The Main Event By Emily

Smithfield, VA View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

We are so happy you’re here! We are a full service florist, event designer, and wedding coordinator based in Smithfield, Virginia and traveling well beyond. No matter what aspect of your wedding you need our help with, we are ready to turn your vision into reality. We have over 15-years of experience finding ways to reflect the hosts throughout the design plan, and believe that no two events should be the same. If you’re looking for a team who prioritizes making your event unique and memorable, you’re in the right place.

• Design: Designing events is how we got our start. We are passionate about getting to know each couple that we design for and understanding what is most important to them. Each event should be unique, and design is a great way to do that. Our passion for making events true representations of our clients and their personalities is unmatched by any other designer. Our goal is to create an event in which your guests see personal touches of you and your fiancé throughout the décor. We will work with you to turn your vision into reality. Don’t have a vision yet? That’s ok, too! We love helping clients discover what they want their event to look and feel like.
  • Flowers: Flowers are such a staple at any wedding, and what better way to let them shine than to have them fully integrated into your design plan? We aren’t just a florist, and we aren’t just a designer. Being both allows us to create stunning floral arrangements that are truly one of a kind and compliment the décor seamlessly. We design stunning bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, centerpieces, and more. While we do offer floral services as a stand alone option, we love being able to seamlessly tie design and flowers together for our clients. This allows us to create continuity throughout the event. Booking us for both design and flowers is a decision you won’t regret.
  • Coordination: Our coordination package finds the happy medium between month-of coordination and full-service planning. We believe that every couple should enjoy their engagement season, and month-of coordinating often doesn’t allow for that. We are pleased to offer an option that begins 60-days before to better serve our clients. It includes everything you may need from timeline creation, vendor management and referrals, rehearsal services, and two Coordinators to direct everyone and make sure everything goes smoothy.
  • The Formal Wear Boutique: Our Formal Wear Boutique offers a wide variety of formal attire and accessories. We have over 200 wedding dresses (cosigned and new), as well as more than 500 formal dresses that range from prom dresses to mother-of-the-bride dresses, and everything in between. We are also proud to offer tuxedos and suites from Jim’s Formal Wear, both for rent and for purchase. Need accessories? We’ve got you covered there, as well. We have shoes that vary in size from child to adult, formal jewelry, handbags, and more.
  • The Gift Shop: Our gift shop boutique is filled with unique gifts and treasures, many of which are locally made. We have a large selection of gifts perfect for parents, wedding party members, brides, and grooms too!

The best way to inquire about our packages and availability is to submit an inquiry via the 'Contact Us' form on our website. We can't wait to meet you!

• Woman-owned

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

Sara M. Married on 04/30/2022

Worth every penny!

I can’t say enough how great Emily and her team are!! They made sure my day was flawless and kept all of the stress off me. My coordinators and design team were all so great - they were so professional but also so easy to get along with and fun. They did such an amazing job with all of my flowers and decor; I told them my vision and they really made it come to life. Can’t recommend them highly enough!!

The Main Event By Emily's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, Sara! It was such a joy to be a part of your big day. Thank you for trusting us to bring your vision to life :) Wishing you and Alex much love and happiness!
    Asia R. Married on 04/24/2022

Absolutely perfect

We hired Emily and her team for coordination and decor and I mean everything was PERFECT. The floral designs were absolutely gorgeous. Ashley was our lead coordinator and she was amazing. She stayed on top of everything including me 😅 Our day went so smoothly I couldn't have asked for a better team. Thank you ladies sooo much. You made our day a dream come true 💙💚

The Main Event By Emily's reply:

Asia, Thank you for your kind words! We had a great time and are honored you let us be part of your day. Best to you and Sharkish!
  • Tammy
    Tammy C. Married on 04/23/2022

Simply Amazing!

The Main Event by Emily made our wedding event so easy and stress free. When my daughter got engaged it was very important to me to be able to enjoy her day and be hands off and that is exactly what I got with The Main Event by Emily! From the very beginning our planner was on top of the smallest details. She listened and took care of the big things but also managed such detail to the smallest of things as well. The flowers and decorating were more beautiful that I could have imagined. I would highly recommend them for any event. I honestly believe my daughters special day would not have been as amazing without the team we had around us allowing us to enjoy every second!

The Main Event By Emily's reply:

Thank you for your review, Tammy! We are so honored that you chose us to be a part of your daughter's big day. The planning process with you and your family was so much fun to be a part of. We are beyond thrilled that you all were able to relax and enjoy the engagement season and wedding weekend knowing that everything was taken care of! Congratulations to you and your family on your new son-in-law

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner

Real Weddings

• Samantha & Marcus
    9 photos · 03/01/2022

Dani White Photography Dani White Photography Wedding Photographers

I always love working with Emily's team on weddings! She thinks of every detail and makes such a smooth day happen! It doesn't matter if the bride and grooms wedding is a barn wedding, a ocean side wedding or a country club wedding, it will be elegant with Emily! I always recommend my brides to The Main Event!

Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Music Makes You Happy Entertainment Wedding DJs

Emily and her staff always go the extra mile to make sure your event is perfect. She offers a lot of different services so no matter what your budget is, she has a product or package that will help make your big day a lot less stressful!

Cedar Point Club Cedar Point Club Country Club Weddings

I really enjoyed working with Emily and Alanna! Their decorations were beautiful and Alanna did an excellent job with all day-of coordination. I look forward to working together again soon!

1602 S Church Street Smithfield, VA, 23430
757-357-2814
757-344-9045

Monday-Saturday: 9am-5pm Earlier, later, and Sunday hours by request.
Location of (The Main Event By Emily)

Other vendors in Hampton Roads for your wedding