Susan Stripling Photography Reviews

Susan Stripling Photography 5
Susan Stripling Photography 6
Susan Stripling Photography 7

Lucy · Married on 09/21/2019

Susan and her team are a must hire group of wedding photographers! We hired her for our rehearsal dinner and wedding in June 2018 and were absolutely blown away by the whole experience. Susan has set up a true photography business and as a result, will offer far more than just great wedding photos on your day (although these are a given). She will help you set up your day of timeline, will help connect you to other vendors if you need recommendations, and will help keep you on track with other planning processes that you're working through. On the day of, she will be attentive, but not intrusive, will be behind the scenes but also able to direct a crowd, and will do everything in her power to capture the absolute best wedding photos you could ever imagine.

I would HIGHLY recommend Susan for anyone looking for a wedding photographer and can honestly say, I could not have imagine working with anyone else on my big day. She is a true and rare talent....and a must use for any big day!

Sent on 06/22/2018
  • Kaitlin

Kaitlin · Married on 07/13/2019

Simply Amazing

Susan did an amazing job capturing our special day. She was able to work quickly without effecting the quality of the work. EVERY photo she delivered was terrific. We got a wide variety of scenery changing lighting and backgrounds. I highly recommend, great experience.

Sent on 09/15/2019
  • Ashley

Ashley Friend · Married on 05/31/2019

The best photographer!

We hired Susan to be the photographer at our wedding and it was one of the best vendor decisions that we made! You can tell by her instagram that she has a great eye for interesting lighting and amazing pictures, but the thing that isn't obvious is how funny and sweet she is! Susan kept my husband and I laughing throughout the night and we never once got tired of posing for pictures. She spent time looking for the best locations at the venue for staged pictures and managed to capture the best candid moments as well. Choosing our favorite pictures was the most difficult part of working with her since every picture was even better than the last! Every person we show the pictures too can't believe what an amazing photographer she is. We can't wait to make our album and would HIGHLY recommend Susan for anyone's special day!

Sent on 07/24/2019
    Susan Stripling Photography 8
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Graham · Married on 02/02/2019

Most important and BEST wedding decision made

Susan photographed my sister's wedding several years ago. After seeing how comfortable my sister was working with her, and how beautiful her photos were, there was no doubt in my mind that I wanted Susan to photograph my own wedding this year down in the Bahamas. Turns out this was the BEST DECISION I could have made!!! Susan is warm, bubbly and enthusiastic, which makes the whole process of being under a camera lens (which can sometimes be intimidating) relaxed and enjoyable. More importantly, I was not only beyond happy with the final photos, I was also surprised, and in the best way possible! Once the wedding started, I did not once feel like I was being hounded with cameras, or that time with my friends and family was interrupted by a photographer swarming us. In fact, once the party started, I didn’t even see Susan! Yet there are COUNTLESS photos of everyone enjoying themselves throughout the entire night, and numerous images that capture intimate moments shared between me and my husband that we now have preserved forever. Susan was 100% present without being invasive, a sign of excellence in a photographer. We truly cannot thank Susan and her team enough. My husband and I (and our guests!!!) cannot stop raving about these beautiful images that so perfectly portray every visual and emotional aspect of our wedding.

Sent on 03/15/2019
    Susan Stripling Photography 17
  • Amanda

Amanda Lamotte Estus · Married on 12/09/2018

Hire her now!

Susan is a dream. Hire her now. Seriously, take my word for it and just do it. I feel like the luckiest bride in the world to have had her as a part of our day. First of all, she’s a photography genius (no seriously, google her awards and accolades- she’s a genius). Second, she is the most lovely human to have around you on your wedding day. And while that may seem secondary in choice of photographers- it’s a huge factor. She was with me from the moment I put my makeup on to the second I drove away with my new husband. And she made us feel comfortable, made us smile, laugh and also never made us feel on display. She captured beautiful candid images of us and our family and friends, while also (very quickly and efficiently) making beautiful portraits for us. We love absolutely every image she created, she kept us on schedule allowing us to have some alone time before our reception, and she returned images to us SO quickly. She answered every question I had big or small leading up to our wedding day incredibly quickly. I could go on for days about how much I love Susan and her work- but chat with her, look at her gallery and see for yourself!

Sent on 01/09/2019

Tom E · Married on 12/09/2018

Susan was fantastic!

As the father of the groom, I found Susan to be incredibly efficient and easy to deal with. She was everywhere she needed to be and she captured some incredible shots.

Sent on 01/20/2019

Ben Estus · Married on 12/09/2018

Incredible

Susan is truly amazing. She is so friendly, fun, and brilliant. She helped our day run perfectly and smoothly and her photos are incredible. You spend a lot of time with your photographer on the wedding day and she is such a joy to hang out with. She got our photos back to us so quickly and every single one is so beautiful. I can't recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 01/24/2019
  • Jean

Jean · Married on 10/20/2018

Susan Stripling is Splendid & Special

Susan Stripling is a sensational photographer.

She has brilliant artistic vision and creativity, and the technical genius to make it work. Susan is also a very lovely person to work with. She and her two colleagues photographed our son's wedding day, from getting ready in the morning to the last dance of the evening. The photographers were everywhere, yet very discreet. They were full of energy and enthusiasm, yet very calm. What a marvelous decision it was to have Susan as our wedding photographer!

While our two families planned the wedding, I forwarded Susan's website to our son, his fiancée, and her parents with a comment: "Fasten your seat belts for this one!" SusanStripling.com is dazzling to look at, and helpful to read. Her extraordinary talent, her buttoned-up professionalism, and her warm personality are reflected in her website. Susan has the process of wedding photography down to an art, of course, but also to a science. She has vast experience, and is well organized, so we knew the wedding day would proceed smoothly and the photographs would be spectacular. And they are! WOW is a word used by everyone who sees them.

A week after the wedding, we received a sneak peek of some of the photos, which Susan presented in a blog posted on her website:

We are absolutely thrilled with the photos! Both Susan's stunning photographs and her descriptive writing vividly capture the highlights and the essence of our joyous, glorious day.

Sent on 11/18/2018

Colleen Young · Married on 09/26/2018

Awesome...talented, funny and great photographer too !

My husband & I decided New York was "The Place" for us to marry. I planned our afternoon of photos with Susan via email as we live in Australia. We shared quite a lot of dialogue organising the day and where we would go for our photos. I was a little worried my expectations would not be met, as we had not met Susan beforehand and we were not familiar with New York....being our first visit.
    Susan was amazing, she had us entertained and wasn't long before the banter started between us all. We had an great afternoon, Susan had us relaxed and laughing all afternoon. We felt like we have know her for years.
    Susan's images were amazing, just what we wanted. The sneak peaks she sent to us a couple of days after were soon sent off to family and friends with everyone commenting on how magazine like the images were. Susan has an eye for natural light and the end results speak for themselves.
    A true honour to work with this lovely woman....you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 01/10/2019

Craig · Married on 09/15/2018

Excellent work!

It was our pleasure to have Susan with us on our wedding day. She was very easy to be around on a stressful day and had so many amazing angles in mind for our photos (backgrounds, poses, etc.). Our pictures are AMAZING!

Sent on 11/20/2018

Jessica Lee · Married on 09/08/2018

Very talented and professional photographer

Susan was absolutely wonderful for our wedding. She is extremely professional and her photos effectively captured all of the important aspects of the day. Her online portfolio can speak for her amazing talent. She is very enthusiastic about her work with an easy going and fun personality. Leading up to the big day she was very responsive to all of my questions via email and phone. Her website is also very detail oriented and really helps in setting expectations and planning how the day will go. The day of she was organized, but also flexible with any last minute changes or decisions we had to make. Our photos were also delivered and edited with amazing detail in a timely manner. Overall she is an EXCELLENT photographer and highly recommended!

Sent on 11/28/2018

Kimberly · Married on 06/09/2018

Susan & Sandra were amazing to work with for the entire time leading up to, day of, and after our wedding day. Leading up to the wedding Susan was the most in touch vendor we dealt with, checking in on me and how I was doing every step of the way, even beyond just photography. Her survey covered every question of what we were looking for out of our photos for the day, and Sandra had our responses with her on the day of to make sure everything we asked for was covered. We had only met Susan and Sandra in person at our wedding day, and they were so personable and amazing to work with. My husband and I, as well as our families, were so comfortable with them that our pictures really portray no one even realizing they were there. Our wedding photos are filled with pure emotion, happiness, smiles, tears and attitude, that was an exact capture of our day. We received our photos back within a few weeks, which we were too excited for, and we were blown away. Susan & Sandra were still in touch and extremely responsive to ensure we were beyond happy, even editing faces, squints, and blinks to make sure we had photos where everyone looked their best. If you are considering Susan look no further. Your wedding photos will perfectly capture the emotion and fun of your day that you can relive forever. Thank you Susan!

Sent on 09/12/2018
    Susan Stripling Photography 25
    Susan Stripling Photography 26
    Susan Stripling Photography 27

Christopher Ghent · Married on 06/08/2018

World-class, down to earth, best in the business.

Susan is one of the best photographers that I've ever worked with from a professional point of view and on a human level. HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend.

She just has that energy that you want to be around, but balanced with the complete and total creative insight that you need to create what the moment captured in a photo can be. She also happens to be able to bend light to deliver AMAZING results. If you're looking for an engagement, wedding, portraits, or even commercial photographer... Susan is your woman.

She also happens to have an amazing crew and we were fortunate enough to work with the amazing Shayla Benoit, who also deserves a shout out. Together their energy is contagious and if you're feeling any stress, they'll make it melt away without even trying. True results driven professionals.

Sent on 11/17/2018

Abigail · Married on 05/27/2018

I am so incredibly happy that we got to work with Susan and her team at our wedding. She was so knowledgeable, kind and enthusiastic, and I couldn't have been happier with the result. We got all of our prints in a very timely manner, and are currently in the process of creating our album. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone who wants someone who is both 100% professional and 100% fun.

Sent on 08/21/2018

dani · Married on 05/19/2018

Susan is the best! Her photos are art. Not the run-of-the-mill wedding photos that you typically see - she is so special. She's the best person and so easy to work with! Can't say enough good things about our experience with her.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Mardiluz · Married on 11/18/2017

I loved susan from the moment I found her on social media and my gut was right to go with her as my wedding photographer
    I love!!!! My wedding pics!
    I highly recommend her for any future brides still looking for a photographer!

Sent on 12/26/2017
    Susan Stripling Photography 28

Rachel · Married on 11/04/2017

Working with Susan was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. Her work absolutely gorgeous and unique. She captured the essence of my husband’s and my relationship throughout our engagement and wedding photos. We just got our wedding photos back and we are having an extremely difficult time just choosing which ones to print because there are so many beautiful ones to choose from. Regarding her work, Susan captures the light perfectly and makes the photos looks artistic, but in a natural way. She gets behind the scene shots and just truly unique moments. Not only is her work amazing, but her personality is everything you could want in a photographer. She has such a wonderful demeanor; she made my husband and me (people who don’t like to take pictures) comfortable throughout the entire process – making us laugh and let us just have an amazing time at our wedding. To me the most important part of a wedding (besides getting married to the person you love and sharing the special day with your family) is the photographer – they are the ones that capture the moments that will last you a lifetime...and honestly Susan did just that! I would HIGHLY recommend Susan for your engagement and/or wedding photographer.

Sent on 12/21/2017

Deborah · Married on 11/04/2017

Our wonderful wedding celebration was a mere two months ago. We have recently received the pictures, and we feel incredibly fortunate that Susan Stripling was our photographer. Susan was extremely professional throughout the entire engagement and wedding experience. Our daughter had an engagement shoot, and Susan managed to take shots that were both beautiful and yet captured our kids’ humorous personalities. We, as the parents, were so proud to show our friends and relatives the photographs that were taken. In fact, all the way through, the wedding experience with Susan was seamless. She and her crew were professional, discreet, and efficient. They captured our wonderful celebration and the joy that was pervasive. What’s more, the shots both candid and planned showed the entire night’s important moments. Many of the shots are honestly worthy of placement in a bridal magazine. I cannot stress enough how incredible our experience with Susan has been, and we wholeheartedly would refer her to anyone who wants the best the industry has to offer. When everything is said and done, after a wedding all you are left with are the memories in photographs. We feel so lucky that Susan Stripling was the person who photographed our memories.

Sent on 12/30/2017

Kaitlyn · Married on 09/16/2017

We discovered Susan through my step-sister, who does some wedding photography and has taken classes with Susan online. When she heard we were getting married in Brooklyn, she said we HAD to use Susan, and I'm so glad she did. Our wedding pictures are better than I ever could have imagined. Susan is a true artist. We are so thankful that we had her there to document our day.

One thing you have to know about Susan is that she is a photojournalist. She really is there to document the day, not pose it. That's exactly what we were looking for. It is funny though, because a couple days after our wedding, I thought to myself, "Wow, I really don't remember seeing Susan all night! I hope we got some good pictures." I have to admit, I was a little nervous, but I was silly to doubt her. She is just so good at what she does, she really does get the best candid shots because she isn't in your face about her photography, she really is just in the background as a part (an essential part...) of your day.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Jocinda · Married on 08/03/2017

There was no question in my mind who my ideal photographer would be for our wedding. I have followed (stalked) Susan Stripling for years and I have always admired her use of light and the emotion that her images evoke. My husband and I are also wedding photographers so we knew that this was an area of our wedding that we were willing to splurge on. Let me tell you – It Was So Worth It! When we saw our gallery we were blown away by all of the images we received and how gorgeous they were. I loved reliving our day and seeing the things that I never really had a chance to absorb that day.
    Susan was phenomenal to work with. She was calming and it was so easy for us to relax in front of her. I’m sure that most couples choose to have an engagement session but because she is in New York and we are in Washington that was not an option. I will be honest, I seriously felt like we had a previous session already with her – we were that comfortable. The way she treated us that day and after made me and my husband feel like we were her only clients and we felt so special.
    I would encourage you, especially if you are in her area, just email her and see her sample galleries. They are some of the most consistent galleries that you will find. Now we have hundreds of gorgeous images that I cannot wait to display in our home and pass down to our children. I am so thankful we have these memories and the icing on the cake for us was getting to meet an amazingly talented and kind photographer who both my husband and I have admired for years.
    I’ll leave you with this – my flowers are dead, my food is gone, we hardly got any cake, we may visit our venue, my décor is almost sold but I will have my wedding photographs forever.

Sent on 08/23/2017

Heather · Married on 06/30/2017

Worth every penny - pray she’s available

From the inception of wedding planning, my husband wanted to penny pinch, and I (like most of you brides) tried to adhere to a budget (but basically failed). When the beautiful dream wedding was over (fast as they say), and we reflected on the fun and what was left, my husband (Dutch and very savings oriented (see how nice I am as a married woman)), said Susan Stripling and her photos (aka memories / artwork) were the only thing totally worth every penny (even a deal). We may still be paying off the wedding (sorry B), but we both agree that every single photo captures the heart of our day AND make us smile every time we review them. Also, as the former bride speaking, I looked better than I ever dreamed .... how did she get all those perfect shots... because she’s Susan Stripling... that’s how. Dial quickly, I keep referring people and she is often booked ... better yet, book her first THEN the date (yep - worth it).... ps I have already hired her for other jobs too.... lucky lucky me! Thanks Susan!!!!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Jacqueline · Married on 06/24/2017

I could not have better things to say about Susan, it I could I would rate her more than five stars. From start to finish, it has been the easiest process of our wedding. As a wedding photographer, we cared very deeply about our wedding photos. We wanted moments captured, without feeling like it took away from our wedding day, and oh boy did Susan deliver. On the day of, she blended in perfectly -- people kept forgetting she was there. She complimented the day so perfectly, and was such a relaxing presence to be around. She managed to herd my extremely large, and somewhat uncooperative family into a great family photograph into record time, and did it with a smile (that's a feat in itself). We would be absolutely over the moon with her on experience alone, but oh my god the images.

Susan captured images that we will both treasure for the rest of our lives. She not only showed how our wedding looked, but how it felt to be there. We have only seen a sneak peek (it's been just over a week since the wedding day), and would be thrilled if those were the only images we received. Everything is stunning, and filled with so much love and life. We could not be happier with them. Our families love them, and loved working with her day of.

Do not heistate to hire her, it was the best decision we made of our whole wedding planning process. She is kind, hysterically funny, and delivers incredible images that you will cherish for the rest of your life.

Sent on 07/05/2017

Sarah · Married on 09/24/2016

My friend's husband is a wedding photographer, and when I first got engaged, he recommended that I check out Susan Stripling's work. The admiration that he, as a professional wedding photographer, gave Susan made me pull out my phone and scroll through her Instagram feed. Every single picture is absolutely gorgeous. I highly recommend you look at her Instagram and website if you haven't already. I talked with my fiance, and he agreed that we could book her. We booked her and our venue around the same time to make sure that they were both available.
    Working with Susan is an absolute treat. Her years of experience is very apparent when speaking to her. She answered all of my questions and set me at ease. She also helped with recommendations of other vendors that she's worked with in the past.
    On the day of, somehow she managed to wrangle both of our families efficiently even though at times I'm sure it was like herding cats. It was amazing watching her work. For our first couples picture, she led us to this spot. Two minutes later, the light changed (undetectably to my untrained eyes), and she had us move slightly to the left. And what do you know.. the pictures afterwards turned out just as she had predicted. The light was perfect.
    Throughout the evening's flurry of events, I didn't even notice when she was taking pictures because she didn't set up crazy flashes throughout the venue. She had a very simple setup, and it worked to get photos with much more natural lighting. I'm so happy with how all of the pictures turned out.
    I also booked her photobooth option. While photobooths are going out of style, I would recommend booking hers if your budget allows. My guests loved the photobooth because 1.) there were no lines even though it was very popular, and 2.) they got to keep the 4x6 printouts that were printed right after the photo was shot.
    I can't speak highly enough of Susan and her work. I wish I could give her more than 5 stars.

Sent on 01/02/2017

Bridget · Married on 06/04/2016

There isn't enough space for me to express my gratitude to Susan for shooting our June 4th wedding at XIX in Philly. I'm notoriously long winded so will try and be as brief as possible. Susan is awesome; her assistant is awesome; even her dog is awesome! She was easy to work with, professional, and creative. We felt like celebrities doing a photo shoot during our first look around Philly! The photographs Susan took are beautiful, we love them and we've received so many compliments on them. Many of our guests and friends are now following Susan on Instagram--I recommend to anyone reading this to spend two minutes right now and check out her gorgeous photos of the Hamilton cast and you'll see for yourself that the 5 stars are well deserved. The value we received for the price we paid was well worth it. If only Susan was there to capture all of life's big moments! I would highly recommend Susan to any couple looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 01/14/2017

Alyssa · Married on 05/29/2015

My sister suggested that we check out hiring Susan as our wedding photographer when she saw photos on Facebook of her friend's wedding (which were gorgeous). After viewing Susan's portfolio, we knew we had to hire her. We loved the raw emotion that came through in her photos and her incredible use of light. We also loved that the photos looked natural and not at all posed as I find is typical of other wedding photographers.

We booked Susan several months in advance to ensure she was available for our wedding. As the day got closer, we had several touch points with Susan both via email and telephone to ensure all the details of the day were ironed out. With our wedding being in Manhattan and us wanting to do first look along with photos of us and our dog there were a lot of logistics that needed to be ironed out. Susan provided great suggestions as to certain areas of Manhattan that she suggested we shoot in addition to being completely patient and easy going as we moved around the city. Susan was incredible to work with and very efficient in getting her shots--there was no standing around or wasting time. Throughout the night Susan was quick to jump on photo requests and also captured candid shots. We are so excited to receive the final images and would recommend booking Susan to anyone in need of her services. We LOVED having her as such an important part of our wedding day!

Sent on 06/02/2015