The Gingerbread Meeting House

4.7 out of 5 rating
$6k - $7k For 100 Guests

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$6k - $7k For 100 Guests

The Gingerbread Meeting House is a rustic wedding venue located in Shelby, North Carolina. From the charm of the pergola to the scenic views, this property radiates a romantic atmosphere perfect for your milestone celebration. Couples will be supported throughout the planning process by the experienced team, helping them to make their vision a reality.

Facilities and Capacity

The Gingerbread Meeting House offers both indoor and outdoor venue options for an unforgettable ceremony and reception. They have two indoor rooms as well as a stunning 4,800-square-foot wooden pergola for a covered outdoor space. The venue can accommodate up to 500 guests, ideal for to-be-weds who have envisioned exchanging vows in front of all of their nearest and dearest. In addition to ceremonies and receptions, the property can also be used to host engagement parties and rehearsal dinners. The venue has ample parking available for your guests and is wheelchair accessible.

The Gingerbread Meeting House offers many services to support you as you work to make your dream wedding a reality. Various items of furniture are provided by the venue, including tables and chairs, in addition to chair covers, decor, linens, and a photo booth. Drapery is also available to help add some romantic charm to your event space. A photo booth can be set up, giving your guests a way to make fun keepsakes of the day. Couples can call on the in-house team, including the event planner and director, for support with setting up and cleaning up the venue.

Cuisine

The Gingerbread Meeting House provides the convenience of in-house catering as well as supplying all needed barware, china, flatware, glassware, and linens. They offer a wide variety of mouthwatering menu selections, from a themed buffet to hors d’oeuvres and carving stations. Couples can choose from a range of serving styles, including a classic plated meal or family-style dining. The venue also provides many in-house bar services for your special day, from a champagne or sparkling cider toast to signature drinks. Other beverages on offer include house beers and wines, as well as premium liquor. The experienced bartenders will be on hand to help the drinks flow smoothly.

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$4,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$4,000

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$4,000

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$4,000

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

Which of the following are included in the cost of wedding catering?

Cake Cutting
Dessert
Server(s)
Wedding Cake

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Champagne Toast

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Banquet Hall
Barn
Farm/Ranch
Garden
Religious

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Covered Outdoor
Uncovered Outdoor
Scenic Views

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)
Liquor License
Open Bar
Signature Drink
Specialty Beer

What event items are available?

Aisle Markers
Photo booth
Tables
Tents
Tent Accessories

What food and beverage items are available?

Barware
China
Flatware
Glassware
Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Shuttle
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January

4.6 out of 5 rating

Samantha R. Married on 06/18/2022
    5 out of 5 rating

Cosplay wedding

Everyone was very helpful that day to help make the day go smoothly. We had a blast and the decorations were above and beyond expectations.
  • Lauren
    Lauren G. Married on 06/12/2022
    5 out of 5 rating
      5.0 out of 5 rating

My June wedding at The Gingerbread Meeting House was amazing!

My husband and I recently got married at The Gingerbread Meeting House in June and it was an incredible experience!

Caroline, the venue coordinator, is amazing! She helped answer any questions we had, was very understanding when I didn’t always get her the information she needed on time, and she was easy to get a hold of. The day of coordinator (I’m not sure of her name) was also absolutely wonderful. She helped to make sure the day went smoothly and was extremely professional and helpful. She even helped to watch my toddler during the ceremony and he is super picky about who he will let hold him!

The day of my wedding was very hot and we initially planned to eat outside. After realizing how hot it was that day, my mom asked if we could move the tables back inside after the staff had already moved them outdoors. My wedding was very small, but I would’ve completely understood if the staff weren’t able to accommodate my request. I am SO thankful they agreed to move the tables back inside though! I was so incredibly grateful as I think everyone was happy we didn’t have to eat in the heat.

I was truly blown away by how professional everyone was and just what a great job the staff did. We even were given a nice basket with some items in it for us at the end of the night! The staff also put out a box where guests could put advice slips in. I wasn’t expecting that, and I’m so glad they thought to do that!

We are so glad we chose The Gingerbread Meeting House as the venue for our wedding. I cannot recommend them enough. The venue itself is absolutely beautiful too! Thank you so much to everyone at The Gingerbread Meeting House who had a part in giving us an amazing wedding day!
  • illustration stars

Team

Caroline Spangler
Caroline Spangler
Operator

Since I was a little girl, watching my mother's passion for the industry and for every couple who walked through our doors, I dreamed of doing this every day. I have always been highly creative and love getting to help with our clients' wedding planning process. I am so honored to have a job in our family business that allows me to work with couples to make their wedding day dreams come true.

Pink Warrior Makeup Artistry
4.8 out of 5 rating , 57 Reviews
· Wedding Hair & Makeup
Broad River Photography
5.0 out of 5 rating , 94 Reviews
· Wedding Photographers

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
1103 Washburn Switch Road Shelby, NC, 28150

Open for catering, events and appointments
Location of (The Gingerbread Meeting House)

Other vendors in Charlotte for your wedding

Wedding Venues