The Wild Thyme Company Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

• Tyler
    Tyler K. Married on 07/19/2020

Top notch caterer that delivers from beginning to end

The Wild Thyme Company catered plated meals for our wedding at Scripps Seaside Forum. They were amazing to work with from the very beginning to the end.

During planning, the tasting process was easy and our sales consultant was patient at helping us dial in our menu preferences.

During venue walk through, the event coordinator from Wild Thyme was on point and had everything planned down to the minute.

On our wedding day, The Wild Thyme Company delivered amazing food and service for our guests. We received a lot of compliments on the food from our guests during and after the wedding. The captain also took care of us all night, making sure we were well fed and the food was prepared fresh for us when we had the best chance to eat in between being shuttled around through festivities.

I would choose them again to cater other events big and small.
    Masha Married on 05/04/2019

Amazing food and service!

Wild Thyme delivered the most exceptional food and service. We worked with Carrie the event and sales manger and her team who provided 5 star service all the way from the initial quote to the wedding dinner service. Carrie was so responsive, accommodating, had some great suggestions/advice and provided us with an attentive personalized experience. Wild Thyme’s food was the best wedding food we’ve ever had and even are foodie friends were and still talk about how good it was. The service staff was amazing as well and were just so incredibly nice and a pleasure to work with. I would hire Wild Thyme with Carrie and her team again in heart beat. Such a wonderful catering company, you really can’t go wrong!
  • Kris
    Kris Married on 03/16/2019

Delicious Food, Great Value, Flexible

We first contacted TWTC as they were listed as one of the approved caterers for our wedding venue (Martin Johnson House). We contacted 4 other caterers for initial quotes, but TWTC had the best value, awesome reviews, and on top of that, was also on our coordinator's preferred vendors list!

As catering was our largest expense, we wanted to stay within budget, and TWTC was flexible and worked with us to do so. We ended up going with a separate rental company for our table top rentals / other rentals, and TWTC was flexible with that as well. We wanted a wedding where everybody was full and happy (and not starving at the end of the night), and TWTC exceeded our expectations!

Our menu consisted of 5 hor d'oeuvres (my favorite was the Pancetta crisp with goat cheese mousse, bosc pear, lavender honey, and our guests LOVED the local scallop BLT), a grazing table of Artisan Cheeses, Caprese salad, plated dinners (Grilled Flat Iron Steak, Portobello Mushroom Wellington, Soy Glazed Salmon), and a late night snack (Quesadilla trios), which were ALL a hit with our guests! We also had pre-ceremony citrus water and a coffee & tea station and they provided some decor for the water and grazing tables. During cocktail hour, they also set aside 2 of each hor d'oeuvre for my new husband and I and had a server waiting for us with them as we finished up our family portraits!
    Guests also commented that the salmon was cooked to perfection with the right amount of tenderness, and that our salad looked super fancy.

Nobody was hungry at the end of the night, and I even heard that a few guests took home their left over steak, because it was just so big. Even I didn't finish my steak because I was just too full by the time I ate 3/4ths of it! And...I can eat a lot!!!

TWTC also cut and served our cake (without an extra fee), and provided the cake knife and server for us. Initially, I was planning on renting the cake knife/server, but Carrie (who we worked with at TWTC), took a look at our rentals list and let us know they could provide it for us instead, which was awesome! Every $ counts especially when our wedding was already over budget in other areas!

I also appreciated TWTC's flexibility. We had 2 vegan guests, and they were able to modify the vegetarian entree to vegan just for them and in addition keep the vegetarian entree vegetarian and not vegan for the vegetarian guests. Another nice thing is that you can pay by credit card, and they won't charge you an extra fee!

Everything flowed perfectly that day. Service was spectacular. You will not go wrong by hiring TWTC for your wedding or event!!! And you will stay within your catering budget!
  • Sarah
    Sarah F. Married on 12/08/2018

The most amazing caterers in san diego!

The Wild Thyme Company has to be the BEST catering company in the San Diego area. We booked them for our wedding in La Jolla at the Martin Johnson House in early December 2018. We chose the WTC after many weeks of reading reviews on all of the major sites. Being from the SF Bay area, we weren't sure what to expect. After we communicated several times in early January 2018 with Jeana, one of the event managers, we knew we had the perfect match!! We knew that the food would be spectacular after we drove down to San Diego for our tasting in August at their business site but we were completely blown away that they could re-create the exact same incredible and sophisticated flavors on-site!!!! The FOOD IS AMAZING!!!! Many of our wedding guests are in the high end food industry and EVERYONE cannot stop talking about how great the food was! Their servers and bartender were just GREAT!! We had the meat and cheese displays to start during the sunset cocktail hour as well as tray passed hors d'oeuvres which included grilled lamp chop lollipop, mini chicken and waffles, grilled beef medallions, ahi poki tostadas, and strawberry burrata crostinis. These were ALL incredible!!! Next, we had a plated meal with either cabernet braised beef short ribs (to DIE for), lemon and herb roasted salmon (so delicate and cooked perfectly), or butternut squash risotto (creamy and delicious). Every single bite was delectable!!!

I worked closely with Esther, another WTC event manager who was just amazing to work with!! She was able to meet every one of our asks, and find us the best vendors for rentals that she arranged directly with the WTC so we didn't have to hassle with multiple deliveries and contracts. Esther was able to find everything we needed, down to the vintage dining wear to the dance floor to the light up cubes to the market lighting to the edible flowers for our signature cocktail!! This woman was FANTASTIC!! Communication was free flowing and on time. I seriously can't say enough great things about her and about the WTC. If you want the best, this is the team for you!!!! We are forever grateful to the WTC for making our dreams come true on our special wedding day!! Thank you, Jeana and Esther from the bottom of our hearts!!
    Samantha Married on 06/16/2018
    I met the Wild Thyme catering company at a bridal expo. I was hesitant to approach because I knew I wanted a vegan wedding. They assured me that doing a vegan menu is totally doable! My partner and I were blown away at the tasting! They had completely customized the menu to really showcase vegetables (which is what I wanted) and the appetizers weren't just cheese and crackers... no they were tofu bahn mi sliders, spiced carrot soup shots, watermelon poke on a wonton crisp, etc. People could not stop raving about the food and that does not happen at every wedding, especially at a vegan wedding! I've attached the dinner menu for viewing as it's extensive. Overall, they've made my vegan wedding dreams come true (and it's not a vegan company).

As for the service and price, those were pretty on it as well. Communication was easy and the price was fair, especially for all we got. The servers were on it! I mean, I didn't even need to get up during the night because they brought me everything I needed. It was super helpful because my partner and I were so busy!

Overall, great company, great food, and great service! I highly recommend!
    Lauren Married on 05/04/2018
    The Wild Thyme Company was simply amazing! The food was beyond amazing and we are still having our wedding guests rave about how good the food was! But beyond the quality of the food, the team was so helpful and caring throughout the entire planning process.

From the moment that we started looking at wedding caterers it was clear that The Wild Thyme Company was the best option, with so many menu options, and being able to customize it to our preferences. Being that I was a bride with dietary restrictions they were very helpful and reassuring that everything could be modified to work within my limitations, and I was not disappointed!

I would highly recommend this vendor if you are looking for simply amazing food and service!
    Shannen Married on 08/05/2017
    Accommodating from start to finish! The food was absolutely AMAZING!! Our guests commented that they have never tasted such a great and wide variety of food at a wedding! We had so many choices from hors d'oeuvres to dinner items. They also had menu items to accommodate gluten intolerant and vegan guests as well. I highly recommend this company!
    Katie Married on 10/15/2016
    Simply put, we could not envision our wedding day with out Jeanna and her team! We had very nontraditional needs - chicken and waffles, macaroni and cheese, and tacos were our wedding stations. When we originally brought this idea to the Wild Thyme they were nothing but supportive! We live in San Diego, but all our family is on the east coast. After selecting them they let us do an additional tasting six months later with my mother and mother-in-law so they could feel included in the wedding process!

Our wedding guests RAVED about the quality of the food, particular the flavor of the macaroni and cheese and how perfectly cooked the fried chicken were. The on site staff was wonderful and also made sure that my husband and I had food to eat! Catering is a large financial investment for a wedding and we were so happy that our guests were not just eating a piece of wedding chicken but having a culinary experience at our wedding!
    Natalie Married on 08/13/2016
    Simply amazing! Jeanna and her team at the Wild Thyme we fantastic to work with and served fantastic food for our wedding at the Darlington House. They are extremely accommodating and easy to work with. We had sangria at our cocktail hour which they were willing to mix a few days before and bring over for us and were also able to drop our off alcohol with them beforehand which they then brought over - so helpful! The food is delicious and unique, definitely not your typical wedding food. All of our guests were highly complimentary. Finally, the crew on site of waiters, bar tenders and cooks was extremely professional and helpful. They accommodated changes throughout the evening with grace and a smile. We couldn't have been more happy with Wild Thyme!
    Taryn Married on 04/08/2016
    My fiance and I met with Jeanna for our first tasting in April 2015. The experience was exceptional - the food was delicious, Jeanna and the staff were very accommodating to our critiques and opinions. We had changes to our initial menu selections and had a second tasting in June 2015 to confirm our choices. Jeanna and the Wild Thyme staff were very welcoming and, again, the food was delicious! Our menu consists of the following items. Hors d'oeuvres: seared ahi tostadas, surf & turf skewers, classic mini meatballs, hoisin grilled salmon. Station #1 Dim Sum & Sushi - steam buns, pot stickers, lumpia, yakitori skewers, sushi. Station #2 Sliders - kobe beef slider, vegetarian slider, roasted beet salad, truffle french fries. Station #3 Street Tacos - carne asada, grilled fish, grilled nopales. And last but not least... dessert. They were able to take our special request and make churros for dessert (along with 3 dipping sauces)! Wild Thyme is very flexible with their menu options and we loved the variety they have to offer! We are looking forward to having their delicious food at our wedding in April 2016!
  • Melissa
    Melissa Married on 10/03/2015
    My husband and I would like to personally thank Michael Beers and crew at Kohls Ranch Lodge in Payson, AZ for their amazing help with our wedding. Michael, you have been so amazing and helpful throughout this whole year of wedding planning and have been on top of the game with menu changes and any other questions/concerns we might have had throughout the planning process. You have been there by our side since day one and we can't appreciate you more for that! Thank you SO much for all you and your team have done for us to make our wedding weekend so very memorable!!!!!
    Holly Married on 05/02/2015
    We LOVED working with Wild Thyme Company! The food was AMAZING, the service was professional and they were so accommodating! I worked directly with Jeanna and she was AWESOME! She was so helpful throughout the planning process and gave me great suggestions on how to make the food for our wedding perfect. She helped me put together a perfect menu within our budget and I would recommend Wild Thyme Catering to anyone and everyone! Usually, wedding food os forgettable, but the food from Wild Thyme was seriously so good! We had many people come up to us and tell us that the food was delish! Success! We had a macaroni and cheese bar and it was such a hit along with everything else!
  • User2077804 2+ years ago
    Absolutely amazing. Wonderful staff and wonderful food! Every question I had was answered almost instantly!
    Lia Married on 10/25/2013
    WOW! Talk about going above and beyond. Stacy from Wild Thyme is unreal! When I started planning my wedding I had no idea where to start. I got the venue, the church the dress and needed everything else. I turned to good ol' Yelp to see what the people had to say. That led me to The Wild Thyme Company.

Stacy was just amazing. She could see that I was completely clueless about this wedding stuff and totally helped pull things together. She referred me to my wonderful wedding planner Hannah Smith, helped me decide on a color scheme for the tables and knew all the vendors. Once we went in for our menu tasting I knew they were going to be our caterer. Not only was the food fabulous, but Stacy really did help me stay on budget for catering.

Everyone at the wedding LOVED the food. We received several comments on how awesome our hors d'oeuvres were and how delicious the cheese and meats were. We did a simple buffet and the staff were helpful and organized during the dinner and cake cutting. We simply could not have asked for more.
    Sam Married on 08/03/2013
    My wife and I had Wild Thyme cater our 121 person wedding, including plated meal, cupcakes, linens, and placewear. They were PERFECT. Stacy Egusa was amazing to work with: even on her vacation she would respond to emails within hours. The food was absolutely awesome, they were very flexible with some guests with strange dietary considerations, and for our cupcakes, they recreated my wife's favorite childhood recipe specifically for her. We were able to negotiate on the price, which we found to be fair, and there were a number of extras that we appreciated (such as a water station for the outdoor ceremony). Simply could not have been better, and you will not find anything of higher quality in San Diego.
  • User1283810 2+ years ago
    I spent a lot of time researching different caterers since this is where a large portion of our wedding budget would be spent. We worked with Stacy and she truly was amazing! She understood what we wanted and was able to work within our budget. The food was delicious (the lobster macaroni and cheese balls were a hit!) and the rest of the staff was friendly, prompt, and professional!
    Caroline Married on 06/08/2013
    The food was amazing, the team was great and the whole event was perfect.

We had three passed appetizers during the happy hour, followed by three food stations. Our venue and intent was to have a really fun party with plenty of food, rather than have the feel of a formal dinner. People could grab small plates, sit, socialize and then hit up another station and talk to more people. It was great for a wedding with lots of fun family and friends who all wanted to mingle and talk!

The stations were great. Jeanna really took our input but gave a lot of her own (which we wanted! She's the professional!). We ended up with a street taco station with chicken and carnitas, an ancho-chilli steak station with amazing green salad and a paella station, which was off the hook.

The serving team was great. A highlight were the bartenders, who served drinks fast and strong. I highly recommend buying the "bar package," which is everything but the alcohol. This includes cups, mixers, ice, etc. We wanted to have margaritas and mojitos so WT included simple syrup, mint, limes and salt.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the 22% service charge that does NOT include any gratuity to the serving staff. While I appreciate that WT is very straight-forward and doesn't have any hidden costs, it seems a little ridiculous to have the charge and the waiters paid $20-25/hour but know that no gratuity is included. My sister worked catering and I've had by-the-hour jobs and I KNOW that the waiters do not see the full $20-25. The bill is already expensive and we did tip on top of it (of course), but it seems a bit much. But I guess that's the business of catering.

Also, Jeanna is out of the office on Mondays and Tuesdays and she was sometimes a little slower answering her emails than she said she would be BUT as the event got closer, she was much quicker in responding which makes sense since closer events have higher priority.
    Joseph Married on 09/03/2011
    Fresh organic and creative cuisine. Gourmet taste and presentation without breaking the bank. Yes, it's possible. A large portion of your budget is spent on food, and most weddings I've been to offered up bland and boring options.

The food has great flavors but also the presentation is beautiful and colorful. I could go on and on, but do yourself and favor and book a tasting. It will be enough to convince you to go with Wyld Thyme. Stacy was our point person and we can't say enough about her as well. They just went above and beyond from letting us store our items in their warehouse, to decorating our cake, to lending us centerpieces for our tables...our wedding was special because they were a part of it.
    Danielle Married on 08/28/2011
    We hired Wild Thyme to cater our wedding and they exceeded our already high expectations! We worked with Jeanna and she is absolutely amazing. From our first meeting she was so personable and organized and really listened to what we wanted. They have a huge menu to choose from and we were able to select so many delicious options to make sure we had something for everyone. We had two tastings and Jeanna even helped us create some original hors d'oeuvres to fit our preferences. We were able to stay within our budget and the food was indescribably delicious. Everything was hot and fresh and all of our guests raved that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. The displays were also gorgeous and the staff was so friendly and professional. Everyone got their food and drinks quickly and there was plenty to go around. I couldn't have been happier with Wild Thyme and hope I can find an excuse to use them again in the future.
    Erin Married on 08/27/2011
    Everything was beyond amazing!
    Becky Married on 04/10/2011
    I worked with Stacy at Wild Thyme. She was so helpful and had great ideas. I had looked at other caterers for my wedding but when I told them what I wanted to do for my brunch reception, the others recommended different food items which weren't what I envisioned. Stacy listened to my ideas and made suggestions, giving me options--while staying within my budget. The presentation and quality of the food was great and I received a lot of compliments on the food. The only tiny complaint I had from a couple friends, was that by the time they got through the buffet line, all the bacon was gone! LOL. WT was also able to do my wedding cake, which turned out beautiful!

I planned our wedding in 12 weeks, and I know I couldn't have done it without Stacy's help. She was always reassuring and I really trusted her which kept me from becoming completely neurotic during the whole process (not to say that I wasn't neurotic at times). She was present throughout the reception, which gave me additional confidence that everything was under control.

I would not hesitate to recommend The Wild Thyme to others!

The Wild Thyme Company's reply:

Thank you so much!!! It was so fun to plan a wedding that was unique like yours and we are so happy that you loved the cake!! Congratulations!!!
  • Mama Kain
    Betsy Married on 10/30/2010
    The Wild Thyme Company is an amazing catering wedding resource. My daughter’s 10/30/10 wedding at the Coronado Community Center was spectacular thanks to their capable execution and service.

From the initial contact, Stacy Agusa was professional, exuberant and thorough. Stacy’s initiative to secure our business by understanding the vision was evident right away. She had Groom Jesse from the first tasting. She won the BRIDE and MOB (me) with her bottom line negotiations employed without sacrificing an ounce of quality. Stacy made the process seamless. Her command of details confidently included all aspects of the wedding process.

Three entrees were chosen with great difficulty. Everything prepared and sampled by Wild Thyme’s master chef was wonderful. The Wild Thyme’s caliber meets and/or beats the best dining experience in San Diego. Our guests described the Grilled Filet Mignon as “melts in your mouth”; the Wild Thyme Lemon Roasted Chicken as “really tasty” and the Vegetarian Portobello Mushroom Wellington as “incredible”. The Wild Thyme staff provided fine service. Under Stacy’s leadership, every detail (setting the cocktail Patio and Reception Room, executing the meal process) was nailed. Every request was met with an “absolutely, we can do that.”spirit. Throughout the process, collaborating with Stacy and The Wild Thyme was pure pleasure. The WOW factor was clearly heard by all our guests when the doors were opened. Stacy worked in tandem with our Wedding Coordinator, Cake Lady, DJ, Facility Staff, etc… to deliver the best wedding experience imaginable! It was the first time the many of the players had joined forces but surely won’t be the last.

THANK YOU Stacy and The Wild Thyme Company!!
    Michelle Married on 10/10/2010
    I cannot say enough about Stacy and Wild Thyme. We worked together for a menu that made sense for what we wanted for our day and what we could afford. At every turn, I felt supported and collaborative. We even had them do our cupcakes and mini wedding cake, which were equally beautiful and delicious. Everyone raves about how great the food was, especially the lobster mac and cheese and grilled cheese station. We loved the servers that came, too. Everyone we dealt with was chill and professional. Perfect!
  • Thumbelina
    Thumbelina Married on 05/01/2010
    Not only very professional, friendly and willing to work with your budget, but Wild Thyme's food is amazing. Fresh and delicious, and beautifully presented. Highly recommended.
    Courtney Married on 04/01/2011
    Truly- I have nothing but good things to say about WTC. I originally contacted multiple catering companies to cater my rehearsal dinner and only got a few responses back. I chose WTC based on positive reviews on another site and was happy when I got a cheerful reply from Stacy. She was very responsive to my multiple questions and flexible with some of our requests. The entire process picking the menu, tasting and making final arrangements was very easy and enjoyable. When you're planning a wedding, you have SO many things to figure out, but Stacy just took over and I didn't need to do anything!

On the day of the party, Stacy and team showed up right on time and got right to work. I supplied decor and they arranged everything so beautifully. I got TONS of compliments on the food and (very importantly) on how great the servers/bartenders were. I am beyond delighted with the company and not only recommend them to anyone planning a party/wedding/cocktail party, but I hope I have a reason to use them again! Well done Wild Thyme!! Thank you for making our party such a success!