Allegheny County Courthouse Reviews

Allegheny County Courthouse 2
Allegheny County Courthouse 3
Allegheny County Courthouse 4

Tim · Married on 01/13/2018

We knew, the moment that we saw the Grand Staircase/Lobby area, that the Courthouse was exactly the place we wanted to get married. The Grand Staircase just has such an incredible atmosphere and architectural features -- it was the perfect place to hold our ceremony/cocktail hour. Furthermore, as we were having a December wedding, once we saw pictures of the Christmas tree they put in the courtyard and the garlands on the archways, we were 100% convinced that we wanted to have our wedding there. During our actual wedding day, our photographer found so many beautiful and unique locations to take wedding pictures at. The building just has such incredible character, it serves as the perfect backdrop for a ceremony.

However, that was just the tip of the iceberg for what made the Courthouse so perfect. Truly, it was the various staff members that went above and beyond, treating our wedding day like it was as important to them as it obviously was to us. Most impressive of all was the event coordinator, Alex, who was quick to respond to every pestering question I sent to her (often within minutes of me sending her an email). Alex was always incredibly professional, friendly, patient and helpful. Furthermore, my husband and I were a tad clueless about how exactly we wanted the ceremony to go, but Alex provided the ideas and the expertise that resulted in a beautiful ceremony. Finally, Alex and her staff (including Katie who also did a fantastic job), made sure everything was set up and beautifully arranged for the day of the ceremony. Everything ran as smoothly and perfectly as I could have imagined during our wedding day, and I know it was because Alex and Katie were behind the scenes managing everything.

TL;DR: If I could give the Courthouse a rating higher than 5 stars, I would. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and it was because Alex and the rest of the Courthouse staff went above and beyond to make it that way.

Sent on 12/28/2017

Kelly · Married on 12/31/2017

We could not be any happier with our "Courthouse" wedding! From the moment we met with Alex, I felt extremely comfortable. She understood our vision for a unique ceremony space and was extremely attentive with all of my questions as I moved through the planning process. She really helped us stick with our budget as well- providing ideas to enhance the area. We got married on NYE and the staircase was decorated for the Holiday's still. We ended up having a larger guest list than when we originally booked the ceremony space. Alex reassured us they would accomodate and she was able to fit 180 seats in the lobby for our guests!! We got married in 6 degree's and the sidewalks were completely treated for all of our guest's. I highly recommend the Staircase at the Allegheny County Courthouse if you are looking for an urban feel and unique space. As large as the ceilings and archway's are, standing on the landing with 180 of our closest friends and family felt like we most intimate ceremony we could have had.

Sent on 02/06/2018

Paige · Married on 09/21/2017

What a great experience! My husband and I was staying on a strict budget of under 5 grand. Since I moved to Pittsburgh I fell in love with the Allegheny Courthouse but more so when I learned the Day Time price .... FREE!

We arrived around 2:40p to have a private meet up in the courtyard. Then went through security together. Married by 3:15p.

Alex was great and made sure there was 50 white chairs out for my guest to sit. Throughout she was checking in and made sure any questions we had were answered.

We’d totally go back to renew our vows here!

Sent on 09/29/2017
    Allegheny County Courthouse 5
    Allegheny County Courthouse 6
    Allegheny County Courthouse 7
    Allegheny County Courthouse 8

Ashlyn · Married on 05/12/2017

We got married on the grand staircase and it was perfect. Alex, the wedding coordinator, was phenomenal and made the whole process of scheduling our wedding go so smoothly. She was very responsive to all of my questions and so helpful with everything (which is such a blessing when you're stressed with wedding planning). I will recommend this venue to everyone! Also, the photos are absolutely stunning thanks to the beautiful architecture. Love love love.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Chelsea · Married on 03/24/2017

The courthouse is highly underrated as a venue. We had a small, low budget wedding on a weekday, and it was absolutely beautiful.

Sent on 03/30/2017

Kayla · Married on 11/04/2016

My husband and I knew we wanted a small ceremony, but were not sure what venue we wanted to use. I googled Allegheny Courthouse weddings and saw some wonderful photos taken on the grand staircase inside the courthouse. We were sold! I reached out to the courthouse and was able to get in contact with Alex Delancey who organizes special events. She was incredibly kind and helpful throughout the entire process. She met with me over lunch to show me around the courthouse and highlight some great places to take photos. The ceremony itself was about 10 minutes and we had a total of 10 guests. I would make this decision again in a heartbeat and highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Kate · Married on 09/17/2016

I chose the Allegheny County Court House - Grande Staircase for my wedding ceremony venue because it was unique and different. The space feels like a cathedral, but is so unique. I was beyond happy with our reception. The space is elegant and looked amazing. Everyone commented on how beautiful it was. The string quartet echoed amazingly, and the flowers and (faux) candles looked amazing in eth space. It was, in my opinion, the epitome of elegance and it was so incredibly special to have our wedding here. Alexandra was incredible to work with, meeting with me and my vendors several times, and following up with them to ensure each one knew where to go and when to be there. She was easy to work with and assisted in specific requests for the day. The photos and lighting turned out spectacular for this space. Our wedding was larger, but were able to fit seated in the space nicely.

Sent on 10/03/2016

Dean · Married on 06/30/2016

Alex was friendly, attentive, reachable and worked hard to earn and retain our business. We could not be happier with our choice to have our wedding at the Courthouse, and she made it just as special as we had imagined.

Sent on 09/21/2016

Anthony · Married on 06/03/2017

Alex and everyone at Allegheny County were amazing to work with. The venue is in a perfect spot for a wedding. There are a dozen hotels close by, ranging from affordable to luxurious (the William Penn). The exterior is gorgeous and - if it rained - the interior would've been a great dining space. There are some minor limitations to service because this is a working courthouse but those shouldn't take away from the experience. This unconventional spot is going to be a very popular wedding location soon! For all of its majesty, it's affordable (even more affordable during the week).

Sent on 07/12/2017