27 Reviews for The Wild Thyme Company

Organic (1)
Vegan (1)
Bartender(s) (1)
27 The Wild Thyme Company Reviews

Pretty much everything about this company was great, just a few minor communication delays was all that was negative. The staff and coordinators were very personal and easy to talk to. The food menu options were diverse and with the option to custom make a menu, that was even more amazing! The food was absolutely delicious and presented beautifully, guest said it was the best wedding food they've ever had. They were able to provide other wedding items like decor and lighting with collaborative vendors which made the entire process much easier and efficient. I would definitely recommend The Wild Thyme Company for a catering or wedding event!

Profile Picture Karissa, 7/21/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Buffet, Cake, Cake Cutting, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, American, Asian, French, Italian, Local, Mexican, Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, Lactose Free

I met the Wild Thyme catering company at a bridal expo. I was hesitant to approach because I knew I wanted a vegan wedding. They assured me that doing a vegan menu is totally doable! My partner and I were blown away at the tasting! They had completely customized the menu to really showcase vegetables (which is what I wanted) and the appetizers weren't just cheese and crackers... no they were tofu bahn mi sliders, spiced carrot soup shots, watermelon poke on a wonton crisp, etc. People could not stop raving about the food and that does not happen at every wedding, especially at a vegan wedding! I've attached the dinner menu for viewing as it's extensive. Overall, they've made my vegan wedding dreams come true (and it's not a vegan company).

As for the service and price, those were pretty on it as well. Communication was easy and the price was fair, especially for all we got. The servers were on it! I mean, I didn't even need to get up during the night because they brought me everything I needed. It was super helpful because my partner and I were so busy!

Overall, great company, great food, and great service! I highly recommend!

Profile Picture Samantha , 6/16/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering

The Wild Thyme Company was simply amazing! The food was beyond amazing and we are still having our wedding guests rave about how good the food was! But beyond the quality of the food, the team was so helpful and caring throughout the entire planning process.

From the moment that we started looking at wedding caterers it was clear that The Wild Thyme Company was the best option, with so many menu options, and being able to customize it to our preferences. Being that I was a bride with dietary restrictions they were very helpful and reassuring that everything could be modified to work within my limitations, and I was not disappointed!

I would highly recommend this vendor if you are looking for simply amazing food and service!

Profile Picture Lauren, 5/4/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

Accommodating from start to finish! The food was absolutely AMAZING!! Our guests commented that they have never tasted such a great and wide variety of food at a wedding! We had so many choices from hors d'oeuvres to dinner items. They also had menu items to accommodate gluten intolerant and vegan guests as well. I highly recommend this company!

Profile Picture shannen, 8/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: Chairs, Tables, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings

Simply put, we could not envision our wedding day with out Jeanna and her team! We had very nontraditional needs - chicken and waffles, macaroni and cheese, and tacos were our wedding stations. When we originally brought this idea to the Wild Thyme they were nothing but supportive! We live in San Diego, but all our family is on the east coast. After selecting them they let us do an additional tasting six months later with my mother and mother-in-law so they could feel included in the wedding process!

Our wedding guests RAVED about the quality of the food, particular the flavor of the macaroni and cheese and how perfectly cooked the fried chicken were. The on site staff was wonderful and also made sure that my husband and I had food to eat! Catering is a large financial investment for a wedding and we were so happy that our guests were not just eating a piece of wedding chicken but having a culinary experience at our wedding!

Profile Picture Katie, 10/15/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Simply amazing! Jeanna and her team at the Wild Thyme we fantastic to work with and served fantastic food for our wedding at the Darlington House. They are extremely accommodating and easy to work with. We had sangria at our cocktail hour which they were willing to mix a few days before and bring over for us and were also able to drop our off alcohol with them beforehand which they then brought over - so helpful! The food is delicious and unique, definitely not your typical wedding food. All of our guests were highly complimentary. Finally, the crew on site of waiters, bar tenders and cooks was extremely professional and helpful. They accommodated changes throughout the evening with grace and a smile. We couldn't have been more happy with Wild Thyme!

Profile Picture Natalie, 8/13/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

My fiance and I met with Jeanna for our first tasting in April 2015. The experience was exceptional - the food was delicious, Jeanna and the staff were very accommodating to our critiques and opinions. We had changes to our initial menu selections and had a second tasting in June 2015 to confirm our choices. Jeanna and the Wild Thyme staff were very welcoming and, again, the food was delicious! Our menu consists of the following items. Hors d'oeuvres: seared ahi tostadas, surf & turf skewers, classic mini meatballs, hoisin grilled salmon. Station #1 Dim Sum & Sushi - steam buns, pot stickers, lumpia, yakitori skewers, sushi. Station #2 Sliders - kobe beef slider, vegetarian slider, roasted beet salad, truffle french fries. Station #3 Street Tacos - carne asada, grilled fish, grilled nopales. And last but not least... dessert. They were able to take our special request and make churros for dessert (along with 3 dipping sauces)! Wild Thyme is very flexible with their menu options and we loved the variety they have to offer! We are looking forward to having their delicious food at our wedding in April 2016!

Profile Picture Taryn, 4/8/16, 12 Reviews
Category: Catering
Services Used: American, Asian, Mexican, Vegetarian, Dessert, Hors d'oeuvres, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Bartender(s)

My husband and I would like to personally thank Michael Beers and crew at Kohls Ranch Lodge in Payson, AZ for their amazing help with our wedding. Michael, you have been so amazing and helpful throughout this whole year of wedding planning and have been on top of the game with menu changes and any other questions/concerns we might have had throughout the planning process. You have been there by our side since day one and we can't appreciate you more for that! Thank you SO much for all you and your team have done for us to make our wedding weekend so very memorable!!!!!

Profile Picture Melissa, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We recently used The Wild Thyme for to cater our wedding reception. We were very happy with the food and the service we received on our big day. Also, leading up to our event there was much back and forth as we worked out the details of the final catering contract - which included food, linens, and a desert bar. This was our first big event (ie, wedding), so we were a little surprised by how quickly things add up when catered for a wedding (versus just a large party), but after much research we realized that is par for the course when it comes to finding a caterer for a wedding. I was able to sample Wild Thyme's food ahead of time - and it was really superb! Glad that i did, because I was just too busy at my wedding reception (as the bride) to eat as much of their fabulous menu as I would've liked. Looking back I wish we would've asked for a takeaway meal packaged at the end of the night to take with us! We had a street taco station, as well as a sliders station - each had multiple meat or fish options as well as a side salad - and all our guests seemed very happy with the food. It was presented very nicely too - and the server staff were all very professional when they served our guests.

Profile Picture M., 10/2/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

We LOVED working with Wild Thyme Company! The food was AMAZING, the service was professional and they were so accommodating! I worked directly with Jeanna and she was AWESOME! She was so helpful throughout the planning process and gave me great suggestions on how to make the food for our wedding perfect. She helped me put together a perfect menu within our budget and I would recommend Wild Thyme Catering to anyone and everyone! Usually, wedding food os forgettable, but the food from Wild Thyme was seriously so good! We had many people come up to us and tell us that the food was delish! Success! We had a macaroni and cheese bar and it was such a hit along with everything else!

Profile Picture holly, 5/2/15, 7 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was amazing. There was only one small problem (out fault) and they were very quick to take care of it and cater to our needs. :)

Profile Picture User4899548, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering

Absolutely amazing. Wonderful staff and wonderful food! Every question I had was answered almost instantly!

Profile Picture User4023318, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was absolutely amazing, and all of the staff who worked at our wedding were gracious and lovely to work with. We worked with Rebecca who was so helpful and awesome from the very beginning.

Profile Picture Paloma, 12/24/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

WOW! Talk about going above and beyond. Stacy from Wild Thyme is unreal! When I started planning my wedding I had no idea where to start. I got the venue, the church the dress and needed everything else. I turned to good ol' Yelp to see what the people had to say. That led me to The Wild Thyme Company.

Stacy was just amazing. She could see that I was completely clueless about this wedding stuff and totally helped pull things together. She referred me to my wonderful wedding planner Hannah Smith, helped me decide on a color scheme for the tables and knew all the vendors. Once we went in for our menu tasting I knew they were going to be our caterer. Not only was the food fabulous, but Stacy really did help me stay on budget for catering.

Everyone at the wedding LOVED the food. We received several comments on how awesome our hors d'oeuvres were and how delicious the cheese and meats were. We did a simple buffet and the staff were helpful and organized during the dinner and cake cutting. We simply could not have asked for more.

Profile Picture Lia, 10/25/13, 3 Reviews
1.0

Well at first this was my favorite vendor, however the day of was a disaster. Stacy, the women who convinced me to choose them since I wouldn't need a day of coordinator, emailed me at 8pm the night before telling me she wouldn't be coming. She didn't even have the decency to call. I spent an hour crying in the closet. The list of things that went wrong is long, I think if Stacy was there it would have been okay. Here is the sum of it: First of all they ran out of food and 1/3 of the people didn't get to eat anything but potatoes. The steak was suppose to be medium rare slices and instead it was chunks of rubber that nobody could eat. The week after my wedding everyone had something bad to say about the caterer, including how bad the food was. They also cleared the plates backwards so the people who just got there food were getting plates taken away and the guests who ate first had dirty dishes in front of them for a very long time. My father said a guest offered to help clear. One waitress spilled red wine on my dress and just said 'oh sorry.' At the cocktail hour they ran out of dips and than finally replaced them but had no crackers so nobody could eat the dip. The tasting was so far off of reality. They also rented the wrong color napkins, which we had gone over so many times. They didn't put out a lot of decor including the pillows, all the bathroom stuff and more. I am really disappointed with them. I was so happy to be using them and they really ruined the day. I am still happy about my wedding because in the end I am married but no thanks to them. They did refund me a few thousand dollars but of course I rather have had my guest eat. We definitely got the C crew for the night. I have read other reviews and they are outstanding so I think they just dropped the ball on my wedding. I LOVED all my other vendors!

Profile Picture Ariel, 9/28/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

My wife and I had Wild Thyme cater our 121 person wedding, including plated meal, cupcakes, linens, and placewear. They were PERFECT. Stacy Egusa was amazing to work with: even on her vacation she would respond to emails within hours. The food was absolutely awesome, they were very flexible with some guests with strange dietary considerations, and for our cupcakes, they recreated my wife's favorite childhood recipe specifically for her. We were able to negotiate on the price, which we found to be fair, and there were a number of extras that we appreciated (such as a water station for the outdoor ceremony). Simply could not have been better, and you will not find anything of higher quality in San Diego.

Profile Picture Sam, 8/3/13, 1 Review
Category: Catering

We could not have been happier with the excellent food and service Wild Thyme provided for our wedding!

From the beginning, Jeanna and crew seemed to go out of their way to help us achieve our vision. We wanted a "Puerto Rican flare," and for our tasting, they actually sought out a Puerto Rican market to get some more obscure spices and flavors to incorporate. We were already impressed at the tasting, but the food on the day of (we heard the pork was marinated for two whole days) was amazing. We also created five specialty cocktails and gave them all fun names, and WT was perfectly willing to accommodate this. They provided great bartenders and excellent drinks as well!

We got lots of compliments from our guests about how delicious the food was, and also how friendly all the staff were as they served guests at the wedding. This is really a top notch crew with great chefs who are willing to go above and beyond!

Profile Picture Julie, 7/27/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

I spent a lot of time researching different caterers since this is where a large portion of our wedding budget would be spent. We worked with Stacy and she truly was amazing! She understood what we wanted and was able to work within our budget. The food was delicious (the lobster macaroni and cheese balls were a hit!) and the rest of the staff was friendly, prompt, and professional!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/6/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

The food was amazing, the team was great and the whole event was perfect.

We had three passed appetizers during the happy hour, followed by three food stations. Our venue and intent was to have a really fun party with plenty of food, rather than have the feel of a formal dinner. People could grab small plates, sit, socialize and then hit up another station and talk to more people. It was great for a wedding with lots of fun family and friends who all wanted to mingle and talk!

The stations were great. Jeanna really took our input but gave a lot of her own (which we wanted! She's the professional!). We ended up with a street taco station with chicken and carnitas, an ancho-chilli steak station with amazing green salad and a paella station, which was off the hook.

The serving team was great. A highlight were the bartenders, who served drinks fast and strong. I highly recommend buying the "bar package," which is everything but the alcohol. This includes cups, mixers, ice, etc. We wanted to have margaritas and mojitos so WT included simple syrup, mint, limes and salt.

I wasn't the biggest fan of the 22% service charge that does NOT include any gratuity to the serving staff. While I appreciate that WT is very straight-forward and doesn't have any hidden costs, it seems a little ridiculous to have the charge and the waiters paid $20-25/hour but know that no gratuity is included. My sister worked catering and I've had by-the-hour jobs and I KNOW that the waiters do not see the full $20-25. The bill is already expensive and we did tip on top of it (of course), but it seems a bit much. But I guess that's the business of catering.

Also, Jeanna is out of the office on Mondays and Tuesdays and she was sometimes a little slower answering her emails than she said she would be BUT as the event got closer, she was much quicker in responding which makes sense since closer events have higher priority.

Profile Picture Caroline, 6/8/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering

Fresh organic and creative cuisine. Gourmet taste and presentation without breaking the bank. Yes, it's possible. A large portion of your budget is spent on food, and most weddings I've been to offered up bland and boring options.

The food has great flavors but also the presentation is beautiful and colorful. I could go on and on, but do yourself and favor and book a tasting. It will be enough to convince you to go with Wyld Thyme. Stacy was our point person and we can't say enough about her as well. They just went above and beyond from letting us store our items in their warehouse, to decorating our cake, to lending us centerpieces for our tables...our wedding was special because they were a part of it.

Profile Picture Joseph, 9/3/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering

We hired Wild Thyme to cater our wedding and they exceeded our already high expectations! We worked with Jeanna and she is absolutely amazing. From our first meeting she was so personable and organized and really listened to what we wanted. They have a huge menu to choose from and we were able to select so many delicious options to make sure we had something for everyone. We had two tastings and Jeanna even helped us create some original hors d'oeuvres to fit our preferences. We were able to stay within our budget and the food was indescribably delicious. Everything was hot and fresh and all of our guests raved that it was the best food they have ever had at a wedding. The displays were also gorgeous and the staff was so friendly and professional. Everyone got their food and drinks quickly and there was plenty to go around. I couldn't have been happier with Wild Thyme and hope I can find an excuse to use them again in the future.

Profile Picture Danielle, 8/28/11, 9 Reviews
Category: Catering

Everything was beyond amazing!

Profile Picture Erin, 8/27/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

I worked with Stacy at Wild Thyme. She was so helpful and had great ideas. I had looked at other caterers for my wedding but when I told them what I wanted to do for my brunch reception, the others recommended different food items which weren't what I envisioned. Stacy listened to my ideas and made suggestions, giving me options--while staying within my budget. The presentation and quality of the food was great and I received a lot of compliments on the food. The only tiny complaint I had from a couple friends, was that by the time they got through the buffet line, all the bacon was gone! LOL. WT was also able to do my wedding cake, which turned out beautiful!

I planned our wedding in 12 weeks, and I know I couldn't have done it without Stacy's help. She was always reassuring and I really trusted her which kept me from becoming completely neurotic during the whole process (not to say that I wasn't neurotic at times). She was present throughout the reception, which gave me additional confidence that everything was under control.

I would not hesitate to recommend The Wild Thyme to others!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Becky, 4/10/11, 2 Reviews
Category: Catering

Truly- I have nothing but good things to say about WTC. I originally contacted multiple catering companies to cater my rehearsal dinner and only got a few responses back. I chose WTC based on positive reviews on another site and was happy when I got a cheerful reply from Stacy. She was very responsive to my multiple questions and flexible with some of our requests. The entire process picking the menu, tasting and making final arrangements was very easy and enjoyable. When you're planning a wedding, you have SO many things to figure out, but Stacy just took over and I didn't need to do anything!

On the day of the party, Stacy and team showed up right on time and got right to work. I supplied decor and they arranged everything so beautifully. I got TONS of compliments on the food and (very importantly) on how great the servers/bartenders were. I am beyond delighted with the company and not only recommend them to anyone planning a party/wedding/cocktail party, but I hope I have a reason to use them again! Well done Wild Thyme!! Thank you for making our party such a success!

Profile Picture courtney, 4/1/11, 1 Review
Category: Catering

The Wild Thyme Company is an amazing catering wedding resource. My daughter’s 10/30/10 wedding at the Coronado Community Center was spectacular thanks to their capable execution and service.

From the initial contact, Stacy Agusa was professional, exuberant and thorough. Stacy’s initiative to secure our business by understanding the vision was evident right away. She had Groom Jesse from the first tasting. She won the BRIDE and MOB (me) with her bottom line negotiations employed without sacrificing an ounce of quality. Stacy made the process seamless. Her command of details confidently included all aspects of the wedding process.

Three entrees were chosen with great difficulty. Everything prepared and sampled by Wild Thyme’s master chef was wonderful. The Wild Thyme’s caliber meets and/or beats the best dining experience in San Diego. Our guests described the Grilled Filet Mignon as “melts in your mouth”; the Wild Thyme Lemon Roasted Chicken as “really tasty” and the Vegetarian Portobello Mushroom Wellington as “incredible”. The Wild Thyme staff provided fine service. Under Stacy’s leadership, every detail (setting the cocktail Patio and Reception Room, executing the meal process) was nailed. Every request was met with an “absolutely, we can do that.”spirit. Throughout the process, collaborating with Stacy and The Wild Thyme was pure pleasure. The WOW factor was clearly heard by all our guests when the doors were opened. Stacy worked in tandem with our Wedding Coordinator, Cake Lady, DJ, Facility Staff, etc… to deliver the best wedding experience imaginable! It was the first time the many of the players had joined forces but surely won’t be the last.

THANK YOU Stacy and The Wild Thyme Company!!

Profile Picture Betsy, 10/30/10, 4 Reviews