Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Susan Stripling Photography

Susan Stripling never knew that she'd end up a wedding photographer. Though she purchased her first camera in high school she went to college to study theatre and dance, obtaining a BFA in 2001. Shortly upon her move to New York City after college graduation Susan realized that the life of a starving actor was not for her and went on to consider several career paths. She waited tables, was a receptionist at a failing dotcom, worked in a Broadway theatre casting office, and finally found her love for Photoshop when she began studying digital and graphic design.

Upon her move to Florida in 2001 Susan picked up her camera and looked at it seriously for the first time. She photographed her first wedding that fall and was in love. The fantastic theatre and emotion of weddings moved her in a way nothing had before and her business was born that year.

Susan has photographed weddings all throughout the US, the Caribbean, South America, Finland, France, and the Bahamas. She's been published in Inside Weddings, Martha Stewart Weddings, Grace Ormonde Wedding Style, Bride and Bloom, Modern Bride, the Knot, Professional Photographer magazine, Rangerfinder magazine, Capture magazine, Elegant Bride,in trade publications for Nikon USA, and Town and Country Weddings. Susan's teaching career has developed as well; she has been seen at past Digital Wedding Forum conventions, gives private and group workshops throughout the USA, and has spoken at for WPPI and PPA.

In 2009 Susan won Third Place in the Bride and Groom Together category of WPPI's international yearly 16x20 competition. in 2010 she won first place in the Wedding Photojournalism category and the Grand Award in the Photojournalism division.

Susan lives in Brooklyn, new york with her two wonderful daughters.

Categories: Wedding Photographer

Destination / Travel (1)
Albums (1)
Flush Mount (1)
Prints (1)

I loved susan from the moment I found her on social media and my gut was right to go with her as my wedding photographer
I love!!!! My wedding pics!
I highly recommend her for any future brides still looking for a photographer!

Photo of Susan Stripling Photography in Brooklyn, NY - This is one of my favs by Susan.... too many favorites! :)
Profile Picture Mardiluz , 11/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Photography

Working with Susan was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Her work absolutely gorgeous and unique. She captured the essence of my husband’s and my relationship throughout our engagement and wedding photos. We just got our wedding photos back and we are having an extremely difficult time just choosing which ones to print because there are so many beautiful ones to choose from. Regarding her work, Susan captures the light perfectly and makes the photos looks artistic, but in a natural way. She gets behind the scene shots and just truly unique moments. Not only is her work amazing, but her personality is everything you could want in a photographer. She has such a wonderful demeanor; she made my husband and me (people who don’t like to take pictures) comfortable throughout the entire process – making us laugh and let us just have an amazing time at our wedding. To me the most important part of a wedding (besides getting married to the person you love and sharing the special day with your family) is the photographer – they are the ones that capture the moments that will last you a lifetime...and honestly Susan did just that! I would HIGHLY recommend Susan for your engagement and/or wedding photographer.

Profile Picture Rachel, 11/4/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Our wonderful wedding celebration was a mere two months ago. We have recently received the pictures, and we feel incredibly fortunate that Susan Stripling was our photographer. Susan was extremely professional throughout the entire engagement and wedding experience. Our daughter had an engagement shoot, and Susan managed to take shots that were both beautiful and yet captured our kids’ humorous personalities. We, as the parents, were so proud to show our friends and relatives the photographs that were taken. In fact, all the way through, the wedding experience with Susan was seamless. She and her crew were professional, discreet, and efficient. They captured our wonderful celebration and the joy that was pervasive. What’s more, the shots both candid and planned showed the entire night’s important moments. Many of the shots are honestly worthy of placement in a bridal magazine. I cannot stress enough how incredible our experience with Susan has been, and we wholeheartedly would refer her to anyone who wants the best the industry has to offer. When everything is said and done, after a wedding all you are left with are the memories in photographs. We feel so lucky that Susan Stripling was the person who photographed our memories.

Profile Picture Deborah, 11/4/17, 3 Reviews