Other couples have also viewed:
4 Reviews for Trendy Acres
Recommended by 38% of couples
Lori · Married on 07/20/2002
Great place to have a ceremony, reception and dance! It is one our guest are still talking about. Very unique and entertaining! We didn't want to spend a lot on our wedding, and we got a million dollar wedding at a budget price.Sent on 11/12/2008
User3491055 · 2+ years ago
***Trendy Acres is set in a beautiful country setting. The barn is quite clean (for a barn) but it can get pretty hot and sweaty in there - they should have more fans to spread around. Everyone was all sweaty!Sent on 08/26/2013
**Here's the thing....both owners of this property are POLICE OFFICERS and really like to take their work (and attitude) home with them. The guests (myself included) were *watched* the entire evening. If you went for a walk, you were followed. If you went to your car, you were followed. You can't help but catch the *police attitude at all times. I don't understand what they were looking for - everyone was very well-behaved. If you are going to rent this place - you should consider how this effects the atmosphere of your wedding. The fun police are in FULL effect. The woman who runs the show was rude to the bride and myself as well as other guests. Even the catering staff was complaining about her!
All in all - its a beautiful setting for a ceremony/reception. However, I would never recommend this venue simply because of the owner/operators of the business. No one likes to be talked down to - especially on their special day. Dealing with these people is like one long traffic stop - do yourself a favor and avoid the police with attitudes!
User3499167 · 2+ years ago
what we liked: no farm equip, animals, pretty plants, no vendor restrictions & we could bring our own beer, wine and champ.Sent on 08/29/2013
We had several things that seemed unreasonable before and during our rental.
1. A last min change: no smoking on the entire grounds. Guests walked very far to their cars, & were chased down by the owners and told to stop. The guests offered to smoke IN their cars, but that was also unacceptable to the owner because someone at a previous party smoked weed. (we weren't!)
2. She decided we could not leave our rented linens at the barn due to "liability issues". This was last minute- as in a week before the wedding, after we had arranged the payment of delivery and pickup with the rental companies. This also severely limited our car's cargo space, and extended our clean up time. there was no warning or language regarding this.
3. We ordered cocktail tables, but she would not cover them because they were not hers. We had two uncovered tables at the reception.
4. She told my father to start cleaning up at 10pm when the contract said we have the place till 11pm. I was heartbroken to see my dad and guests tearing down at 10!
5. I saw a guest pick up poop so no one would step in it.
6. She accused a guest of intentionally breaking the soap dispenser! It's true that a guest broke via thumb BY ACCIDENT. because there was a pen under the sink, she said someone had intentionally stabbed it because it didn't work. She charged us for the replacement in full, and even said that she would't have charged us if it wasn't intentional! rude
7. She didn't let the DJ play the last song because it was slightly after 10:30. so much for memories..
Unfortunately for me, the memories that are supposed to be wonderful are crushed, and I'll never get them back. I feel horrible, angry and sad about how we were treated. I will be trying to forget her demeanor for a very long time. Please, for the sake of your memories, go somewhere else for your reception.