Sarah Tew Photography Reviews

Sarah Tew Photography 7
  • Carissa

Carissa · Married on 11/10/2018

Intimate Wedding in A Bookstore Cafe

It was a joy working with Sarah. She has this talent of making her subjects comfortable in front of the lens. She has a photojournalistic approach, which is kind of like what I prefer. Our photos looked candid, genuine and not too stiff. Overall, I would definitely recommend Sarah to my friends.

Sent on 11/30/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 09/16/2018

Photography has always been important to me. I take lots of pictures, all the time, and I love peeping at others'. I'm rather proud of my Instagram. I rely heavily on photographs to chronicle my experiences through life. So when my husband and I began planning our wedding, I knew immediately that finding the right photographer was my top priority. We first met Sarah at her studio/office in the Flatiron. Her glowing reviews and her body of work instilled confidence that she was the right choice to capture our story (her words, not mine), but she won us over with kindness and professionalism in person. Sarah betrays a genuine, palpable love of her craft, a nice quality in a wedding photographer. She also inspired confidence in us by following a process that's clearly been honed to precision over her considerable experience. She's got her timeline boiled down to a science so that she may focus on making the art. Day of, it felt like a friend was casually snapping photos while my bridesmaids and I were getting ready. My husband was equally at ease with her colleague Ryan, who captured some beautiful shots of my husband and his brother getting ready in the hotel. The morning after our wedding, Sarah posted a series of photos to her Facebook page. We LOVED waking up the next morning to scroll through about 30 BEAUTIFUL photographs that Sarah and Ryan had taken the night before. It was the perfect little preview. Not long after, Sarah wrote a lovely blog post about her experience photographing our wedding. When we received the (thousand+) photographs, we felt as if we were reliving every moment (even moments we weren’t a part of!). Our wedding photographs are simply stunning and are so moving and hilarious. I don’t know how Sarah does it, but she DOES IT. And please do yourself a favor and hire her for your wedding. It will be one of the best decisions of your life because, in a way, she is giving the gift of memory.

Sent on 10/14/2018
    Sarah Tew Photography 15
    Sarah Tew Photography 16
    Sarah Tew Photography 17

Jona Cano · Married on 09/02/2018

The single most mportant person at my wedding (other than my husband)

I had the wedding of my dreams and Sarah had EVERYTHING to do with it. She was the single BEST decision I made for my wedding day. Since it was my first time even being in a wedding, planning everything on my own would not have been possible without a partner like her. She is COMPREHENSIVE in her homework and was the one who created the agenda (down to the half hour)for the day. Without her, I would not have been able to plan the timing of my other vendors (hair, makeup, videography). She served as a coordinator in a way by creating a timeline and then making sure we adhered to it , even when we were running late.

I did not worry about a thing the entire day, although I'm typically an anxious mess, because of her. That peace of mind is worth it's weight in gold.

As for the actual pictures, her work speaks for itself. She is a TRUE ARTIST. She finds the perfect light, your perfect angle, and she puts you at ease. I have never felt as beautiful as she makes me appear. If you are more involved in leading your photos, she will follow your lead but for everyone else, you can rely on her to create perfect portraits and know your venues better than you will.

Overall a joy and pleasure to work with as she gave me the most amazing art to remind me of my most beautiful day.

Sent on 11/12/2018

Maura · Married on 06/01/2018

Sarah is incredible! She was extremely responsive, proactive, organized, and flexible!! She was the perfect balance of directiveness and warmth. We had a VERY last minute change in ceremony and she took with ease and confidence. Sarah captured all the right angles and guided us on finding all our right angles! She is simply the best!

Sent on 07/10/2018
    Sarah Tew Photography 18
    Sarah Tew Photography 19
    Sarah Tew Photography 20
    Sarah Tew Photography 21
    Sarah Tew Photography 22
    Sarah Tew Photography 23

Stephanie · Married on 05/12/2018

Sarah is amazing! She pays such close attention to detail and is so thoughtful about her work. She is pleasant to be around and incredibly easy to work with! I highly reccomend!

Sent on 07/13/2018
  • User3364566 · 1+ year ago

I was just the Maid of Honor but I definitely loved Sarah style, her pictures are gorgeous and she was always there but never felt that way. My bride was ecstatic and I always refer her to any bride I know. When I get married I hope she's has availability for me!

Sent on 12/05/2014

Stacey · Married on 11/11/2017

It is an understatement to say that Sarah's work is phenomenal. From our first meeting through the wedding to the days after when she gave us an amazing sneak peek on Facebook of our photos and then when we got all our proofs, we were blown away. Sarah listens to every request you have (no matter how silly or hard), covers every little detail and then takes the most beautiful photos to capture the important moments of the wedding. Sarah is sweet, caring and professional and we are so happy she was our wedding photographer.

Sent on 12/13/2017
    Sarah Tew Photography 24
    Sarah Tew Photography 25

Caitlin · Married on 10/22/2017

Sarah was a total rock star! She is so talented and fun to work with, and she went above and beyond in many ways. My husband and I are thrilled with our wedding day photos as well as our engagement portraits. Sarah has an amazing eye for composition and lighting, and for capturing fleeting moments in a way that is both artistic and personal. We're so grateful that she was our photographer!

Sent on 01/01/2018

Erica · Married on 10/14/2017

Sarah was such a pleasure to work with in every way! She is extremely responsive, organized, creative, warm and her work is amazing. We love our photos and enjoyed working with her immensely.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/12/2017

I can’t say enough great things about working with Sarah. After seeing her work and then meeting with her in person we were very confident about our choice to work with Sarah, and then she exceeded our expectations even further. She is extremely talented in her photography, we received just short of 2,000 photos and we loved every one of them.
    Sarah captured every detail of our wedding, and incredibly special moments of us and our family and friends throughout the wedding. We felt like she really got to know us as a couple and I can’t wait for the next big life event where we can call Sarah and have her capture it. The turnaround time that it took to get our photos back was incredible! The day after the wedding Sarah sent us photos already to look at and shortly after coming back from our honeymoon we had all of them! She understands the importance of the details and leaves nothing to be missed in her overall package before, during and after the wedding occurs.
    She was an absolute pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to everyone that I can.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Amy · Married on 08/05/2017

Sarah was an absolutely amazing photographer. From the first day I met her in the city I felt an immediate connection and so comfortable with her. She did our engagement photos which all were unbelievable and we used for the save the date. Sarah captured so many beautiful moments in just a few hours and gave us endless options to choose from. As far as the wedding was concerned, sarah managed to get photos of everyone and every moment. The wedding packages that she has are also amazing and include so many wonderful extras! I would highly recommend Sarah for a wedding or any special occasion that you would want beautiful moments captured through photographs!

Sent on 09/27/2017

Maya · Married on 07/29/2017

We could not have picked a better photographer for our wedding. Sarah Tew was phenomenal! She was kind, caring, thoughtful, and more to the point, incredibly talented at photography. We loved every minute working with her and would do so again in a heartbeat. She comes to life behind the camera and is amazing to see in action. Everyone commented on how perfectly she navigated the reception (present at the right moments but not overly present). And the photobooth was a giant hit! We are so, so pleased and HIGHLY RECOMMEND her! We plan to work with her again for other occasions in the future.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Shanna · Married on 06/10/2017

Sarah was a dream to work with!! She made us feel at ease during our engagement shoot and was super organized on the day of our wedding. Her photographs came out better than I could have ever imagined. She is super creative and put together the most amazing package of deliverables after the wedding. We never felt rushed and knew that we were in good hands. Could not recommend enough!

Sent on 08/07/2017

Erin · Married on 05/13/2017

Sarah Tew is an AMAZING photographer and we could not have been happier with everything she did for our engagement photos and our wedding day!! From the first meeting, Sarah was so easy to work with and connect to. She made it a very enjoyable experience and was very accommodating, as we also brought along our 9 month old daughter to our first meeting, and she included her throughout the process and in the photos perfectly. She goes above and beyond to surprise you along the way which adds a special and personal touch. She is great to communicate with, very responsive and professional and keeps you on track to meet the timing needed - both planning via email and during your special day. She also worked with me on a "rain day" scenario once we found out it was going to rain all day on our wedding and the indoor & outdoor photos turned out great! I would highly recommend working with Sarah Tew for any of your upcoming events or special occasions. She is wonderful to work with and creates beautiful photos!!

Sent on 11/04/2017
    Sarah Tew Photography 26
    Sarah Tew Photography 27
    Sarah Tew Photography 28

Amanda · Married on 04/29/2017

Sarah Tew is the absolute best! She's so incredibly talented and the wedding pictures came out more beautiful than I could have every imagined!!! On top of that, she is a dream to work with. She was so professional yet so caring and made sure every step of the process was easy and enjoyable. I am SO grateful that my friend recommended her to me and I now tell everyone I know you MUST hire her - it was the best decision I made!! (Besides marrying the groom, of course!)

Sent on 09/27/2017

Sarah is by far the absolute BEST!!!! She was our wedding photographer for our October wedding at the Roundhouse in Beacon, NY and she was amazing. When we were at our wedding venue we were looking through pictures that they had from other weddings and all of her pictures kept standing out to me. I told my husband that we definitely needed to get her as our photographer if possible since I knew I would just fall in love with her pictures of our wedding like I was with all the other pictures I saw her take of everyone else's weddings. This was even before I knew/found out that she had been my sister-in-laws photographer too! Small world! My sister-in-law and her husband had a wonderful experience with Sarah so that gave me even more confidence in our choice to book her and I am beyond happy that we did!!! The quality of her work exceeded our expectations! She is incredibly professional. She responds to emails, calls, texts, etc. within the day (usually within minutes/hour). Sarah is incredibly prepared. She makes sure she has everything covered the day of the event. She asks for all of your input way in advance to ensure the day runs smoothly for you and there is no stress since you know your memories/pictures are in fantastic hands!!! You can tell she takes lots of time putting together your wedding package filled with prints, USB of pictures, books with photobooth and wedding pictures, etc. It is all beautifully put together along with a great website where you can view pictures ahead of time and also get prints made of pictures you want as well. It is all above and beyond what other photographers do based on feedback from married friends of mine. Our families and guests also commented how professional she was and how apparent it was how experienced of a photographer she was. She got a huge family group shot (over 50 people) assembled and done in minutes. She made it looked effortlessly and the pictures are some of our favorites! We recommend Sarah to everyone!!!!!

Sent on 12/31/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/01/2016

Sarah Tew is amazing and choosing her as your photographer will be the best investment you make for your wedding. Each picture she takes is a work of art. She is extremely professional and organized throughout every step of the process, from pre-wedding day prep, planning out your timeline, making sure she knows what pictures to capture, to day of your wedding party. She is on top of everything! Leading up to your wedding day (and even after), Sarah will respond to any questions promptly and is there to lend her professional advice to help you in making your day perfect. Her attention to detail in both capturing the most special moments of your wedding, as well as her ability to manage the logistics that go into wedding day pictures will make your life SO easy!

Sarah’s patience and calming presence helped to ease all of my wedding day jitters. For many, it can be awkward getting your picture taken, but under Sarah’s instruction you feel relaxed and natural. Sarah’s ability to capture the natural beauty of your special day is truly a gift.

I'll say it again, choosing Sarah Tew as your wedding photographer will be the best wedding related decision you make!

Sent on 12/06/2016

Tracy · Married on 09/24/2016

Sarah is absolutely fabulous - as a person and as a photographer! Her attention to detail is unmatched and her response time is unbeatable. She is an absolute pleasure to work with pre-wedding, during the wedding, and post wedding and her photos are gorgeous. We truly couldn't be happier and would recommend her without hesitation!

Sent on 12/11/2016

Christopher · Married on 09/04/2016

Sarah is exceptional! She shot my wedding in September '16 and loved the images she captured. She goes above and beyond simply shooting pictures. Her pictures are works of art. She's extremely detail oriented and a pleasure to work with. I will be recommending her for years to come. :)

Sent on 10/24/2016

Colleen · Married on 07/02/2016

What can you say about someone that captures still imagery, but fills them so full of movement and color and vibrancy and feeling that they seem to come alive? About a photographer so professional and courteous she responds to your emails -- including initial inquiries -- immediately? That indulges along with you in quirky little details and revels in capturing them? That turns around amazing photos of your special day in lightning speed and with a few surprises for you along the way?

You say that she is the Best Wedding Photographer EVER.

Sarah is an amazing photographer and an equally amazing person. She was referred by a friend and we chose her for her bright, colorful documentary-style photography, especially her amazing ability to capture the reception. Don't underestimate how hard this is to find; a lot of photographers we researched were great during the day but showed diminished quality after the sun went down. For our summer outdoor wedding with a barn with a discoball, getting the night shots was key. And she more than delivered at every point along the day, from the getting ready shots all the way to a sparkler send off; she even managed to capture a very special, intimate moment when my new husband carried me off piggyback into the sunset that we will cherish forever.

Her photography floored us as it brought to life the emotions of the day in a very real way. She was equally talented at capturing some of the more traditional photos of family; her versatility is unmatched.

While the photography speaks for itself, Sarah is just the kind of person you want with you along this journey: kind, thoughtful, patient, engaged, responsive (so much so!), flexible -- we even decided to have her stay an extra hour on the spot and she didn't flinch.

There isn't enough space here to fully convey how special Sarah is. BOOK HER IMMEDIATELY! It will be your best decision for your wedding yet. Promise.

Sent on 11/17/2016

Ethan · Married on 06/18/2016

We heard good things about Sarah through mutual friends who had previously used her. From the moment we reached out to schedule an introductory meeting, we knew she was going to be our photographer. Sarah is incredibly responsive, answering all our questions, from the big ones to the annoying.

Sarah was extremely well prepared, helping us ensure the day was well planned and in terms of photos, we knew what was going to happen when. She drew up a preliminary schedule well in advance, allowing us time to make the necessary changes. No stress at all in the planning, which led to no stress on the day of.

While Sarah's professionalism shone through with all the preparation that goes into planning a wedding, her photos came out amazingly! We did an engagement shoot with her several months before the date which really helped build up our rapport as well as gain confidence in front of the camera. She has a great eye for small details, such as turning a little this way, or angling an arm differently. At the same time, she is not pushy and very easy to work with.

While we have been a bit slow in selecting our wedding album, this is not because of Sarah's work. She had all the photos ready in around a week and sent a lovely care package to our new apartment with a full proof book, some selected shots, and a very cool 3D photo viewer.

Overall, Sarah was an excellent and amazing choice for our photographer and no one will be disappointed if they hire her.

Sent on 12/17/2016

J · Married on 05/21/2016

Could not recommend Sarah Tew more! She is not only an extremely talented photographer, but an absolute pleasure to work with. We booked her for engagement photos as well as wedding photos and we were absolutely blown away by the final product. Sarah is very accommodating with any and all requests (leading up to, during, and even after the event) and is very responsive/easy to work with. Sarah goes above and beyond for her clients and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/07/2016

Choosing Sarah as our photographer among the top of all of the decisions that we made when planning our wedding. We chose her because we loved her work that we'd seen and because of her relaxed and friendly personality. She's incredibly professional, so organized, and extremely responsive over email. She was on top of everything during the wedding day. For example, she made it a point to ensure all photos of family/friend combinations were captured. Her easy-going nature made us instantly comfortable in front of the camera, and the shots that she captured were incredible. They're absolutely beautiful - her way of capturing color is particularly amazing. We could not be more thrilled with the way that the photos turned out and would recommend her to absolutely anyone.

Sent on 06/19/2016
  • Wayne

Wayne · Married on 05/01/2016

Sarah is unbelievably talented. I have had nothing but wonderful compliments on our wedding pictures. From our first conversation on the phone to the last email I have enjoyed every interaction. Getting pictures taken with her was exciting and if it weren't for time schedules I would have loved to take more.
    First, Sarah is great at answering her emails. She usually responds from within a few hours to a day at the latest. She is extremely nice and energetic over emails.
    She's funny, and is still very professional. Her creativity really shines when she is in her own element.
    At our wedding, Sarah and her team were on time. Also, Sarah and her assistant worked really well with our videographer. We interviewed many photographers and videographers and they refused to work with one another at the same time because each would have different ideas of how to take shots. Sarah is very professional and is also really fun to be around. Everyone at our wedding was complementing on how great of a person she was and she was very patient with everyone when taking group shots when the kids would not stay still. Like other reviews, we can't stop watching the highlight reels/photos. They are simply wonderful! We haven't seen all our photos yet, but we are very excited for when we can!
    Everyone looks fantastic in our pictures and he captured so many unexpected moments. You would feel lucky to have her take pictures for you!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Sally · Married on 04/09/2016

Sarah Tew did an amazing job photographing our wedding. She was always prompt, professional, and flexible. We loved her photos and she did a great job capturing both the formal and fun aspects of our ceremony and reception. We would absolutely recommend Sarah for shooting your wedding or any other occasion. She's the best!

Sent on 06/18/2016