The DC Marriage Knot

Washington, Washington, DC 56972 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 10

About The DC Marriage Knot

The DC Marriage Knot is a fantistic well known wedding officiating company located in our Nations Capital (Washington DC). We specialize in customized ceremonies, elopements, marriage license processing for our DC couples, and elopement photography.

We are inclusive. No couple is turned away.

Experience
Founder Starlene Joyner Burns is a trained spiritual science minister and shares her experience and expertise with couples of all faiths, those without a church home, and non-believers.
She takes pride serving Christians, Muslims, multi-faith, spiritual and non-religious couples throughout the DMV.

Starlene don't read your ceremony, with her excellent speaking voice, she delivers your cermony in a style perfect for all to hear. She also works in tantrum with your other vendors to ensure a fabulous affair. Her calm nature, attention to details, professionalism, with her uncanny ability to assess your needs; sets her apart from other wedding officiants.

The DC Marriage Knot provides an all-inclusive Winter/Fall Elopement and macro wedding packages for destination events. We also provide customized ceremonies at your location, and much more. We have many packages to choose from and will interpret your wedding vision to help you plan accordingly.

• Customized ceremonies

The DC Marriage Knot 3
The DC Marriage Knot 4
The DC Marriage Knot 5

Cheryl · Married on 09/23/2018

My husband and I had a New Year's Eve (12/31/2017) ceremony at a friends studio. She came highly recommended for this event and I am very thankful for the recommendation. She provided a questionnaire for us to complete and her website answered a lot of my questions ahead of time. We exchanged texts a few times and we also could have Skyped, met in person or talked over the phone, if needed. She provided the ceremony details ahead of time and my family felt the words were exactly meant for us. The delivery of the wedding was superb.

Amy · Married on 09/07/2018

Rev. Burns officiated our simple civil ceremony on September 7, 2018 at the DC War Memorial. She provided a script ahead of time that we were encouraged to edit as desired. She incorporated our edits without question and suggested the placement of two poems that we wished to be read during the ceremony. I spoke with Rev. Burns one time and we met her as a couple the week before the ceremony. She was punctual to our meeting and to the ceremony. She has a great sense of humor and style! The ceremony turned out just as we had planned and it was just what we had intended. Rev. Burns took care of all the official paperwork afterwords. I would highly recommend Rev. Burns.

The DC Marriage Knot 6

• Does starting price include the ceremony rehearsal? No
  • What is the starting price for ceremony rehearsals? $ 150.00
  • What is the starting price for pre-marital counseling (per session)? $ 150.00
  • What services do you provide? Allow Couples' Own Vows, Licensed
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baptist, Buddhist, Earth-Based, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Islam, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Pagan, Presbyterian, Quaker, Unitarian
  • On average, how long are wedding ceremonies you officiate? Less than 30 mins.
  • In which states are you licensed? DC, MD, NY, VA
  • What languages do you speak? English

• Justy Photography
    Justy Photography Wedding Photographers

I have done a few weddings with Rev. Starlene Joyner Burns and she is extremely professional and so easy to work with. I would strongly recommend her services to all of my clients.

• James Bonato Video
    James Bonato Video Wedding Videographers

I have done countless weddings with Ms. Burns over the years. She is an absolute delight and easy to work with. I recommend her to everyone!

• DJ Angie D Entertainment
    DJ Angie D Entertainment Wedding DJs

Had the opportunity to be the wedding entertainment for a commitment ceremony that Rev Burns was the officiant of. She organized the couple's entrance with their attendees and made the guests feel like family. She was absolutely great fun and personable. I look forward to working with her in future ceremonies.

• Washington Washington, District of Columbia, DC 56972 See on map