Springfield, Springfield, VA 22152 Map · Phone number

About Modern Green Goddess

Modern Green Goddess by Ky Washington serves the DC Metro area, Northern Virginia, MD and beyond with destination wedding service. (formerly Richie Makeup) Ky Washington and her team pride themselves on keeping up with the latest techniques and technologies. They offer unique services, such as a green, non-toxic makeup, and a calming environment to make your day perfect. We are excited to service you on your big day.

Experience

Ky Washington is the owner of Modern Green Goddess. She’s been fascinated by beauty services since she was a little girl, and has been a part of the wedding industry for over a decade. Ky has won multiple awards, and has had the opportunity to work with celebrities, catwalks, TV, film sets, photo shoots, seminars and webcasts throughout the years. Ky leads a healthy lifestyle so she and her team use only “clean” non-toxic hair and beauty products.

In addition to providing chic makeup for your big day, this passionate company also offers hair services as well. They're happy to work with bridal parties of any size, on-site. Ky and her team are experienced at doing makeup for all types of ethnicities, and they promise to exceed your expectations. They offer consultations and trials, so you can figure out exactly what you would like to have for your big day. Additional services include, but are not limited to:

• Multiple stylists

Modern Green Goddess 6
Modern Green Goddess 7
  • mrsaj2b

Paulette · Getting married on 10/12/2019

Ky is awesome and super nice! My wedding is in March 2016 and I can't wait for Ky to style my hair and my wedding party for my big day. I recently had my trial and I LOVED my hair and it was just a rough run. LOL! Ky listens to you and really goes out of her way to make sure she understands the look for your wedding day. She is patient and tries several looks and tweaks as necessary until she gets the perfect style. She also makes fabulous hair accessories. If I hadn't already booked a MUA for sure I would have booked Ky to do my makeup as well.

Sent on 12/23/2015
  • Deryn

Deryn · Married on 10/06/2018

Ky did such a phenomal job on my hair and makeup! I stressed that i wanted a very natural look (similar to how i wear my makeup) and she blew me away! She did all of my bridesmaids hir as well. Ky only uses all natural products, so she even got the most stubborn hair (mine) to hold a style. Very impressed!!

Sent on 10/13/2018
    Modern Green Goddess 8

Amina · Married on 07/02/2017

I was committed to finding a makeup artist consistent with my values in using toxic-free ingredients and I am so grateful to have connected with Ky through our mutual work with Beautycounter (safer products made beautiful). I have so much gratitude for Ky. She is one of the most generous and giving people I have met and when I was searching for a 100% "clean beauty" makeup artist and hair stylist for my wedding ceremony and reception event in July, I felt such PEACE when I spoke to Ky and connected with her about my "goddess" vision and making it a reality. We did an in-depth consultation and as the big day neared, we discussed and kept in contact with subtle nuances and ideas. I am so happy with the results and I feel her skill, makeup/hair artistry, and work ethic matched everything I could have dreamed.

Sent on 10/28/2017

Modern Green Goddess FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 385.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides? $ 385.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 115.00
  • What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 115.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for brides? $ 115.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides? $ 115.00
  • What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 115.00
  • What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for attendants/family members? $ 115.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 115.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 115.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? Yes
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Consultation, Trial Service
  • What beauty services do you offer? Consultations, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Men's Grooming, Mult. Stylists, Salon, Skincare
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, Extensions, Textured Hair Styling, Updos / Styling, Hair Trial, On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer? Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup Trial, Fake Lashes

• Splash DJ
    Splash DJ Wedding DJs

Absolute pleasure to work with!

• Brie Cafferty Hair and Makeup, Inc.
    Brie Cafferty Hair and Makeup, Inc. Wedding Hair & Makeup

I highly recommend Ky Washington. Ky does both amazing hair and makeup- you won't be disappointed!

• Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists
    Shaune Hayes DC MD VA Wedding Makeup and Hair Artists Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have worked with Ky on many occasions and she never disappoints. She is very skilled at makeup and hair equally. She is patient and really works with brides to create their wedding day look while also using her expertise to make thoughtful suggestions. She is professional, personable and very dependable and you wouldn't regret choosing to work with her.

• Springfield Springfield, District of Columbia, 22152 See on map