271 Charlotte Street, Saint Augustine, FL 32084 Map · Phone number

7413cc24ba446d28 1525236010 b6b20c15521d9114 1525236006554 4 cache 16924133
f601d8734aabe99b 1525236010 27d365f4e2397248 1525236009 0107b4fcb2cf18bf 152523

10 Reviews for St. Augustine Historical Society

Tetyana · Married on 05/21/2016

ok I'll start with the most important thing - there is an approved vendors list. There might be a little flexibility with the photographers, DJs, and transportation, BUT I would run those by Angie to make sure you can hire them. However, this info is provided to you before you sign the contract. If you are willing to be limited to your vendor choices (which I should mention makes your job easier, because you have a list of vendors, contact them, pick your fave ones and you're done.... and all the vendors on the list are amazing so you won't miss out) you'll be ok. I feel like people that complain are the ones who just ignore the list and start hiring their vendors.... but that's on them... One more thing to mention (which is pretty obvious) is that the venue is outdoors, so you have to reserve a tent just in case it rains.
    Now back to my review and my experience with Angie (wedding coordinator) and the venue (both ceremony and reception were held at the Lllambias house). Angie is absolutely amazing. I have no idea what I would do without her. She was very prompt with emails, extremely friendly, professional, and willing to help out with anything you ask her for. She guided us through the process during the rehearsal, helped with the set up before the wedding, coordinated everything during, set up our cake on the well, and helped with the clean up. What else can you ask for? Also, our tent rental company set up the wrong tent (old and dirty) the day before the wedding. She called me and made sure I was aware and didn't freak out once got to the rehearsal. Then, I didn't have to do anything - she called the rental co for me and arranged everything to be changed. Tent was replaced the next morning without me having to call anyone. I can't thank her enough for everything she's done.
    as for the llambias house - I wouldn't have my wedding anywhere else - it's gorgeous!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Angie was absolutely phenomenal!!! Every question we had she answered right away (which was a lot) and she never got annoyed with us! She helped out so much during the actual wedding I can't believe that some people waste money on wedding coordinators when they have weddings at the Oldest House. She was especially helpful with my large family and very understanding that we needed to cut corners where possible to save money. The only stressful thing is there is no back up space if it rains (which thankfully was not a problem for us) so keep that in mind when booking this site, which you totally should!!

Sent on 11/11/2015

Alissa · Married on 01/12/2013

thank you angie and everyone at the gardens for helping us with our dream ceremony! everything was beautiful and all of our guests couldn't get over how beautiful the gardens were!

Sent on 01/14/2013

St. Augustine Historical Society FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
  • What is the maximum capacity of your venue?
  • What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
  • Describe your venue:
    Historic Building
    Museum
  • What kind of settings are available?
    Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
    Ceremony
    Reception
  • What event services do you offer?
    Event Planner

• My Taylored Wedding
    My Taylored Wedding Wedding Planners

I coordinated a wedding in the Garden at the Oldest House over Labor Day Weekend. Working with Cheryl and her staff was a pleasure and they made sure that I had everything I needed to ensure the perfect day for my Bride and Groom. I highly recommend this location for anyone that dreams of a garden wedding.

• Christy Whitehead Photography
    Christy Whitehead Photography Wedding Photographers

BEAUTIFUL location for any wedding! Christy Christy Whitehead Photography www.ChristyWhiteheadPhotography.com

• 271 Charlotte Street Saint Augustine, 32084 See on map