50 High Street, Lyme, NH 03768 Map · Phone number

About World Cup(cakes)

We are a small, home-based bakery in Lyme, NH (near Hanover). We can make custom cupcakes for any occasion in quantities from one dozen and up.

img1263
img1261
img1262
img1263
World Cup(cakes)

1 Reviews for World Cup(cakes)

Laura · Married on 06/08/2013

We hired the awesome family team at World Cup(cakes) to provide both pies and cupcakes for our wedding this summer. We had a weekend-long bash and served pies on Friday night and cupcakes on Saturday night.

They were professional right from the start - giving us a list of options, providing their own feedback and the feedback of customers regarding favorite flavors, and scheduling a tasting for us to come by and experience what they had to offer.

Although they had never done pies before, they eagerly took on the challenge and exceeded our hopes for pecan and berry pies. Our guests raved and raved about how delicious these pies were, and we were pleased also because they were highly affordable. The best thing about the pecan pie is that it was not too sweet - the pleasant, sweet nutty flavor of pecans was not overwhelmed by sugar. Also, while I am not a baker, my aunties all are, and they said that the crust was absolutely perfect (which I understand is difficult in the world of pie making). An extra kudos to the baking team at World Cup(cakes) - I know that they were up until 3 am preparing these, but nothing felt rushed. They were all immaculately beautiful.

This also goes for the cupcakes - I think they offer about 20 flavors, but of course my husband and I wanted a flavor that was not listed - lavender lemon. World Cup(cakes) also took on this challenge and made a lovely cupcake complete with a lavender shortbread cookie atop. We also had chocolate malt, french toast, and coconut lime. The chocolate malt was decorated with a malted milk ball and a mini straw and the coconut lime had a cream inside that was out of this world. Our guests also raved about these - in fact, a few guests (seeing a few cupcakes left over) hoarded them to eat after the reception was over. We ordered two cupcakes per guest, and not one was left over.

Sent on 09/05/2013