Newport News, VA 23606 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 9
  • Pricing

About Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Surf & Sound Events, LLC was founded in 2014, but the story goes back much further than that. I have always been a lover of music, both listening and playing. Guitar, bass, and drums have all been passions for a long time, and I also do my fair share of singing. I've also spent plenty of time behind the soundboard in various musical settings.

Since 2006 my full-time job has been working with InterVarsity at my alma mater, Christopher Newport University, in Newport News, VA. Over the years I've attended many weddings of former students, and numerous times I was asked to either run sound for the ceremony, or set up a PA system to be used at the reception.

My friends Chris and Sarah asked me to be the DJ and Master of Ceremonies at their reception a while back. I figured I knew the sound system part, I knew the MC part, I knew good music, I knew how to keep track of the details involved in a reception, and I knew what reception guests wanted (and didn't want) from a wedding DJ, so I agreed. That would be one of the best decisions I would ever make! I received many compliments and had a fantastic time doing it. So thanks to Chris and Sarah for taking a risk on me!

After that it was an easy decision to invest in higher-end sound and lighting equipment to really put together a professional and elegant reception.

Follow Surf & Sound Events, LLC on

1 User photo

Surf & Sound Events, LLC 1

H Cook · Married on 10/18/2018

Outstanding!!

Surf and Sound events made our daughter’s wedding ceremony and reception even more special. Eric was not only organized, professional and a great DJ, he was also very personable, pleasant and accommodating. Just an all around great experience working with him. He kept the evening running smoothly and everyone had a wonderful time!!

Liz · Married on 06/30/2018

We highly recommend Surf & Sound Events! After seeing and hearing Eric do an excellent job at a wedding we attended, we booked him for our own. Every step of the process was easy and streamlined, and the execution day-of was perfect. He was flexible with our schedule and helped everything go as smoothly as possible. We were able to enjoy every moment of our reception because of Eric's help and planning. So glad we chose him for our wedding!

Mikaela · Married on 06/16/2018

We got married outdoors at a June wedding last weekend... and Eric was beyooonnnd amazing. From our first point of contact, he was nothing short of helpful, insightful, positive, and friendly. Eric even would ask--as we checked in with each other throughout the planning process--if I needed any help in other areas of my planning. He was helpful with tweaking my timeline and assuring me he'd make sure things ran as smoothly as he could help them to.

The day of, I was stuck up in the bridal suite (of course!), but he arrived early and took time to set everything up with time to spare. He then asked those coordinating (my parents) if there was anything he could do to help--it doesn't get more above and beyond than that, in my book.

Of course, his actual DJing was great--he was patient with my little guests (my 4 year old cousin insisted on requesting songs), and kept the dance floor going... even with our small guest count. His narration was smooth and casual, never cheesy and never bland. And he was ready to do whatever we needed of him as the reception went on throughout the night.

My family and I really appreciate the stellar job Eric did in making my wedding day perfect; he was just the cherry on top. Please give him your utmost consideration when looking for a DJ! You will NOT be disappointed!!

Surf & Sound Events, LLC Pricing

Surf & Sound Events, LLC Price Rates

Surf & Sound Events, LLC FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding DJ services? $ 995.00
  • What is included in the starting price? Consultation, Disco Ball, MC, Microphones, Travel Expenses, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package? $ 995.00
  • What is the starting price for uplighting? $ 395.00
  • What music genres do you specialize in? Christian, Country, Hip Hop, Jazz, Oldies, Pop, R&B/Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What services do you offer? Consultation, Do-Not-Play List, Liability Insurance, MC, One Event Per Day, Video Projection
  • What additional equipment do you offer? Disco Ball, Microphones, Projector, Sound/PA System, Uplighting

• I Do Weddings with Love
    I Do Weddings with Love Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure to work with Eric on several occasions. He is a complete professional and joy to be around. His smile lights up a room and his skills are amazing. Any bride would be blessed to have him DJ at their event!

• Dani White Photography
    Dani White Photography Wedding Photographers

Eric at Surf and Sound Evens is someone I always recommend to my couples. He is very professional and has all the equipment. I believe personality really matters when it comes to a DJ! They make or brake your dance floor. The flow of the reception and atmosphere is their responsibility, and I can honestly say that he is a major pro at all that! He is respectful, classy, and never cheesy, and I love working with him!

• Newport News, VA 23606 See on map
    7576201883 (Phone number)
    Call, text, or e-mail at any time!