My Friend's Bakery Reviews

My Friend's Bakery 7
  • Mandie

Mandie · Married on 11/03/2018

Delicious and Beautiful

I know many great bakeries around that would be able to do my wedding cake, but I chose My Friend's Bakery. The reason was because she uses Italian meringue buttercream, which is what I prefer. Also, cake tasting was free. I personally am a professional pastry chef, so I was doubting Lara at first. I came in for the tasting with my mother-in-law, who at the time just came from Indonesia, so her palate was still Indonesian palate (most of my guests were Indonesians). We both liked the cake so much. It was very moist and delicious. The buttercream was what I was looking for, so we decided to go with it. On the day of my reception, I could ask for a better cake! All of my guests loved it! The cake was beautiful, better than what I envisioned. I will definitely order another cake from Lara. Highly recommended!

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/02/2018

Best desserts ever!!

If you are looking for a cake designer who will surpass your every expectation, please look no further! Lara was an absolute pleasure to work with!! I wish I had another event coming up just so I could hire her again!!
    When we first met with Lara, we had very specific ideas in mind. We went in thinking we only wanted a dessert bar but when we saw and tasted her amazing cakes we instantly changed our minds. Our 3 tier birch cake was literally the best looking and most delicious wedding cake I have ever had. We also had a dessert bar that consisted of 5 different (all equally delicious) mini treats. We had cream puffs, chocolate cream pies, apple cider donuts, blueberry and lemon curd tarts, and cheesecake bites.
    Not only is Lara amazing at making desserts but she is also amazing at responding in a very timely manor. I was a very indecisive bride went back and forth on what I wanted and emailed Lara several times. Each time she responded very quickly and told me I had up until 2 weeks before the wedding to make my final decision. That right there was a main reason why she is a brides dream vendor. I have no complaints about My Friends Bakery and I HIGHLY recommend Lara.

Rebecka · Married on 09/01/2018

Lara did an awesome job setting up our dessert table for our wedding on 09/01. Everything looked amazing, and even more importantly, was mouthwatering. I wish I could have eaten more on the day of the wedding, but I tried most of each dessert, and my husband and I mowed on the cake and cupcakes the day after. We had a small wedding cake, and a bunch of cute little mini desserts. The best in thing in the world was the mini carrot cake cupcakes. We also had chocolate chip cookies, blondies, mini pies, cider doughnuts, mini cheesecakes. Lara was extremely responsive, and setting up a tasting was easy. The service was very affordable, and she was very up front about the cost, your budget, and the look you're going for. At the tasting, she provided a portfolio of dessert tables, or cakes she has done in the past, which was great to see as well. Highly recommend. Thanks Lara!

Grace · Married on 08/04/2018

I used Lara for my 8/4/18 at Hamilton House Gardens in South Berwick, ME and she was fantastic! She provided five different baked goods for our wedding dessert buffet table, and each one was delicious! Guests raved about all of them! Her prices are very reasonable, and she is extremely easy to work with. She let us borrow the platters for the wedding as well that she arranged all the desserts on. I highly recommend her!

• Mary

Mary · Married on 07/21/2018

Dessert Bar was a HIT!

Lara was fantastic from start to finish. She was super easy to work with! We did a dessert bar with a small cake for cutting. All our guests raved about our dessert selection. We also did mini cider doughnuts for our favors and the price was right. She also provided us with various decor to display the desserts. I would highly recommend My Friend's Bakery.

Carrie · Married on 07/07/2018

Carrie (Bride)

Lara was a pleasure to work with! Very quick to respond to all of my inquiries and made the whole dessert bar process seamless. Our guests raved about our desserts! We ended up going with mini red velvet cupcakes, mini whoopie pies (original + peanut butter), cider donuts, and a simple single layer cake for my husband and I to cut into. Planning a wedding from 3,000 miles away isn't easy but Lara was a dream to work with! We also rented cake stands from her- she had plenty to choose from and they went along great with our wedding decor.

Anne · Married on 06/30/2018

A fantastic wedding dessert venue! A very professional interaction from the start. We gave a very rough "idea" of what we wanted and they simply made it happen. We decided on a sampler table with a Maine theme... the desserts were fantastic. They were super easy to work with, accomodating, and reasonably priced. Everything was perfect, a great wedding dessert venue.

Allison · Married on 10/09/2017

Working with My Friends' Bakery was a breeze; from tasting to the selection of desserts, and to the wonderful taste of the pastries!! We had a dessert buffet and could not be happier with how well it turned out and our guests loved it! Highly recommend My Friends' Bakery!!

My Friend's Bakery 8
    My Friend's Bakery 9
    My Friend's Bakery 10

Sarah · Married on 10/08/2017

We did mini cupcakes, mini whoopies, cider donuts and everything was amazing! From presentation to the taste. Highly recommend.

Heather · Married on 10/08/2017

We are so thrilled we used My Friends Bakery for our October wedding! :) Lara was very friendly and easy to work with from day one. We were able to come up with a design we loved after the first meeting. All the flavors we tried were so delicious we ended up getting 5 different flavors!! Lara delivered my cake and cupcakes and even set our dessert table up for us. We had 160 people at the wedding and the prices she gave were UNBEATABLE for that number of guests.
    I would highly recommend her to everyone I know and anyone I don't.

My Friend's Bakery 11
    My Friend's Bakery 12
    My Friend's Bakery 13

Erin · Married on 10/01/2017

They were amazing!! Everything was delicious. We have order birthday cakes since our wedding because she did such a great job.

Melissa · Married on 09/23/2017

We had such a great experience with My Friend's Bakery. We had a September wedding at Steele Hill Resort and decided to do a dessert table. We had small cake, apple crisp bites (to die for), different kinds of whoopee pies (amazing), and apple cider donuts. Everything was delicious! It was nice for our guests to grab a bite and keep on dancing! :) They staged everything on crates and the table looked awesome! The desserts were delicious and very reasonably priced! I would definitely recommend My Friends Bakery to everyone! :)

My Friend's Bakery 14
    My Friend's Bakery 15

Laura · Married on 09/23/2017

The owner was very thorough during our appointment with us to get the exact thing we wanted all figured out. It was hard to choose which exact cake to use as all her samples were delicious.

My Friend's Bakery 16

Ellen-Claire · Married on 09/17/2017

We had an amazing experience with My Friends Bakery! Laura was so accommodating and created the perfect cake and dessert variety for our wedding! Everything was perfect and exactly as we wanted.

• Crystal

Crystal · Married on 09/02/2017

Our wedding was on September 2, 2017. Lara is wonderful! I had sent picture samples of how we wanted the cake to be and she did it to the T! The cake was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and everyone loved the it! So delicious. The buttercream frosting is the best! Thank you Lara for everything! :)

Grace · Married on 08/18/2017

I was so impressed from the tasting to the wedding leftovers! My sister said it was the best cake she ever ate. Our cake buffet was absolutely beautiful, I was blown away when I saw it set up at our wedding. It was so simple, yet elegant. All of our guests commented on how delicious the cake and cupcakes were, and the loved the variety the cake buffet offered. A few people told me they had five slices just to try it all! I am already looking forward to our anniversary cake that is in the freezer, and I will find another reason in the near future to order more cakes from My Friends Bakery.

Sherry · Married on 08/06/2017

Lara was great to work with and the finished product was just beautiful.

Sean · Married on 08/05/2017

Lara is fantastic. Everything she's makes is delicious. I have asked her to make a lot of sweet things in the past, and everything is delicious. Fantastic service as well.

Leah · Married on 08/05/2017

Have used My Friend's Bakery for a few things now: birthday cake, bridal shower, and wedding. Amazing service and very accommodating. Listened to what we wanted and everything was beautifully done and delicious. Great attention to detail and lovely to work with!

Darika · Married on 07/22/2017

Lara was wonderful to work with! She was accommodating and provided great service. Everyone raved about our cake and how amazing it tasted. We got a two tier wedding cake and offered dessert platters to our guests - mini whoopie pies, brownies, cookies, tarts, mini cupcakes. With so many options and combinations you may have a hard time choosing. A big thank you to My Friend's Bakery!

Sheryl · Married on 07/15/2017

Everything went perfect and if we will definitely be back to you! We also have recommended you to a few of our friends and family as well! Thank you so much again!

Vanessa · Married on 07/01/2017

I searched and searched for a baker who was fairly priced and could give me what I wanted for the cake. Lara was so helpful and gave me EXACTLY what I wanted! The cake was fantastic and all my guest were raving about it! We choose a light weight almond cake with raspberry filling and a butter cream meringue Frosting. I wanted a "naked cake" so no frosting on the out side just in the layers and she NAILED it!! I'd highly recommend her to anyone!

Sandra · Married on 06/23/2017

I highly recommend Lara as a wedding baker! She provided four different baked goods for our wedding dessert buffet table, and it was phenomenal! She also made our beautiful 8” wedding cake for my husband and I to cut. The filling in the cake was coconut pecan and it was so unique and yummy. The four desserts we got were chocolate cream pies (my favorite!), seasonal fruit tarts, cheesecake bites with raspberry, and peanut butter filled whoopie pies (our guests’ favorite and a must-have for any dessert buffet). Her prices are very affordable and the tasting was fancy and delicious. She let us borrow the beautiful platters for the wedding as well that she arranged all the desserts on. Choose Lara for your bakery needs and you will be so happy you did!!

• Meghan

Meghan · Married on 06/03/2017

We had such a great experience with Lara! She was super flexible with our changes to our menu, very responsive, and of course everything was so yummy! The display she set up was gorgeous, and we got so many compliments from our guests about the taste and the overall appearance of our mini cupcakes and cake!! We would highly recommend her to anybody!