P.O. BOX 10, Escondido, CA 92033 Map · Phone number

About The Destination Wedding Group

"Show Up Dressed & We Do the Rest" Couples come from all over the world to be married in the beautiful venues in Maui, San Diego and Temecula Wineries that The Destination Wedding Group has to offer. As the Premiere All-Inclusive Destination Wedding Package company, we make it easy for you! Locals too can take advantage of the Stress- Free, All-Inclusive Wedding Packages that we offer. We have affordable wedding packages for every size, style, and tradition. All Packages may be fully customized! Since our inception in 2002, we have remained the unrivaled leader in quality and service. We work with each areas finest wedding professionals to provide you with a Simply Elegant and stress free, all-inclusive DREAM WEDDING!

The Destination Wedding Group was formerly known as San Diego Destination Weddings.

Follow The Destination Wedding Group on

The Destination Wedding Group 7
  • Kara

Kara Paul · Married on 12/05/2018

Dream Maui Wedding

We worked with the company's owner Jacquelyn Mendoza. We specifically were under Maui Destination Weddings.

Jacquelyn was very warm and friendly. She obviously cares about you as a couple and doesn't just see you as clients. Our friends really liked her, and she's very down to earth, kind, practical, and funny. I think I always secretly dreaded the idea of a wedding planner, thinking they would be high-maintenance or control freaks, but Jacquelyn was none of those things, she was like a chill mom helping you with your wedding. She was easy to work with, and has been in the wedding planning business quite a while--so she's an expert! I get stressed out easily, so planning my own wedding, even though a year out, was already proving to be overwhelming for me. So even though I was initially nervous about using a wedding planner, it turned out to be a huge blessing because it took away a lot of the stress and worry I was experiencing. A bride has so many things to worry about, so having someone else bear the brunt of the work and worry about the nitty-gritty details was such a relief for me.

The day of the wedding, everything was so beautiful, and so much better than I could have done on my own. Jacquelyn's company finds the best vendors so that you know you'll get great value in your package, and what's nice is her company offers different packages for different budgets. We were blessed to win a free wedding in their first annual Maui Dream Wedding giveaway. And the wedding was perfect even though we had less than three months before the wedding when we won! We had the opportunity to work with AMAZING vendors, and she also was great about allowing me to add some personal touches to the wedding and reception. The reception was so elegant that as soon as I entered the reception I felt amazement, joy, and relief. Jacquelyn was able to give me a dream wedding I couldn't have done myself. The venue was the beautiful Lahaina Loft, a venue that's right on the historic Front Street, with a balcony overlooking the street and with ocean views.

Why spend hours analyzing vendors and reading reviews, when you can have a pro do it? If you want an intimate wedding, if you want to elope, or if you want a huge wedding, and if you're in the market for a wedding planner, Jacquelyn / The Destination Wedding Group should top your list!

*note: some pictures are mine and some were taken by our photographer Amity Mason, the great photographer that Jacquelyn picked out!

Sent on 01/04/2019
    The Destination Wedding Group 15
    The Destination Wedding Group 16
    The Destination Wedding Group 17

The Destination Wedding Group's reply:

Thank you so much Kara and Daniel for the wonderful review!
    It was such a pleasure getting to know you and working with you to make your wedding dreams come true! This was truly a special experience and all of the wedding professionals involved were so thrilled to be a part of providing you with your Maui Dream Wedding!

Richard L Sherman · Married on 10/30/2018

Our Maui wedding

Jacquleyn, thank you so very much for making our Maui destination wedding so special. We had a limited budget and it worked out good, her team was great we'll have memories for a lifetime, Thank you again to all of you!
    Richard &Jojo

Sent on 11/07/2018

The Destination Wedding Group's reply:

Hi Richard & JoJo, Thank you! It was such an honor to work with you both and a pleasure to be able to meet your budget to provide you with a beautiful wedding experience!
    I wish you both the very best in life!
  • F

Flo · Married on 11/18/2017

Jacquelyn Mendoza is largely responsible for the flawless execution of our wedding. We were trying to manage a wedding long distance, and without her, I would have lost my sanity months ago. We read the reviews of SDDW before we met her Jacquelyn Mendoza, and I honestly saying the negative reviews worried me. They are the anomalies, SDDW clearly took the feedback in and incorporated solutions into their business practice going forward. Calls and texts were promptly returned, the contract terms were fulfilled completely, and every detail was perfect. We (me) went overboard from what we originally specified we wanted, despite my husband's efforts to remind me we wanted a down-to-earth wedding. She handled the change controls with ease. I didn't have to remind SDDDW about anything, and there were no surprises. I am a detail person, when you run high 8-figure projects, you learn that the details break you. That didn't need to be explained to Jacquelyn. She had it covered. She thought of things I didn't, made the reception and wedding look great, and managed a challenging venue where the wedding was to occur. Her choices were excellent: Photography (Stephy Wong), Cake (Cute Cakes), DJ(Sunset Music), and Flowers/decor. Our officiant came prepared, though my husband would have preferred that were told prior to the ceremony that we needed to bring our ID to the ceremony. The food was provided by the venue I selected, however, Jacquelyn performed the tasting for me, since I had to travel on the east coast most of the third quarter. Her choices were impeccable. SDDW exceeded all expectations.

Sent on 11/27/2017
    The Destination Wedding Group 18
    The Destination Wedding Group 19

The Destination Wedding Group's reply:

Thank you Flo! It was such a pleasure working with you and Tom!
    I am going to miss talking with you. We have to keep in touch!
    I wish you all the best on your new lives together as husband and wife!
    xoxoxo

The Destination Wedding Group FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 1,500.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 3,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Full Planning
  • How many planners are on your team? 3