moment we met with them, they fully understood our style and vision. They helped us pull our ideas together into a cohesive theme and style that was carried throughout our wedding weekend. They had amazing referrals and helped guide us throughout the wedding planning process. It was also so helpful to do our florals through them as well (Jen House Designs). It made the day so much easier to not have an additional floral vendor to coordinate with. Our flowers were beautiful and it was so nice to be able to plan our floral centerpieces and decor with the same people coordinating our event! I would highly recommend A Moment in Time to anyone- I wish I had more friends and family getting married! I always felt that I was in good hands and had complete trust in the AMIT team. They helped us make our wedding day unforgettable and we are so grateful!

Beth · Married on 10/22/2016

THE BEST. Hands down. Jen, Kendall, and Anna are miracle workers. They are brilliant and will bend over backwards to make sure your day is perfect. They must be superhuman with how hard they work and how much they care!! I worked with them initially just as Day-Of coordinators, but I quickly learned that their skills and eye for detail were exactly what I was going to need for my entire wedding experience - I highly recommend getting the full wraparound services. We bonded quickly, they saw my vision immediately, and always had excellent ideas and suggestions for things that I would come to cherish about my wedding.

They also helped us navigate some crazy family dynamics, which, as all brides know, can stress you out even more than the planning. Their calm, even keeled, loving but firm approach helped us navigate the drama and push through to have the greatest event of all time.

I thought I wanted to do all of the planning myself, but looking back, having A Moment In Time take the lead as experts was essential to having a stress-free (seriously!) wedding day. I am sad that my wedding is over, but I think I may be saddest to not see Jen, Kendall, and Anna regularly anymore. They really made this experience so so special. If you choose them as your planners, you will be in the best hands.

• Izzy

Dena · Married on 10/08/2016

Jen House was amazing! She did my day-of event coordination and my flowers! Plus I was able to get my card box and pew bows from her for amazing prices! She is very professional and knows what she is doing, I would recommend her to anyone that needs help with any event!

Seema · Married on 07/15/2016

Some people have a knack for planning and seeing the vision other people have in their head. Jen House, Kendal and Anna are those people...in addition to warm, friendly and comforting ladies. They don't treat you as just another wedding on their books, they make each appointment, email, phone call and conversation productive, fun and relaxing. I have a hard time letting people take control of the planning but with the amount of people we have at our wedding it was becoming a lot to plan on my own. I am beyond relieved to have Jen and her team planning our wedding and doing the floral (yes they do floral too...how perfect!). If you are deciding if you need a wedding planner or not, then you most certainly should get one and it should be AMIT. With the discounts you get going through them for vendors and the peace of mind you get with them as the main contacts it is well over the amount you pay them and I promise you will not be let down. (tip: if you are unsure on who to choose for a wedding planner, follow amitweddings and jenhousedesign on instagram, it will blow your mind)

Alisha · Married on 04/25/2015

The BEST decision we made was to hire the incredible staff at A Moment in Time. My husband and I were planning our wedding from out of state, and things were already stressful enough with the planning, and we wanted to make sure we could enjoy the day of the wedding! I don't know what we would have done without AMIT. We found so many GREAT vendors because of them, and they gave us the tools to make planning much more organized and smooth. When we would talk with other vendors and tell them that we were working with Jen and her team, they all said how great they are and that we are in good hands. You know you are making a good decision when they have such a great reputation with other well known vendors in the industry. We felt so comfortable with all of their staff, they responded to emails quickly, and answered any and all questions we had. My family and I were just so impressed. The day of went SO smooth, we were frequently checked on to see if we needed anything, and they were prepared for anything. Again, this was the best decision we made in the wedding planning process. Thank you so much AMIT!

Janine · Married on 09/19/2014

We started the planning process on our own, after spending a wasted weekend up north visiting countless venues, frustrated we took a few months off from planning. We then decided to change course and have the wedding in the Metro Detroit area. We then contacted AMIT to help us get the wedding planning started!

Knowing we would need help finding a venue we went with the Deluxe package which is similar to the new "Out of Towner" package. Jen narrowed down our venues to 3 based on our budget and us wanting to have the reception on the water. We only visited two the venues and picked the Detroit Yacht Club. The planning worksheet they provided kept everything in one place. We used their referral recommendations for the Venue, DJ, Transportation, Tux Rental, Printing Shop, and hotel room blocks. This was a big time saver. We also used Jen House Design for our floral. The face to face meetings and unlimited contact by email and phone was very helpful and the advice was priceless.

Then the day of the wedding I don't know what I would have done with out these ladies! I had enough to worry about the week of the wedding, it was so helpful not to have to worry about anything before, during or after the wedding. I had someone drop off a car full of items at the DYC and they took it from there. It was nice not having a close friend or family member having to set up or tear down and all the details that comes with that responsibility. AMIT kept everything on time and running smoothly.

Tips for your wedding day:
    1) When you are announced into your Reception and if space is tight let you husband lead so he doesn't step on your dress.
    2) When cutting the cake remember about the cardboard in between each layer! We almost knocked our cake over!

Best decision for an indecisive couple!!

The only reason I haven’t written my review of the EXCEPTIONAL team that is A Moment in Time is because I still am having trouble finding the words for how THANKFUL and GRATEFUL I am to have worked with these women.

Our wedding venue was brand new and my husband and I knew it would be a challenge from the get go. Both of us in the hospitality/events industry, we thought we could handle it on our own. Dealing with the catering managers at the venue turned out to be our worst nightmare, causing a ton of drama for us. Thank the Good Lord that Jen and Kendall came to our rescue. They spent countless hours… way beyond our expectations… smoothing over countless “battles” with the venue and as a result gave us the wedding of our dreams. The AMIT team took this challenging venue by the reins and was always two steps ahead of everything both in the planning process and on the day of.

I can’t say enough wonderful things about this team. Within the first few interactions we had, it is obvious that these planners GENUINELY care about the happiness of their clients. Now that my wedding is over, I am sad not to be talking to them all the time as we really grew to love them! You WILL get personally attached and that is because they do their jobs with all of their hearts.

Do not think twice about hiring them for your wedding – they book fast and I don’t want any future brides reading this to miss out. I have already recommended them to every recently engaged couple I know.
    THANK YOU THANK YOU Jen, Kendall, Caroline and the rest of the AMIT team   

Hayley · Married on 05/23/2014

Hiring AMIT truly was the best decision we made regarding our wedding. Jen and Kendall and their entire staff is extremely professional while still being fun! I seriously think that Jen and Kendall can read minds! They took this small vision that we had in our head for our wedding day and amplified it and made it a million times better. The entire planning process was made so easy because of AMIT. My husband and I looked forward to our monthly meetings with Jen and Kendall, and at the end of the planning process feel like we made two new friends. The day of the wedding could not have gone any smoother. I don't know how they do it but they are seriously AMAZING. I honestly don't know how other people can get married without a wedding planner! I was able to actually enjoy my wedding day and not have to worry about getting anything ready. If you're hesitant about hiring a wedding planner DONT BE! It will be the best decision you make. Hire AMIT!!!!

I truly don't know if I could have done with without Jen and her team. Jen and Kendall helped me with the planning, keeping me on track and helping me make decisions. They were so supportive, responsive, creative and professional. They responded to all of my questions promptly. I was wavering back and forth over whether I needed a planner and I am so happy I decided to go with them. Kendall and Chelsea were by my side my whole day and I didn't have to worry about anything! The best part was the week before my wedding I got a text stating that all my vendors were confirmed- they coordinated and confirmed everyone! Chelsea even handled a difficult vendor for me the week of my wedding. I got to enjoy my day, and my family wasn't stuck handling things, and we all were able to not worry and know that everything was taken care of.

terese · Married on 10/26/2013

with 89 5-star reviews, it’s hard to say anything that the other brides haven’t already expressed about jen house and her team. my boy and i weren’t all too interested in the entire wedding planning process. we often joked that we were aiming for forgettable… a nice enough day with decent food and par décor without breaking the bank. i wasn’t fussy or opinionated about anything, but jen somehow gathered what our vague preferences were and delivered a smooth, stress-free, absolutely wonderful day.

jen and her team were essential in pulling off what ended up being the dream wedding i never knew i dreamed of. i went into the process thinking, who in their right mind dreams of all this planning and effort for one day? well jen and her team do, and i can say with confidence after working with her that, regardless of what you’re looking for, she can give it to you. we’re both so very happy with our decision to go with jen house, and we whole-heartedly recommend her services to any bride.

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2013

We've had many guests tell us that we had a "storybook" wedding--that is, the venue looked beautiful, the timing of events went off without a hitch, and we (bride & groom) truly enjoyed ourselves. I credit much of this to Jen House and her team. We had a premium day-of coordination package. As a result, we met with Jen and her team 3 times before the wedding day but still played an integral role in choosing/hiring the vendors that met our expectations and budget. I also utilized AMIT floral design and LOVED the final product!

Kathleen · Married on 10/05/2013

All I can say is WOW. That's what everyone said as they entered the Country Club for my daughter's wedding. Everything was breathtaking. Jennifer and her staff far exceeded our expectations. They are a delight to work with and they are extremely creative with their floral design....no cookie cutter stuff here! Jennifer had to make some last minute changes to the bridesmaids bouquets on the day of the event because the orchids were not holding up they way she would have liked. She was kind enough to both call and text me to let me know of the changes so we weren't surprised or upset when we saw the bouquets....but the changes she made were wonderful and we definitely were not disappointed. Thank you girls for making my daughter's wedding day so special. If you're looking for something creative and out of the ordinary, I would highly recommended A Moment In Time to anyway needing flowers for an event or wedding....and they're very reasonably priced too! What more could you ask for?

shelley · Married on 09/28/2013

Jen, Kendall, and the entire AMIT team were absolutely mind-blowing with their services. Whatever package you pick will be an outstanding value. They understood our vision from the get-go, were always there for us, and executed every single aspect of our wedding to perfection. I always said it felt like I went to the spa after our meetings - completely at ease and relaxed about our event. They are all professional, lovely, and every single wedding vendor out there adores them. I can't imagine how our day would have gone without them - we felt like guests at our own wedding with not a single thing to do but enjoy ourselves.

They also did our florals and we were all just in awe. My bouquet was not only prettier and more perfect than I could have even imagined but it smelled heavenly - and it was the same with every single floral arrangement, bouquet, and boutonniere at our event - all to die for gorgeous and super fresh!

Every single person in attendance said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to and I know it's all because of Jen, Kendall, and the team. If I had one piece of advice for every single bride out there, it's to pick A Moment In Time for your big day.

Rose · Married on 09/14/2013

5 stars on everything!! A huge thank you to Jen House and her superb staff at A Moment In Time! I cannot recommend them enough. Our wedding day was perfect from beginning to end and would not have been possible without them. We went for the full coordination package and it was more than worth it. Besides the "Jen House discount" we received from her vendors, they were all fantastic and excellent at their jobs. I live in Scottsdale AZ and did not meet a single one in person, but they were all perfect thanks to Jen House and A Moment In Time. We also used Jen's floral design services and they were FABULOUS! I cannot recommend this woman and her business enough. Our day was smooth and seamless, romantic and special. IMO, it was the best money spent of our $30k-ish budget. Our day was perfect in every way....PRICELESS!

All of our guests said it was gorgeous and so much fun, best wedding they have ever been to. Thanks again Jen, to you and your staff, for making our wedding so fantastic :)

Mary · Married on 09/13/2013

Jen, Kendall, and their team were amazing. Our wedding was flawless because of the outstanding job AMIT did with our florals and day of coordinating. Professional, creative, and knew exactly what look I was envisioning at my reception and they made it happen. Hands down the best decision I made while planning my wedding. I would recommend them to any bride looking for a perfect wedding day.

Beatrice · Married on 08/18/2013

I started off as an out of town bride and called Jen about a week after getting engaged. During our first phone meeting, she was so personable, a great listener and I could tell that she was extremely talented and experienced. I couldn't believe how affordable her services were and was so thrilled that I could have her! I knew that she would be the one to bring my dreams to life and that I was in great hands with her and her team. When my wedding dress strap broke the moment I walked into the church, Kendall & Melissa were there, calming me down, reassuring me all would be fine and sewed my dress back up! The attention to detail, the level of organization and communication was out of this world. Jen, Kendall & Melissa went above and beyond to make my wedding perfect. I found it to be a no brainer to use AMIT for floral and I'm so glad I did! Like many brides, I had an obsession with peonies but they were out of season for my wedding date. Jen and the girls worked so hard to find flowers and put them together in such a way that it would look and feel as if I had peonies! my flowers were big and full and totally gorgeous!! Their long list of fabulous referrals made us confident in the vendors we were using and they all turned out to be fabulous as well. Jen surrounds herself with only the best because that's what she feels her clients deserve. Everywhere we went, everyone knew who Jen was and all assured me that I'm good hands (which I obviously already knew!) but it showed me that Jen has a great reputation with the vendors that she works with and that was very important to me. I can say without a doubt that I couldn't have done it without AMIT and it was the best decision I made, aside from choosing my groom!

• F

Farrah · Married on 08/04/2013

A Moment in Time were simply incredible! I wish I had decided to hire a wedding planner earlier so I could have used more of them! They were SOOO helpful and took such a load off up to the wedding day and the day of... I used to be a skeptic about the whole hiring a wedding planner, I thought it's a waste of money and it won't be so hard to do myself, boy was I wrong! Thanks Jennifer and Team!

Alexandra · Married on 08/03/2013

After searching The Knot, i contacted a variety of wedding coordinators in MI - including Jen House, A Moment in Time, which had won tons of "best of" awards. When my phone meeting with Jen House rolled around I was so grateful to speak to someone real. Jen understood my vision from right from the very first call. She is creative and bright, friendly and always so professional and sweet. I've never worked with anyone like her. She went the extra mile to make my visions come to life, but she was also willing to rein me in when I asked for something outside of the budget or something that quite frankly wouldn't have been possible unless you are a magician :) Her team is just as fun to be around and made the process so easy. Whether they were helping to answer what seemed like thousands of questions via email or sending me detailed notes of our meetings after we met, they made planning seem effortless and I know for a fact that planning my wedding was not effortless at all. It took a lot of work and it was done with a smile.When our wedding day rolled around, I was calm and relaxed. Jen kept me up to date on progress but only small reassurances here and there which i appreciated. She takes the time to understand you, which is how I knew everything would be wonderful. When I first saw the venue all set up and filled with the gorgeous flowers she arranged herself, I cried. It was more than I could have dreamed of. Truly a labor of love. This is Jen's passion and she's really, really, really good at it. I feel so blessed to have had Jen's help - her experience, knowledge and passion for making a bride's dream come to reality are second to none. At the end of the day I had my dream wedding and I gained a good friend in Jen, too. I can never thank her enough for the incredible work she did. If you're looking for someone incredibly talented who has your back at every question, phone call and decision, look no further. She's it.

I should preface this review with saying that I am probably one the pickiest & finickiest brides out there. I was the bride that had a certain vision in mind, & had a very hard time deviating from that. That being said, I was also the bride that had dreamed of her wedding say since the age of three, & that Jen House & Kendall Goddard from A Moment In Time, became my Fairy God Mothers of our wedding.

Deciding to work with Jen & Kendall was by far THE BEST decision we made throughout our entire planning process. My husband & I are both very Type A, & we need someone who would listen to our wishes, make an educated decision for what would fit us the best, & lead us in the right direction. We received far more than that. We received a FUN year of planning & GORGEOUS MEMORIES. Jen & Kendall are not just wedding coordinators; they are absolute genius’ at what they do.

From beginning to end Jen & Kendall didn’t just send us to their, “friends in the industry.” They learned our personalities, our likes & dislikes, and sent us to vendors that they knew would be the perfect fit for us. Everything from the cake to the band was beyond perfect. Planning a wedding can be SO OVERWHELMING, but when you have two pros like these two, they take away the anxiety, and fill it with excitement. These two women know this industry inside and out.

To sum it, our day wouldn’t have been nearly as incredible as it was without AMIT. This team is prompt, professional, friendly, thoughtful and simply the best. These girls paid for themselves tenfold, with just the savings we had in vendor referrals. Every single penny wwe spent with them was worth it. We would hire them again in a heartbeat. AMIT were not just our wedding planners, but they professionally became our friends, & we will miss them. They cared about us, our happiness & making our dreams come true. And they didn’t do that. They made our dreams even better than we could've ever imagined.

Lacey · Married on 06/15/2013

Jen and her staff at A Moment in Time made my wedding more beautiful than I could have dreamed. My flowers were gorgeous, all of my vendors were fabulous thanks to Jen and the day of was flawless. I could not be happier with my choice to use A Moment in Time.

Janine · Married on 06/15/2013

I had the BEST experience with the A Moment In Time team, especially my leader Kendall. I used A Moment in Time for day of coordination for my wedding since I had done most of the planning myself, but it felt like they were helping me during the last couple of months leading up to my wedding and keeping me on track! During my wedding day, Kendall and her team took care of all the logistical aspects of the wedding. They even contacted all my vendors to make sure they were on time and confirmed their commitments. They even called my limo company to get the name and phone number of the driver and texted it to all of the important people! They set up a surprise for us planned by our parents and siblings in the bridal room during our ceremony that was perfect!! They took care of my specialty items and did a wonderful job setting them up and collecting them. They took care of our envelopes and gifts. They set up our place cards and helped our guests with seating. They collected all the table numbers at the end of the night. They confirmed the number of guests that actually sat down and ate dinner and saved us over $1000 in over-charges! They made sure all our vendors were taken care of - payment wise and with their meals. If there was a problem that arose - I didn't know about it - it was taken care of and I am forever grateful for that because all I wanted to do the day of my wedding was just be, have fun, celebrate, and not to plan or solve problems - just go with the flow and A Moment in Time made that possible. I was so relaxed and had such a wonderful time at my wedding and I would HIGHLY recommend having these ladies help you make your wedding as stress free and relaxing as possible.

Mildred · Married on 05/17/2013

The best of the bests in town!!!!! posted 6/4/2013
    I am so glad that we made the right decision to hire a wedding coordinator of the day. AMIT was the first vendor we booked for our wedding and I didnt get disapointed with them. Jen House warmly welcomed me and my husband and developed a very nice relationship with them during the wedding planning. We couldn't ask for more.. Our guests were complimenting us on how organized and beautiful our wedding was. They also did our wedding flowers and we are very satisfied with the outcome. Love love love our flowers...They did a fantastic job on our floral designs. The prices were very reasonable too for the majestic service that we got. We will always thank AMIT for the wonderful help they did during our wedding. We love them!!!

Gina · Married on 05/11/2013

Jen and her team were fabulous! Very professional and our flowers could not have been more gorgeous! Jen was such a great person to work with; very prompt with responses and gave us some amazing floral ideas while keeping our budget in mind. I wish I could have used her as a planner as well, but had to stick with my budget. Highly recommend AMIT for flowers AND coordination!

Sonja · Married on 05/05/2013

Jen and her team coordinated a graduation party for me, and it was awesome! She was super creative and helped me make my Maize and Blue idea a reality! Always when you're planning an event, there's bound to be a couple of snags, but Jen and her team just rolled with it, and the day went off without a hitch! Kendall and Caroline were awesome on the actual day! They had the room looking amazing, and checked in to make sure all was well! And my guests couldn't stop talking about how great everything looked!!!

All in all, Jen, Caroline and Kendall did a FANTASTIC job, and I couldn't have asked for a better party! If you have an event in South East Lower Michigan and you don't have AMIT working with you, what in the world are you waiting for????

Nicole · Married on 12/15/2012

We loved having Jen and all of her wonderful team for our wedding day at The Royal Park Hotel. My wedding turned out even more beautiful than I imagined and I still have people complimenting me on it almost 9 months later! She made my day stress free and don't know how I would have kept everything organized, scheduled and ready for my day if it hadn't been for her. Even when I had a *hiccup* with my dress, prior to the wedding she was there too help me take care of the problem!!! You will not regret having A Moment In Time help you with your wedding!