40 east 17 st, Brooklyn, NY 11226 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 11

About Steel Drum Vibes

My name is Mustafa Alexander and I'm interested in performing at your event . I'm one of the best Steel Drum performer in theTri-State area, performing at high profile events such as the Anderson Cooper Show. My father, who is from the Island of Trinidad & Tabago where the Steel Drums was originated, got me into playing the Steel Drum at an early age and I fell in love with this tropical instrument. I studied music at Five Towns College and traveled the world playing the Steel Drum. Making a career playing the Steel Drum is a dream come true.

I specialize in corporate events, weddings, cocktail hours, birthdays, bat mitzvah, bridal showers, and more. I'm a one man band and I don't need much space. I bring my speaker, microphone, ipod with backing tracks (if needed), and of course the beautiful Steel Drum. I can also provide a solo acoustical Steel Drum performance or Steel Drum and vocalist combo. Most of my clients find the Steel Drum and backing tracks combo to be very fun and entertaining. To get an idea of what my performance is like, go to my video and audio categories at the top of the page and check out some my work.

As a leading provider of Steel Drum Entertainment, I take pride in offering the best Steel Drum Entertainment. I am dedicated to serving the needs of our customers each and everyday. Consider me and I'll bring the sounds of the Caribbean to your event.

Follow Steel Drum Vibes on

Videos 2 vídeos

3 Reviews for Steel Drum Vibes

• Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 06/22/2019

A highlight of our wedding!!

I am so absolutely thrilled with Mustafa's performance during the cocktail hour of our wedding! He was on time, professional, and did a fantastic job. Our guests loved the steel drum and it was such a fun element, exactly the vibe we were going for! The music sounded so good some guests thought it was a recording until they turned the corner and saw Mustafa playing! My entire experience with Steel Drum Vibes was easy and professional from start to finish. I highly, highly recommend Steel Drum Vibes and hope to hire Mustafa again for our next big event!

Sent on 06/26/2019

Angie · Married on 09/16/2018

Amazing and unique

Mustafa was great! Our guests loved his music and it added such a fun element to our anniversary celebration. Very professional, friendly and on time. He also was able to several meaningful song choices for us.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Lisa · Married on 08/28/2016

0.4
      0.5

On 8/28/2016 I had a written contract paid in advance of $425.00 with the vendor to perform during the cocktail hour at my wedding at Chateau Briand. The contract stated the venue would be available to "set-up and sound check on 8/28/2016 2:00 pm". "The Performer will play from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm." I called the vendor on 8/27/2016, the day before my wedding to confirm and left a voice message asking him to return my call. I also called him the day of my wedding. He never returned either of my phone calls. The day of my wedding the vendor showed up late to the venue and lied and said the venue took a long time to get him where he needed to be. The venue stated that was untrue and they provided video footage of the vendor from the time he drove onto the premises, when he entered the building and when he reached the area he was supposed to be playing to when he started setting up his equipment. the vendor started playing shortly after 3:20 pm in the patio area where there were no guests. Because the vendor was not on time and did not start playing at the conclusion of my ceremony as we agreed, all the guests were ushered inside for cocktail hour. I contacted the vendor on numerous occasions to let him know how unhappy my husband and I were that he breached the contract and ruined our cocktail hour and that we wanted a full refund. As I previously stated, the vendor lied and blamed his tardiness on the venue. He also stated "I understand if you didn't like how it went down but you should of told the people that work there you no longer wanted my services then I would of totally refund your money but you can't have me play then some days later come with a issue." To this day the vendor has refused to accept responsibility for failing to fulfill the terms of our contractual agreement and refund us our $425. I am posting this review because I want people to know how unprofessional, dishonest and rude the vendor has been.

Sent on 11/13/2016

Steel Drum Vibes FAQ

• What is the average price for a wedding reception during peak season?
  • Are you an agency or a band?
    Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)?
    1 - 3
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play?
    Caribbean
    International
    Jazz
    Latin
    Reggae
    Top 40
  • What music services do you provide?
    Instrumentals