74 Old North Berwick Road, Alfred, ME 04002 Map · Phone number

About The Homestead At Rest & Be Thankful Farm

The Homestead at Rest & Be Thankful Farm is a classic New England 18th century working farm in Lyman, Maine offering 65 private and peaceful acres for your special event. Easily reached from I-95, the Homestead is conveniently located a half hour south of the Portland International Jetport, and minutes from the resort towns of Kennebunk and Kennebunkport.
A truly bucolic setting, the Homestead features rolling pastures, an heirloom orchard, and perennial gardens ready to accommodate an array of wedding ceremony and reception needs. For more intimate affairs, the antique barn is delightful for cocktails, dancing, and rehearsal dinners. Our wedding packages include tent, tables, chairs, bathrooms and bride and groom get ready rooms. To ensure a complete rustic chic experience, our beautifully handcrafted farm tables and benches, as well as many of our vintage farm items are available for your use. We can assist you in arranging décor, bar set ups, tractor rides, and connect you with our vendor partners for photography, flowers, tents, catering, and everything else you might need. Our website is www.theHomestead.me.

Follow The Homestead At Rest & Be Thankful Farm on

ff560a0ff047e878 Danielle Nick Farm 1001
mg313

3 Reviews for The Homestead At Rest & Be Thankful Farm

Emily · Married on 06/11/2016

Bottom line: If you're looking for two people who truly care about your day going flawlessly, an outdoor wedding, and beautiful scenery call The Homestead today!

George and Michele were FABULOUS! The venue was booked by my grandmother and mother before my husband and I had even seen it, but we were not disappointed. They were so helpful throughout the whole planning process, and when my husband and I finally saw it they seemed just as excited as we were. The day of could not have been better, George and Michele were there when we arrived and offered us water/coffee/food almost immediately (thank goodness). Michele made sure we had what we needed all evening. As far as the scenery goes, it was perfect. There is an endless amount of beautiful places to take portraits, and after walking through the barn and seeing the tent set up, I knew I had made the right decision.

Sent on 07/01/2016

Nate · Married on 05/16/2015

George,Michele & Valerie were amazing hosts for our wedding. From the friendly consults to the helpful suggestions throughout the process they helped immensely.

The venue is a perfect setting, not too far from the NH seacoast or Portland, ME. It was very serene and beautiful.

If you want a low key, amazing venue, Rest & Be Thankful is the place to be.

Thank you all so much for everything you did for us!

-Nate & John

3.0
      1.0
      2.0
      1.0

I rely on reviews quite a bit when making choices. There were only a couple of reviews for this venue and both were good, So, I'm posting this review to help others looking for a wedding venue. My daughter was looking for an outside venue to have her reception under a tent, she found the Rest and Be Thankful Farm and we took a look. The property was just beautiful and my daughter fell in love with it. When choosing your venue there is so much more to it than just what it looks like. Someone who is renting out their property for a wedding is in the business of hospitality, and I have to say one of the owners of the farm, Michele, is less than hospitable. Altough I realize she needs to run a tight ship so to speak, I do believe she could have done it with much less ridgidity. Michele's husband, George was pretty easy going and very pleasant, but most of our dealings were with Michele and she was less than accomodating, and at times darn right rude, not only to us but to ours guests as well. She even went as far as yelling at one of our guests who was going to use the bathroom, when Michele was in there putting a trash bag in the barrell. BUYER BEWARE!! When you meet with Michele she tells you that if you are booking for a Saturday wedding, you have the venue from sun up to dusk from Friday through Sunday with use of the bridal suite. After you have paid in full and your day gets closer she tells you you don't need to be here too early on Friday (and she is pretty firm & ridge about it) and NOT to come before 15 minutes prior to your ceremony on the day of. She said they handle the tent to make sure the sides are up or down as the weather dictated, NOPE, it down poured & any guests that were at the outside tables got soaked! There was also only one little trash barrell & our guests were standing with trash wondering where to put it. How embarrassing for us! I have so much more to say, but with limited space in the ratings box I can't write anything else. Just beware

Sent on 07/30/2018

The Homestead At Rest & Be Thankful Farm FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 2,926.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 672.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Parking
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue? 200
  • What event items are available? Dance Floor, Furniture, Tables
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access

• Arielle Unger Photography
    Arielle Unger Photography Wedding Photographers

Lovely barn, staff, and grounds! I highly recommend this venue to couples looking for a beautiful rustic, barn/tent wedding!

• 74 Old North Berwick Road Alfred, 04002 See on map