7163 Construction Court Suite B, San Diego, CA 92121 Map · Phone number

About The Wild Thyme Company

The Wild Thyme Company introduces an innovative approach and a fresh perspective to catering and special events throughout San Diego. Our fresh ingredients, culinary creativity, and customized design style enable us to bring each and every client's vision to life. Our goal is to combine our client's taste and the Wild Thyme touch to fashion the perfect occasion.

At the Wild Thyme Company, we strive to develop relationships that will last a lifetime. We believe in making ethical choices when it comes to our clients, our environment and our community. We challenge ourselves to handcraft cuisine that is both classic and trendsetting while always maintaining the highest standards of culinary excellence. We utilize sustainable products and practices and support local agriculture through enjoyment of seasonal options. Our talented staff is passionate about exceeding each client's expectations by creating one-of-a-kind experiences that will be enjoyed and remembered.

Services Offered:
* Custom Menu Design * Beverage Service * Tabletop Design * Floral Arrangements * Entertainment * Venue Partnerships * Daily Food Service * Staffing * Valet * Rental Equipment * And So Much More! *

Follow The Wild Thyme Company on

The Wild Thyme Company 7
  • Kris

Kris · Married on 03/16/2019

Delicious Food, Great Value, Flexible

We first contacted TWTC as they were listed as one of the approved caterers for our wedding venue (Martin Johnson House). We contacted 4 other caterers for initial quotes, but TWTC had the best value, awesome reviews, and on top of that, was also on our coordinator's preferred vendors list!

As catering was our largest expense, we wanted to stay within budget, and TWTC was flexible and worked with us to do so. We ended up going with a separate rental company for our table top rentals / other rentals, and TWTC was flexible with that as well. We wanted a wedding where everybody was full and happy (and not starving at the end of the night), and TWTC exceeded our expectations!

Our menu consisted of 5 hor d'oeuvres (my favorite was the Pancetta crisp with goat cheese mousse, bosc pear, lavender honey, and our guests LOVED the local scallop BLT), a grazing table of Artisan Cheeses, Caprese salad, plated dinners (Grilled Flat Iron Steak, Portobello Mushroom Wellington, Soy Glazed Salmon), and a late night snack (Quesadilla trios), which were ALL a hit with our guests! We also had pre-ceremony citrus water and a coffee & tea station and they provided some decor for the water and grazing tables. During cocktail hour, they also set aside 2 of each hor d'oeuvre for my new husband and I and had a server waiting for us with them as we finished up our family portraits!
    Guests also commented that the salmon was cooked to perfection with the right amount of tenderness, and that our salad looked super fancy.

Nobody was hungry at the end of the night, and I even heard that a few guests took home their left over steak, because it was just so big. Even I didn't finish my steak because I was just too full by the time I ate 3/4ths of it! And...I can eat a lot!!!

TWTC also cut and served our cake (without an extra fee), and provided the cake knife and server for us. Initially, I was planning on renting the cake knife/server, but Carrie (who we worked with at TWTC), took a look at our rentals list and let us know they could provide it for us instead, which was awesome! Every $ counts especially when our wedding was already over budget in other areas!

I also appreciated TWTC's flexibility. We had 2 vegan guests, and they were able to modify the vegetarian entree to vegan just for them and in addition keep the vegetarian entree vegetarian and not vegan for the vegetarian guests. Another nice thing is that you can pay by credit card, and they won't charge you an extra fee!

Everything flowed perfectly that day. Service was spectacular. You will not go wrong by hiring TWTC for your wedding or event!!! And you will stay within your catering budget!

Sent on 04/10/2019
    The Wild Thyme Company 8
    The Wild Thyme Company 9
    The Wild Thyme Company 10
    The Wild Thyme Company 11
  • Sarah

Sarah Frances · Married on 12/08/2018

The most amazing caterers in san diego!

The Wild Thyme Company has to be the BEST catering company in the San Diego area. We booked them for our wedding in La Jolla at the Martin Johnson House in early December 2018. We chose the WTC after many weeks of reading reviews on all of the major sites. Being from the SF Bay area, we weren't sure what to expect. After we communicated several times in early January 2018 with Jeana, one of the event managers, we knew we had the perfect match!! We knew that the food would be spectacular after we drove down to San Diego for our tasting in August at their business site but we were completely blown away that they could re-create the exact same incredible and sophisticated flavors on-site!!!! The FOOD IS AMAZING!!!! Many of our wedding guests are in the high end food industry and EVERYONE cannot stop talking about how great the food was! Their servers and bartender were just GREAT!! We had the meat and cheese displays to start during the sunset cocktail hour as well as tray passed hors d'oeuvres which included grilled lamp chop lollipop, mini chicken and waffles, grilled beef medallions, ahi poki tostadas, and strawberry burrata crostinis. These were ALL incredible!!! Next, we had a plated meal with either cabernet braised beef short ribs (to DIE for), lemon and herb roasted salmon (so delicate and cooked perfectly), or butternut squash risotto (creamy and delicious). Every single bite was delectable!!!

I worked closely with Esther, another WTC event manager who was just amazing to work with!! She was able to meet every one of our asks, and find us the best vendors for rentals that she arranged directly with the WTC so we didn't have to hassle with multiple deliveries and contracts. Esther was able to find everything we needed, down to the vintage dining wear to the dance floor to the light up cubes to the market lighting to the edible flowers for our signature cocktail!! This woman was FANTASTIC!! Communication was free flowing and on time. I seriously can't say enough great things about her and about the WTC. If you want the best, this is the team for you!!!! We are forever grateful to the WTC for making our dreams come true on our special wedding day!! Thank you, Jeana and Esther from the bottom of our hearts!!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Samantha · Married on 06/16/2018

I met the Wild Thyme catering company at a bridal expo. I was hesitant to approach because I knew I wanted a vegan wedding. They assured me that doing a vegan menu is totally doable! My partner and I were blown away at the tasting! They had completely customized the menu to really showcase vegetables (which is what I wanted) and the appetizers weren't just cheese and crackers... no they were tofu bahn mi sliders, spiced carrot soup shots, watermelon poke on a wonton crisp, etc. People could not stop raving about the food and that does not happen at every wedding, especially at a vegan wedding! I've attached the dinner menu for viewing as it's extensive. Overall, they've made my vegan wedding dreams come true (and it's not a vegan company).

As for the service and price, those were pretty on it as well. Communication was easy and the price was fair, especially for all we got. The servers were on it! I mean, I didn't even need to get up during the night because they brought me everything I needed. It was super helpful because my partner and I were so busy!

Overall, great company, great food, and great service! I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/20/2018

The Wild Thyme Company FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 95.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 80.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 90.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 45.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, Chairs, Tables, China, Linens, Flatware, Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 21.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? Bartender(s), Limited Bar, House Beer, House Wine, House Liquor
  • What catering services do you provide? Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, French Service, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? African, American, Asian, British, Cajun, Caribbean, Chinese, Ethiopian, French, German, Indian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s)
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs, Tables

• September 9ine Event House
    September 9ine Event House Wedding Planners

I had the privilege of working with The Wild Thyme Co. this past weekend at a wedding I was planning. They were an absolute pleasure to have on our team! I would choose them hands down for every event if I could. Across the board they get five stars. Their service was incredible, their food incredible, their professionalism incredible. The pre-planning was a breeze. My bride and groom had a blast at their tasting. The day of the wedding, I was running behind on setup and The Wild Thyme went above and beyond to help us get set up in time. I am indebted and grateful. When we put on an event, it's is like playing a team sport and on event day it's game time. Everything flows so beautifully when all your vendors are willing to help each other out to make sure it is a winning game for everyone. Hire them! You will not be disappointed.

• Nicole George Event Planning & Design
    Nicole George Event Planning & Design Wedding Planners

There isn't anything that I don't love about working with The Wild Thyme Company! I've worked with them for a few years now and they never disappoint. Not only is their food amazing, they are able to customize their menus for any couple, are friendly, and communicative. Love working with these guys!

• Sweet Cheeks Baking Company
    Sweet Cheeks Baking Company Wedding Cakes

YUM, YUM, YUM! Appetizers to entrees, the team at The Wild Thyme Company will rock your guests' world with amazing food & service. We were fortunate enough to create owner Dawn's wedding cake when we first started our business, and we have enjoyed every event since then when we get to work with her team. Freshness is key for us, and thankfully freshness is key for The Wild Thyme too - you will love them. Everyone who works here is a "FOODIE" and loves to create deliciousness - boy, can we relate there!

• 7163 Construction Court, Suite B San Diego, 92121 See on map