Weddings by the Sea Reviews

Weddings by the Sea 6
Weddings by the Sea 7

Lyna · Getting married on 03/07/2020

Seamless Wedding!

After going back and forth a million times on the timing and sizing of our wedding with our families, my now husband and I decided to go with what we had envisioned for our wedding. With such a short turnaround (4 months from the decision date), we immediately started looking for help and I was so lucky to have found Catherine and her amazing expertise. Catherine was extremely responsive and helpful from initial contact to the day of our wedding. We live in Huntington Beach so planning a Santa Barbara wedding ourselves would’ve taken much more time and effort than we had for our jam packed schedules. Catherine provided us with a suite of services and made our day so beautiful. She took care of seating, decor, florals, the officiant, photographer, and a was with us with any other details or questions we needed to address. The day of our wedding the ceremony went off without a hitch, and received so much praise from our families. She truly pulled off our vision of an intimate wedding ceremony. If I could do it all over again, without hesitation, Catherine would still be a part of it. Our reception and dinner was even a recommendation from her! She’s such a great partner to have if you’re needing someone to support coordinations for your wedding ceremony.

• Graham

Graham Perry Iii · Married on 11/24/2018

Catherine is the Best!

We were extremely delighted to work with Catherine Forester and Weddings by the Sea.
    Catherine made our wedding day at the Four Seasons Biltmore a warm, beautiful, and memorable experience for us, and for our family and friends.
    Catherine and her team created an absolutely stunning and elegant Chuppah in the Mariposa Gardens for our Ceremony.
    We were all amazed at the exquisite florals Catherine and her team created which adorned the Chuppah as well as the reception tables, and the gorgeous bridal bouquet.
    Catherine attended to each and every detail for us. She provided us with top notch vendors, and collaborated with the hotel event staff which made everything more than perfect all around. Her warm and caring service brought us much comfort and ease well before, and following, our special day.
    After our wedding day, Catherine went above and beyond to assure that our marriage certificate was expedited through Santa Barbara County.
    We highly recommend Catherine and Weddings by the Sea to anyone who is looking to have all the best in a Santa Barbara wedding.

Weddings by the Sea 11
  • Amy

Amy Burke · Married on 11/17/2018

Nothing short of amazing!

I highly recommend Catherine and her team! After a year and half of being engaged and overwhelmed trying to plan a wedding I came across Weddings by the Sea. After putting in my information, Catherine responded the next day and told me the date I had hoped for was available. She suggested a few locations and we loved Manning park. She met me there to look over the park and was very kind and comforting. She responded timely to all emails and concerns. She listened to my views of how I would like my ceremony and handled everything. Wendy was an amazing officiant, she called to discuss the wedding vows and listen my vision and was very accommodating. Alex the photographer made taking pictures a fun and exciting experience! My wedding day was nothing of amazing, and I am so grateful to Catherine and her team!

Weddings by the Sea 12
    Weddings by the Sea 17
  • Karin

Karin Kaufman · Married on 10/13/2018

Best decision!!!

Catherine and Wendy were absolutely amazing!!! So flexible and accomodating for all of the ‘off track’ things we wanted to do... in a ridiculously short amount of time. I gave them ideas and they went with it.... I was able to completely let go and enjoy our special day!!!! Thanks to Bex too for the incredibly gorgeous photos!!! Best day ever made SIMPLE by these wonderful ladies! Thank you so much!!!!! Would HIGHLY recommend!

Nicole Fell · Married on 09/10/2018

Beautiful seaside Ceremony

Catherine did an amazing job with our ceremony, we wanted a very small and intimate elopement. She was very accommodating and flexible. She helped us find the perfect spot on the beach, and we were married on a beautiful September morning. The flowers she picked were also lovely, they were light pinks and yellows and matched my dress wonderfully. The entire team were wonderful and they made our big day possible and one to remember. I recommend Weddings by the Sea to anyone looking for a beach ceremony that is both affordable and professional. 10/10

Mimi · Married on 08/25/2018

My husband and I were extremely happy with how beautiful our wedding ceremony turned out. Our guest loved it as well and couldn’t stop complimenting how amazing it was. We got married right before sunset late August and our photographer (that Catherine set up) was incrediable our pictures are beyond gorgeous! My husband an I are stationed across the country and she did everything over the phone and via email and I couldn’t be more greatful with how amazing she made sure everything turned out without even meeting us before. Cathrine thank you so much. You are amazing, so sweet and extremely talented!!!

Weddings by the Sea 18

Tyler · Married on 08/10/2018

What can you say, weddings bye the sea made our dreams come true.

Weddings by the Sea 19
    Weddings by the Sea 20
    Weddings by the Sea 21

Adam · Married on 06/26/2018

Hi everyone,

We're from Europe, and I proposed my wife in Los Angeles, beforehand I arranged everithing with Catherine. I just wanted a beautiful wedding, without any difficulty or big planing, and it worked out pretty well :)
    Catherine helped me arrange every important things. Her reaction time was excellent, so overall it was a great service.

Weddings by the Sea 22

Erin · Married on 06/14/2018

I live in the Midwest so my main communication with Catherine was via phone and email. She always responded quickly and was super flexible with our wants and needs. We needed our license shipped and she worked with the county clerk to get it expedideted. I am so happy we found her!

Mary Rizzo · Married on 05/31/2018

Catherine Forrester of Weddings by the Sea was phenomenal. She met my expectations and helped keep me calm and confident so that my wedding day would be beautiful. She is a kind, efficient, knowledgeable professional who knows her business. I am so grateful to have been blesses by her outstanding service. I highly recommend her to any bride to be!

Weddings by the Sea 23
    Weddings by the Sea 30
    Weddings by the Sea 31
    Weddings by the Sea 32

Marwin · Married on 05/19/2018

It was a bit scary to send thousands of dollars, to someone I didn't know, and trust her with my daughter's wedding. Let me say, Weddings by the Sea EXCEEDED my very exacting expectations. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING was just as Catherine had indicated it would be. She, and her team, are amazing. AMAZING! If you have any apprehension, relax, and put all your worries, and concerns in the hands of Weddings by the Sea!

Weddings by the Sea 33
    Weddings by the Sea 34
    Weddings by the Sea 35
    Weddings by the Sea 36

Lauren · Married on 05/14/2018

Weddings by the Sea and Catherine put together my wedding about a month ago and it was fabulous! I had contacted Catherine about 9 months prior. I was nervous doing a small destination wedding, coming from Ohio and having never been to Santa Barbara before, but right from the start communication with Catherine was great. Catherine organized everything from the flowers to the guitarist that played, and if I had any questions along the way she was quick to respond within 24-48 hours. The officiant for our wedding, Wendy, was also great and helped to make our ceremony more personal for us. Santa Barbara, the weather, the beach.. It was all gorgeous! Our wedding ceremony was beautiful, fun, and stress free. I would highly recommend Weddings by the Sea, Catherine, and all of the staff! I cannot thank you enough for making our wedding day so perfect!

Brianna · Married on 05/06/2018

Catherine and her team were fantastic. I gave her 3 weeks to get my small wedding together and she was amazing! I have no regrets and would recommend her in a heartbeat. She has tons of resources in the Santa Barbara area and will make sure your day is exactly how you want it. Thanks Catherine!!

Alyssa · Married on 05/05/2018

Catherine and her team are absolutely amazing. We started planning our wedding 16 months in advance and when we found Weddings by the Sea website I knew this was the company I’d want to work with. Planning was very simple and Catherine took care of everything. When it came down to the day before the wedding and the beach we had picked was full of debris Catherine suggested moving beaches, I had no hesitation and she recommended Butterfly Beach. (Which was beautiful) I trusted her completely. The wedding itself was more then I could hope for and I am so grateful for her and the entire team that helped make our day special. This company is simply great and if choose it again anytime. Thank you all again it was a pleasure working with you!

Alyssa & Ben

Hanna · Married on 03/05/2018

The service was so perfect exactly how we wanted it. The wedding planner, Catherine, was very flexible and understanding of how we wanted to get married in Santa Barbara.
    Catherine recommended a photographer to us, so we took some pictures the day before wedding. Alex, the photographer, was the best ever. He understood how we wanted our pictures, and he did really great job. It was fun experience with Alex to take pictures.
    Catherine did fantastic job for us. We will never regret going with her.

Mike · Married on 01/28/2018

Our experience with Catherine of Weddings By The Sea was nothing short of wonderful!!! We called her approximately two months in advance of our wedding date at the Santa Barbara Courthouse, and she immediately assured us not to worry – that she would be able to help us plan and execute our small wedding. We met with her several times, and it was clear that her attention to detail was keen. Not only did she interpret our creative ideas (wedding layout, flowers, arbor, etc….) exactly as we envisioned, but her execution was flawless. We emailed her some photos of flowers and a color scheme, and she pulled it off to perfection. When we arrived at the Courthouse for our ceremony - the layout, the way the arbor was decorated and the overall flowers in general were as if she knew EXACTLY what we wanted as a theme. In addition, she put together a team consisting of the Officiant and the Photographer that were also top notch in every respect. She was very responsive and a pleasure to deal with throughout the process. We give her our strongest recommendation!!!!!

Sabira · Married on 11/11/2017

My new husband Zack and I could not have been happier working with Weddings by the Sea for our special day! Catherine helped us plan our beach ceremony in Santa Barbara, and she was a joy to work with. Everything went smoothly from beginning to end, and it was an amazing day thanks to her. Amy designed the most beautiful arrangements for the ceremony and reception that I've ever seen, and were even more beautiful than I imagined. Weddings by the Sea kept us within a great budget, and put together the day of our dreams. Thank you, for everything :)

Weddings by the Sea 37

MABiel · Married on 10/27/2017

Cathrine was great. Our wedding was everything we wanted it to Be plus more. She made it very easy for us since it was our destination wedding.

Weddings by the Sea 38

Hannah · Married on 10/21/2017

We chose a very simple ceremony which was lovely and sweet in a beautiful setting in Santa Barbara. Everything was easy, without stress. Accommodating, with a feeling that they just wanted our day to be perfect.

Grace · Married on 10/20/2017

Catherine Forester - the wedding planner instantly became one of the members my family. We live 3 hours away from Santa Barbara that it was difficult to plan the wedding but not when you have Catherine!! She will take care of what is needed to be taken care of. I was thrilled that she accepted my invite to also join us for our wedding reception. My family and I just love her, and her staff and of course our wedding officiant is also one of the greatest!!!

Weddings by the Sea 39
    Weddings by the Sea 40
    Weddings by the Sea 41
    Weddings by the Sea 42
    Weddings by the Sea 43
    Weddings by the Sea 44
    Weddings by the Sea 45

Cassi · Married on 10/17/2017

Catherine and her team were amazing! If I had to do all over again I wouldn’t change a thing.

Chloe · Married on 10/17/2017

Catherine and her team made our day absolutely perfect! We had a tiny beach wedding that Catherine helped us arrange. From the cake to the photographer to the licensing process, Catherine did an outstanding job of coordinating. Our fabulous day was stress free and filled with everything we wanted. Catherine handled every detail with a much appreciated calm demeanor so that we could focus on enjoying every moment.

Weddings by the Sea 46

Shirayni · Married on 09/21/2017

My husband and I absolutely loved our elopement with Weddings by the Sea!
    It was a stress-free, fun experience which made our day perfect.
    Planning our wedding from New Zealand was a breeze and we just turned up on the day in Santa Barbara relaxed and relieved at how everything went. Highly recommended :)

Weddings by the Sea 47
    Weddings by the Sea 52
    Weddings by the Sea 53
    Weddings by the Sea 54

Elissa · Married on 08/17/2017

Catherine was incredibly accommodating, thoughtful and wonderful to work with. She answered all of our questions regarding elopement with ease during the process. we even switched locations on her last minute and she made it happen flawlessly. We would highly recommend her for your wedding day!!