About Weddings by Heidi

Connecting with Couples to Create Personal and Heartfelt Ceremonies

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I am a Ordained United Church of Christ Minister who has been helping couples tie the knot since 2008. My style is warm and friendly, yet professional. Whether traditional or non-religious, spiritual or eclectic, I will work with you to design a ceremony that is personal and reflects your values, beliefs, and personalities. I want you to love your ceremony!

Your wedding day should be the best day of your life! I will work to make this happen and help you feel at ease on your big day. Preparing for a wedding is an intimate, joyful time but can also be stressful! One of my specialties is being a calming presence to you and your fiance before and on your big day. We will become a team and work together to make your wedding the most memorable day of your life!  Plus, after our meeting(s), email consults, and rehearsal the day before, you will feel confident that your ceremony is everything you dreamed it would be! Counseling is a great option, but not required.

I book up quickly, so do schedule your free consultation ASAP! My cell is (919) 357-4148, and email is heidigessner@gmail.com, so call, email, text, or message me today for your free consultation.

Cheers!

Civil Union (1)
Catholic (1)
Presbyterian (1)
Baptist (1)

Michael and I felt so blessed to have Heidi as our officiant. She is genuine, kind and listens really well. The service was just lovely — everything we hoped it would be. We could not be more enthusiastic of our recommendation of Heidi!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Anne, 12/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony Music, Officiant

For us, choosing an officiant was a strange process. As neither of us are religious, we weren't sure where to start or who to even contact. Heidi came to us by way of a recommendation from both our wedding planner as well as another couple whose wedding she had officiated. They both had great things to say so we set up a meeting. Within 5 minutes of meeting with Heidi, we were sold! She is warm and kind and such a pleasure to talk to.

One of the things that I think speaks most highly about Heidi is her willingness to work with us. A few weeks before the wedding, I was suddenly struck by the weirdness of being married by someone who we didn't know particularly well and who didn't know us in return. In a moment of panic, I emailed Heidi and suggested that the three of us meet for dinner. I am so glad that we did! That evening, we made personal connections, got to know each other and just enjoyed some good pizza together. I left feeling not only relieved but convinced that there wasn't anyone we would want to do it more.

The day of our wedding, Heidi officiated a moving ceremony that matched the tone of the evening that we were aiming for. Her words were amazing and we loved the references and quotations that she included. Since the wedding, we have had so many family members talk to us about the ceremony and how beautiful it was. I have even thought of having one of the quotes from the ceremony made into artwork for our house!

Thank you, Heidi, for making our day so memorable!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Elizabeth, 12/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Officiant
Services Used: Agnostic, Rehearsal, Non-religious, Customized Vows, Licensed, Counseling

Weddings by Heidi FAQ

2 VIDEOS

Happily Ever After...
1:05 minutes

5 ENDORSEMENTS
Heidi is captivating and fun while she showers her couples with wisdom and love. Eloquent and versatile, I recommend Heidi as a professional officiant in the industry.

Heidi was wonderful to work with. She is warm and friendly, and also very professional. We photographed an outdoor wedding with her this fall and were very impressed. The ceremony was just lovely.

Heidi and I worked together at a wedding at the WRAL Azalea Gardens, as well as, an indoor wedding a few years ago. She is an absolute pleasure to work with. She was knowledgeable of how the ceremony would go, she was kind, helpful and extremely professional. I thought she added something extra special to the couple's unique ceremony. I highly recommend her and would work with her again any day!

We loved working with Weddings by Heidi at a wedding we photographed in the Outer Banks. She was professional, kind, and delivered a beautiful ceremony. We would highly recommend working with her!

68 PROS I KNOW

Events

114 Tenure Circle, Durham, NC 27713   See On Map
919-357-4148 (phone)
Weddings by Heidi is a wedding officiant from Durham, NC. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. Weddings by Heidi is a professional wedding officiant that has been part of the Triangle Area wedding industry for 10 years. We specialize in Non-traditional, customized, Non-religious, specialized weddings.