Newport News, VA 23606 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Surf & Sound Events, LLC was founded in 2014, but the story goes back much further than that.  I have always been a lover of music, both listening and playing. Guitar, bass, and drums have all been passions for a long time, and I also do my fair share of singing. I've also spent plenty of time behind the soundboard in various musical settings.

Since 2006 my full-time job has been working with InterVarsity at my alma mater, Christopher Newport University, in Newport News, VA.  Over the years I've attended many weddings of former students, and numerous times I was asked to either run sound for the ceremony, or set up a PA system to be used at the reception.

My friends Chris and Sarah asked me to be the DJ and Master of Ceremonies at their reception a while back. I figured I knew the sound system part, I knew the MC part, I knew good music, I knew how to keep track of the details involved in a reception, and I knew what reception guests wanted (and didn't want) from a wedding DJ, so I agreed. That would be one of the best decisions I would ever make!  I received many compliments and had a fantastic time doing it. So thanks to Chris and Sarah for taking a risk on me!

After that it was an easy decision to invest in higher-end sound and lighting equipment to really put together a professional and elegant reception.

Follow Surf & Sound Events, LLC on

47 Reviews for Surf & Sound Events, LLC

• Katie

Katie Taylor · Getting married on 05/02/2022

A Great DJ Experience

We heard of Eric (Surf & Sounds) through our vendor, but knew he was the right DJ for us after our first phone call with him! It was important to us that all of our friends and family enjoyed themselves on the dance floor without the DJ being too overwhelming of a presence. Eric created that experience perfectly for us! He was very professional and worked well with our venue to make sure everything ran smoothly. He listened to our requests and made sure the music was something we would love. He provided sound for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception which was great to know that all of it was taken care of!

Sent on 03/20/2020

Maddie O · Married on 12/27/2020

Mother of the bride/ wedding

Eric was phenomenal. He was so flexible with the ever changing environment of our wedding season. He was detailed and had us answer a questionnaire ahead of wedding to confirm our desires and then it was followed expertly! I would highly recommend Eric for any event or wedding!

Sent on 12/30/2020
  • Juliet

Juliet · Married on 10/10/2020

Best DJ Ever!

Eric has such a talent for creating a happy energy for all ages! Our dance floor included 5 year olds all the way up to 85 year olds and it was all thanks to Eric and his incredible music selection. He was able to time out songs for our ceremony and reception entrance so that everything could happen when we wanted it to. He effortlessly transitioned himself and his equipment from our ceremony, to our cocktail hour, to our reception. It honestly felt like we had a family friend DJing for us! Thank you for everything, Eric!!

Sent on 11/04/2020

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Surf & Sound Events, LLC Pricing

Surf & Sound Events, LLC Price Rates

Surf & Sound Events, LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?
    $ 1195
  • What is included in the starting price?
    Travel Expenses
    Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 1490
  • What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?
    Travel Expenses
  • What is the starting price for uplighting?
    $ 495
  • What music genres do you specialize in?
    Christian
    Pop
    R&B/Soul
    Rock
    Top 40
  • What services do you offer?
    Do-Not-Play List
    One Event Per Day
  • What additional equipment do you offer?
    Projector
    Uplighting

• I Do Weddings with Love Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure to work with Eric on several occasions. He is a complete professional and joy to be around. His smile lights up a room and his skills are amazing. Any bride would be blessed to have him DJ at their event!

• Dani White Photography Wedding Photographers

Eric at Surf and Sound Evens is someone I always recommend to my couples. He is very professional and has all the equipment. I believe personality really matters when it comes to a DJ! They make or brake your dance floor. The flow of the reception and atmosphere is their responsibility, and I can honestly say that he is a major pro at all that! He is respectful, classy, and never cheesy, and I love working with him!

• Newport News, 23606 See on map
    7576201883 (Phone number)
    Call, text, or e-mail at any time!
    Location of (Surf & Sound Events, LLC)