My Friend's Bakery Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

• Kelly
    Kelly O. Married on 03/19/2022

Beautiful and delicious!

Lara did an amazing job creating a dessert table for our wedding. Everything was delicious and our guests were so happy with the variety of yummy treats! She was so easy to work with and we would highly recommend her! We'll definitely be back for more treats for future events! Thank you Lara!
    Mandy Married on 09/25/2021

Affordable and delicious!

We had such a wonderful experience with Lara! She was very easy to work with and made the most delicious cake and mini cupcakes for our big day! She delivered 6 different cupcake combinations and they were all to die for! Thank you thank you!!
  • Katherine
    Katherine H. Married on 07/24/2021

Best Wedding Cake!

I had initially really wanted a Jacques wedding cake, but after looking into their pricing and tasting their sampler box, we were not impressed. I found Lara through a friend's recommendation. She is so amazing! She sketched our cake design for us, it was unlike anything she had made before. I wish I could include a picture to show you how beautiful it was! Not only was it beautiful, it was delicious! We had three flavors in four tiers, and every single flavor was moist and light and full of flavor! Plus, her beautiful cake was half the price of what Jacques charges, for a more delicious cake! I can't recommend Lara enough, she does amazing work!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Auderien
    Auderien Married on 06/12/2021

Delicious Cake!

Cake was honestly not our biggest priority during wedding planning, but we ended up looking forward to having our wedding cake after we had our tasting with Lara! We got a 6-inch cutting cake with sheet cakes for our guests. We chose the chocolate cake with cream cheese filling and vanilla buttercream frosting. We appreciate how the cake and frosting wasn't too sweet. At the end of the night, our guests expressed that they loved the cake and some even went back for seconds! As we received RSVPs, the guest list ended up being smaller than initially planned and Lara was able to accommodate a smaller order. We really enjoyed working with Lara and would highly recommend My Friend's Bakery!
  • Jacquelyn
    Jacquelyn D. Married on 06/05/2021

Amazing Cakes!!

Lara made the most incredible cake for us! She provided us with samples of what we wanted to try during the tasting. Our guests raved about how delicious the cake was at wedding. It looked AMAZING. She answered each question I had that came up and helped me understand the process. I can't recommend this bakery enough!

My Friend's Bakery's reply:

Thank you Jacquelyn for your kind review! I am so glad that you and your guests enjoyed the cake. Best wishes to you and Aron!
  • Gene and Kira
    Kira Married on 06/20/2020

Just what we wanted

We knew we were booking Lara for our cake as soon as we met her for our tasting. She is so easy to work with and made our cake exactly the way we wanted it, to go with our white and gold theme. The flavors are incredible, and the cake itself looked stunning. Look no further- highly recommend!
  • Emily
    Emily S. Married on 04/28/2020

Great Cakes!

My Friend's Bakery made two delicious cakes for our wedding. We wanted a layer of a completely custom coconut cake and a Black Forest groom's cake and this bakery rose to the occasion. Both cakes were absolutely fabulous and some of the best cake I've ever had at a wedding before. The frosting wasn't too sweet and the cake was nice and moist. Not to mention, the cakes were beautiful! Would definitely recommend.
    Stacey Married on 10/19/2019

LOVED the desserts!!!

Lara is amazing. She was professional, helped guide our choices for our wedding day dessert bar and made each item incredible. We had a small carrot cake for cutting that was beautifully decorated, apple cider donuts as favors, and our dessert bar had carrot cake and chocolate cupcakes, pumpkin whoopie pies with cream cheese filling, mini cheesecakes, pecan tassies, and an oatmeal white chocolate cranberry cookie. Each was SO delicious and she even set aside a box for us to enjoy after the wedding. Couldn’t recommend enough, thanks Lara!
    Laura T. Married on 09/28/2019

Beautiful Wedding Cake

We had a great experience with Lara and she met our needs for what our vision of our cake would be for our wedding! Most importantly it tasted so delicious and our guests commented on loving the raspberry filling.
    Elizabeth Married on 09/21/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Amazing Bakery for Wedding Cake & Desserts!

Lara was amazing to work with for our wedding cake & dessert! We wanted to do a full dessert bar for our wedding along with a cake. When we went for our consult she had wonderful ideas and suggestions. Not to mention everything she bakes is DELICIOUS. Our guests raved about the desserts - especially the mini pumpkin whoopie pies! She was very responsive, reasonably priced and executed our dessert bar vision perfectly. Cannot recommend her enough!!
  • Stacey
    Stacey C. Married on 09/13/2019

So beautiful and delicious

Oh my goodness!! Lara at my friends bakery is amazing! She is so friendly, very professional, and clearly talented. From our tasting, to the big day, she was a pleasure to work with. First of all, we received multiple compliments on the design and taste of the cake. People who don’t even like cake were complimenting it. Lara guided our decision marking and allowed us to have 3 different flavors for our 3 tier cake. The cake was delivered on time, and in perfect condition. We cannot wait to break into our cake again on our one year anniversary. I would recommend Lara to anyone and everyone!
    Kelsey H. Married on 08/10/2019

Best Wedding Desserts Ever

Lara is awesome! We didn't want a traditional wedding cake and were looking for something personal to our and our families' tastes. We decided we wanted a bunch of smaller differing desserts, something that our guests could take home as favors. Lara absolutely knocked this out of the park! She encouraged us to be ourselves and pick the desserts we like best. We went with two different kinds of cookies, brownies, two kinds of mini pies, and cider doughnuts. Everything was delicious and amazingly fresh and flew off the dessert table. We're from RI and would seriously consider paying Lara another visit just to grab more desserts for parties at home. We'd absolutely recommend her to anyone!
  • Mandie
    Mandie Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious and Beautiful

I know many great bakeries around that would be able to do my wedding cake, but I chose My Friend's Bakery. The reason was because she uses Italian meringue buttercream, which is what I prefer. Also, cake tasting was free. I personally am a professional pastry chef, so I was doubting Lara at first. I came in for the tasting with my mother-in-law, who at the time just came from Indonesia, so her palate was still Indonesian palate (most of my guests were Indonesians). We both liked the cake so much. It was very moist and delicious. The buttercream was what I was looking for, so we decided to go with it. On the day of my reception, I could ask for a better cake! All of my guests loved it! The cake was beautiful, better than what I envisioned. I will definitely order another cake from Lara. Highly recommended!
  • Sarah
    Sarah Married on 09/02/2018

Best desserts ever!!

If you are looking for a cake designer who will surpass your every expectation, please look no further! Lara was an absolute pleasure to work with!! I wish I had another event coming up just so I could hire her again!!
    When we first met with Lara, we had very specific ideas in mind. We went in thinking we only wanted a dessert bar but when we saw and tasted her amazing cakes we instantly changed our minds. Our 3 tier birch cake was literally the best looking and most delicious wedding cake I have ever had. We also had a dessert bar that consisted of 5 different (all equally delicious) mini treats. We had cream puffs, chocolate cream pies, apple cider donuts, blueberry and lemon curd tarts, and cheesecake bites.
    Not only is Lara amazing at making desserts but she is also amazing at responding in a very timely manor. I was a very indecisive bride went back and forth on what I wanted and emailed Lara several times. Each time she responded very quickly and told me I had up until 2 weeks before the wedding to make my final decision. That right there was a main reason why she is a brides dream vendor. I have no complaints about My Friends Bakery and I HIGHLY recommend Lara.
    Rebecka Married on 09/01/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Lara did an awesome job setting up our dessert table for our wedding on 09/01. Everything looked amazing, and even more importantly, was mouthwatering. I wish I could have eaten more on the day of the wedding, but I tried most of each dessert, and my husband and I mowed on the cake and cupcakes the day after. We had a small wedding cake, and a bunch of cute little mini desserts. The best in thing in the world was the mini carrot cake cupcakes. We also had chocolate chip cookies, blondies, mini pies, cider doughnuts, mini cheesecakes. Lara was extremely responsive, and setting up a tasting was easy. The service was very affordable, and she was very up front about the cost, your budget, and the look you're going for. At the tasting, she provided a portfolio of dessert tables, or cakes she has done in the past, which was great to see as well. Highly recommend. Thanks Lara!
    Grace Married on 08/04/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I used Lara for my 8/4/18 at Hamilton House Gardens in South Berwick, ME and she was fantastic! She provided five different baked goods for our wedding dessert buffet table, and each one was delicious! Guests raved about all of them! Her prices are very reasonable, and she is extremely easy to work with. She let us borrow the platters for the wedding as well that she arranged all the desserts on. I highly recommend her!
  • Mary
    Mary Married on 07/21/2018

Dessert Bar was a HIT!

Lara was fantastic from start to finish. She was super easy to work with! We did a dessert bar with a small cake for cutting. All our guests raved about our dessert selection. We also did mini cider doughnuts for our favors and the price was right. She also provided us with various decor to display the desserts. I would highly recommend My Friend's Bakery.
    Carrie Married on 07/07/2018

Carrie (Bride)

Lara was a pleasure to work with! Very quick to respond to all of my inquiries and made the whole dessert bar process seamless. Our guests raved about our desserts! We ended up going with mini red velvet cupcakes, mini whoopie pies (original + peanut butter), cider donuts, and a simple single layer cake for my husband and I to cut into. Planning a wedding from 3,000 miles away isn't easy but Lara was a dream to work with! We also rented cake stands from her- she had plenty to choose from and they went along great with our wedding decor.
    Anne Married on 06/30/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    A fantastic wedding dessert venue! A very professional interaction from the start. We gave a very rough "idea" of what we wanted and they simply made it happen. We decided on a sampler table with a Maine theme... the desserts were fantastic. They were super easy to work with, accomodating, and reasonably priced. Everything was perfect, a great wedding dessert venue.
    Jessica Married on 06/02/2018

Wedding Mini Cupcakes and Cutting Cake

We decided to go with My Friend's Bakery for our Wedding at Steele Hill Resort on June 2, 2018 and it was the best decision!! Lara was amazing and her cupcakes and cake were SO DELICIOUS! Our friends and family continue to rave about how amazing all the flavors of cupcakes and frosting combinations were. We even had a gluten free/vegan chocolate cupcake with vegan vanilla frosting and it was one of our favorite combinations and allowed our friends and family with dietary restrictions to get in on the cake. Lara even delivered and set up the cupcakes in a display that was so beautiful using some wood crates that we provided. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to her homestead bakery where she let us try multiple types of cake flavors and both Italian meringue buttercream and traditional buttercream flavors. Do yourself a favor, go for a tasting, meet Lara, and definitely try the peanut butter buttercream, it is AMAZING! We did our best to make our cutting cake last until our 1 year anniversary and it held up well. We can't wait to go back and get another cake or cupcakes from Lara for a future event! She is responsive, professional, the price is affordable, the cakes are moist, frostings are divine, and you really can't go wrong choosing her for your wedding or important event.
    ***The cupcakes were so good that our photographer didn't get a chance to get a picture of the full display before guests started eating them, so don't mind the partially full crates! They were too good to wait for dessert!
    Allison Married on 10/09/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Working with My Friends' Bakery was a breeze; from tasting to the selection of desserts, and to the wonderful taste of the pastries!! We had a dessert buffet and could not be happier with how well it turned out and our guests loved it! Highly recommend My Friends' Bakery!!
    Heather Married on 10/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We are so thrilled we used My Friends Bakery for our October wedding! :) Lara was very friendly and easy to work with from day one. We were able to come up with a design we loved after the first meeting. All the flavors we tried were so delicious we ended up getting 5 different flavors!! Lara delivered my cake and cupcakes and even set our dessert table up for us. We had 160 people at the wedding and the prices she gave were UNBEATABLE for that number of guests.
    I would highly recommend her to everyone I know and anyone I don't.
    Sarah Married on 10/08/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We did mini cupcakes, mini whoopies, cider donuts and everything was amazing! From presentation to the taste. Highly recommend.
    Erin Married on 10/01/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    They were amazing!! Everything was delicious. We have order birthday cakes since our wedding because she did such a great job.
    Melissa Married on 09/23/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    We had such a great experience with My Friend's Bakery. We had a September wedding at Steele Hill Resort and decided to do a dessert table. We had small cake, apple crisp bites (to die for), different kinds of whoopee pies (amazing), and apple cider donuts. Everything was delicious! It was nice for our guests to grab a bite and keep on dancing! :) They staged everything on crates and the table looked awesome! The desserts were delicious and very reasonably priced! I would definitely recommend My Friends Bakery to everyone! :)
illustration stars