1-500
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

About Allegheny County Courthouse

Historic Locations, Landmark Events

The Allegheny County Courthouse, located in downtown Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania is the perfect historic landmark for your special day. Our Grand Staircase & Gallery features soaring arches and defined columns that would make for the perfect backdrop

Our Courtyard is located outdoors and is surrounded by the stunning landscape of the Courthouse with a fountain in the middle for a special touch. You can see the bell tower that rises more than 229 feet above Grant Street and lights up with a color of your choice at night.

Categories: Wedding Venue

Indoor (3)
Set Up (3)
Clean Up (2)
Wheelchair Access (2)

We knew, the moment that we saw the Grand Staircase/Lobby area, that the Courthouse was exactly the place we wanted to get married. The Grand Staircase just has such an incredible atmosphere and architectural features -- it was the perfect place to hold our ceremony/cocktail hour. Furthermore, as we were having a December wedding, once we saw pictures of the Christmas tree they put in the courtyard and the garlands on the archways, we were 100% convinced that we wanted to have our wedding there. During our actual wedding day, our photographer found so many beautiful and unique locations to take wedding pictures at. The building just has such incredible character, it serves as the perfect backdrop for a ceremony.

However, that was just the tip of the iceberg for what made the Courthouse so perfect. Truly, it was the various staff members that went above and beyond, treating our wedding day like it was as important to them as it obviously was to us. Most impressive of all was the event coordinator, Alex, who was quick to respond to every pestering question I sent to her (often within minutes of me sending her an email). Alex was always incredibly professional, friendly, patient and helpful. Furthermore, my husband and I were a tad clueless about how exactly we wanted the ceremony to go, but Alex provided the ideas and the expertise that resulted in a beautiful ceremony. Finally, Alex and her staff (including Katie who also did a fantastic job), made sure everything was set up and beautifully arranged for the day of the ceremony. Everything ran as smoothly and perfectly as I could have imagined during our wedding day, and I know it was because Alex and Katie were behind the scenes managing everything.

TL;DR: If I could give the Courthouse a rating higher than 5 stars, I would. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and it was because Alex and the rest of the Courthouse staff went above and beyond to make it that way.

Profile Picture Tim, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a great experience! My husband and I was staying on a strict budget of under 5 grand. Since I moved to Pittsburgh I fell in love with the Allegheny Courthouse but more so when I learned the Day Time price .... FREE!

We arrived around 2:40p to have a private meet up in the courtyard. Then went through security together. Married by 3:15p.

Alex was great and made sure there was 50 white chairs out for my guest to sit. Throughout she was checking in and made sure any questions we had were answered.

We’d totally go back to renew our vows here!

Profile Picture Paige, 9/21/17, 1 Review

Shuttle
Valet
2 AWARDS

1 ENDORSEMENT
Attended and photographed a beautiful wedding on the grand staircase this past Friday. It was a lovely and short ceremony and you cannot beat the courthouse interior and courtyard for absolutely stunning photos

Events

436 Grant Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15219   See On Map
412-350-3172 (phone) 412-350-3280 (fax)