Surf & Sound Events, LLC

Newport News, VA View map
$1,490 Most Popular Price

$1,490 Most Popular Price

Surf & Sound Events, LLC was founded in 2014, but the story goes back much further than that. I have always been a lover of music, both listening and playing. Guitar, bass, and drums have all been passions for a long time, and I also do my fair share of singing. I've also spent plenty of time behind the soundboard in various musical settings.

Since 2006 my full-time job has been working with InterVarsity at my alma mater, Christopher Newport University, in Newport News, VA. Over the years I've attended many weddings of former students, and numerous times I was asked to either run sound for the ceremony, or set up a PA system to be used at the reception.

My friends Chris and Sarah asked me to be the DJ and Master of Ceremonies at their reception a while back. I figured I knew the sound system part, I knew the MC part, I knew good music, I knew how to keep track of the details involved in a reception, and I knew what reception guests wanted (and didn't want) from a wedding DJ, so I agreed. That would be one of the best decisions I would ever make! I received many compliments and had a fantastic time doing it. So thanks to Chris and Sarah for taking a risk on me!

After that it was an easy decision to invest in higher-end sound and lighting equipment to really put together a professional and elegant reception.

What is the starting price for wedding DJ services?

$1,195

What is included in the starting price?

Travel Expenses
Sound/PA System

What is the price of your most popular wedding package?

$1,490

What is included in the price of your most popular wedding package?

Travel Expenses

What is the starting price for uplighting?

$495

What music genres do you specialize in?

Christian
Pop
R&B/Soul
Rock
Top 40

What services do you offer?

Do-Not-Play List
One Event Per Day

What additional equipment do you offer?

Projector
Uplighting
illustration question

Any other questions?

Message vendor

4.9 out of 5 rating

Emily M. Married on 05/22/2022

Best dj ever

I could not be happier with Eric's work at our wedding! You can tell he is extremely passionate about music, entertaining, and putting smiles on peoples faces. He is very good at listening to what the client wants and executing it beyond what you could imagine. It was my dream to have my dance floor packed the entire wedding, and Surf and Sound created the perfect environment and kept the party going for me to live out my dream. I got compliments all night from my guest on how great the DJ was. I highly recommend him to all and would give him 10 stars if I could. BEST DJ EVER!!
    Cathy Married on 05/21/2022

Highly recommended!

Eric did a fantastic job for our daughter’s wedding and reception. He was very professional and communicated with the bride and groom to understand their type of music for the ceremony and the reception. The wedding was outside so having the officiant and the groom mic’d up was very helpful! The music selection was fun and kept folks on the dance floor! He read the crowd well! We are so happy he was available to provide the entertainment for this special day!

Surf & Sound Events, LLC's reply:

Cathy, I just wanted to say thanks so much for taking the time to share this kind review! It was a joy and pleasure to celebrate with you and yours!
    Alyson Married on 06/27/2021

Worth every penny

Eric was absolutely delightful to work with. My husband and I have a variety of music interests. Eric did a phenomenal job of blending our preferences with the interests of our guests to keep the dance floor full! His equipment is top notch, and the quality is noticed. We used Surf & Sound for our ceremony needs as well. Our voices were crystal clear during our outdoor ceremony! I can’t recommend Eric and Surf & Sounds enough.

Surf & Sound Events, LLC's reply:

Alyson, I just wanted to say thank you so much for your kind words! It was such a joy and honor to get to help you all celebrate! I wish you all the best!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Message vendor

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Pricing

I Do Weddings with Love I Do Weddings with Love Wedding Florists

I have had the pleasure to work with Eric on several occasions. He is a complete professional and joy to be around. His smile lights up a room and his skills are amazing. Any bride would be blessed to have him DJ at their event!

Dani White Photography Dani White Photography Wedding Photographers

Eric at Surf and Sound Evens is someone I always recommend to my couples. He is very professional and has all the equipment. I believe personality really matters when it comes to a DJ! They make or brake your dance floor. The flow of the reception and atmosphere is their responsibility, and I can honestly say that he is a major pro at all that! He is respectful, classy, and never cheesy, and I love working with him!

Newport News, 23606
7576201883

Call, text, or e-mail at any time!
Location of (Surf & Sound Events, LLC)

Other vendors in Hampton Roads for your wedding