The Schoolhouse

$4k - $5k For 100 Guests
Up to 150 guests

$4k - $5k For 100 Guests
Up to 150 guests

Are you looking for something different than traditional ballrooms and rustic barns? The Schoolhouse is a unique and flexible venue with indoor and outdoor wedding options!

The venue was beautifully restored in 2019 with clean white walls, unique vintage details, and plenty of natural lighting.

Inside The Schoolhouse, we have space for 125 guests for a seated dinner or 175 guests for a cocktail reception. Outside the venue, we have amazing green space where you can set up your ceremony or have a cocktail hour!

With a rental, you'll have exclusive access to the venue for 10 hours. Plus you and your crew can get ready in the two spacious private suites. We have an open vendor policy and allow you to BYOB (your alcohol must be served by a TABC bartender).

The venue is located only ten minutes from downtown Dallas, so you can have the gorgeous backdrop you want and your guests will appreciate the short Uber ride!

At The Schoolhouse, you’ll be treated as a valued client and not just a number. You’ll interact with the local, female-owned business owners as you tour the space and plan your special day.

We can’t wait to hear from you!

• Woman-owned

Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?

$2,750

What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?

$2,750

Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?

$2,750

What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?

$2,750

Which of the following are included in starting site fee?

Bridal Suite
Chairs
Clean Up
Linens
Parking
Set Up
Tables

What is the maximum capacity of your venue?

How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?

Describe your venue:

Garden
Historic Building

What kind of settings are available?

Indoor
Uncovered Outdoor

Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?

Ceremony
Reception
Bridal Shower
Engagement Party
Elopements
Rehearsal Dinner

What event services do you offer?

All Inclusive Packages
Clean Up
Get Ready Rooms
Outside Vendors
Pet Friendly
Set Up
Wifi

What catering services do you offer?

Cocktail Reception
Outside Cake
Stations

What bar services do you provide?

Outside Alcohol

What event items are available?

Altar/Arch
Chairs
Decor
Tables

What food and beverage items are available?

Linens

What transportation and access is available?

Parking
Wheelchair Access

What months are included in your peak season?

January
September
October
November
December

What months are included in your off-peak season?

January

Message vendor

• Casey
    Casey S. Married on 10/28/2022

Choose the Schoolhouse!

When I was searching for my wedding venue, I wanted a place with personality. The Schoolhouse has history, charm, and character that I didn’t see in your usual hotel/barn venue. But what really blew me away was the service of the staff. My coordinator, Becca, was so helpful and thorough in helping to make sure my big day ran smoothly (even though it was raining, i didn’t even notice/care!). We were able to visit multiple times, their response time was always prompt, and they worked alongside all my vendors with professionalism. I spent a good chunk of my big day in the bridal suite, it honestly turned out to be one of my favorite spots! I loved getting ready with the bridal party there and because it was a rainy day it really helped I didn’t have to worry about getting ready somewhere else and transporting everyone to the venue! We received amazing feedback from our guests on how much they enjoyed our ceremony and reception! I’m so sad our wedding is over, the Schoolhouse was such an integral part of wedding planning and I’m going to miss working with them! I couldn’t recommend The Schoolhouse enough, and I’m so happy to be a part of the Schoolhouse family!!
  • Desiree
    Desiree S. Married on 02/19/2022

Best venue in Dallas

I cannot explain enough how perfect The Schoolhouse was for our wedding! Every single detail in this venue is absolutely gorgeous from the light pendants to the beautiful tiled floors to the amazing natural light throughout the entire venue. Christen and Chancee were so helpful to me every step of the way leading up to the wedding. I think I contacted them about 18 months out from my wedding and didn't book until one year out, and they were just so easy to communicate with. Morgan helped so much the day of constantly making sure things were exactly the way that I had envisioned them. There's not a team that I could recommend more than these ladies!!! P.s. The amount of beautiful neon signs throughout the venue just had my heart!
  • Shae
    Shae Married on 04/17/2021

Amazing Venue, Amazing Owners

My fiancé and I were one of the first ones to tour The Schoolhouse after it opened and I immediately fell in love. The architecture, the history, every element is beautiful. We booked pretty quickly. There have also been so many additional great updates since we toured which have made the venue even more breathtaking inside and out. I recommend the venue to any bride looking for something refreshingly different and beautiful. Additionally, I have to talk about the great owners, we specifically worked with Chancee. When they took over as owners they patiently went through reworking our contract (I write contracts for a living so I’m super nit picky) and were very responsive to all of our questions and concerns. Also, when I reached out to Chancee about options after COVID hit she was so helpful and kind and provided more than reasonable alternatives for us. Although we have since decided to elope due to COVID, I hope to have an event at this gorgeous venue one day and would recommend to any couple!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

Real Weddings

Lawton & Haleigh
50 photos · 02/21/2020

Pricing

illustration visit

Would you like to visit?

Request a visit
1601 Chalk Hill Rd Dallas, TX, 75212
Location of (The Schoolhouse)

The Schoolhouse frequently asked questions

What items and services are included in the starting site fee at The Schoolhouse?

The Schoolhouse includes the following items and services for wedding events in its starting site fee:
  • Bridal Suite
  • Chairs
  • Clean Up
  • Linens
  • Parking
  • Set Up
  • Tables

What are the most important characteristics of The Schoolhouse in terms of venue type, style and location?

The space offered by The Schoolhouse for wedding events is known for:
  • Garden
  • Historic Building

What kind of indoor/outdoor options are available at The Schoolhouse for wedding events?

The Schoolhouse offers the following indoor/outdoor options for weddings:
  • Indoor
  • Uncovered Outdoor

What kind of wedding events does The Schoolhouse offer?

The Schoolhouse offers the following types of wedding events:
  • Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal Shower
  • Engagement Party
  • Elopements
  • Rehearsal Dinner

What services does The Schoolhouse offer for wedding events?

The Schoolhouse offers the following services for wedding events:
  • All Inclusive Packages
  • Clean Up
  • Get Ready Rooms
  • Liability Insurance
  • Outside Vendors
  • Pet Friendly
  • Set Up
  • Wifi

What furniture and decorations does The Schoolhouse have available for wedding events?

The Schoolhouse offers the following furniture and decor items for weddings:
  • Altar/Arch
  • Chairs
  • Decor
  • Tables

What percentage of users recommend The Schoolhouse and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

The Schoolhouse is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.

Other vendors in Dallas for your wedding

Wedding Venues