Hattiesburg, Hattiesburg, MS 39401 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Pricing

About My Generation Weddings

Dusty Hoesly - My Generation Weddings offers non-denominational, mixed-faith, spiritual, and secular ceremonies in traditional or modern styles. Whether you’re looking to get married, consecrate a domestic partnership, or simply share your commitment with the world, Dusty would like to help celebrate your special day.

My Generation Weddings serves couples in and around Hattiesburg, Mississippi, as well as in the Jackson to Biloxi/Gulfport area. Dusty prides himself on honoring the unique connections between every couple. His primary focus is understanding you and your partner, so he can develop the beautiful ceremony you envision. He also speaks some German.

Experience
In 2008, two of Dusty’s friends asked him to officiate their wedding. Afterward, several more friends and family members asked him to marry them too, and his passion for officiating weddings was born. The praise and encouragement he received inspired him to start Dusty Hoesly - My Generation Weddings in 2012. Since then he as performed over 150 weddings. Dusty has a Ph.D. in Religious Studies from the University of California - Santa Barbara and is licensed through the Universal Life Church. His expertise about contemporary wedding rituals and personalized ceremonies has been featured in the New York Times.

Dusty Hoesly - My Generation Weddings offers two kinds of ceremonies: a simple, romantic ceremony ($150) or a more personalized ceremony ($300). For either kind of ceremony, Dusty will work with you in person, by email, or phone to craft the perfect wedding for you. He shares drafts with couples to get your feedback and tailors ceremonies to your desires; you will see the final draft before your wedding day. Dusty also performs rehearsals and can help coordinate your ceremony.

The simple, romantic ceremony is centered on love and commitment. It includes the standard elements of a classic wedding and offers a variety of vows, readings, and phrasings. Couples can choose to write their own vows, add readings, include rituals, or otherwise shape the ceremony as they like. Dusty has nonreligious, nondenominational, interfaith, and Christian templates he can use to begin creating your unique ceremony.

The highly personalized ceremony includes a couple’s “love story” of how you met, fell in love, and decided to marry. This is based on discussions with the couple and an emailed questionnaire. A more personalized ceremony may also include expanded interfaith or multicultural traditions, more complex rituals (such as handfasting), bilingual passages, and additional elements. Please contact me to learn more.

There is a $75 charge for a rehearsal. I am also happy to perform weddings with no rehearsal, depending on your preference.

I perform weddings in all locations, indoors and outdoors. For weddings outside the Hattiesburg area, I charge a travel fee starting at $75 (depending on distance).

From conducting a consultation in person, over the phone, or through email to participating in the rehearsal for your ceremony to celebrating your wedding, Dusty is with you through every step to ensure your wedding is perfect. If it’s a wedding or a vow renewal, or any ceremony that celebrates your unique love and commitment, Dusty is glad to help honor your special day.

Dusty can officiate ceremonies that are:

• Non-denominational

My Generation Weddings 6
My Generation Weddings 7
  • Q

Quincy · Getting married on 11/17/2019

spectacular-we couldn’t have done in without Dusty

from the moment my husband and I contacted Dusty, we felt an instant connection to his warmth and enthusiasm. Dusty asked several questions regarding our ceremony and the type of ceremony we wanted for our special day. He was so informative, well-organized and passionate about his work; we truly couldn’t have asked for a better or more caring officiant. He wrote the outline of our ceremony immediately and allowed us to FaceTime him regarding various things we wanted to add to our ceremony. Dusty didn’t hesitate to add special moments throughout our ceremony and made God the center of it like we requested. I didn’t realize how important it was to connect to our officiant until we met Dusty. He will always be one of the most special parts of our wedding. Thank you for everything, Dusty. We are so blessed to have met you!

Sent on 12/22/2018
    My Generation Weddings 8
    My Generation Weddings 9
    My Generation Weddings 10

Rachel Keller · Married on 07/28/2019

Dusty is awesome!!!

We found Dusty on a whim while searching for officiants for our wedding and we couldn't be happier that we found him. He was the perfect fit for us, young, hip, flexible, local, and affordable... and so dang nice. He gave us a couple of different options for our ceremony. We knew we wanted to keep it short and sweet and his basic ceremony sample was perfect. He gave us the option to change it as much as we wanted but there was no need to it was perfect and said everything we wanted to say. All we added was a few short/funny vows to make it personal and it was as easy as that. He was very easy to communicate with and made sure the day of we had everything we needed. He arrived well before the ceremony time to sort out the details with the marriage license and mailed it back to the courthouse right away.
    I would highly recommend Dusty if you're in need of an officiant!!!

Sent on 08/06/2019

• What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 150.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 75.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 150.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed, Premarital Counseling, Bilingual
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Catholic, Earth-Based, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Jewish, Methodist, No Denomination, Pagan, Quaker, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? CA, LA, MS, OR, WA
  • What languages do you speak? English, German

• Weddings by the Sea
    Weddings by the Sea Wedding Planners

Dusty has worked for many times as an Officiant/Minister. He is wonderful. He contacts my couples well ahead of their wedding date and writes a personalized Ceremony for them. I have only fantastic things to say about Dusty. He is genuine, honest, and so very nice to work with. He has never been late, always dresses appropriately and I would give him 10 stars out of 10! He is caring and interested with all my couples. I would not hesitate to hire Dusty Hoesly ever! kim colombini weddings by the sea - santa barbara

• Hattiesburg Hattiesburg, MS, 39401 See on map