Newport News, VA 23606 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 10
  • Pricing

About Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Surf & Sound Events, LLC was founded in 2014, but the story goes back much further than that. I have always been a lover of music, both listening and playing. Guitar, bass, and drums have all been passions for a long time, and I also do my fair share of singing. I've also spent plenty of time behind the soundboard in various musical settings.

Since 2006 my full-time job has been working with InterVarsity at my alma mater, Christopher Newport University, in Newport News, VA. Over the years I've attended many weddings of former students, and numerous times I was asked to either run sound for the ceremony, or set up a PA system to be used at the reception.

My friends Chris and Sarah asked me to be the DJ and Master of Ceremonies at their reception a while back. I figured I knew the sound system part, I knew the MC part, I knew good music, I knew how to keep track of the details involved in a reception, and I knew what reception guests wanted (and didn't want) from a wedding DJ, so I agreed. That would be one of the best decisions I would ever make! I received many compliments and had a fantastic time doing it. So thanks to Chris and Sarah for taking a risk on me!

After that it was an easy decision to invest in higher-end sound and lighting equipment to really put together a professional and elegant reception.

Follow Surf & Sound Events, LLC on

41 Reviews for Surf & Sound Events, LLC

1 User photo

Chelsea · Married on 10/17/2019

Awesome Dj!

I can't recommend Eric enough! I just got married last weekend and Eric dj'ed our wedding. He was great to work with from the start, very professional and organized. The day of the wedding, he was punctual and worked wonderfully with everyone else involved on wedding day. He has fun with the music and gets everyone onto the dance floor. Eric goes above and beyond to ensure your wedding day is all you imagined. I saw him helping the caterers uncover food at the buffet, that definitely wasn't in his contract but speaks volumes about him. You will not regret hiring him for your event!

Sent on 04/17/2019
  • Melissa

Melissa McReynolds · Married on 10/13/2019

A professional, punctual, pleasant and fun DJ!

Eric/Surf and Sounds Events did a fantastic job DJing and emceeing our October wedding reception. The process he has for gathering info regarding style and wedding logistics is easy and efficient! With a pretty minimal, but appropriate amount of communication regarding the wedding, Eric took what we gave him and DJed a beautiful and fun evening!

Sent on 12/13/2019
  • Moriah

Moriah Tyson · Married on 10/05/2019

Great Experience!

Eric was so kind and professional! from the before sheet he asked me to fill out (which was super convenient since I could work on it as I had time) to now, as during the wedding I liked the music, but it went by so fast I couldn't really appreciate the dj skills... I have had so many people come up to me to say what wonderful conversations they had with him, how professional he was and how much they enjoyed the music. I would definitely recommend Surf & Sound Events for anyone looking for an excellent quality dj!

Sent on 11/05/2019

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Surf & Sound Events, LLC Pricing

Surf & Sound Events, LLC Price Rates

Surf & Sound Events, LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 995.00
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 995
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 395.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Christian
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
    Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Projector
    Uplighting

• I Do Weddings with Love Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure to work with Eric on several occasions. He is a complete professional and joy to be around. His smile lights up a room and his skills are amazing. Any bride would be blessed to have him DJ at their event!

• Dani White Photography Wedding Photographers

Eric at Surf and Sound Evens is someone I always recommend to my couples. He is very professional and has all the equipment. I believe personality really matters when it comes to a DJ! They make or brake your dance floor. The flow of the reception and atmosphere is their responsibility, and I can honestly say that he is a major pro at all that! He is respectful, classy, and never cheesy, and I love working with him!

• Newport News, 23606 See on map
    7576201883 (Phone number)
    Call, text, or e-mail at any time!
    Location of (Surf & Sound Events, LLC)