The Main Event By Emily Reviews

35 | Smithfield, VA

35 Reviews for The Main Event By Emily

• Patrick

Patrick B. · Married on 05/29/2021

Amazing! Made our special day flawless!

The Main Event was instrumental in crafting a perfect day for us. From day 1 till we said "I Do," Royall, Felicia, and the rest of their team helped us not stress over any details and focus on each other and the big day. They crushed it when it came to navigating the ever changing COVID regulations and delays. We would highly recommend their services to anyone looking to have their day be perfect and worry-free!

Sent on 06/14/2021

Anne S. · Married on 05/22/2021

Incredible Experience with The Main Event by Emily

HIRE THIS TEAM! I can't begin to express how fantastic the entire team at The Main Event by Emily is. Every single team member went above and beyond to make sure that our day was exactly what we wanted and that everything went off without a hitch. Emily and her design team took a few pictures that represented my vision and brought it to life in the best possible way--the flowers, the ceremony area, the table scapes, everything. The coordination team (shout out to Royall!) was AMAZING --they took away the stress of vendor coordination, the flow of the day, time keeping and answering anyone and everyone's questions on the day of. THANK YOU ALL! It was the most perfect day and it wouldn't have happened without The Main Event by Emily. We are so grateful!
    photo credit to Maria Grace Photography

Sent on 06/10/2021
  • KimH

Kim H. · Married on 05/08/2021

Excellent work!

Emily and her team of coordinators and designers really brought our wedding together and made it absolutely wonderful. Every detail was carefully thought out. From flowers to table settings to organizing a timeline and vendors, TME made sure our wedding went smoothly. I've received nothing but compliments with how beautiful everything was, and I truly believe TME is worth every cent.

Sent on 05/18/2021
  • Marina

Marina D. · Married on 03/27/2021

Beautiful Designs for a Dream Wedding!

Emily and the team at The Main Event by Emily are amazing! Emily took my design ideas and turned them into magic. Our guests kept talking about how beautiful our wedding was. Emily truly made our dreams come true. We would recommend The Main Event by Emily to anyone who needs help creating their dream wedding.

Sent on 04/04/2021
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/28/2020

One to remember!

We can’t not thank Emily and the whole Main Event team from the month of coordinating team Desiree, Royall and Felicia! They all made our day so special and I can’t think them enough for helping move everything to a new date and helping us in general with any questions and designing and planning!
    Thank you guys so much!!
    Ashley and Anthony Wood

Sent on 12/08/2020
  • Sharon

Sharon · Married on 10/24/2020

A Priceless Team

I’ve been reluctant to write this review only because no matter what I write, my words will never be able to do justice to the perfection that Emily and her team created for my daughter and son in law’s wedding day! We first met Emily well over a year ago and within minutes, this wonderful woman totally got our vision. While that impressed me, the micro manager in me thought, I’m sure I’m going to have to get way more involved in every nitty gritty detail if this is going to be perfect. I was totally wrong.
    So Emily is beyond ahhhhhmazing! But what about her team? Well she sure knows how to pick them! Hannah works with Emily on design. That young lady gets it and then takes it way beyond what you could have ever imagined.
    Royall was our lead event coordinator. Scratch that….Royall was supposed to be our lead event coordinator but quickly became part of our family. Immediate trust and faith in Royall came easily just by talking to her. Any anxiety you have about things going off the rails is totally eradicated. Attention to detail and making sure that you are one thousand percent taken care of are just two of her strong suits. I truly cannot say enough about how blessed we were because of her!
    Ashley was there at every turn, working in conjunction with Royall. Whatever we needed, from eyelash glue to not sticking the groomsmen with those awful buttoner pins, she was on point!
    On the day of the event, there’s a crew of people that come in and work to execute everything you’ve dreamed of and then some. I probably won’t ever know their names, but I want to thank them as well. They were like fairies working their magic. You literally took my breath away as I looked around at all that had been created!
    The thought of planning a wedding is overwhelming, but I guarantee you this. You cannot put a price tag on the joy and peace of mind this talented team of dynamite individuals will bring to that special day and everyday leading up to it!!!! So, if you are considering using The Main Event, hurry up and just do it before someone else comes along and snags your date!

Sent on 10/26/2020
  • Juliette

Juliette Z. · Married on 10/24/2020

The best of the best!

Emily and her team made my dream wedding come to life! From our first meeting to our last, Emily completely understood my vision. She had many new ideas to offer, and her shop is filled with everything possible to make your wedding happen. Emily and her design team have this thing down to a science, so they work efficiently but uniquely. They also provide all floral arrangements at the most amazing prices. My wedding was everything I dreamed up in my head and more. I would not change a single thing from my wedding design/decor, and for that, I thank The Main Event. I will recommend her to any bride planning her wedding, and would give 6 stars if I could.

Royall, my lead wedding coordinator, also did a fantastic job. She is thorough, detail oriented, and so so friendly! I felt like I knew her for years during our first meeting. She takes her time with each meeting and adapted so easily to any changes I wanted to make. My mom and I thought we had the planning thing under control- until Royall joined us in the month-of planning. We realized how much we needed her assistance and expertise. When we had questions or concerns, or when confusion arose, Royall handled it all. She was the communicator between all vendors, which I cannot stress how much we needed that. She made our month leading up to the wedding so calm and controlled, and the wedding went so smoothly thanks to Royall and her assistant, Ashley! I will forever thank them for their services, and I know our wedding was so successful because of them!

Overall, I can’t recommend The Main Event enough. These ladies are amazing and I 100% believe everyone needs them in their wedding planning. If you’re on the fence about using their services, I promise you, you NEED them.

Sent on 10/26/2020

Melissa H. · Married on 10/18/2020

Exceptional planning, floral, rental and coordination services

Despite the uncertainty of planning a wedding in the midst of a global pandemic, Emily Norton, Royall Bryan and Amber Epps never wavered in their assurances that everything would work out, and they made sure it did. We never knew from one week to the next how government directives on social distancing and limits on the size of gatherings might wreck months of preparation, but this team of ladies pushed ahead and finalized every last detail. We can’t thank them enough for all they did to help us create an intimate, memorable wedding that we were able to share with our families and dearest friends.

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa H. · Married on 10/18/2020

Exceptional planning, floral, rental and coordination services

Sent on 10/20/2020
  • Sabrina

Sabrina S. · Married on 10/11/2020

Dooley Wedding

Emily and her team are the absolute best! We postponed our original wedding date in May due to COVID, and Emily was more than accommodating. I am a very organized person with all sorts of Pinterest boards and Emily welcomed all of my ideas and even came up with better ones. Her design for my wedding was beyond what I was thinking in so many good ways! It came all together perfectly.
    Now I want to praise my wonderful coordinators. Royall and Des were beyond. I had been working with Royall since the month before my wedding, and we talked almost every day. She deserves an extra award for just putting up with me. She made everything so much easier to handle all of the stress. She kept in contact with me and all of my other vendors. Words cannot describe how amazing Royall was at her job! Not only did she do her job beyond justice, but she also became a friend that I could vent to about wedding stress. Beyond happy with the Main Event by Emily and how they handled my wedding!

Sent on 10/14/2020

Kristin M. · Married on 10/02/2020

Above and Beyond

Let's start with the basics - if you are looking for a wedding florist/decorator then you must hire The Main Event by Emily!!! Her designs, her vision to take very limited information on what a bride likes and turn it into the bride's dream wedding is nothing short of amazing. My daughter was not the bride that has always dreamed of what her wedding day would look like, she wasn't the bride that spent countless hours pouring over Pinterest creating boards of what she wanted her day to look like. Nope, Kristin was the bride that was happy to let me, her mom choose the florist. So off I went, I searched the internet and choose a few florists for consultations and quickly realized after meeting with Emily that I didn't need to keep any of the other appointments, You see, I naively thought I just needed to hire a florist for some bouquets and maybe some centerpieces but then I would be stuck shopping different craft stores trying to come up with other wedding decor. WRONG!! Emily immediately made me realize she's not a florist she is a wedding decor guru - her inventory will blow your mind, she's got anything and everything that you can imagine, elegant, rustic, beachy..... and the list goes on and on. So your hired!!!
    Everything is set and everything is good right? No, not right Covid 19 hits and the wedding that we planned is up in the air - do we wait to see what Phase we are in, cut the guest list or do we change venues. All vendors were notified that a potential venue change was being considered but not a clue where. Emily jumped in and escorted us to a venue that was in the planning stages, so basically an open empty field. That's what I saw but Emily saw a blank canvas to make beautiful.
    Then comes the hard part - getting the most non picky bride to give us at least a little something to go on, well we got her colors and that she likes sunflowers and the rustic look. So that is where Emily shines, she showed Kristin a few different options and took it from there.
    We showed up to the most beautiful ceremony and reception site that you can imagine, Emily took what Kristin liked and ran with it - to quote Kristin it was "perfect".
    I could go on and on endlessly of all the ways Emily exceeded our expectations but I'm not even sure anybody will read this far - so if you have made it this far this is what I have to say HIRE EMILY!!!! It is worth every penny spent and I would do it all over again!!
    Jennifer - mother of the bride, 10/02/20

Sent on 10/04/2020

The Main Event By Emily's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! Ya'll were a pleasure to work with and I am soo happy it was "perfect"!
  • Davina

Davina K. · Married on 08/22/2020

Absolutely amazing!!!!

Royall and Desiree helped make our day beautiful!!! They worked very diligent to create a timeline and worked best for everyone and were flexible with any changes. The design team made the venue even more beautiful than what it already is. Thank you to everyone to helped make our day exactly what we dreamed it would be!

Sent on 11/18/2020
  • Rachel

Rachel L. · Married on 07/10/2020

The most magical day of my life

As far as design and flowers go... it exceeded every bit of my expectations. I got design quotes and floral quotes and the price by-far was the best in Virginia. Emily teared up in our first visit about her passion for providing "dream weddings" within the bride's budget but I had no idea how much she meant that. I literally gave her my Pinterest board and she brought it to life. The bouquets looked IDENTICAL to what I picked out but more beautiful. I wanted rustic car parts that she did not have and she went digging for them in her free time. Literally every touch she put in there I cried. She could charge double for what she did with my wedding. My husband was blown away with it all. He still can't stop talking about how wonderfully it was decorated. She met with us at the venue (1 hour away) to make sure everything was taken care of.

Ashley was our month-of coordinator and when I say I did not stress I mean it. She thought of all the things I never would have considered, our FaceTime session was incredibly productive. She contacted all of my vendors, was clear on the services they provided and found out my caterer didn't bus plates! What a shock! So Emily and Ashley and the team stepped in. When I say I felt like a princess on my wedding day, I really did. Ashley made sure everything was where it needed to be, brought us food, carried my belongings, and made the entire experience ZERO stress. I had all the time to enjoy my time with my guests, and had not a care in the world because I knew she had it all. This woman should be organizing the White House events. Seriously. If you're on the fence about hiring these people... DO IT. Design and Coordination are not where you want to cut corners in a budget. We are already hiring them for our next anniversary party :P

Sent on 10/23/2019

Hi, Rachel!

Where do we start in replying to this amazingly sweet review?? Thank you SO much for your kind words! It truly brings us so, so much joy to know that you not only loved the look of your wedding, but that you were able to actually sit back and enjoy it stress free. I speak for the entire TME family when I say you were an absolute joy to work with! The thoughtful, personalized touches throughout your wedding are ones we will always remember (including those awesome antique cars revving their congratulations for you and your new husband!). Congratulations again on your amazing day and the start of a new chapter for you and Cole :)

We can't wait to be a part of your anniversary party and any other celebrations you have in the future!
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 05/02/2020

Best investment we made for the wedding...

When we began planning our wedding we knew we would get married at a family member's home which is an old farmhouse in the middle of nowhere. I was convinced that between amazon and pinterest I could decorate the wedding myself. I was completely wrong and I am so happy that we hired Emily and Hannah to decorate our venue. It transformed the wedding from a backyard party into a formal event.

I met Emily at the Virginia Beach wedding expo and she immediately caught my attention by how passionate she was about weddings. When we met to speak about wedding details she immediately understood the vintage literary look I was aiming for. Hannah and Emily even drove out to our venue to see the space and they were understanding that I wanted to include vintage pieces from the home as well. They created an amazing vintage photo booth area that blended our furniture and their pieces seamlessly. The flowers were perfect accents throughout the entire location. Hannah and her crew showed up right on time and arrived immediately after we said goodbye to our guests like set up/take down ninjas. Seriously, they took so much stress off of me as far as decorating and flowers and made my imagination a reality. Thanks so much!

Sent on 09/09/2020

The Main Event By Emily's reply:

Sarah, Thank you so much for the kind words and most of all for allowing us to be part of your day. We were excited the moment we heard your vision and had such a great time turning it into reality. Best to you in all your new adventures!
  • Yosmary

Yosmary R. · Married on 03/10/2020

Such beautiful work!

Emily and her team are the best! She stayed within our budget and created such a beautiful piece. I sent her some inspiration pictures so she could get a sense of what I liked and OMG when I saw our bouquets, I was in love!! So unique and just so perfect for our day. I was so impressed because I really didn't know what I wanted and she was able to create such beautiful work with such little information! Thank you so much, Emily!

Sent on 10/10/2020

Cashna M. · Married on 12/21/2019

Professionalism at its best!

We have no idea where to start to review The Main Event by Emily except to say they were EXCELLENT! Alanna Pine was our lead coordinator along with Megan Duckwitz Co-coordinator. We were lucky enough to get two trainees as well. Don’t let the young pretty face fool you! Alanna is congenial, professional, knowledgeable, and firm when needed. She created good working relationships with all of the vendors but was no nonsense when a vendor was not meeting our expectations as customers. They were happy to step in when additional hands were needed even if the task was outside their contractual duties. The coordinating team relieved me and my Mom of so much stress prior to the event and during the wedding. As a Bride, I felt very much taken care of. When the reception became a bit overwhelming, Alanna made sure to check on me when my introverted nature rose and I needed to step away. She bought me a drink and cupcakes while took a moment to catch my breath. Our only regret was not taking advantage of their decorating service along with the coordinating services. Just a side note, they were very thoughtful and gave me a wedding gift! So if looking for a Coordinating Team look no further than The Main Event by Emily!

Sent on 01/05/2020

Cashna,

Thank you SO much for your kind words! We loved every moment of working
    with you, your mom, and the rest of your family and wedding party. Your
    kind words truly leave me speechless <3 I am so thankful to have been able
    to be there for you every step of the way! Savor every moment of your first
    year of marriage, and please do stay in touch!

All the best,
    Alanna & The TME Family
  • Val

Valentina · Married on 12/07/2019

Great decorator!!

Emily was so awesome to work with! She knew exactly how I wanted things right out of our first consultation, and on our wedding day, the decorations and the flowers and linens were just gorgeous!!! Would highly recommend Emily and her team!

Sent on 01/09/2020

The Main Event By Emily's reply:

Valentina, Thank you for the kind words! It was such a pleasure to work with you and Joseph. I am thrilled you were pleased.
  • Jordan

Jordan K. · Married on 11/02/2019

Fantastic team

The entire team was PHENOMENAL. Everyone was so amazing and easy to work with. The coordinating team stepped in when my bartender was late, fixed my dress (multiple times), and ensured everything went smoothly. They truly made my wedding a fantastic day! Would 100% recommend over and over!

Sent on 01/24/2020
  • Andrew

Andrew C. · Married on 09/21/2019

Hire These Amazing Wedding Professionals!!

Alanna and Megan were invaluable month-of coordinators. They anticipated many of our needs, including those that we hadn't considered. Their experience allowed our wedding to run smoothly. Friends, family, and vendors all commented on their professionalism and about the well run event.

Emily's design exceeded our expectation and included many small details that only someone who cared deeply about her clients needs would have provided. Her inventory of decor items saved us money and allowed use to create the exact experience that we wanted for our wedding guests. Her knowledge of the floral industry provided a unique and beautiful look for our wedding.

Based on our positive experience, we have already told several people that we know about the design and planning service available from The Main Event.

Sent on 09/26/2019

The Main Event By Emily's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Andrew! We cannot tell you enough how much we loved working with you and Katie. Hearing feedback such as yours is truly why we do what we do. We wish you guys all the best, and hope to stay in touch! Thanks again for continuing to spread the word about the TME Family :)
  • Monti

Monti · Married on 07/28/2019

July wedding

Emily was Amazing!! She exceeded my expectations! She did such an amazing job and she is so affordable!

Sent on 08/02/2019

The Main Event By Emily's reply:

Thank you so much for your review. It was a pleasure turning your vision into reality and I am thrilled you were pleased!
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 06/29/2019

Simply the Best

Having real flowers for my wedding was really important to me. However, like a lot of brides out there...it is hard to imagine spending thousands of dollars on flowers. Emily was able to work with my budget and really help my vision come alive. Because of her, I was able to have gorgeous flower arrangements without the stress of DIY. I strongly suggest all couples to go visit her at The Main Event in Smithfield, VA. She also offers many other event services, has a cute shop to find gifts and other things, and a super friendly staff that greets/treats you like family.

Sent on 07/09/2019

The Main Event By Emily's reply:

Danielle, Thank you so much for the kind words! I was so excited to be part of our day and I am thrilled you were happy.

Cassidy · Married on 05/19/2018

Wonderful! Emily, Amber and Ashley were so great! Emily was recommended to me by a coworker and I met her at a bridal show and she was just lovely! I happened to be in Smithfield and stopped by (not knowing that she has a whole process for this) and she took me back to her office and walked me through her questionnaire and was very patient with me since I didn't have all the right answers yet. Her rates are AMAZING, I honestly couldn't believe them and she really helped make my dreams come true. Emily took care of the decor, flowers(including a stunning flower crown), linens, and coordination. She really is a one stop shop and shes great at what she does! I knew nothing about hosting a wedding or picking out decor or any of it and she guided me every step of the way and with the sweetest demeanor!

Sent on 07/11/2018

Amanda · Married on 05/05/2018

Emily and her team are FANTASTIC!! We hired them as our florist and decorator and it was the best decision! They made our venue look AMAZING with the amount of detail and design. The flowers were gorgeous! They went above and beyond of what was expected and then some! I couldn't be happier. They are so professional, sweet, kind, and a joy to work with! Go with Emily and her team! You won't regret it!!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Mallory · Married on 10/02/2017

I cannot say enough about Emily and her team! They took a vague description that I gave them about what we wanted our wedding to look like and made it into the perfect reality. I had so many people compliment how beautiful everything was, and I was more than happy to tell them who had done all of the work. We had a friend make our wedding invitations, and I wanted the other decorations to match. Emily's team was able to look at the photo I sent them and recreate the images beautifully! Our wedding day would not have been the perfect day without Emily and her team; I highly recommend having them be part of your special day.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Krystal · Married on 11/12/2016

Emily and her team were amazing and we used her decorating expertise for our fall themed wedding in November of 2016. I fully trusted Emily with her creative direction. I gave her my vision and she brought that vision to life on my wedding day. Emily and her teams work is exceptional. I wa very pleased when I arrives to my venue.

The Vanns