We are so happy you’re here! The Main Event By Emily is a full-service florist, event designer, and wedding planner based in Smithfield, Virginia, and traveling well beyond. No matter what aspect of your wedding you need our help with, we are ready to turn your vision into reality. We have over 15 years of experience finding ways to reflect the hosts throughout the design plan and believe that no two events should be the same. If you’re looking for a team that prioritizes making your event unique and memorable, you’re in the right place.
- Design: Designing events is how we got our start. We are passionate about getting to know each couple that we design for and understanding what is most important to them. Each event should be unique, and design is a great way to do that. Our passion for making events true representations of our clients and their personalities is unmatched by any other designer. Our goal is to create an event in which your guests see personal touches of you and your fiancé throughout the décor. We will work with you to turn your vision into reality. Don’t have a vision yet? That’s ok, too! We love helping clients discover what they want their event to look and feel like.
- Flowers: Flowers are such a staple at any wedding, and what better way to let them shine than to have them fully integrated into your design plan? We aren’t just a florist, and we aren’t just a designer. Being both allows us to create stunning floral arrangements that are truly one of a kind and complement the décor seamlessly. We design stunning bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, centerpieces, and more. While we do offer floral services as a stand-alone option, we love being able to seamlessly tie design and flowers together for our clients. This allows us to create continuity throughout the event. Booking us for both design and flowers is a decision you won’t regret.
- Planning & Coordination: Our team is known throughout the Hampton Roads area for their attention to detail, vendor relationships, and client experience. We vowed long ago to never offer day-of-coordinating, as it simply can’t result in a smooth wedding day experience for you, your vendors, or your guests. We know all the work our team does prior to the day-of, and we don’t feel a seamless event can be accomplished without it. After years of offering Month-of-Coordinating, we’ve decided that it just isn’t enough either. We could tell that our couples felt rushed during those last 30-days of their engagement, and that is the last thing we want. Our goal is for you to enjoy your engagement season, not to have a big to-do list during the last 30-days of it! Thus, our 90-Day Coordination Package was born. It gives you access to the Planning & Coordinating Team Manager via email immediately upon booking for any questions you may have, and access to your Lead Coordinator 90-days before your event date. This ensures you plenty of time before the big day to have your planning sessions, complete your questionnaires, and approve your timeline. If 90-Days isn’t quite what you’re looking for, we also offer a more robust Guided Planning Package and custom packages upon request!
- The Formal Wear Boutique: Our Formal Wear Boutique offers a wide variety of formal attire and accessories. We have over 200 wedding dresses (consigned and new), as well as more than 500 formal dresses that range from prom dresses to mother-of-the-bride dresses, and everything in between. We are also proud to offer tuxedos and suites from Jim’s Formal Wear, both for rent and for purchase. Need accessories? We’ve got you covered there, as well. We have shoes that vary in size from child to adult, formal jewelry, handbags, and more.
- The Gift Shop: Our gift shop boutique is filled with unique gifts and treasures, many of which are locally made. We have a large selection of gifts perfect for parents, wedding party members, brides, and grooms too!
The best way to inquire about our packages and availability is to submit an inquiry via the 'Contact Us' form on our website. We can't wait to meet you!
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you offer an hourly rate?
What wedding events do you provide services for?
What wedding planning services do you offer?
What weddings do you have experience planning?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
89 User photos
Nothing short of perfect!!!
Married In a Hurricane; My Day Turned Out Stress Free Thanks to Emily's Team
Are you interested?
I’m Emily, Owner and Lead Designer. I’m a Smithfield local who has always had a passion for helping couples have the wedding of their dreams, no matter their budget. After seeing so many couples struggle to find a vendor who could truly be their one-stop-shop, I decided to create it myself. There’s something so spectacular about having your design, flowers, and coordination all run seamlessly together. While we do offer each as a stand-alone-option, hiring us for all three allows us to ensure continuity in your design and colors. It also keeps things stress free for you and your family.
I love hearing couples’ unique design ideas. Whether it’s incorporating books, antique cars, travel, theater, or any other aspect of life that is important to you, we will find a way to tie it into your design. We believe that guests should leave your event feeling like they truly saw you and your fiancé’s touches throughout. So let’s chat to see how I can make your vision a reality!
My name is Alanna, and I’m the Planning & Coordinating Team Manager here at The Main Event by Emily. First and foremost, congratulations on your engagement! This is such an exciting time, but it can also be a stressful one! We are here to relieve that stress and ensure that you and those celebrating you can sit back and relax knowing that everything is taken care of.
My team’s goal is to ensure your day goes off as smoothly as possible, that it reflects who you are as a couple, and that you enjoy every moment of it. We will guide and support you before the event, and we’ll be your shoe holding, dress bustling, wedding party wrangling, guest directing, support people on the day of. You can count on us to be your resource from 'I will' to 'I do' and everything in between.
I was born and raised in the Hampton Roads area and graduated from West Virginia University. I am a dog mom who is adventurous, energetic, OCD, and obsessed with paying attention to details. I fell in love with weddings when I was a bridesmaid in my sister’s wedding back in 2016 and instantly knew that was my passion. I have been working in the event and wedding planning industry ever since. I absolutely love turning a couple’s dream wedding into a reality.
I’m looking forward to assisting you in making your special day a success here at The Main Event by Emily!
Professional Network & Endorsements4 Endorsements
I always love working with Emily's team on weddings! She thinks of every detail and makes such a smooth day happen! It doesn't matter if the bride and grooms wedding is a barn wedding, a ocean side wedding or a country club wedding, it will be elegant with Emily! I always recommend my brides to The Main Event!
Emily and her staff always go the extra mile to make sure your event is perfect. She offers a lot of different services so no matter what your budget is, she has a product or package that will help make your big day a lot less stressful!
I really enjoyed working with Emily and Alanna! Their decorations were beautiful and Alanna did an excellent job with all day-of coordination. I look forward to working together again soon!