Weddings by the Sea Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Chaney
    Chaney H. Married on 10/23/2022

Absolute perfection!!

Catherine and her team were an absolute DREAM to work with! My sisters and I booked her services for my parent’s 30th Anniversary Vowel Renewal. My parents were unable to have a wedding back then, and this vowel renewal was to give them that experience to celebrate. It could not have been more perfect, and Catherine is to thank! There were so many personal touches she included and she was a joy to communicate with. She was quick to answer any questions and was always open to have a quick chat on the phone to go over details. Catherine made a small bouquet for my baby sister with some extra florals she had and even color coordinated her outfit to the color scheme my parent’s picked out! Wendy (officiant), VeeRonna (harpist), and Bex (photographer), were also such a blessing to have on the day with us. They were all so kind and made the whole experience come to life. My mom was able to have the wedding she always dreamed of and it would not have been the same without these ladies. My parents were overwhelmed with how beautiful the ceremony played out and how loving, courteous, attentive, and professional everyone was. Weddings by the Sea is such a beautiful company and Catherine has a wonderful tight knit team that will execute your day with love and care. I will be recommending them to everyone!
  • Grace
    Grace S. Married on 10/07/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Gorgeous and stress-free ceremony!

Catherine knows what she's doing, and she does it well! Wedding planning felt nerve-wracking, especially since we live across the country. Our courthouse ceremony and all the details were the least stressful part of our wedding celebration. When we were deciding on our reception restaurant, Catherine tried it out for us since we weren't able to visit before our wedding. She was great at guiding us on any decisions to be made, patient and responsive when we had questions, and always followed up on our concerns. Most importantly, she really delivered on ensuring our wedding ceremony was beautiful, thoughtful, and worry-free. I don't think we could have trusted a more amazing team with our wedding!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Greg
    Greg M. Married on 09/17/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Superb responsiveness and amazing experience!

We found Weddings by the Sea through an online search soon after we decided to get married in Santa Barbara, CA. We planned our entire event from our home in Norfolk, VA and were a bit concerned about the distance. As soon as we received our first response from Catherine we knew everything was going to be fabulous. Throughout the 6 months of planning, she was responsive, helpful, kind and friendly. Her personal interest and support kept us from worrying unnecessarily and eased our minds about this monumental occasion. Throughout the planning and the ceremony execution at the Mission Rose Garden on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, everything was amazing! It was the wedding of our dreams and one of the highlights of our lives. We can't recommend Weddings by the Sea and Catherine enough to any couple seeking to get married in Santa Barbara! We are thrilled and so happy together!
  • Kathy
    Kathy U. Married on 09/03/2022

Dream Wedding on the Beach

We chose Catherine and Weddings by the Sea to coordinate our dream wedding on the beach, and we are very happy that we did! Catherine was amazing - very professional, a good communicator and listener, thorough and detail oriented. The ceremony was beautiful, and everything was perfect! Our officiant, Dusty was great, too! Thank you, Catherine and staff for a wonderful job from start to finish. We will forever remember this special day!
    Ali Married on 08/05/2022

Wonderful Experience

We live in Indianapolis and wanted to elope in CA, so we needed help. Catherine's services were invaluable. We explained what we were looking for, and she gave us lots of options to meet our needs. Plus, she gave us lots of helpful information about the area. And the photographer and officiant she partners with were also fabulous. Our special day was truly perfect thanks to Catherine's help!
    Justine M. Married on 07/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We had a great experience with Weddings by the Sea. Catherine, Wendy, and Mayra were professional, caring, flexible, and fun.

My husband and I are so grateful we found Weddings by the Sea. They helped us plan the most beautiful wedding on short notice. Catherine, Wendy, and Mayra were accommodating, knowledgeable, and they were great and communicating back and forth with us. Our special day was perfect thanks to their meticulous planning! Looking back we wouldn’t change a single thing about the day!
    Rachael Married on 06/04/2022

Just the easiest

I set out out to have a small wedding that was stress free. While I can’t say I never stressed out, I can say that none of the stress was related to our ceremony. Catherine was so helpful throughout the process and both my husband and I loved our ceremony on the beach.

Weddings by the Sea's reply:

Thanks so much! It was a beautiful day for your wedding on East Beach. All my best to both of you.
  • Derek
    Derek Married on 04/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

It was stress free, easy to communicate, and a great value

Professional, easy to deal with, and amazing people.
    Sharon L. Married on 12/16/2021

The Perfect Wedding - Beautiful & Easy

We had a wonderful experience with W.B.T.S. Catherine and her team are professional, fun and they have style and grace AND took great care of us and all the details, it was a lovely experience from begining to end! My brother got married with them 4 years ago, and they too were and are very happy! Our wedding is a beautiful memory now....
  • Rachel
    Rachel G. Married on 11/14/2021

Best Destination Wedding Choice

Catherine was my wedding planner and florist and wowowow...everything was beautiful! She made planning a Santa Barbara wedding from Virginia easy. Not only did she think of everything for our ceremony, but she gave me advice for every aspect of my weekend. All of our guests were so impressed at how she handled everything and at all of the little details of our special day. I'd Weddings by the Sea to anyone!
  • Gianni
    Gianni C. Married on 10/22/2021

Wedding of our dreams!

Catherine was amazing! She truly knew how to make our wedding day everything we dreamt of! Thank you so much!

Weddings by the Sea's reply:

I'm so glad we were a part of this beautiful wedding on Butterfly Beach! It was truly a pleasure to work with you to create this special day.
    Lady Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Memorable day was worth every penny...

My boyfriend and I wanted to elope in Santa Barbara. I needed to figure out how to do that. I had a specific date in mind and a time. But, since I do not live in Santa Barbara I needed help. Catherine could not have been more professional, more kind, more caring and more knowledgeable. She has been doing this for a long time and her vast experience and honest advice helped me to make the right decisions. Catherine was always available to answer my questions and she suggested options that I did not think of. In short, Catherine was absolutely the reason that our wedding day was a huge success. I highly recommend this Catherine and her super professional team to make your wedding day memorable and happy. My photo's are so much better than I could have imagined. This is one satisfied customer.

Weddings by the Sea's reply:

Thank Lady J. ! It was truly a pleasure to work with you and make this special day happen for you and your fiancee. Wishing you both all the best :)
    Norma W. Married on 10/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything we hoped for, and more!

Catherine, our wedding planner, was so amazing! She stayed right on top of everything and always had a plan B at the ready, which was very useful when we had rain on our big day without warning. Yet, our ceremony went super smoothly thanks to her! We highly recommend!

Weddings by the Sea's reply:

It was a beautiful wedding at Alice Keck Gardens! I'm so glad the rain held off during the ceremony :) The photos are gorgeous.
  • Samantha
    Samantha L. Married on 08/22/2021

Wonderful experience!

I recently was married in Santa Barbara at East Beach and I can not recommend Catherine and her team enough! From my first phone call with Catherine I knew I was making the right choice. She is so calm and easy to speak with. She listened to all my ideas about flowers, music, venue choice and went above and beyond. She even hand delivered my bouquet and flowers for my hair the morning of the wedding. Her officiant was so sweet and helpful. The photographer was fantastic and our photos are gorgeous...not to mention they were delivered only two weeks after our ceremony. Don't hesitate to hire Catherine, you will not be disappointed!
    Kara M. Married on 08/01/2021

My wedding day

Catherine with Weddings By The Sea provided the absolute perfect beach wedding for me! She took care of everything so i had nothing to worry about. The set up was beautiful and everything went smoothly. I’m so happy i chose this company for my most special day ever!
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 07/31/2021

Easy, no fuss

This made our day fun to think about and plan. There was little planning on our part. We had a few ideas and just wanted simple and elegant. She was responsive to any question I had prior and on the day of I just had to show up and everything was beautiful and ready to be enjoyed.
    Jessica Married on 07/23/2021

July 2021 wedding

My wedding was even more beautiful and amazing than I could have imagined! Catherine and her team created such a magical moment for me and my family! I would highly recommend to anyone! Perfect location, decorated beautifully, and all the little details were handled so I didn’t have to stress. I am so happy with the memories I have now! Thank you Catherine and all involved in making it truly an amazing event that I will never forget!
    Laine T. Married on 07/09/2021

Wonderful Wedding Experience

We had a great experience planning our wedding with Weddings by the Sea. Catherine is an excellent wedding coordinator and was helpful, kind, thoughtful, and organized throughout preparing for our wedding. She offers a variety of packages from elopements to larger beach weddings and offered just what we were looking for. We had a beautiful and intimate beach wedding ceremony that was perfect for what we wanted. I loved that our package included both photography and a wedding officiant for a great price. We already had an officiant, so we received a discount off of our package. Catherine also gave us great recommendations for restaurants and a bakery for dinner and dessert after our ceremony. If you are interested in having a stress-free, beautiful beach wedding, I highly recommend Weddings by the Sea!
  • O
    Oscar Married on 06/10/2021

Our wedding went Perfectly flawless

Our wedding went perfect! Weddings by the Sea did a great job, they were very accommodating and made sure that everything we wanted to do during the ceremony was done how we wanted. We have no complaints and would recommend this company to anyone thinking about having a beach wedding in Santa Barbara where we had ours.
  • Darlene
    Darlene R. Married on 05/29/2021

Vow renewal

Catherine and her team are Amazing! Can’t thank them enough, our vow renewal was small, intimate, and beautiful.

Weddings by the Sea's reply:

I am so happy that despite all the challenges with Covid, we were still able to celebrate your 10 year anniversary at Butterfly Beach!
  • Lori
    Lori O. Married on 05/25/2021

Weddings by the Sea - Just What We Wanted

Catherine made our special day a memorable experience. The venue, the flowers, the photos, the weather & ceremony were just perfect. Our officiant Wendy was the perfect person to marry us. I so grateful for everything they did to make our wedding day fabulous.
  • Jessica
    Jessica R. Married on 04/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Couldn't have asked for a better day!

Deciding to book with Catherine was the best choice we could've made! From the first call with her, she was willing to listen to our situation and helped come up with a clear plan on what we could do given the current public health guidelines. We were able to meet her and see the location ahead of time. She was always quick to respond by email or text. She helped make the day of go as smoothly as it could've gone. 10/10 would recommend. Thank you Catherine and team!!
  • Carina
    Carina R. Married on 04/10/2021

Simple and elegant

I really wanted to appreciate Catherine for really helping us on our wedding! Even through Covid we still got it done and she made it look so amazing and it was all we could ever imagined for our wedding!
    Matt B. Married on 12/22/2020

Stress Free and Beautiful

We had had to postpone our wedding a couple times during the pandemic and ended up finding this company. The whole experience was stress free and the ceremony was beautiful and just what we wanted.

They even took care of our license!!

We would recommend!