96 Hayes Rd., Madbury, NH 03823 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About My Friend's Bakery

My Friend’s Bakery is a custom cake and dessert studio in Madbury, New Hampshire. My Friend’s is fully licensed and was opened in 2008 by Lara Vanasco, a pastry chef with a degree from Johnson & Wales University. Every couple is proudly treated like a friend, getting the personal attention and time they deserve.

My Friend’s Bakery creates custom designed wedding cakes (made with frosting or buttercream) to fit the couples’ ideas, desires, and tastes. The staff offers delivery and setup for events and is happy to provide consultations and private tastings in advance so you can be sure you’re all on the same page (and that you love what you’re going to get)! In addition to cakes, My Friend’s Bakery can also bake brownies, cookies, cupcakes, fruit pies, groom’s cakes, turnovers, and whoopie pies, as well as supply a dessert buffet — perfect for couples who can’t settle on just one sweet treat.

sjv8462

My Friend's Bakery 6
My Friend's Bakery 7

Kelsey Hoffman · Married on 08/10/2019

Best Wedding Desserts Ever

Lara is awesome! We didn't want a traditional wedding cake and were looking for something personal to our and our families' tastes. We decided we wanted a bunch of smaller differing desserts, something that our guests could take home as favors. Lara absolutely knocked this out of the park! She encouraged us to be ourselves and pick the desserts we like best. We went with two different kinds of cookies, brownies, two kinds of mini pies, and cider doughnuts. Everything was delicious and amazingly fresh and flew off the dessert table. We're from RI and would seriously consider paying Lara another visit just to grab more desserts for parties at home. We'd absolutely recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Mandie

Mandie · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious and Beautiful

I know many great bakeries around that would be able to do my wedding cake, but I chose My Friend's Bakery. The reason was because she uses Italian meringue buttercream, which is what I prefer. Also, cake tasting was free. I personally am a professional pastry chef, so I was doubting Lara at first. I came in for the tasting with my mother-in-law, who at the time just came from Indonesia, so her palate was still Indonesian palate (most of my guests were Indonesians). We both liked the cake so much. It was very moist and delicious. The buttercream was what I was looking for, so we decided to go with it. On the day of my reception, I could ask for a better cake! All of my guests loved it! The cake was beautiful, better than what I envisioned. I will definitely order another cake from Lara. Highly recommended!

Sent on 11/20/2018

My Friend's Bakery FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.25
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 5.00
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • What services do your prices include? Consultation
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Dessert Buffet, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What cake items do you provide? Cake Stands
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Nut Free, Vegan
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Yes

• Janet Moriarty JP
    Janet Moriarty JP Wedding Officiants

Lara's cakes are artfully decorated and delicious as well. Her designs are personally executed to reflect the customers wishes.

• 96 Hayes Rd. Madbury, NH, 03823 See on map