Washington, DC 56972 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 21

About The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA)

Looking for a same day marriage, signature service, DC wedding chapel elopement, customized ceremony, or a DC marriage license by proxy? If so, call us. We even offer professional photography sessions to our eloping couples. Check out www.starlenemoonphotography.com.

The DC Marriage Knot has the most respected and well trained wedding officiants in the area. We have been creating customized ceremonies since 2004. And we serve all couples equally.

If you want someone that resonates with your style and on your side, call us today. We don't drop the ball after your ceremony is over. We are seminary trained, experience ministers, who do more than weddings, and we take our responsibilities seriously.

We offer a variety of ways to create a customized ceremony that is special and meaningful to you. Our reviews speak volumes of our lead minister, Reverend Starlene Joyner Burns and her approach to serving you.

Couples say wonderful things about her. "Perfect," "you did an awesome job" are words she often hears immediately following many ceremonies she officiates.

We love what we do, and that love is reflected in many ways.

So call today and book your meeting now. Meanwhile continue reading Rev. Burns reviews and learn more about her.

Meeting Day Discussion (not all packages)

Your love story, Venue, Ceremony Types, Workbook Options, Rituals, Children & Pets, Vows, Processional, Attire, Aisle runner, Planner, Name Changing, Marriage License, and other ceremony logistics

Ways to Meet

There are three ways our meeting can take place:

1. In person (Meeting location in Bowie, Maryland); 2. Skype (confirmation needed); 3. Phone (call initiated by the couple)

Meet our lead minister

I am Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns, a nondenominational minister, meditation instructor, artist, photographer, and dedicated servant of Divine Love.

My passion for marriage has placed me on the frontlines of the marriage equality movement in Maryland. And I enjoy working with all couples in creating a ceremony that best reflects their love.

If you're ready to meet, call me today!

Until then, congratulations on making the most important decision of your life. I know you're excited, and I'm excited for you.

And I'm looking forward to being your perfect wedding officiant.

Follow The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA) on
website 1 1
alix and dan2
website 30

• Videos 1

113 Reviews for The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA)

Cheryl · Married on 09/23/2018

My husband and I had a New Year's Eve (12/31/2017) ceremony at a friends studio. She came highly recommended for this event and I am very thankful for the recommendation. She provided a questionnaire for us to complete and her website answered a lot of my questions ahead of time. We exchanged texts a few times and we also could have Skyped, met in person or talked over the phone, if needed. She provided the ceremony details ahead of time and my family felt the words were exactly meant for us. The delivery of the wedding was superb.

Amy · Married on 09/07/2018

Rev. Burns officiated our simple civil ceremony on September 7, 2018 at the DC War Memorial. She provided a script ahead of time that we were encouraged to edit as desired. She incorporated our edits without question and suggested the placement of two poems that we wished to be read during the ceremony. I spoke with Rev. Burns one time and we met her as a couple the week before the ceremony. She was punctual to our meeting and to the ceremony. She has a great sense of humor and style! The ceremony turned out just as we had planned and it was just what we had intended. Rev. Burns took care of all the official paperwork afterwords. I would highly recommend Rev. Burns.

The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA) 1
    The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA) 2
    The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA) 3
    The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA) 4

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

The DC Marriage Knot - Officiants to All (MD, DC, NoVA) FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 495.00
  • Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Buddhist, Earth-Based, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Islam, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Pagan, Presbyterian, Quaker, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? DC, MD, NY, VA
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Justy Photography
    Justy Photography Wedding Photographers

I have done a few weddings with Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns and she is extremely professional and so easy to work with. I would strongly recommend her services to all of my clients.

• James Bonato Video
    James Bonato Video Wedding Videographers

I have done countless weddings with Ms. Burns over the years. She is an absolute delight and easy to work with. I recommend her to everyone!

• DJ Angie D Entertainment
    DJ Angie D Entertainment Wedding DJs

Had the opportunity to be the wedding entertainment for a commitment ceremony that Rev Burns was the officiant of. She organized the couple's entrance with their attendees and made the guests feel like family. She was absolutely great fun and personable. I look forward to working with her in future ceremonies.

• Washington, DC See on map