Newport News, VA 23606 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 9
  • Pricing

About Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Surf & Sound Events, LLC was founded in 2014, but the story goes back much further than that. I have always been a lover of music, both listening and playing. Guitar, bass, and drums have all been passions for a long time, and I also do my fair share of singing. I've also spent plenty of time behind the soundboard in various musical settings.

Since 2006 my full-time job has been working with InterVarsity at my alma mater, Christopher Newport University, in Newport News, VA. Over the years I've attended many weddings of former students, and numerous times I was asked to either run sound for the ceremony, or set up a PA system to be used at the reception.

My friends Chris and Sarah asked me to be the DJ and Master of Ceremonies at their reception a while back. I figured I knew the sound system part, I knew the MC part, I knew good music, I knew how to keep track of the details involved in a reception, and I knew what reception guests wanted (and didn't want) from a wedding DJ, so I agreed. That would be one of the best decisions I would ever make! I received many compliments and had a fantastic time doing it. So thanks to Chris and Sarah for taking a risk on me!

After that it was an easy decision to invest in higher-end sound and lighting equipment to really put together a professional and elegant reception.

Follow Surf & Sound Events, LLC on

1 User photo

Surf & Sound Events, LLC 1

Chelsea · Getting married on 10/17/2019

Awesome Dj!

I can't recommend Eric enough! I just got married last weekend and Eric dj'ed our wedding. He was great to work with from the start, very professional and organized. The day of the wedding, he was punctual and worked wonderfully with everyone else involved on wedding day. He has fun with the music and gets everyone onto the dance floor. Eric goes above and beyond to ensure your wedding day is all you imagined. I saw him helping the caterers uncover food at the buffet, that definitely wasn't in his contract but speaks volumes about him. You will not regret hiring him for your event!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Caleb Tupper · Married on 05/18/2019

Great DJ, Professional and Easy to Work With

Surf and Sound Events DJ’d our wedding last month. Eric was very professional, and arrived early to ensure everything was running flawlessly before the wedding.

He also worked really well with our wedding coordinator. Everything was great, and our guests were excited and entertained the whole time.

Sent on 06/30/2019

Erin · Married on 12/15/2018

Highly Recommend

Eric delivers! We had multiple special requests and song changes throughout the ceremony and reception, including a few last minute details we had to ask for. Eric was flawless on all of the details and made us feel at ease throughout the entire process. He also had great suggestions for the timeline, which helped this bride who was planning everything on her own. He is professional, friendly, and really easy to work with. We loved using the Google doc to communicate and make updates as we had time. He helped take the stress out of it. We highly recommend him for your future wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2018

Surf & Sound Events, LLC Pricing

Surf & Sound Events, LLC Price Rates

Surf & Sound Events, LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 995.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Disco Ball, MC, Microphones, Travel Expenses, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 995.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 395.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Christian, Country, Hip Hop, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• I Do Weddings with Love
    I Do Weddings with Love Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure to work with Eric on several occasions. He is a complete professional and joy to be around. His smile lights up a room and his skills are amazing. Any bride would be blessed to have him DJ at their event!

• Dani White Photography
    Dani White Photography Wedding Photographers

Eric at Surf and Sound Evens is someone I always recommend to my couples. He is very professional and has all the equipment. I believe personality really matters when it comes to a DJ! They make or brake your dance floor. The flow of the reception and atmosphere is their responsibility, and I can honestly say that he is a major pro at all that! He is respectful, classy, and never cheesy, and I love working with him!

• Newport News, 23606 See on map
    7576201883 (Phone number)
    Call, text, or e-mail at any time!