5000 Whitewater Center Parkway, Charlotte, NC 28214 Map · Phone number
Guest capacity 10 to 200
Availability Check your date

About U.S. National Whitewater Center

The U.S. National Whitewater Center (Whitewater Center) is an outdoor recreation facility right outside of Charlotte, North Carolina. The facility spans 1,300 acres with a multitude of forested areas that make for a natural, outdoor backdrop for any wedding.

Within the Whitewater Center facility, there are various spots to have your wedding and reception. South Ridge offers an amphitheatre-like space that is curved towards the alter and is nestled in the woodlands. The space offers a great deal of privacy and natural surrounds of trees, foliage, and fairy lights.

Have your reception at our adjacent Ridge Pavilion. This space offers seating for up to 200 guests and has natural features such as a large stone fireplace, large handmade farm tables which makes for an easily customizable space. Ridge Pavilion is open-air style and can be arranged in a large variety of ways to suit your seating layout.

Rental of the space includes farm tables with bech seating, additional round tables with ivory linens, ivory linen napkins, complimentary parking for all guests, male and female bathrooms, trash receptacles, two hours of event set-up, one hour of breakdown post event, a microphone, and more.

The Whitewater Center also offers in-house catering with a full culinary team with abilities to create customizable menus.

Please get in touch via the online inquiry form at: https://usnwc.org/group-outings-form/ or call directly at 704.391.3903 to further discuss your wedding at the Whitewater Center.

Follow U.S. National Whitewater Center on

Other couples have also viewed

• Homesteads Events @ Loray Mill
facility
usnwc wedding 9 51 188158

7 Reviews for U.S. National Whitewater Center

Asha · Married on 06/04/2011

We loved having our wedding reception at the Whitewater Center. Not only did we love it, but our guests did, as well! It's great because you can be outside and inside since there is a balcony that overlooks the rafters. We worked with Mikah, for over a year planning and making our reception unique and fun. She had great ideas and always responded to our questions in a timely fashion. They really transformed the look of the room all for us.

We also used their catering service. Their food is amazingly good. Our guests raved about that as well. Our favorite was the BBQ and mashed potatoes :)

Our guests loved the feel of it all and many want to go back! We were also able to do a zipline exit which was AWESOME! Thanks, WWC!!!!

Sent on 11/09/2011

Sarah · Married on 04/30/2011

I was MORE than satisfied with the services provided by the US National Whitewater Center for my wedding reception! From the very beginning of our planning, the staff was nothing short of amazing, helping us with every single detail-including ones I hadn't thought of! A member of the staff stayed in touch with me throughout the entire process and answered any and all questions that I had in a timely fashion. They allowed me to go in ahead of time and play with a table setting in order to determine how I wanted things to be set up on the day of the reception. They also were very helpful in finding a menu that both met my needs and was within my budget. The staff was also willing to be involved with any help needed during the set up on the day of. The day before the wedding I had some last minute changes that I requested and the staff accommodated me with no problems or concerns! The food was served buffet style. It was kept hot and fresh as long as people were eating and we definitely did not have issues with a shortage of food. The menu was exactly as I asked and was great! One guest said of the food: "Just wanted you to know that was the very best wedding food I have ever had!!!". I would have to agree with her! The center was willing to help us set up and coordinate any rentals that may be needed. We did use this option with the dance floor. The floor was in place and taken down for us without us having to worry about it at all. Throughout the night, I was constantly able to find my contact person and to have any changes I made that I saw were needed with no questions asked. My wedding reception was incredibly wonderful and I owe it all to the staff at the center! We rented the site out for the entire day and it was definitely the best value for our time that I was able to find---and I looked EVERYWHERE! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who is looking!

Sent on 05/11/2011

Melissa · Married on 10/10/2010

The Whitewater Center is a unique and beautiful site. The staff was wonderful. The price was also extremly fair. I worked with Mikah Leon the event planner she thought of evrything and worked with us all the way.

Sent on 10/17/2010

U.S. National Whitewater Center FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
    $ 1800
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
    $ 1800
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
    $ 5000
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
    $ 5000
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
    Chairs
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Parking
    Tables
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Campsite/Cabin
    Park
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Indoor
    Covered Outdoor
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer?
    Bar Services
    Catering Services
    Event Rentals
    Get Ready Rooms
    Pet Friendly
  • What catering services do you offer?
    Buffet
    Dessert
    Hors d'oeuvres
    Server(s)
  • What bar services do you provide?
    Bartender(s)
    Open Bar
    Specialty Beer
  • What event items are available?
    Audio Equipment
    Chairs
    Furniture
    Tables
  • What food and beverage items are available?
    Barware
    Flatware
    Glassware
    Linens
  • What transportation and access is available?
    Parking
  • What months are included in your peak season?
    April
    May
    June
    July
    August
    September
    October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season?
    January
    February
    March
    November
    December

• 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway Charlotte, NC, 28214 See on map
    Location of (U.S. National Whitewater Center)