This vendor is popular with couples. Start a conversation

On WeddingWire since 2015

Weddings by Janet Dunn is a wedding officiant based business in the Adirondacks of New York, the Green Mountains of Vermont and I travel to the Poconos in Pennsylvania .

I feel very fortunate to be able to officiate all different kinds of ceremonies especially weddings. It is a true joy and privilege to write and officiate a couples love ceremony.

I am a spirtiual, passionate, and dedicated officiant. I create lovely, personal, and memorable ceremonies that you will love and so will your guests.

I am an award winning officiant and my reviews speak to why I am that!

Weddings by Janet Dunn is a unique officiating service. I am an award-winning celebrant/officiant, interfaith-ordained minister, professional storyteller, forest therapist, and life/health coach.

I love creating and officiating wedding ceremonies.

My work is to create a marvelous ceremony that reflects you and your individuality.There are a million ways to do that, and I am very passionate about writing the perfect ceremony for every couple. A ceremony reflects your love for your partner, what you two want to be for each other and yourselves in the marriage.

It is so wonderful how your ceremony can reflect the two of you through words, rituals, and actions. The many choices of readings (from romantic and tender to fun and light), simple or more involved rituals (which are incredible), the ring vows, the words that you choose for your vows, whether you write them or choose from a plethora of choices is amazing. Simply said each element of a ceremony tells the world who you are, who the two of you are together, and why this is your love. It is a fantastic process and unique to only the two of you.

I love the woods, the mountains, and anything to do with nature.

I will climb up a mountain or meet you in the old/new barn, alongside a river or lake, in a field, backyard, public park, hotel, or an old or new inn, golf course, or any specific wedding venue. Any wedding venue that you love is great by me.

I am a writer, and I will write until your ceremony is perfect for the two of you. I believe in the art of ceremony and the declaration of love that is shared with each couple. It is your words of love that are the foundation for your ceremony. I also offer a love story that I write from the information you share with me. (everyone loves that element of the ceremony)

I love to travel, so I go where I am asked. I travel throughout the Green Mountains of Vermont, the grand Adirondacks/Catskills of New York, or the lovely Poconos of Pennsylvania, I will hop in my mighty Prius and go.

I am also a certified relationship coach and offer couple coaching. This can be extremely helpful in creating a strong foundation for your marriage. I help couples build clear communication skills, and listening skills and find security and trust in each other and themselves. It is a coaching package that can motivate and strengthen your commitment to one another.

I am a graduate of One Spirit seminary and have a deep respect for religions and spiritual persuasions from all over the world. I graduated from the Celebrant Institute and Foundation and studied the art of ceremony, the art of wedding ceremonies, the art of funeral ceremonies, and the art of healing ceremonies. I have officiated ceremonies for couples from many religious, cultural, and spiritual backgrounds. For over nine years, I have carefully crafted personalized ceremonies that seek to reflect each couple’s love. I have a deep love of yoga and meditation, and this has been the foundation of my life for many years. I have taught hundreds of yoga and meditation classes. I am all about being in the moment and taking care not to miss the special moments of your life.

Your ceremony will reflect the intention to be present, for the wedding is an unrepeatable moment in time. So very precious!

Relationship/couple coaching:

I believe in marriage, and it takes commitment and respect to keep the marriage strong. One way to build a strong foundation and lasting relationship is through honing ones speaking and listening skills. I am a certified relationship life coach. I coach couples to help strengthen their relationship and continue to find joy and honor in their life together. I offer powerful tools that can help your relationship become stronger and more fulfilling.

I also offer rehearsal services in person or vitually, to ensure that things run smoothly on your wedding day day.

As a travel enthusiast, I relish the opportunity to officiate at destination weddings and elopements too. I love weddings that meet at the trailheads, at the summit, in the fields, by the lakes and rivers, and in any unique, wonderful, and meaningful location.

Weddings by Janet Dunn offers a personable, professional, and caring officiating service. I also love what I do!

• Woman-owned

Frequently asked questions

What is the typical price for your wedding services?

$600

Which of the following are included in the price?

Ceremony Rehearsal

What is the starting price for your wedding services?

$353

Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?

What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?

$155

What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?

$125

What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?

Non-religious
Interfaith
Ceremony Rehearsal
Vow Renewal
Civil Union

What services do you provide?

Premarital Counseling

What religious affiliations do you serve?

Agnostic
Buddhist
Earth-Based
No Denomination
Pagan
Presbyterian
Quaker
Unitarian

On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?

30-60 mins.

In which states are you licensed?

CT
NY
PA
RI
VT

What languages do you speak?

English

99% Recommended by couples

Jackson
Jackson M. Sent on 11/06/2023
5 out of 5 rating

Amazing from every aspect.

Janet was so amazing - flexible with how we wanted our ceremony, our readings, and just generally so kind. Even though we had a set ceremony, she was so great at saying things that she felt in the moment, making it a truly special and unique ceremony that felt real. We recommend Janet to anyone!
Casey
Casey M. Sent on 10/31/2023

Fantastic Experience!

Working with Janet was a breeze. She was so calm and reassuring which was much needed during the hecticness of wedding planning! She was so easy to work with and really made the perfect ceremony for my husband and I. We were originally worried that having an officiant was going to make our ceremony too emotional and/or religious which we really didn't want and she listened to our concerns and ideas and created something so special that we both absolutely loved. She made things relaxed and light hearted and even got us giggling throughout. I couldn't have imagined a better ceremony for us and would definitely recommend Janet to anyone! Not only was she a great officiant but she is also the kindest person. So happy we had Janet be a part of our day!
M
Maureen T. Sent on 11/10/2023
5 out of 5 rating

Janet spent a lot of time getting to know us

Our ceremony was personalized because Janet spent a lot of time getting to know us, our history, and our views. Our ceremony was very unique, reflected our history, and thrilled our guests.
illustration stars

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Deals

Pricing

Do you want more pricing details?

Owls Hoot Barn Owls Hoot Barn Barn & Farm Weddings

Janet performed a beautiful ceremony for a couple recently at Owls Hoot Barn. It perfectly blended the vibe of the couple and the surrounding venue. She was extremely professional and pleasant to work with!

Jordan DeNike Photography Jordan DeNike Photography Wedding Photographers

Janet is an incredible professional who does an amazing job at officiating her wedding ceremonies. She makes the ceremony personal to the couple, keeps it light + warm and is generally excellent at what she does. It's very obvious that her couples feel comfortable with her. I would (and do) recommend her to any of my bride's in need of an officiant!

Fox Hill Farm Fox Hill Farm Barn & Farm Weddings

From the moment I met Janet, I felt she embodied the spirit, calm and presence one would yearn to have on the most important day of their life. She is professional, kind, heartwarming and, has pizazz! What a great combination!

Lake Placid Lodge
· Wedding Photographers
Bryer Photography
5.0 out of 5 rating , 9 Reviews
· Wedding Hair & Makeup

Other vendors in Albany for your wedding

Responds within 24 hours