The Creswell Club

39-55 51 Street, #6B, Woodside, NY 11377 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 29

About The Creswell Club

The Creswell Club is a constellation of musicians who specialize in music that makes life better. We're rooted in jazz standards and music from the 1920s and 30s, but we're experts at branching out; we can play everything from swing to bossa nova, Motown to the Rat Pack, Edith Piaf to Lana Del Rey. We play hard, we dress well, and we look like we're having a blast (because we are!).

We're here for you. We love talking with clients about styles and song lists. We know thousands of songs, and we're always eager to try new songs and new arrangements. We can be anything from a duo to a septet—and, because several of our members are multi-instrumentalists, we offer guitar, piano, bass, drums, sax, trumpet, clarinet, banjo, accordion, and vocals.

Members of The Creswell Club have played with the most celebrated names in modern jazz (and beyond), including Herbie Hancock, Dave Brubeck, Chaka Khan, and Ray Charles. We were Gigmasters' 2016, 2017 and 2018 Top Jazz Ensemble, and we've won "Best of Gigmasters" awards five years in a row. But none of this matters when we're playing together. When we're playing together, what matters is the music. What matters is the mood. What matters is the moment we're all sharing together—you, us, and the people in the room.

If you're planning an event, we'd love to hear from you. Contact our bandleader, Dan Martin, and let's talk about what's possible.

Follow The Creswell Club on

The Dan Martin Trio: guitar/bass/vocals
The Dan Martin Trio: guitar/bass/vocals
The Dan Martin Quartet: guitar/bass/sax/vocals
The Dan Martin Quartet: guitar/bass/sax/vocals
Mike Davis (trumpet), Jay Rattman (clarinet)
Mike Davis (trumpet), Jay Rattman (clarinet)
Shawn Hershey (trumpet)
Shawn Hershey (trumpet)
The Dan Martin Trio: guitar/bass/sax
Steve Ash (piano), Betina Hershey (vocals)
Steve Ash (piano), Betina Hershey (vocals)
Nick Russo (classical guitar), Michel Gohler (flute)
Nick Russo (classical guitar), Michel Gohler (flute)

• Videos 18

8 Reviews for The Creswell Club

Elaine · Married on 05/30/2015

We hired Dan Martin Music for our cocktail hour at our wedding. Leading up to the date Dan was responsive to every question I had and was also extremely thoughtful, even remembering to email me a list of dates that they were playing in NYC months after I mentioned it. On the day of the wedding, they arrived with plenty of time to set up for the 6 pm start time and were absolutely amazing. The cocktail hour was everything I'd hoped for - and those are some high expectations - and Dan Martin Music was a big part of that. We couldn't be happier and would recommend Dan Martin Music to anyone looking to make their cocktail hour even more special.

Sent on 06/14/2015

Dan Martin was a great addition to our wedding! He put together a trio for a ceremony and cocktail hour which everyone was raving about. From meeting up to discuss the overall feel of the event to learning pieces for our ceremony, it was easy to tell we were working with a true professional. Couldn't be happier and highly recommend!

Sent on 06/05/2015

Alison · Married on 06/14/2014

Where do I start? I can't say enough wonderful things about these guys. My husband and I worked with a LOT of different vendors for our wedding, and Dan Martin Music was hands down our favorite.

Not only do they have incredible raw talent when it comes to their music, but their professionalism throughout the ENTIRE hiring process--from initial contract to event performance--was unparalleled.

Dan consistently went out of his way to ensure that my husband and I had EXACTLY what we desired--whether it was choosing musician options for our quartet or ensuring songs or genres that we wanted to hear during our cocktail hour. Upon our special request, Dan even transcribed the theme from Disney/Pixar's "UP" to play at our ceremony. It was absolutely beautiful, and it was undoubtedly one of my favorite moments from our wedding day.

When we were caught in a jam with our DJ running late for our reception, the guys even stayed an extra 15 minutes beyond their booking time to ensure that there was no lapse in music from our cocktail hour to reception. About ten different people came up to me during our cocktail hour alone and asked where we had found such a phenomenal quartet. In fact, my neighbor already plans on hiring Dan Martin Music for his next party!

So many wedding bands try to be too flashy when it comes to their performances and catching the attention of your crowd. Unlike those bands, Dan Martin Music had one focus at our wedding--to do their job, and to do it well. I'd recommend these guys to anyone in a heartbeat (and already have been to my newly engaged friends!). A true class act, and the humblest group of musicians I've ever met. They'll give you a performance that will knock your socks off. Guaranteed.

Sent on 08/19/2014

The Creswell Club FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price? Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package? $ 2,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Ceremony Music, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System, Travel Expenses
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 1 - 3, 4 - 6, 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Big Band, Blues, Classical, Funk, International, Jazz, Latin, Motown, Oldies, Pop, R&B / Soul, Rock, Swing
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Sample Performances, Vocals, Liability Insurance, Willing to Travel

• 39-55 51 Street, #6B Woodside, NY, 11377 See on map