26 Reviews for My Friend's Bakery

Cupcakes (2)
Cake Stands (1)
Lactose Free (1)
25 My Friend's Bakery Reviews

Lara did an awesome job setting up our dessert table for our wedding on 09/01. Everything looked amazing, and even more importantly, was mouthwatering. I wish I could have eaten more on the day of the wedding, but I tried most of each dessert, and my husband and I mowed on the cake and cupcakes the day after. We had a small wedding cake, and a bunch of cute little mini desserts. The best in thing in the world was the mini carrot cake cupcakes. We also had chocolate chip cookies, blondies, mini pies, cider doughnuts, mini cheesecakes. Lara was extremely responsive, and setting up a tasting was easy. The service was very affordable, and she was very up front about the cost, your budget, and the look you're going for. At the tasting, she provided a portfolio of dessert tables, or cakes she has done in the past, which was great to see as well. Highly recommend. Thanks Lara!

Profile Picture Rebecka, 9/1/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Dessert Buffet

I used Lara for my 8/4/18 at Hamilton House Gardens in South Berwick, ME and she was fantastic! She provided five different baked goods for our wedding dessert buffet table, and each one was delicious! Guests raved about all of them! Her prices are very reasonable, and she is extremely easy to work with. She let us borrow the platters for the wedding as well that she arranged all the desserts on. I highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Grace, 8/4/18, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Dessert Buffet, Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

A fantastic wedding dessert venue! A very professional interaction from the start. We gave a very rough "idea" of what we wanted and they simply made it happen. We decided on a sampler table with a Maine theme... the desserts were fantastic. They were super easy to work with, accomodating, and reasonably priced. Everything was perfect, a great wedding dessert venue.

Profile Picture Anne, 6/30/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Working with My Friends' Bakery was a breeze; from tasting to the selection of desserts, and to the wonderful taste of the pastries!! We had a dessert buffet and could not be happier with how well it turned out and our guests loved it! Highly recommend My Friends' Bakery!!

Profile Picture Allison, 10/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We did mini cupcakes, mini whoopies, cider donuts and everything was amazing! From presentation to the taste. Highly recommend.

Profile Picture Sarah, 10/8/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We are so thrilled we used My Friends Bakery for our October wedding! :) Lara was very friendly and easy to work with from day one. We were able to come up with a design we loved after the first meeting. All the flavors we tried were so delicious we ended up getting 5 different flavors!! Lara delivered my cake and cupcakes and even set our dessert table up for us. We had 160 people at the wedding and the prices she gave were UNBEATABLE for that number of guests.
I would highly recommend her to everyone I know and anyone I don't.

Profile Picture Heather, 10/8/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

They were amazing!! Everything was delicious. We have order birthday cakes since our wedding because she did such a great job.

Profile Picture Erin, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We had such a great experience with My Friend's Bakery. We had a September wedding at Steele Hill Resort and decided to do a dessert table. We had small cake, apple crisp bites (to die for), different kinds of whoopee pies (amazing), and apple cider donuts. Everything was delicious! It was nice for our guests to grab a bite and keep on dancing! :) They staged everything on crates and the table looked awesome! The desserts were delicious and very reasonably priced! I would definitely recommend My Friends Bakery to everyone! :)

Photo for My Friend's Bakery Review - Add a comment...
Photo for My Friend's Bakery Review - Add a comment...
Profile Picture Melissa, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

The owner was very thorough during our appointment with us to get the exact thing we wanted all figured out. It was hard to choose which exact cake to use as all her samples were delicious.

Profile Picture Laura, 9/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We had an amazing experience with My Friends Bakery! Laura was so accommodating and created the perfect cake and dessert variety for our wedding! Everything was perfect and exactly as we wanted.

Profile Picture Ellen-Claire, 9/17/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding was on September 2, 2017. Lara is wonderful! I had sent picture samples of how we wanted the cake to be and she did it to the T! The cake was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and everyone loved the it! So delicious. The buttercream frosting is the best! Thank you Lara for everything! :)

Profile Picture Crystal, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

I was so impressed from the tasting to the wedding leftovers! My sister said it was the best cake she ever ate. Our cake buffet was absolutely beautiful, I was blown away when I saw it set up at our wedding. It was so simple, yet elegant. All of our guests commented on how delicious the cake and cupcakes were, and the loved the variety the cake buffet offered. A few people told me they had five slices just to try it all! I am already looking forward to our anniversary cake that is in the freezer, and I will find another reason in the near future to order more cakes from My Friends Bakery.

Profile Picture Grace, 8/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Lara was great to work with and the finished product was just beautiful.

Profile Picture Sherry, 8/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lara is fantastic. Everything she's makes is delicious. I have asked her to make a lot of sweet things in the past, and everything is delicious. Fantastic service as well.

Profile Picture Sean, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Have used My Friend's Bakery for a few things now: birthday cake, bridal shower, and wedding. Amazing service and very accommodating. Listened to what we wanted and everything was beautifully done and delicious. Great attention to detail and lovely to work with!

Profile Picture Leah, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Lara was wonderful to work with! She was accommodating and provided great service. Everyone raved about our cake and how amazing it tasted. We got a two tier wedding cake and offered dessert platters to our guests - mini whoopie pies, brownies, cookies, tarts, mini cupcakes. With so many options and combinations you may have a hard time choosing. A big thank you to My Friend's Bakery!

Profile Picture Darika, 7/22/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Everything went perfect and if we will definitely be back to you! We also have recommended you to a few of our friends and family as well! Thank you so much again!

Profile Picture Sheryl, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I searched and searched for a baker who was fairly priced and could give me what I wanted for the cake. Lara was so helpful and gave me EXACTLY what I wanted! The cake was fantastic and all my guest were raving about it! We choose a light weight almond cake with raspberry filling and a butter cream meringue Frosting. I wanted a "naked cake" so no frosting on the out side just in the layers and she NAILED it!! I'd highly recommend her to anyone!

Profile Picture Vanessa, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I highly recommend Lara as a wedding baker! She provided four different baked goods for our wedding dessert buffet table, and it was phenomenal! She also made our beautiful 8” wedding cake for my husband and I to cut. The filling in the cake was coconut pecan and it was so unique and yummy. The four desserts we got were chocolate cream pies (my favorite!), seasonal fruit tarts, cheesecake bites with raspberry, and peanut butter filled whoopie pies (our guests’ favorite and a must-have for any dessert buffet). Her prices are very affordable and the tasting was fancy and delicious. She let us borrow the beautiful platters for the wedding as well that she arranged all the desserts on. Choose Lara for your bakery needs and you will be so happy you did!!

Profile Picture Sandra, 6/23/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Dessert Buffet

We had such a great experience with Lara! She was super flexible with our changes to our menu, very responsive, and of course everything was so yummy! The display she set up was gorgeous, and we got so many compliments from our guests about the taste and the overall appearance of our mini cupcakes and cake!! We would highly recommend her to anybody!

Profile Picture Meghan, 6/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Our cake was both gorgeous and delicious, highly recommend!

Profile Picture User7909227, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

She was amazing and the cupcakes were the hit of the wedding! And the prices are fantastic for what you get! I will definitely recommend her to anyone who asks.

Profile Picture Brittani, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cupcakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

While looking for a cake, our first baker we scheduled a tasting with stood us up. We were a bit disheartened and nervous when we meat with Lara. Immediately she eased our fears. The samples were DELICIOUS.

My hubby isn't the kind to be too involved in the wedding planning but as soon as he tasted her carrot cake, he immediately decided that's the one! lol I had to agree it was amazing and the reviews from our wedding guests were endless. I already have five people asking for her contact information for their own parties!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Profile Picture joy, 9/15/12, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Very nice and professional, willing to work with you, beautiful cake and cupcakes!

Profile Picture Kayla, 11/11/17, 1 Review