2630 roadside ln, Chesapeake, VA 23325 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About Aida Strings

Aida Strings is a network of Conservatory and University trained professional musicians and vocalists from D.C., M.D., and Virginia. All musicians have five years or more experience in the wedding industry and are trained to perform for all occasions. We not only offer superb music but are the best in superb customer service and competitive rates and packages for our clients convenience. But why stop there? Are you looking for an opera singer for your wedding as well? Thats right!! Aida Strings also offers vocal services for our exclusive clients. We also provide a listing of various ensembles for your convenience. Would you like a soloist, duo, string quartet or a chamber orchestra? All are available for your convenience with our network of musicians. We look forward to working and performing for you and making your special day an elegant an extravagant day to remember.

609847061 l
Cellist of the Aida String Quartet
Cellist of the Aida String Quartet
Mezzo Soprano
Mezzo Soprano
609847061 l

2 Reviews for Aida Strings

Maura · Married on 07/02/2011

We used Aida Strings for our ceremony music which was about an hour long. Tona was very easy to work with as she always answered my emails in a timely manner and they were helpful in suggesting songs to use for the processional/recessional. They did a great job!

Sent on 07/20/2011

Elizabeth · Married on 06/11/2011

Tona was wonderful to work with as I planned my wedding, and was incredibly flexible with the pieces I wanted played. I had several pieces that the quartet hadn't played before, and she was able to have them played in the keys I requested, and also work with the soloist I had.

The quartet arrived on time, was appropriately dressed, and worked well with my wedding planner and event staff. They were also very flexible with weather for my outdoor ceremony- it rained just before and just after the ceremony and it was an uncovered spot, and they were still willing to perform outside.

I did have two issues with them- I requested a string quartet, and (due to a death in someone's family, I believe?) they ended up substituting a flutist instead of one of the strings. I really like that they made it work, despite something beyond their control, but I worked really hard to choose string quartet music, had always wanted a string quartet, and they didn't warn me that it would be different, so I was disappointed.

The other minor thing was that it was a windy day, and some of the musicians' music blew away at the end, so instead of a recessional piece for my husband and I to walk down the aisle to, we got... silence. Again, I have sympathy with the weather, but since they knew the ceremony would be outside, I wish they had brought music stands that would secure their music. That was the piece I was most looking forward to, and it was an awkward wait for music, and then an awkward walk down the aisle in silence.

All in all, though, I was pleased with Aida Quartet- very professional, and the sound was wonderful (my undergrad degree is in music, so I was a very discerning listener, too!).

Sent on 08/05/2011

Aida Strings FAQ

• What ceremony music arrangements can you provide? Instrumental - Solo, Instrumental - Duo, Instrumental - Trio, Orchestra, String - Trio, String - Quartet, String - Quintet, Soloist / Vocalist
  • What instruments does your group play? Cello, Flute, Piano, Trumpet, Viola, Violin

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• Aida Strings 1
    Ceremony music get half off cocktail hour of reception
    If you hire our ensemble to do your wedding ceremony we will also offer to do the cocktail hour of your reception for half off. For example If you hire a string quartet at 700.00 instead of paying another 700.00 we will do your cocktail hour of your reception for 350.00.

• 2630 roadside ln Chesapeake, 23325 See on map