Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Newport News, VA View map
2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2021 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$1,490 Most Popular Price

Surf & Sound Events, LLC was founded in 2014, but the story goes back much further than that. I have always been a lover of music, both listening and playing. Guitar, bass, and drums have all been passions for a long time, and I also do my fair share of singing. I've also spent plenty of time behind the soundboard in various musical settings.

Since 2006 my full-time job has been working with InterVarsity at my alma mater, Christopher Newport University, in Newport News, VA. Over the years I've attended many weddings of former students, and numerous times I was asked to either run sound for the ceremony, or set up a PA system to be used at the reception.

My friends Chris and Sarah asked me to be the DJ and Master of Ceremonies at their reception a while back. I figured I knew the sound system part, I knew the MC part, I knew good music, I knew how to keep track of the details involved in a reception, and I knew what reception guests wanted (and didn't want) from a wedding DJ, so I agreed. That would be one of the best decisions I would ever make! I received many compliments and had a fantastic time doing it. So thanks to Chris and Sarah for taking a risk on me!

After that it was an easy decision to invest in higher-end sound and lighting equipment to really put together a professional and elegant reception.

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1,195

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,490

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$495

What music genres do you specialize in?

Christian
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
One Event Per Day

What additional equipment do you offer?

Projector
Uplighting

Alyson Married on 06/27/2021

Worth every penny

Eric was absolutely delightful to work with. My husband and I have a variety of music interests. Eric did a phenomenal job of blending our preferences with the interests of our guests to keep the dance floor full! His equipment is top notch, and the quality is noticed. We used Surf & Sound for our ceremony needs as well. Our voices were crystal clear during our outdoor ceremony! I can’t recommend Eric and Surf & Sounds enough.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy B. Married on 04/25/2021

Tailored just for us!

Eric was amazing! He tailored a package that fit exactly what we needed for our small ceremony. During covid times this was a huge help since most places won't budge much on their packages. He found all the music we asked for without us having to provide additional information, it was super easy! The live music after our ceremony was also perfect as our guests enjoyed champagne and we took pictures. We would definitely recommend hiring him!
    Maddie Married on 12/27/2020

Mother of the bride/ wedding

Eric was phenomenal. He was so flexible with the ever changing environment of our wedding season. He was detailed and had us answer a questionnaire ahead of wedding to confirm our desires and then it was followed expertly! I would highly recommend Eric for any event or wedding!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner

Pricing

Surf & Sound Events, LLC Price Rates

I Do Weddings with Love I Do Weddings with Love Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure to work with Eric on several occasions. He is a complete professional and joy to be around. His smile lights up a room and his skills are amazing. Any bride would be blessed to have him DJ at their event!

Dani White Photography Dani White Photography Wedding Photographers

Eric at Surf and Sound Evens is someone I always recommend to my couples. He is very professional and has all the equipment. I believe personality really matters when it comes to a DJ! They make or brake your dance floor. The flow of the reception and atmosphere is their responsibility, and I can honestly say that he is a major pro at all that! He is respectful, classy, and never cheesy, and I love working with him!

Newport News, 23606
7576201883

Call, text, or e-mail at any time!
Location of (Surf & Sound Events, LLC)

Other vendors in Hampton Roads for your wedding