4141 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213 Map · Phone number
  • Pricing

About Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum

Located in the heart of Oakland, Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum is only minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. The surrounding educational and cultural landmarks and classic Hornbostel architecture create a one of a kind setting for any event. Opened in 1910, Soldiers & Sailors is rich with history. In 2000, Soldiers & Sailors became a non-profit organization and through capital funding made significant renovations including the addition of air conditioning and the restoration and enhancement of its rental facilities. History, legends and traditions are made within the newly restored walls of Soldiers & Sailors.

Our versatile venue boasts a simple yet sophisticated color scheme, which does not rival bold, vibrant décor, but becomes prominent to accentuate more conservatively styled receptions, making it the perfect location, no matter what your vision may be. The grand ballroom’s dramatic high ceiling is hand painted with ornate detail. Exquisite craftsmanship of this magnitude is unparalleled in modern architecture.

The grand ballroom’s main floor, a beautifully refinished maple, can accommodate between 100 and 300 seated guests with ample room for a dance floor. Our professional staff works closely with you to create a customized room setup to your exact specifications. With a wonderful variety of in house caterers, all capable of offering a delightful sit down, buffet or station style cuisine, you’re sure to find the perfect selection that your guests will love for any budget.

In addition to the grand ballroom, you and your guests will have the opportunity to enjoy several other spaces within the facility. The grand ballroom’s foyer, equipped with two newly restored oak bars, serves as a cozy cocktail space, allowing your guests to mingle before they are seated. The picturesque grand balcony overlooking the ballroom offers your guests a breathtaking bird’s eye view of the reception, as well as an excellent vantage point for wedding photographers. The Board Room, also included, serves as the perfect location for a bridal suite available all day. Our patio plaza can be reserved for anything from your wedding ceremony to a fresh outdoor cocktail hour.

If an onsite wedding ceremony is something you envision, we are happy to oblige. Ceremonies may be arranged in either the grand ballroom, outdoor patio, and auditorium.

Soldiers & Sailors is the perfect venue for a traditional start to your modern love story. We are proud to be LGBTQ friendly!

Follow Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum on

Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum 7
  • Elyse

Elyse Stepnick · Married on 08/24/2019

Katie west!

Our wedding at Soldiers & Sailors was absolutely amazing, mostly because of two words: KATIE WEST. Katie and the ladies at Soldiers and Sailors, Amber and Angela, are incredible to work with. The venue search was the toughest part of wedding planning for me. I was starting to feel discouraged until I met Katie and Amber. Every other wedding venue I met with spent about 10 minutes or less with me and my groom, and I could never visualize the special day. Katie and Amber's tour of Soldiers & Sailors was at least an hour. These ladies have thought of EVERYTHING and know how to make an event perfect. Before I left my tour, I already had pictures from at least 5 other brides' weddings with similar color schemes to help with decor ideas and a stack of vendor recommendations. If you're getting married in Pittsburgh, I cannot imagine a more perfect wedding venue. Turning onto Fifth ave from Bigelow Blvd. and seeing this grand building is just so incredible. We got married on the front stairs outside and it was PERFECT. The ballroom to host the reception is such an amazing space. The venue allows you to start dropping off decor/supplies on the Tuesday before your wedding, which is UNHEARD OF, and they allow you to pick up your items on the Monday after your wedding. Katie coordinated with all of my vendors so I didn't have to worry about anything the day of. She had amazing ideas to make our wedding unique and special. Your guests also have access to the museum which is so special and different than a traditional venue. Katie and Angela were there at the rehearsal and on the day of our wedding to keep everything on schedule and get us down the aisle. I can't speak highly enough of the Soldiers & Sailors team and HIGHLY recommend this venue for Pittsburgh brides.

Sent on 09/09/2019

Dana DelleFemine · Married on 06/22/2019

The absolute best!

The absolute best and most beautiful venue! My husband and I had our wedding reception at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall, and to say the least we were blown away by how perfect everything was. From the staff, to the service, to the outstanding features of this facility, anyone looking for a venue must look here. My husband and I didn’t even bother to look anywhere else once we were told to about having our reception here. It was our first and only option as a venue. We had the privilege of working with Angela Tomlin, who was phenomenal. She was so easy to work with, flexible, answered promptly any questions we had, and helped set everything up on our special day that left us speechless. We can’t speak more highly of S&S. We highly highly recommend it to anyone having a wedding (and ceremony) in Pittsburgh!

Sent on 07/11/2019
    Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum 18
    Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum 19
  • madisonelis

Madison · Married on 05/25/2019

AMAZING - and comes with an out-of-this-world wedding planner

I cannot begin to explain how AMAZING Amber was at my wedding. I chose this venue because it is beautiful, large, classic.... do i need to go on?? its a great venue and compared to prices of other pittsburgh venues it is affordable!! Now i didn't know I was getting Amber with this venue! she was the planner/coordinator and she did more than i would have ever thought i was getting. She coud really be on her own being a wedding planner working for herself. She brought so much value to this venue, it was truly incredible. I was someone that did not book a wedding planner. Between my mom and I, we are VERY type-A, organized, bossy, know-what-we-want, to pay for a wedding planner would have slowed me down. But Amber was amazing because you do truly need a coordinator and helping with set up/the day of, and really to just bounce ideas off of when it comes to the venue and with someone that has worked weddings before. I know what i wanted but not with EVERY SINGLE DETIAL. She answered ALL of my emails with such detail and excitement that I didn't feel annoyed to sometime send her 5 emails in a row as things kept coming up. I could go into such detail here but trying to not type a novel. During the week of and actually decorating, she was so hepful. First off she was 8 months pregnant and you would never know because she didn't act like it. She allowed me to text her and she went above and beyond completing taking control to make sure every detail was PERFECT. She really cared and she wanted my wedding to be as great as i did it seemed. Really can't thank her enough and i am SO happy with my decision to have my wedding reception here.

Sent on 06/25/2019
    Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum 33

Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum Pricing

Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum Price Rates

Soldiers & Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 4,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 4,000.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season? $ 1,000.00
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Tables
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 22.00
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 5
  • Describe your venue: Banquet Hall, Historic Building, Museum
  • What kind of settings are available? Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? Event Planner
  • What event items are available? Furniture, Tables

• Chef and I Catering
    Chef and I Catering Wedding Caterers

Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall is a wonderful venue for any type of event; especially weddings! We can’t say enough about Amber, Ally and Angela which is your personal event team from start to finish assisting in developing the wedding reception of your dreams. The grand ballroom has a large open floor plan for custom table arrangements and dancing. The foyer and balcony overlooking the ballroom is available for your guest to mingle for the cocktail hour. There is a large bridal suite for a large or small bridal party to mingle prior to the reception. The venue can also host your ceremony onsite either on the patio outside, ballroom or auditorium. We love catering at Soldiers and Sailors and cannot say enough about the staff and venue. We recommend scheduling a visit and discovering the hidden GEM located in beautiful Oakland.

• Steady Creek Cinema
    Steady Creek Cinema Wedding Videographers

Lighting and space are the key foundations in creating a high quality film and this venue nails them both! We have filmed multiple weddings here and each time, the staff was kindhearted and helpful, and the food was delicious! It's always a pleasure to film at Soldiers & Sailors! :) Cheers, Bethany & Andrew

• Lokmer Photography Inc.
    Lokmer Photography Inc. Wedding Photographers

Located in Oakland ( Pittsburgh, PA. ) Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Hall & Museum is a beautiful venue for any event. They handle weddings, parties, corporate functions, etc. We photographed a job last year and the beautiful spacious hall made for some remarkable photos. The food, entertainment, and total environment made for a wonderful evening. Amber and staff are very pleasant, courteous and professional. A highly recommended venue. -John Lokmer - Lokmer Photography Inc. - former US Navy Photographer

• 4141 Fifth Avenue Pittsburgh, PA, 15213 See on map