1201 Broadway, New York, NY 10001 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Sarah Tew Photography

Sarah Tew Photography is an award-winning photography service in New York City. Sarah Tew, the principal photographer, is an experienced and renown fine art photographer, whose ten years of work in the wedding industry has landed her features in countless magazines and art galleries. She knows how important photography is to your wedding day, because the moments she captures on film will be the lasting keepsakes of the wonderful memories you make. She provides gentle direction for portraits, but works hard to be unobtrusive and capture candid shots of the real emotions of your big day.

Experience
Sarah Tew graduated with high honors from Wesleyan University in 2001, then went on to Parsons in New York City for her degree in fine arts. She landed her first wedding job in 2003, and fell in love with wedding photography over any other work she had done in the past. She is now a member of the Professional Photographers of America. She was featured in a Capture Magazine's cover story on same sex wedding photography, and at the Queens Museum of Art for her documentary series on Sikhs. She has also worked with the National Geographic Network, and had her work used in magazines and publications such as New York Magazine Wedding Edition, Inside Weddings, BRIDES, Rock'n'Roll Bride, The New York Post, Artfully Wed, Wedding Pride Magazine, The Modern Jewish Bride, and many more.

Products and Services Offered
Sarah Tew offers top-notch, quality photos for her clients. She edits each photo individually, ensuring her work meets the highest standards and clients receive exactly what they wanted. Her most popular wedding package includes an engagement shoot, reception photo booth, digital copies of all edited photos and a credit towards photo albums. Sarah handcrafts photo albums, choosing the best photos and the couple’s favorites to create a lifelong keepsake of the special day. Sarah Tew limits bookings to 20 weddings a year, so talk to her soon if you want her service at your wedding.

Follow Sarah Tew Photography on

Other couples have also viewed

• Tetiana Photography

96 Reviews for Sarah Tew Photography

• Lauren

Lauren K. · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Sarah Tew is Amazing!!!

We found Sarah after a few friends had used her for their weddings, and their recommendation was spot on. She was amazing to work with! Sarah made everything easy - she was so helpful and responsive during the planning process, and was such a calming force on the day of the wedding. Sarah and her team captured our big day so beautifully (and made our gallery and proofs so nice and well organized), we could not have asked for a better experience.

Sent on 11/11/2019
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 09/01/2019

Picture Perfect Wedding: Look No Further!

I only have the best things to say about my experience with Sarah, from start to finish. Our wedding was the best day of our lives, and having the photos come out as perfectly as they did allows us to relive it again and again. I want to be sure anyone reading this review understands the talent and dedication Sarah brought to her work, and to do so, will walk through the experience.

INTERVIEW PHASE:
    In the early stages of searching for a photographer, I did a lot of outreach. Sarah was timely with her responses, professional, and thought through each of my questions at all times. She has pre-planned packages, styles of shooting, and prices at the ready. I felt like I was talking to a true artist that has done this work for years, and they knew what they were doing! Most brides would agree it’s all a bit intimidating, always needing to know exactly what we want. Sarah was able to take the time to talk through my and my husbands wishes, big or small, and craft the package and style best for us. Most importantly, she was open to negotiating additions/subtractions to make our price point work. This was HUGE for us, as we had a tight budget to work with. I knew moments after leaving her office, that we would hire her.

PRE-PRODUCTION PHASE:
    Throughout the year leading up to the wedding, I would email her one off questions, talk logistics, and general badgering (!) and she always made time for me. It made me felt like I had a partner, not someone I hired that would only care about me on my wedding day. I was able to wake up on my wedding morning totally at ease because she planned everything to a T. She was organized, aware, and thoughtful. She also had this AMAZING questionnaire ahead of the wedding that helped us think through some scenarios we didn’t consider. That kind of foresight made the day go smoothly.

PRODUCTION/DAY OF THE WEDDING:
    From the moment Sarah and her assistant Ryan were with us, the camera never stopped….and it was not just random clicking. Lighting, arrangements, situations, all carefully crafted! She had our pre-determined list, and was always sure to check things off. On the day of the wedding, it goes by so fast, and you leave wondering “Did I get that picture! Did I remember to do this or that!!”- Fear not, Sarah did. She was also professionally firm with my family when they would not pay attention or coordinate for photos accordingly….trust me. YOU NEED THAT. Every one is wandering and talking or eating….but Sarah made sure she got the photos I wanted! Sarah also went to extreme lengths to get beautiful shots for us. For instance, she climbed through bushes and slipped on rocks just to get a shot of us on a stone bridge we really wanted. No request was too small, or too big. Not to mention, she sends you photos the VERY NEXT DAY. I woke up the day after my wedding to an inbox with tons of select moments from the evening. I know some people need to wait days for those! Not with Sarah. She knew the morning after is just as important as the wedding….having those pictures to look at brought tears to my eyes.

FINAL DELIVERY:
    And so, the best and honest way to consider an artist for your wedding…is to look at the final product! Picture after picture were beyond perfect. Moments captured naturally. Staged photos beautifully composed. If you have time, see for yourself! https://www.sarahtewphotography.com/blog/?s=Laura+and+Ronnie
    Recently, I received all my final deliverables from Sarah included in my package. Once again, blown away. Everything was personalized from the USB stick to the box containing it! And Sarah was thoughtful enough to include small surprises in there as well. I wont tell you what they were, since I don’t want to spoil it for you when you book her!

Overall, if you are looking for the perfect photographer for your wedding, look no further than Sarah Tew.

Sent on 12/18/2019
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 06/15/2019

Sarah is amazing!

My husband and I chose Sarah to be our wedding photographer and could not have happier with her work. Starting nine months prior, when we met with Sara for a personal consultation, it was immediately clear that she was a true professional. She walked us through her services, proposed a timeline for the coming months and really set herself apart from other photographers we spoke with previously.

Engagement photos came first and she was able to put my normally camera shy husband at ease resulting in stunning pictures that captured our personalities against the surrounding city-scape. On the day of our wedding, Sarah had already scouted our different locations at the venue and seamlessly moved us from setting to setting keeping us on schedule but never stressed. The photos came out so amazing! Sarah has a real eye for composition. The photos never looked staged but at the same time captured our love for each other in such artistic way and unique ways! We loved working with Sarah and cannot recommend her enough! We look forward to building a customized wedding album with her very soon!

Sent on 02/06/2020

Sarah Tew Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 4475.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    2nd Shooter
    One Event / Day
    Digital Files
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 5475
    2nd Shooter
    Add'l Hours
    Engagement Shoot
    High-Res Images
    Albums
    Digital Files
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
    Vintage
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Second Shooter
    Slideshow
    Trash The Dress
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?
    Albums
    Proofs
    Save the Date

1 Real Wedding

• ItsMyParty NYC Wedding Planners

Sarah is an amazing wedding photographer and and absolute pleasure to work with! I handled day-of wedding coordination for a bride that hired Sarah. Sarah was professional, upbeat and organized - she shared a detailed photography timeline with our bride, including helpful instructions about how to capture special moments throughout their "getting ready" process. I look forward to working with Sarah again!

• A Starry Night Music Wedding DJs

I have had the extreme pleasure of working with Sarah Tew numerous times. Her approach is natural, easy, discreet. Her photos are stunning! She is a sheer pleasure to work with! Carol Moore, Owner of A Starry Night Music

• Dexter Lake Club Band Wedding Bands

We work with so many photographers all over the country and I have no hesitation saying that Sarah's pictures always capture the vibe and unique qualities of every wedding that we're lucky enough to do with her. She has even made us look decent in her shots, which is no small feat. Can't recommend Sarah enough!

• 1201 Broadway New York, NY, 10001 See on map
    Location of (Sarah Tew Photography)