PO Box 238, Williamsburg, VA 23188 Map · Phone number

About Weddings Music and More

B. J. has been a fixture in the Williamsburg area entertaining countless tourists and locals with her musical talents for more than 20 years at such recognizable locations as The Williamsburg Inn, The Williamsburg Lodge, The Hospitality House and The Hilton. BJ represents many talented and sophisticated musicians, combos and bands from the Williamsburg area and would be happy to help you find just the right group for your wedding. B. J. began entertaining at a very early age, playing the organ at her church in her native Wilmington, North Carolina. She is a graduate of Shenendoah University and holds a degree in Music Education. She received her Master of Arts in Education from The College of William and Mary. B.J. was a celebrated music teacher for the Williamsburg James City County School system for many years. An accomplished and versatile concert performer, she has entertained up and down the east coast and headlined in Las Vegas on the same bill as Liberace, Peter Nero, Pete Fountain and Tennessee Ernie Ford. B. J. loves Broadway Musicals. . . and her passion and love of the Broadway stage is demonstrated in her musical choices as she brings the intimacy and warmth of the quintessential New York cabaret to the Williamsburg Lodge with unequaled energy and vitality. She brings to life the ?old school piano bar? and by the end of the evening everyone in the room will be around the piano singing the old songs as well as the new. B. J. Costa is a ?Williamsburg Institution? and she?s available for private bookings. So whether you desire sophisticated piano medleys as an accompaniment for your cocktail hour or a high-energy ?sing-a-long?, B.J. is the one to call.

DSCN2088
bj piano

1 Reviews for Weddings Music and More

Jennifer · Married on 01/05/2008

3.0

I contracted Timothy Olbrych through Weddings, Music, and More.

Tim is a music professor at W&M specializing in classical/renaissance guitar. I came across some music samples of his playing on the Weddings, Music, & More website, and I thought it sounded so pretty and different, and would be great for our ceremony. FI and I went to see him play with his wife (who sings) to hear him in person, and it really sounds great.

I dealt almost exclusively with Weddings, Music, and More, and while BJ was very nice, there were a couple of slight issues. She never sent me a copy of my signed contract, and the original contract also had the wrong time on it after we had confirmed the correct time by email. So, I had to meet with her to fix the mistake… not a big deal. Also, after confirming that she received my final payment, I noticed that it hadn’t been cashed two weeks later. I emailed her about it, and she said that I should sent another one (i.e. she must have lost of my check, but she didn’t come out and say it!). Again, not a big deal though.

Tim was very nice, but a bit difficult to get in touch with. He prefers to communicate by phone, while I prefer email to have a written record of any decisions that are made. But, he eventually contacted me and we decided on everything with no issues. Tim sounded great at the ceremony from what I heard! I think people appreciated something a bit more unique than the typical organ or string trio!

Sent on 01/20/2008

Weddings Music and More FAQ

• What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Brass - Trio, Brass - Quartet, Brass - Quintet, Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, Orchestra, String - Trio, String - Quartet, String - Quintet, Soloist / Vocalist
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Drums, Flute, Guitar, Harp, Organ, Piano, Trumpet, Viola, Violin

• PO Box 238 Williamsburg, 23188 See on map