Plano, TX 75094 Map · Phone number

About Takes the Cakes by Millie

Takes the Cakes was born in my mind and heart many, many years ago and in early 2005 I had the opportunity to realize my dream by opening a fully legal commercial cake shop dedicated to creating customized and tasty decorated cakes.

No pastries, cookies, pies and hardly a cupcake...just made-to-order cake designs! Decorating cakes for close to 20 years, my experience, passion and attention to detail are what set apart my cakes and keep my clients happy.

My work standard is Quality over Quantity which in my vision translates into beautiful cakes for weddings, birthdays, baby showers and other special occasions. To uphold my standard, a limited number of cakes are accepted per week, so appointments or phone consultations are necessary.

The best way to reach me these days is by email at milliecakes12@aol.com. My shop hours are by appointment only and I am closed on Sunday and Monday.

Follow Takes the Cakes by Millie on

55 Reviews for Takes the Cakes by Millie

1 User photo

Takes the Cakes by Millie 1

kelly · Married on 09/09/2017

I’ve used Millie several times for my cake needs, and recently hired her to bake our wedding cake in September, 2017. As always, she did a downright fabulous job. The cake was incredibly beautiful, and exactly what I had described to her that I had wanted. And Y’ALL – it was DELICIOUS!! We went with yellow cake, with milk chocolate filling and butter cream icing. It was so moist and perfect!! We provided cake flowers (including succulents) for Millie to add to our cake and she did a beautiful job arranging those on our cake. I will continue to use Millie for my future cake needs!! Thanks again Millie!!

Takes the Cakes by Millie 2

Hannah · Married on 07/08/2017

Millie did such an amazing job with our wedding cakes! We had a pretty traditional bride's cake which was amazingly delicious and so beautiful! Exactly like her sample photos. She even placed the flowers/cake topper perfectly and provided a cake stand. The groom's cake had a "traditional tattoo" theme which needs a certain level of artistry and technique to pull off - Millie pulled it off perfectly! It was probably the most talked about thing at our wedding. Definitely a special touch and the groom loved it and couldn't get over how accurate the artwork was. Any time I need a cake in DFW I am definitely reaching out to Millie again! Amazing value for the quality, and you deal directly with the owner who is incredibly professional and friendly.

Sarah · Married on 01/03/2016

I absolutely loved the cake! It was delicious and looked stunning. Millie did a great job. She was so easy to work with and very quick to respond if I had any questions. The cake was delivered and set up on time. I was so impressed with Millie throughout the whole wedding planning process. I would definitely recommend Millie to others for a wedding cake. Her work is fantastic and the cake tasted delicious. Thank you Millie!

Takes the Cakes by Millie FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • What is the starting price for fondant wedding cakes (per slice, without tax)? $ 5.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of the cake? Anniversary Cake
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Groom's Cake
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Delivery, Setup
  • Are you licensed by the state health department? Not Required

• NTF Design
    NTF Design Wedding Florists

Go with TAKES THE CAKES BY MILLIE!!!!!!!!!! The best in the business !!!! The cake are very beautiful designs with a very talented designer Millie....Oh, the cake are so good tasting also !!!!!! if you need a cake or etc.. for any event call Millie she with make it happen....You Rock Millie!!!!!!!

• Rev. Cindy Clark-Heald
    Rev. Cindy Clark-Heald Wedding Officiants

Takes the Cakes by Millie literally takes to heart your wedding cake dreams!

• Calligraphy by Angela
    Calligraphy by Angela Wedding Invitations

I recommend the services of Takes the Cakes by Millie to make your Wedding Day a one-of-a-kind event that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for years to come. ~~ Angela www.calligraphybyangela.com 214 957 2155 Dallas Calligrapher

• Plano, TX See on map
    4694679620 (Other Phone Number)
    Hours by Appointment