Heidi Gessner Reviews

91 Reviews for Heidi Gessner

91 Heidi Gessner Reviews

Kelsey Davey · Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing Officiant!

We couldn’t have asked for a better person then Heidi to be our officiant! She helped us create a ceremony personal to us and took the time during our pre-marital sessions to truly get to know us. We received so many compliments from guests on how wonderful our ceremony was. We were honored to have Heidi a part of our wedding!

Sent on 11/05/2018

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Kelsey-- Thank you so much! You and Matt were so sweet during your ceremony. I loved when he took your hands into his and kissed them to help calm your nerves - and he did it twice. :) I also thought your framed Match.com profile that Matt responded at your reception was poignant and so creative. Thanks for including me on your big day.

Amanda Moseley · Married on 10/13/2018

Warm, prepared, and flexible!

Heidi was SO AMAZING. The planning process was such an easy one, and although we did not know each other prior, she was so warm and welcoming it was like we knew her for years! The consultation was such a great process and I am glad it is part of the package as it was SO helpful! She took what we wanted our dream ceremony to be like and created it into a reality! I would also suggest having her for the rehearsal as it calms a lot of nerves and gives you a sense of how the ceremony will function. HIGHLY recommend Heidi! :)

Sent on 10/26/2018
    Heidi Gessner 1
    Heidi Gessner 2

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you, Amanda! You are such a joy to be around and I loved hanging out with you and Dillon and the wedding party before your ceremony. So laid back. ;) The trellis that Dillon and his father made was so stunning and elegant. It made the space where you shared your unity candle ceremony extra special.
  • L'Erin & Sha'Quitta

L'Erin & Sha'Quitta · Married on 07/27/2018

Where do we begin? From the moment we met with Heidi we fell in love with her personality and her spirit. Being an LGBT couple it was difficult to find an officiant who would agreed to marry us. Heidi's exact words to us were "God created love" and from that moment we were convinced she was the one. She performed our pre-marital counseling, which was very helpful and gave us the reassurance we needed that things would be okay. She walked us through our entire ceremony from start to finish and even assisted us with our rehearsal the night before. We could not have chosen a better officiant and we cannot wait to visit her in the future to keep us on the right track in our marriage. Simpy put, HEIDI IS AMAZING!!!

Sent on 08/06/2018
    Heidi Gessner 3

Heidi Gessner's reply:

L & S, Thank you for the love! Every minute we spent together was enjoyable and you both did your work. Your dream wedding went off without a hitch and you rocked it! My favorite part was watching your grandmother, S, while you were reading your vows to L. She was teary-eyed and nodding and couldn't have looked prouder of you. There was a whole lot of love in that room for you two and I was overjoyed to be a part of it. Thank you!

Barbara · Married on 06/02/2018

Heidi is a wonderful minister. She wrote a custom speech respecting our spiritual beliefs and honoring our families. She kept our ceremony light and in step with our wedding theme. She offers couples 3 packages, we choose to get the pre-marital counseling as an addition. She takes the time to get to know couples. She was not judgmental and provided us with topics to discuss with each other that we had not explored in depth. She came highly recommended to us from our venue, The Oak at Salem in Apex, NC.

Sent on 06/19/2018

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Barbara, thank you for your affirming review. It was my pleasure to meet with you and Kevin in your new house for our enriching conversations. You made it a cozy home by the end of our sessions and I am thrilled for you both! Your wedding day wish came true-- perfect weather and well-behaved family members. :)

Kat · Married on 06/02/2018

Heidi was phenomenal. Met with us early on in the process to get to know us and was able to craft a ceremony that was personal. She delivered a beautiful ceremony on our wedding day. She was also always professional, responded to our emails promptly, was well-organized, and fun to work with. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you, Kat! I loved spending time with you and Bryan, getting to know you, and officiating your wedding. One of my favorite parts of the weekend was your father practicing his line to support you in marriage. So sweet. It's fun to run into you and Bryan around the hospital as well. :)

Rosemary · Married on 05/26/2018

Heidi was amazing to work with. From my first phone conversation with her I knew that she was going to be wonderful to work with. She is very responsive, accommodating, and kind. We made multiple edits to our ceremony and she always did them quickly and welcomed our feedback. During the rehearsal and the day of the wedding she was a calming presence and so many guests commented on how lovely our ceremony was. We could not have asked for a better officiant and feel so lucky that we got to work with Heidi!

Sent on 06/14/2018

Heidi Gessner's reply:

What a blast your wedding weekend was, Rosemary! The Hindu AND Christian celebrations was a new experience for me and I LOVED how both unique ceremonies brought you and Neil together as one. Everyone was all in and had fun, even when and maybe especially when we made the call to move your ceremony indoors because of rain. It didn't matter and we didn't miss a beat. So happy for you both. :)

Katie · Married on 05/20/2018

Heidi was a wonderful officiant! She worked with us to make sure that our ceremony reflected our relationship, and was also willing to work around our busy schedules for meetings. We got tons of compliments on how beautiful her ceremony was.

Sent on 05/30/2018

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Katie, I am so glad you feel your cermony reflected your relationship. I knew the taoist influence was important to Ryan so I wanted to make sure and weave that throughout. It was also a must to mention your sweet and friendly adopted baby kitten--Little Miss Mew. Lol.

Brittney · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband and I had a wonderful time working with Heidi leading up to our wedding. We chose to do three marriage counseling classes, one per month until the big day. Each class was more helpful than the next and we enjoyed our "homework." Heidi's guidance led us to talk openly about all aspects of married life, as well as, easing stressors that arose the closer we got to our date. She arraigned a beautifully personal ceremony for us that we loved. After the wedding we received a lot of compliments on her words. It was a great experience and we are so happy to have found her on WeddingWire! We plan to keep in touch with her through the years and look forward to meeting with her again in the future.

Sent on 05/02/2018
    Heidi Gessner 4

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you so much, Brittney! What a blast it was getting to know you and Richard, as well as your families. You are a beautiful couple and did some great work in our counseling sessions. I look forward to staying in touch. :)

Allison · Married on 03/25/2018

Heidi was a fantastic officiant for our wedding. We got a ton of compliments from guests due to her warm demeanor and insightful sermon. She listened to what we wanted the ceremony to express and guided the entire thing effortlessly. Through the whole process, she was very communicative, which was especially important to us because we were out of state. Thanks, Heidi! -Ann and Allison

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you Allison! You and Ann were so easy to work with and just fun to be around. I loved "Scaffolding", the reading you chose straight from the subway walls in NYC! It worked beautifully and wove in nicely your theme of feeling grounded together. Love that.

Kate · Married on 02/25/2018

Heidi was great. We really enjoyed having Heidi as a part of our wedding ceremony. She is very calm and reassuring. Heidi also did our pre-marital counseling. She helped us navigate living together and the ups and downs of a marriage. I would recommend Heidi to anyone tying the knot!

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Kate, Thanks for your review. You and Matt did a lot of great work at your pre-marriage counseling sessions working through the anxiety of moving to a new home, selling your house, and planning a wedding. You did it and it was perfect! Great job. Thanks for letting me companion with you through it. :)

Evan · Married on 02/24/2018

We loved working with Heidi for our wedding! She crafted the ceremony script to show what was most important to us and helped us find a beautiful reading to share with our guests. She was a kind, calm, and steady presence through the whole process and our families loved her!

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you, Evan! I loved working with you and Mimi as well. You did a great job being the contact person while Mimi was finishing medical school and applying for residencies. You've known each other for a long time and balanced your wedding and busy, demanding jobs intentionally. The Great Room at Top of the Hill was such a fun backdrop for your poignant ceremony. Best of luck in Boston!

Anne · Married on 12/30/2017

Michael and I felt so blessed to have Heidi as our officiant. She is genuine, kind and listens really well. The service was just lovely — everything we hoped it would be. We could not be more enthusiastic of our recommendation of Heidi!

Sent on 01/10/2018

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you, Anne! How great that love is ageless? You two were adorable and so gleeful. And the shrimp and guacamole was divine!

Elizabeth · Married on 12/09/2017

For us, choosing an officiant was a strange process. As neither of us are religious, we weren't sure where to start or who to even contact. Heidi came to us by way of a recommendation from both our wedding planner as well as another couple whose wedding she had officiated. They both had great things to say so we set up a meeting. Within 5 minutes of meeting with Heidi, we were sold! She is warm and kind and such a pleasure to talk to.

One of the things that I think speaks most highly about Heidi is her willingness to work with us. A few weeks before the wedding, I was suddenly struck by the weirdness of being married by someone who we didn't know particularly well and who didn't know us in return. In a moment of panic, I emailed Heidi and suggested that the three of us meet for dinner. I am so glad that we did! That evening, we made personal connections, got to know each other and just enjoyed some good pizza together. I left feeling not only relieved but convinced that there wasn't anyone we would want to do it more.

The day of our wedding, Heidi officiated a moving ceremony that matched the tone of the evening that we were aiming for. Her words were amazing and we loved the references and quotations that she included. Since the wedding, we have had so many family members talk to us about the ceremony and how beautiful it was. I have even thought of having one of the quotes from the ceremony made into artwork for our house!

Thank you, Heidi, for making our day so memorable!

Sent on 01/31/2018

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Elizabeth-What a great idea to meet for dinner and get to know each other better! Who knew we had so many connections? I LOVE that you and Gregg dreamed of a white wedding AND IT ACTUALLY SNOWED DURING YOUR CEREMONY! It was totally magical and I had a blast. Thank you for choosing me to be a part of your BIG day. :)

Megan · Married on 11/18/2017

Heidi was an absolute joy to work with. Evan and I are so thankful for everything that Heidi has done for us over the past few months. Heidi is simply incredible at her craft. Her skill, knowledge, organization, kindness, responsiveness and ability to keep a constant line of communication with us was beyond helpful and much appreciated. Evan and I decided to engage in pre-martial counseling sessions before we tied the knot this past November and it was one of the best decisions we made during our engagement. During our pre-martial counseling session Heidi challenged us to think about our values, goals, hopes, dreams and personality traits. It was an incredible opportunity to be able to talk to a third-party about our strengths, weaknesses and plans for the future. We both gained valuable “take-a-ways” that have helped us grow and learn more about each other. We both really enjoyed taking the personality test and hearing Heidi talk about how those traits unfold in everyday life. Taking these tests has encouraged us to think about our daily interactions and how we feel loved. Throughout this experience, she made Evan and I feel so loved and supported and her patience and dedication meant the world to us.

We can't thank Heidi enough for all her hard work and support. Heidi was always very approachable, open minded and listened when we had concerns and questions. Our wedding day weekend was beyond anything that we could have dreamed of. Heidi helped us to create an intentional ceremony that encompassed our story and love for one another. Heidi included personal touches and heartfelt messages in her reading that truly reflected us! When I think back on our wedding day, the ceremony was my favorite part. Heidi’s message was impactful, sincere and truly memorable. We had multiple people (including friends and family) complement our ceremony and Heidi’s message throughout the rest of the night.”

Sent on 12/15/2017

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Megan & Evan-Thank you so much! I had so much fun on your wedding day. Being out on the lawn at The Carolina Inn with cheering fans walking by to the final home football game made it feel like a royal wedding. :) Burying that bottle of bourbon was brilliant and obviously worked since the forecast was rain, but there was not a drop! It was such a joy for me to journey with you. Here's to 2018!

Holly · Married on 11/11/2017

Heidi was AMAZING! She listened to our desires and preferences and created the most perfect ceremony!

Sent on 12/07/2017

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you, Holly! You were stunning and Max and your boys were so cool in their jeans and boots. :) You all rocked the ceremony, leaving not one dry-eyed guest!

Amanda · Married on 11/04/2017

Heidi was absolutely wonderful! My husband and I were set on the type of ceremony we wanted to have- short, personal and non religious- and Heidi was more than willing to accommodate. She was very responsive, easy to work with, punctual and we couldn't have asked for more. She truly made our ceremony everything that we wanted it to be. You will not regret choosing her! Do it!

Sent on 12/01/2017

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you Amanda! It is clear that you and Justin are best friends and have a lot of fun together. Wanting to mention your fur babies in your ceremony topped off the lighthearted mood. Cheers to you both!

Sarah · Married on 10/28/2017

Heidi was very sweet and interested in getting to know both my fiancé and I. She is very professional but has a way of showing you she really cares about you as a couple. She had some great ideas/games in getting to know my fiancé in a different light. We were both very pleased and we would highly recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Aww, thank you, Sarah! You and James put a lot into your assessments and were open to learning about each other in new ways. That's a great attitude for working on a successful marriage! Your day was beautiful and the boys did a great job with the sand ceremony. :) Wishing you the best always...

Rachel · Married on 10/14/2017

Heidi was absolutely wonderful to work with for our wedding! The ceremony she put together was so beautiful, special, and unique, and also very 'us' which was really important to me. It was literally everything my husband and I were hoping for. She has a very sincere, calm, and joyful demeanor that we appreciated and made our day so fun and special, and was so easy to work with in the planning process. Thank you, Heidi, for everything!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you, Rachel! I loved working with you and Will. You were both beaming during the ceremony and your giggles made it even more special. :) Will, the wooden arch you made was so beautiful, especially with your names carved into it. You are talented! I wish you both the best on your new life together.

Molly · Married on 10/14/2017

Working with Heidi was a wonderful experience. The way we worked with her was very collaborative which allowed us to create the perfect wedding ceremony for us. We appreciated her insights and guidance and felt at ease with her throughout the process, at our rehearsal and during the wedding ceremony. Our friends and family were impressed by her professionalism and warm personality. We are so thankful to have had Heidi as an integral part of our special day!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thanks for your review, Molly! It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Ira. You are a perfect match for each other and I am so excited for you both. :) The anniversary box Ira had made is beautiful and it will be fun to revisit your vows for years to come.

Ellie · Married on 10/14/2017

When we were looking for an officiant for our wedding, it was very important to us that we connected with them below just the surface and more on a personal level, and we're so happy to say that Heidi was that person for us! From our very first meeting Heidi was extremely personable and easy to get along with. You could tell she takes a lot of joy and pride in what she does, and she makes you feel special as a couple and really gets to know you and what your vision is. She was responsive throughout the whole process and was very organized. She worked with us every step of the way to personalize our vows and on the actual day of the wedding, we felt so comfortable and trusted her 100% and it went flawlessly. She was not "just an officiant", she was a very special part of our wedding journey and we appreciated how wonderful of a job she did for us!

Sent on 11/13/2017
    Heidi Gessner 5
    Heidi Gessner 6
    Heidi Gessner 7

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Ellie, you and Robbie were so easy and fun to work with! At your rehearsal I got to witness how much you both love your college buddies and all share a mutual love for UNC-A. How great is that?! I am so grateful I was a part of your big day. Here's to you two and a long and happy life together.

Amy · Married on 09/30/2017

Heidi was wonderful! We loved getting to know her and enjoyed her being able to share that knowledge of us during the ceremony. It was perfect!

Sent on 10/27/2017

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thanks, Amy. I'm so glad you two connected and I got to be a part of your big day! You and Colby balance each other out and 'get' one another, which was reflected in the vows you wrote, as well as our conversations. Congrats on a wonderful life together!

Mary · Married on 09/01/2017

We really enjoyed working with Heidi! She is very personable and helped us create a ceremony that was so "us". She helped make our wedding ceremony so meaningful and was very reliable and easy to communicate with. We definitely recommend her!

Sent on 10/15/2017
    Heidi Gessner 8

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thank you, MaryBeth! You and Don made it so much fun and you are a perfect match. Congrats. :-)

Brad · Married on 08/25/2017

Heidi was very receptive to our ideas about the ceremony and what we did and did not want to include. Overall, she crafted a very beautiful ceremony that was "us" and that our families also enjoyed. She was responsive, on-time, and professional. We would highly recommend her. Thanks for a great job, Heidi!

Sent on 09/20/2017

Heidi Gessner's reply:

Thanks you so much for your kind words, Brad! It was such a pleasure working with you and Amanda. It was great meeting the day before and meeting your family as well. I loved your plant ceremony and your personal vows to each other.

michelle · Married on 07/30/2017

Heidi was amazing. My husband and I loved working with her. She connected with us on a personal level. The service she created for our special day was amazing and really reflected our personalities. I can not say enough great things about Heidi!