Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Professional and Personal From Start to Finish!

Surf & Sound Events, LLC was founded in 2014, but the story goes back much further than that.  I have always been a lover of music, both listening and playing. Guitar, bass, and drums have all been passions for a long time, and I also do my fair share of singing. I've also spent plenty of time behind the soundboard in various musical settings.

Since 2006 my full-time job has been working with InterVarsity at my alma mater, Christopher Newport University, in Newport News, VA.  Over the years I've attended many weddings of former students, and numerous times I was asked to either run sound for the ceremony, or set up a PA system to be used at the reception.

My friends Chris and Sarah asked me to be the DJ and Master of Ceremonies at their reception a while back. I figured I knew the sound system part, I knew the MC part, I knew good music, I knew how to keep track of the details involved in a reception, and I knew what reception guests wanted (and didn't want) from a wedding DJ, so I agreed. That would be one of the best decisions I would ever make!  I received many compliments and had a fantastic time doing it. So thanks to Chris and Sarah for taking a risk on me!

After that it was an easy decision to invest in higher-end sound and lighting equipment to really put together a professional and elegant reception.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Microphones (7)
Uplighting (6)
Liability Insurance (1)
One Event Per Day (1)

I was an event coordinator for a large, upscale fundraiser event with dinner, auction and band. Even months prior to the event, Eric was timely on responding and easy to communicate with. As the date got closer, I could tell that he felt confident and knowledgeable about things I was asking for-even before I asked! The date of the event, when I arrived, he was already there setting up. He was dressed to fit in with our elegant event and did disguised the speakers and his equipment well to not stand out. He was on schedule with every transition and made announcements on time and professionally. The music was just as we had discussed and levels perfect. The band said it was the easiest sound check they’d ever had. We even had a famous speaker who joined with the band for one song and Eric made it sound as if they’d played together for years!

Photo of Surf & Sound Events, LLC in Newport News, VA
Profile Picture Lisa, 2/24/18, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My wife found Eric after seeing that he was so highly rated. I was not involved in the selection process of DJ but on my wedding day when I saw him as the DJ I was very pleasantly surprised and so happy to see him! Not only did he do an excellent job, but I loved the idea of doing business with such a great guy who I have been blessed by in the past and who positively impacts the lives of many others through his ministry with Intervarsity at CNU.

Profile Picture Adam, 12/9/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: MC, One Event Per Day

Eric is very good at what he does! It's difficult to find good DJs - especially someone who knows when to slow things down or get things more lively. He was able to accommodate all of our wedding requests and everything went smoothly! A+++

Profile Picture Jiney, 10/7/17, 10 Reviews

220x220 sq 1467123964307 122432709257421008084561419767620521304382n
220x220 sq 1467123969453 1309599810145708619255794487625429607930432n

1 VIDEO

2 ENDORSEMENTS
I have had the pleasure to work with Eric on several occasions. He is a complete professional and joy to be around. His smile lights up a room and his skills are amazing. Any bride would be blessed to have him DJ at their event!

Eric at Surf and Sound Evens is someone I always recommend to my couples. He is very professional and has all the equipment. I believe personality really matters when it comes to a DJ! They make or brake your dance floor. The flow of the reception and atmosphere is their responsibility, and I can honestly say that he is a major pro at all that! He is respectful, classy, and never cheesy, and I love working with him!

Events

Newport News, VA 23606   See On Map
757-620-1883 (phone)
Call, text, or e-mail at any time!