Weddings by the Sea

Santa Barbara, CA View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,500 Package Price

Weddings by the Sea is a boutique wedding studio based in scenic Santa Barbara, California. Specializing in intimate destination weddings and elopements for over 15+ years; they are uniquely suited to provide wedding services in the current CoVid-19 climate. Catherine Forester, owner of Weddings by the Sea is a wedding planner and notary public. She can plan/design a wedding ceremony and issue marriage licenses. This makes Weddings by the Sea especially unique and one of the few wedding companies in California that can easily provide multiple services. Weddings by the Sea has created beautiful, memorable, and intimate wedding experiences for thousands of couples at stunning historic and coastal locations in Santa Barbara. They have won the WeddingWire’s Couples’ Choice Award seven times.

Facilities and Capacity
Weddings by the Sea utilizes several gorgeous locations for wedding ceremonies and vow renewals. These include the Santa Barbara Beachfront, historic Santa Barbara Courthouse, lush gardens such as Alice Keck Memorial Garden, and private venues. Packages are designed to accomodate from 2 - 40 people. Santa Barbara offers a variety of locations with incredible ambiance and spectacular views, providing couples with the intimate destination wedding of their dreams.

Weddings by the Sea offers comprehensive packages that streamline the wedding planning process and service all of the wedding essentials needed for your coastal ceremony. They offer a team of professionals that include wedding coordinators, officiants, florists, and more. Wedding packages can be customized to fit your indivdual style and vision. They also offer several a la carte wedding essentials. Services include:

• Confidential marriage license
  • Chairs
  • Floral Design
  • Decor - including wedding arches and arbors
  • Site crew and setup

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,200

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$1,500

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$3,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$125

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Event Design
Partial Planning
Timelines
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Elopement
Eco-Friendly
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating

• Chaney
    Chaney H. Married on 10/23/2022
    5 out of 5 rating

Absolute perfection!!

Catherine and her team were an absolute DREAM to work with! My sisters and I booked her services for my parent’s 30th Anniversary Vowel Renewal. My parents were unable to have a wedding back then, and this vowel renewal was to give them that experience to celebrate. It could not have been more perfect, and Catherine is to thank! There were so many personal touches she included and she was a joy to communicate with. She was quick to answer any questions and was always open to have a quick chat on the phone to go over details. Catherine made a small bouquet for my baby sister with some extra florals she had and even color coordinated her outfit to the color scheme my parent’s picked out! Wendy (officiant), VeeRonna (harpist), and Bex (photographer), were also such a blessing to have on the day with us. They were all so kind and made the whole experience come to life. My mom was able to have the wedding she always dreamed of and it would not have been the same without these ladies. My parents were overwhelmed with how beautiful the ceremony played out and how loving, courteous, attentive, and professional everyone was. Weddings by the Sea is such a beautiful company and Catherine has a wonderful tight knit team that will execute your day with love and care. I will be recommending them to everyone!
  • Grace
    Grace S. Married on 10/07/2022
    5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gorgeous and stress-free ceremony!

Catherine knows what she's doing, and she does it well! Wedding planning felt nerve-wracking, especially since we live across the country. Our courthouse ceremony and all the details were the least stressful part of our wedding celebration. When we were deciding on our reception restaurant, Catherine tried it out for us since we weren't able to visit before our wedding. She was great at guiding us on any decisions to be made, patient and responsive when we had questions, and always followed up on our concerns. Most importantly, she really delivered on ensuring our wedding ceremony was beautiful, thoughtful, and worry-free. I don't think we could have trusted a more amazing team with our wedding!
  • illustration stars

Deals

Weddings by the Sea 1
Offer

WEDDING PACKAGES:

Don't let the Pandemic prevent you from moving forward with marrigage and creating a new life together. Small, intimate weddings have always been our specialty. We've created a special offer that meets the needs of our new reality 2020. I offer all-inclusive wedding packages specifically designed to relieve you and your wallet of the demands of wedding planning and it's associated costs. All you need to bring is your desire to get married. I'll do the rest...stress free!

GARDEN ELOPEMENT WEDDING PACKAGE (Includes Officiant, Marriage License, Photographer, Wedding Arch, Bridal Bouquet & Boutonierre, Ceremony Video, Live Stream, Champagne Toast & Wedding Cake) $1750 sales tax inc.

Divine Bits of Beauty Ceremonies Divine Bits of Beauty Ceremonies Wedding Officiants

It is truly a pleasure to work with Catherine and her wonderful team at Santa Barbara Weddings By the Sea. Catherine is warm, professional, talented, creative and attentive to detail. She is a natural at creating extraordinary and beautiful events and is able to bring the visions of every couple to life with ease, grace, and efficiency. Catherine has a dedicated team of reliable and highly skilled individuals, who bring integrity and talent to each aspect of the ceremony. Planning a wedding in Santa Barbara could not be easier!

My Generation Weddings My Generation Weddings Wedding Officiants

Kim works with couples to plan weddings which are perfect for them. Her attention to detail, speedy communication, and reassuring demeanor help guide couples through the process of realizing their dream wedding. I have officiated weddings for her many times and I am always impressed by the wedding moments she helps create, how comfortable each couple is on their wedding day, and how beautiful the ceremonies are. Kim does a fantastic job! I highly recommend Kim and Weddings by the Sea for any couple looking to get married in the Santa Barbara area--you'll be glad you did! – Dusty Hoesly, My Generation Weddings

White Doves Los Angeles Southern California White Doves Los Angeles Southern California Wedding Rentals

I can't say enough about how impressed I am with the service, quality and knowledge of The Weddings by the Sea-Santa Barbara. The service is friendly, accommodating and professional. I highly recommend Them!

Divine Bits of Beauty Ceremonies
4.8 out of 5 rating , 20 Reviews
· Wedding Photographers

555 E Montecito St. Santa Barbara, CA, 93105

9am - 7pm, Mon - Sun
Location of (Weddings by the Sea)
555 E Montecito St. Santa Barbara, CA, 93103