The Wild Thyme Company

San Diego, CA View map

The Wild Thyme Company introduces an innovative approach and a fresh perspective to catering and special events throughout San Diego. Our fresh ingredients, culinary creativity, and customized design style enable us to bring each and every client's vision to life. Our goal is to combine our client's taste and the Wild Thyme touch to fashion the perfect occasion.

At the Wild Thyme Company, we strive to develop relationships that will last a lifetime. We believe in making ethical choices when it comes to our clients, our environment and our community. We challenge ourselves to handcraft cuisine that is both classic and trendsetting while always maintaining the highest standards of culinary excellence. We utilize sustainable products and practices and support local agriculture through enjoyment of seasonal options. Our talented staff is passionate about exceeding each client's expectations by creating one-of-a-kind experiences that will be enjoyed and remembered.

Services Offered:
* Custom Menu Design * Beverage Service * Tabletop Design * Floral Arrangements * Entertainment * Venue Partnerships * Daily Food Service * Staffing * Valet * Rental Equipment * And So Much More! *

What is the average catering price per person for plated service?

$95.00

What is the average catering price per person for buffet service?

$80.00

What is the average catering price per person for stations?

$90.00

What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres?

$45.00

China
Linens
Flatware
Glassware

What is the starting price per person for bar service?

$21.00

Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service?

Bartender(s)
Limited Bar
House Beer
House Wine
House Liquor

What catering services do you provide?

Buffet
Plated
Server(s)
Stations
Tastings

What types of cuisine do you cater?

African
Southwestern
Spanish
Thai
Vietnamese

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
No Pork
Nut Free
Organic
Vegan
Vegetarian

What bar services do you provide?

Bartender(s)

Which of the following items can you provide?

Chairs
Tables

Which of the following items can you provide?

Barware
Linens

4.7

• Tyler
    Tyler K. Married on 07/19/2020

Top notch caterer that delivers from beginning to end

The Wild Thyme Company catered plated meals for our wedding at Scripps Seaside Forum. They were amazing to work with from the very beginning to the end.

During planning, the tasting process was easy and our sales consultant was patient at helping us dial in our menu preferences.

During venue walk through, the event coordinator from Wild Thyme was on point and had everything planned down to the minute.

On our wedding day, The Wild Thyme Company delivered amazing food and service for our guests. We received a lot of compliments on the food from our guests during and after the wedding. The captain also took care of us all night, making sure we were well fed and the food was prepared fresh for us when we had the best chance to eat in between being shuttled around through festivities.

I would choose them again to cater other events big and small.
    Masha Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing food and service!

Wild Thyme delivered the most exceptional food and service. We worked with Carrie the event and sales manger and her team who provided 5 star service all the way from the initial quote to the wedding dinner service. Carrie was so responsive, accommodating, had some great suggestions/advice and provided us with an attentive personalized experience. Wild Thyme’s food was the best wedding food we’ve ever had and even are foodie friends were and still talk about how good it was. The service staff was amazing as well and were just so incredibly nice and a pleasure to work with. I would hire Wild Thyme with Carrie and her team again in heart beat. Such a wonderful catering company, you really can’t go wrong!
  • Kris
    Kris Married on 03/16/2019

Delicious Food, Great Value, Flexible

We first contacted TWTC as they were listed as one of the approved caterers for our wedding venue (Martin Johnson House). We contacted 4 other caterers for initial quotes, but TWTC had the best value, awesome reviews, and on top of that, was also on our coordinator's preferred vendors list!

As catering was our largest expense, we wanted to stay within budget, and TWTC was flexible and worked with us to do so. We ended up going with a separate rental company for our table top rentals / other rentals, and TWTC was flexible with that as well. We wanted a wedding where everybody was full and happy (and not starving at the end of the night), and TWTC exceeded our expectations!

Our menu consisted of 5 hor d'oeuvres (my favorite was the Pancetta crisp with goat cheese mousse, bosc pear, lavender honey, and our guests LOVED the local scallop BLT), a grazing table of Artisan Cheeses, Caprese salad, plated dinners (Grilled Flat Iron Steak, Portobello Mushroom Wellington, Soy Glazed Salmon), and a late night snack (Quesadilla trios), which were ALL a hit with our guests! We also had pre-ceremony citrus water and a coffee & tea station and they provided some decor for the water and grazing tables. During cocktail hour, they also set aside 2 of each hor d'oeuvre for my new husband and I and had a server waiting for us with them as we finished up our family portraits!
    Guests also commented that the salmon was cooked to perfection with the right amount of tenderness, and that our salad looked super fancy.

Nobody was hungry at the end of the night, and I even heard that a few guests took home their left over steak, because it was just so big. Even I didn't finish my steak because I was just too full by the time I ate 3/4ths of it! And...I can eat a lot!!!

TWTC also cut and served our cake (without an extra fee), and provided the cake knife and server for us. Initially, I was planning on renting the cake knife/server, but Carrie (who we worked with at TWTC), took a look at our rentals list and let us know they could provide it for us instead, which was awesome! Every $ counts especially when our wedding was already over budget in other areas!

I also appreciated TWTC's flexibility. We had 2 vegan guests, and they were able to modify the vegetarian entree to vegan just for them and in addition keep the vegetarian entree vegetarian and not vegan for the vegetarian guests. Another nice thing is that you can pay by credit card, and they won't charge you an extra fee!

Everything flowed perfectly that day. Service was spectacular. You will not go wrong by hiring TWTC for your wedding or event!!! And you will stay within your catering budget!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Real Weddings

• Sarah & Chris
    76 photos · 09/28/2019

September 9ine Event House September 9ine Event House Wedding Planners

I had the privilege of working with The Wild Thyme Co. this past weekend at a wedding I was planning. They were an absolute pleasure to have on our team! I would choose them hands down for every event if I could. Across the board they get five stars. Their service was incredible, their food incredible, their professionalism incredible. The pre-planning was a breeze. My bride and groom had a blast at their tasting. The day of the wedding, I was running behind on setup and The Wild Thyme went above and beyond to help us get set up in time. I am indebted and grateful. When we put on an event, it's is like playing a team sport and on event day it's game time. Everything flows so beautifully when all your vendors are willing to help each other out to make sure it is a winning game for everyone. Hire them! You will not be disappointed.

Nicole George Event Planning & Design Nicole George Event Planning & Design Wedding Planners

There isn't anything that I don't love about working with The Wild Thyme Company! I've worked with them for a few years now and they never disappoint. Not only is their food amazing, they are able to customize their menus for any couple, are friendly, and communicative. Love working with these guys!

Sweet Cheeks Baking Company Sweet Cheeks Baking Company Wedding Cakes

YUM, YUM, YUM! Appetizers to entrees, the team at The Wild Thyme Company will rock your guests' world with amazing food & service. We were fortunate enough to create owner Dawn's wedding cake when we first started our business, and we have enjoyed every event since then when we get to work with her team. Freshness is key for us, and thankfully freshness is key for The Wild Thyme too - you will love them. Everyone who works here is a "FOODIE" and loves to create deliciousness - boy, can we relate there!

7163 Construction Court, Suite B San Diego, 92121
Location of (The Wild Thyme Company)

Other vendors in San Diego for your wedding