San Jose, CA 95112 Map · Phone number
Most Popular Price $4,550

About Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography

Scott MacDonald is a photographer based in San Jose, serving the San Francisco Bay Area, the Central Coast and the rest of California. Scott has ten years of experience as a newspaper photojournalist and approaches weddings as an unobtrusive documentarian.

Please visit my website to view my portfolio, browse my blog and read more information.

You can also find me on Facebook:

Follow Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography on

d20b59aa849b4c1e 1503613345045 20160703 lauren justin 1071
antoinette clint wedding 1054

2 Reviews for Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography

Kevin · Married on 07/21/2018

Really not much for writing online reviews, but absolutely needed to be sure we took time to recognize Scott for just how amazing he was. My wife and I live in NYC and met Scott via Skype. Immediately knew this was our guy and booked him. Over a year goes by between that and the next contact leading up to the wedding and Scott didn't miss a beat. He remembered our conversation and emails and was ready to hit the ground running. We met him for a beer (or two!) the week of the wedding and were even further reassured that Scott was our guy. He was right with us in capturing our vision for the day, which included happily rolling with our unconventional approach.

Scott and his 2nd shooter were prompt and ever attentive to what we asked for - the must have shots, the minimal number of posed shots, and the capture as much of the action as you can request! Scott didn't just follow our request list and move along. He was so invested in us and making sure we had a an incredible day, and that really shone through at every turn. All of our guests absolutely LOVED Scott! Many asked us if he was a friend because he fit right in with everyone and everything. They were shocked to hear we'd known him for four days! Seriously - awesome. When we were setting up, we ran out of cups, and he had his 2nd shooter go get some for us! An absolute stud.

Scott is laid-back but dutifully organized, to the point that when we didn't even know what was happening, Scott was there to keep us moving forward. He made sure he got the shots we wanted, the ones we didn't know we wanted, and used his vision and expertise to suggest some shots that he thought would be awesome - those were amazing, too. The quality of Scott's shots and his attitude and warmth throughout the day made him not just the best choice, but the only choice for us! As the grooms don't typically find their way here, please note that Scott was so incredible that I felt we needed to sing his praises. He's a legend. BOOK HIM!!!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Jennie · Married on 05/11/2014

Scott was a dream photographer to work with. My husband and I chose him because of his friendly demeanor, photo journalistic style, and artistic professionalism. He and his second shooter almost felt like guests at our wedding, rather than invasive cameras in our faces all day. While seeming calm and integrated at the wedding though, he got EVERY shot we wanted, plus so many shots we didn't even know we wanted (those are the best!).

Scott is willing to travel pretty far within the Bay Area without travel fees (for now-I could see this changing once everyone starts fighting over hiring him!)

His rates are very reasonable. I felt like the quality of his work was high for his rates.

He stays until the end! He doesn't have time limits or extra hourly charges. I was so thankful for this when our quests made an impromptu arm arch for us to run through at the end of the reception. Scott was crouched at the end of the arch to get the shot. Impressive.

He's classy and cool. All of my friends commented on how cool he and his second shooter were and asked where we found them. I know photos aren't about your photographer being cool, but it certainly made our guests feel comfortable and excited to get their photos taken-which is reflected in our beautiful photos. Additionally, Scott sent us our engagement photo disk in this classy box with a few of the best shots printed out. It was super classy and unexpected.

I highly recommend Scott. We loved our experience working with him, and we love our photos!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3600.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Toning
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 4550
    2nd Shooter
    Engagement Shoot
    Toning
    Albums
    Prints
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Photojournalism
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Engagement Shoot
    Second Shooter
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Canvas
    Prints

• A Sparkling Event Wedding Planners

I have the pleasure of working with Scott often and it's because he truly takes care of my clients. He is so easy and fun to work with and his personality clicks with everyone. He makes my couples feel at ease and is always thinking outside the box for that epic shot. With our shared love for Big Sur and having both married their, I always try to bring him along when headed that way for my clients. His pricing is competing and quality is top notch.

• Warner's Whole Heart Events Wedding Planners

Scott takes BEAUTIFUL photos, but above all he was SO easy to work with. I really appreciate vendors who have everything clearly laid out, and Scott does just that. His time line was spot on, and he was a team player with the rest of the wedding crew. I hope to get to work with him more.

• San Jose, 95112 See on map
    Location of (Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography)

Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography frequently asked questions

What photography services does Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography include in the starting price?

Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography includes the following photography services in the starting price:

• Toning

What photography services does Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography include in their most popular wedding package?

Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography includes the following photography services in their most popular wedding package:

• 2nd Shooter
  • Albums
  • Engagement Shoot
  • Prints
  • Toning

What photography styles does Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography offer?

Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography offers the following photography styles:

• Contemporary
  • Photojournalism

What photography services does Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography offer?

Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography offers the following photography services for weddings:

• Engagement Shoot
  • Liability Insurance
  • Second Shooter

What photography materials does Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography offer for wedding events?

Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography offers the following photography materials for weddings:

• Albums
  • Canvas
  • Prints

What percentage of users recommend Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography and which are the most valued aspects of their wedding services?

Scott MacDonald Wedding Photography is recommended by 100% of couples who have used their services. Their overall rating is 5.0, with the same score awarded for quality of service, flexibility, value, professionalism and average response time.