Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Nearby Vendors to Consider

About Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Professional and Personal From Start to Finish!

Surf & Sound Events, LLC was founded in 2014, but the story goes back much further than that.  I have always been a lover of music, both listening and playing. Guitar, bass, and drums have all been passions for a long time, and I also do my fair share of singing. I've also spent plenty of time behind the soundboard in various musical settings.

Since 2006 my full-time job has been working with InterVarsity at my alma mater, Christopher Newport University, in Newport News, VA.  Over the years I've attended many weddings of former students, and numerous times I was asked to either run sound for the ceremony, or set up a PA system to be used at the reception.

My friends Chris and Sarah asked me to be the DJ and Master of Ceremonies at their reception a while back. I figured I knew the sound system part, I knew the MC part, I knew good music, I knew how to keep track of the details involved in a reception, and I knew what reception guests wanted (and didn't want) from a wedding DJ, so I agreed. That would be one of the best decisions I would ever make!  I received many compliments and had a fantastic time doing it. So thanks to Chris and Sarah for taking a risk on me!

After that it was an easy decision to invest in higher-end sound and lighting equipment to really put together a professional and elegant reception.

Categories: Wedding DJ

Sound/PA System (8)
Microphones (7)
Uplighting (6)
Liability Insurance (1)

Eric is very good at what he does! It's difficult to find good DJs - especially someone who knows when to slow things down or get things more lively. He was able to accommodate all of our wedding requests and everything went smoothly! A+++

Profile Picture Jiney, 10/7/17, 10 Reviews
Category: DJ

Jordan and I could not have asked for anyone better than Eric! He was, not only our DJ, but also our day-of coordinator. He did such an amazing job of staying in touch with me before the wedding. He was ready to go at the rehearsal the night before and made sure we all knew what was happening and that I felt comfortable and calm. He has such a great sound system, that he was able to have all the music set up on his iPad and control everything from where he was with the bridal party while we lined up, and he directed us down the aisle. For DJing, all I had to do was send him a list of the genres that we like, and he had a whole list prepared and ready to go; he also did such a great job reading the room, even my Grandpa was dancing! The morning of the wedding, Eric made sure to check on me frequently to make sure I was happy with how things were going and to make sure I wasn't freaking out. Eric has such great experience and completely understands how big of a difference a great coordinator and DJ can make, that he gives it his all. It is obvious that he loves what he does. I would certainly recommend having Eric be a part of your special day as both your DJ and coordinator.

Profile Picture Mallory, 10/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

We asked Eric to DJ our wedding on a recommendation from a friend, and he exceeded our every expectation. Fun music, subtle and effective emceeing, continuously bumpin' dance floor, skillful stewarding of the vibe...it was perfect. Eric was professional, friendly, and very easy to work with, and we'd recommend him to anyone.

Profile Picture Sam, 7/15/17, 1 Review

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

1507639934 98b18b2a102922da 10333790 866005496782117 3807629842869158967 o

Non-Saturday Wedding

$200.00 Value | Redeem In-Store
I gladly offer a 10% off discount to any weddings that are not on Saturday. This applies to all services! If you're working on a tight budget but don't want to sacrifice quality and professionalism for your big day consider a Friday or Sunday event.
#WWf498c0fe1c5eecf8

2 ENDORSEMENTS
I have had the pleasure to work with Eric on several occasions. He is a complete professional and joy to be around. His smile lights up a room and his skills are amazing. Any bride would be blessed to have him DJ at their event!

Eric at Surf and Sound Evens is someone I always recommend to my couples. He is very professional and has all the equipment. I believe personality really matters when it comes to a DJ! They make or brake your dance floor. The flow of the reception and atmosphere is their responsibility, and I can honestly say that he is a major pro at all that! He is respectful, classy, and never cheesy, and I love working with him!

Events

Newport News, VA 23606   See On Map
757-620-1883 (phone)
Call, text, or e-mail at any time!