Ceremonies by Alex

1090 Poplar Ridge Lane, Pinnacle NC 27043, Charlotte, NC 27043 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 17
  • Real Weddings 1

About Ceremonies by Alex

Hello and congratulations! I'm Alex Cheek, a wedding officiant based out of Pinnacle, North Carolina. I've officiated at over nine hundred marriage ceremonies since 1994, so I have plenty of experience in what makes an enjoyable ceremony. Though I'm an ordained Christian minister I perform both non-religious and religious weddings. Individuals with "ordinations" obtained over the internet cannot legally perform marriages in North Carolina and Virginia, so check your officiant's credentials! I aim to please every one of my clients, ensuring them from the first correspondence that you have a wedding officiant who is dedicated to ensuring you have exactly the kind of custom-written ceremony you desire. I've been a part of weddings of every kind imaginable, always ensuring the ceremony is both memorable and enjoyable for everyone there! Whether you have three people at your wedding or three hundred, you'll receive my full attention and care.

I have "run" countless rehearsals, and would be happy to assist you with that if you desire. Having spent years working in radio, I have a voice folks enjoy hearing, and one that never needs a microphone to be heard. My writing skills have always been praised for custom crafting ceremonies to fit the exact needs of the moment, and the exact wishes of my clients. Also, I've spent time acting on the stage, so I know a bit about how to deliver my "lines" with style and grace without upstaging the two real stars of the show--the couple getting married! You can watch me speak on a variety of wedding topics at my YouTube channel "Ceremonies By Alex." I regularly perform weddings in Spanish, and have performed portions of ceremonies in nine other languages.

I'm a firm believer in the KISS principle; keeping things simple is best, and I want the focus to be on the two people getting married. Having more "stuff" in your wedding is not going to make it that much better--you can't double your wedding budget and expect it will be twice as wonderful or twice as romantic, or that you will be twice as happy or (most importantly) that your marriage will be twice as good.

screen shot 2019 04 05 at 10 43 49 am 51 1058173

Videos 2 Videos

184 Reviews for Ceremonies by Alex

• Dan

Dan O'leary · Getting married on 01/06/2022

Wonderful Ceremony by Alex!

Alex and his family were kind enough to host our wedding at his family home in the later stages of the COIV-19 pandemic.

He gave us various options from which to choose from.

The wedding, although planned to be very informal, was enhanced by the grace and elegance not only afforded by the well-written verses but also by the kindness displayed by Alex and his family.

Sent on 06/28/2020
  • Erica

Erica Ahearne · Getting married on 10/16/2021

Amazing Officiant!

We just got married this Saturday in a tiny backyard wedding - and Alex made it so special! He was easy to work with, and sent a draft of the ceremony ahead of time (which was great). I would definitely recommend his services to any bride in the Charlotte area!

Sent on 08/18/2020

Award

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Ceremonies by Alex FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 157.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 100.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal?
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals?
    $ 95.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)?
    $ 30.00
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Ceremony Rehearsal
    Vow Renewal
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What services do you provide?
    Allow Couples' Own Vows
    Licensed
    Premarital Counseling
    Bilingual
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Pagan
    Presbyterian
    Quaker
    Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate?
    Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed?
    AL
    SC
    TN
    TX
    VA
  • What languages do you speak?
    English
    Spanish

Real Weddings

• 1090 Poplar Ridge Lane, Pinnacle NC 27043 Charlotte, NC, 27043 See on map
    336-485-4967 (Phone number)
    Location of (Ceremonies by Alex)