Engagement
Shoot included

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Hartman Outdoor Photography

genuine + delightful moments

I'm so happy you've come to my page! I'm Shelley and I'm a wedding photographer who loves all things nature, quirky details, laughter, and genuine people.

I'm based out of North Carolina and spend most of my weekends in Western NC, Virginia, and Eastern Tennessee. I love being surrounded by mountains and trees!

Outdoor weddings are my thing. I prefer spending as much of my time outside as possible. This is where I find inspiration and rejuvenation. Whether I'm in the mountains, the desert, or alongside the ocean, this is my happy place.

What draws me most to weddings is the constant variety. I've photographed over 150 weddings, and I find I love it more every year.  I love to photograph both larger weddings and very intimate elopements. Most of all, I love capturing the moments and memories. These are the things that you will cherish as you look back on your 20 year anniversary. These are the photos that will relive the day. I am particularly drawn to happy tears, laughter, anticipation, and heartfelt joy.

I would absolutely love to hear all about your big plans! Please feel free to reach out and say hello! :)

Shelley Hartman

photosbyhartman@gmail.com

630-373-3001

P.S. Don't forget to like me on Facebook and Instagram!

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Slideshow (1)
Albums (1)
Canvas (1)
Prints (1)

Hartman Outdoor Photography was the best decision my husband and I made! Shelley is beyond accommodating, flexible, professional, warm, and prompt. There is not a single photo that my husband and I are not in love with; every photo more beautiful than the next. We can not be more pleased with the quality of Shelley's work - we relive our wedding day each time we look at the pictures. Thank you Shelley - we look forward to working with you in the future!

Profile Picture jill, 8/16/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Multi. Locations, Slideshow

Absolutely amazing! Have thoroughly enjoyed working with Shelley throughout our journey; from engagement photos, to bridal portraits, to the wedding day Shelley made us feel comfortable and at ease and her work is absolutely AMAZING. Shelley was extremely flexible when plans or settings changed and was a blessing to work with. She has truly helped capture the joy that consumes us during this time in our lives and for that we are forever grateful! Extraordinary photographer and person

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Alisha, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Canvas, Digital Files, Prints, One Event/Day, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

My husband and I couldn't believe how lucky we got to have Shelley photograph our adventure elopement in South Iceland! She was easy to communicate with and so personable in person. I pretty much instantly felt comfortable working with her, even though I never got to meet her in person until the actual elopement day. My husband doesn't comment on services very much, but he was so impressed with Shelley's creativity and fearlessness in getting the best shots. She would sometimes be laying on the ground and get completely soaked by the waterfalls, and she would have us stand so close to the edge of a cliff and so close to the waterfalls. My husband got to see a sneak peek of a few shots on her camera, and his mouth literally dropped at how beautiful the photos were. We completely trusted her opinion on the stops we made in Iceland not only because she has been to Iceland before, but also because she just has that creative vision to know what looks good (her website/blog says it all). Another bonus is that she scouts the wedding ceremony area for you beforehand and chose our ceremony site, which we are so grateful for. It was intimate (away from the crowds), peaceful, and beautiful. If you and your partner are looking for someone who loves candid photos, dynamic photos with a lot of movement, and epic landscape photos, Shelley is the best photographer for that. We can't recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Alice, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography
Services Used: One Event/Day, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance, Multi. Locations, Digital Files, Proofs

Hartman Outdoor Photography Pricing

220x220 sq 1394986696864 cathy and jonathon puerto rico 5507 edi
220x220 sq 1389992974500 img254
220x220 sq 1435767784791 yuliya and vladamir 2732

10 ENDORSEMENTS
Josh and Shelley's work speaks for itself, but add to this that they are both kind, funny, and professional on the wedding day. A pleasure to work with and I confidently recommend them to all my couples seeking a photographer!

Josh and Shelley are the perfect team! They get the most amazing shots and are totally fun and friendly to work with. They both took the time to greet me and were polite in asking if I had any rules about taking photos during the ceremony. It is very clear they are passionate about their work and are true professionals. I highly recommend them and loved working with them!

Great work, and look forward to working with them again soon~

I have worked several weddings recently with Josh and Shelley. They do good work and are so flexible and friendly. I really appreciate that too. Their work is superb and you cannot go wrong hiring them to photograph your wedding!

Hartman Photography does and amazing job in true emotion of the couple all while getting the gorgeous scenary of the location. Beautiful images and such a fun and warm couple to work with.

489 PROS I KNOW