Modern Green Goddess Reviews

Modern Green Goddess 6
Modern Green Goddess 7
  • mrsaj2b

Paulette · Getting married on 10/12/2019

Ky is awesome and super nice! My wedding is in March 2016 and I can't wait for Ky to style my hair and my wedding party for my big day. I recently had my trial and I LOVED my hair and it was just a rough run. LOL! Ky listens to you and really goes out of her way to make sure she understands the look for your wedding day. She is patient and tries several looks and tweaks as necessary until she gets the perfect style. She also makes fabulous hair accessories. If I hadn't already booked a MUA for sure I would have booked Ky to do my makeup as well.

Sent on 12/23/2015
  • Deryn

Deryn · Married on 10/06/2018

Ky did such a phenomal job on my hair and makeup! I stressed that i wanted a very natural look (similar to how i wear my makeup) and she blew me away! She did all of my bridesmaids hir as well. Ky only uses all natural products, so she even got the most stubborn hair (mine) to hold a style. Very impressed!!

Sent on 10/13/2018
    Modern Green Goddess 8

Amina · Married on 07/02/2017

I was committed to finding a makeup artist consistent with my values in using toxic-free ingredients and I am so grateful to have connected with Ky through our mutual work with Beautycounter (safer products made beautiful). I have so much gratitude for Ky. She is one of the most generous and giving people I have met and when I was searching for a 100% "clean beauty" makeup artist and hair stylist for my wedding ceremony and reception event in July, I felt such PEACE when I spoke to Ky and connected with her about my "goddess" vision and making it a reality. We did an in-depth consultation and as the big day neared, we discussed and kept in contact with subtle nuances and ideas. I am so happy with the results and I feel her skill, makeup/hair artistry, and work ethic matched everything I could have dreamed.

Sent on 10/28/2017
    Modern Green Goddess 14
    Modern Green Goddess 15
    Modern Green Goddess 16

Sanaa · Married on 07/01/2017

It was an absolutely pleasure working with Ky! She is such an amazing talent-- one who takes the time to understand her client and genuinely cares about their needs. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day and still felt like me! Ky is awesome and I highly recommend her services.

Sent on 10/24/2017
    Modern Green Goddess 17
  • F

Frances · Married on 05/27/2017

Working with Ky was such a dream come true. She immediately understood the beautiful glowing, natural bridal look I was going for. I wanted to look like myself yet enhanced, and she designed a flawless makeup look and incredibly unique hairstyle for me in the 1st try at the makeup + hair trial. I have taken so many steps to be conscious about what I eat and what I put on my skin that I didn't want to have to make any compromises for my wedding day makeup. I was so thrilled to discover that Ky is the queen of natural makeup. She is an expert in sourcing non-toxic makeup and applying it in a way that photographs beautifully and lasts all day & night (even in the heat of our Memorial Day 2017 ceremony). The makeup felt weightless, like I was just my own skin. The products Ky used & her method of application allowed for my skin to be visible and breathe while also giving great coverage where I needed it, without being obvious. I felt so beautiful & radiant. I loved the look so much that I returned for a makeup lesson so that I could do the look myself for future events. Ky is a great teacher and has some amazing tricks for how to enhance your eyes and layering your makeup to last. On the wedding day Ky was on time & efficient. She did my hair and makeup, as well as the hair for my maid of honor and it was so great to start the day with Ky's calming touch and fun company as we were getting ready. I am so grateful to have found Ky, and hands down would recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 12/08/2017

I'm very glad I had Ky do the makeup for my wedding! I scheduled a trial a few months prior and she asked many questions and tried a few looks, recording and mapping my selections as we went. I was originally concerned about my ivory skin that can look orange with too much bronzer. However, I had nothing to worry about! She listened to my concerns and everything looked AMAZING. I love the final vintage look that we went with and everything was perfect for the big day. She also did the makeup for my mom and mother in law, the whole time sticking closely to the schedule but making sure everyone looked fantastic!! Everyone only has positive things to say!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Sarah · Married on 10/15/2016

Ky was amazing! I was lucky enough to be paired up with her through Bridal Artistry and from the trial, I was excited to have her do my makeup on my wedding day. She paid real attention to what was best for my skintone, handling my summer sunburnt skin during my trial like a pro, and really made my look come together. She gave me tips for taking care of my skin and taught me things about makeup as we worked out what I wanted together. Even 8 months later, I am so thankful for Ky and how beautiful she made me feel on my big day. My makeup on my wedding day was perfect, and I would not hesitate to recommend her. She even did it on her own anniversary! Thank you, Ky.

Sent on 06/10/2017

caroline · Married on 10/14/2016

Ky takes the time to find a hairstyle that works for you. She did the hair and makeup of my daughter for her wedding as well as the bridal party's hair. My daughter looked absolutely stunning--her hair and makeup were flawless.
    Everyone in the bridal party loved their hair.
    Add to this, Ky has such a pleasant personality.
    I highly recommend Ky to anyone who wants to look spectacular on their special day.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Steph · Married on 10/01/2016

Can't say enough great things about Ky. She was amazing!

Sent on 11/06/2016

Maggie · Married on 07/30/2016

Ky and her team are great. Make-up lasts all night long.... I had sooo many people compliment it.
    Would definitely recommend her.

Sent on 10/31/2016

Karyn · Married on 02/21/2016

Ky was wonderful to work with. I honestly did not know what I wanted for my hair and make up. At my trial she asked questions, listened as I tried to answer, made suggestions and helped me choose what ended up being the final make up and hair style. This included needing longer hair, so I worked with her colleague to make extensions. The overall experience was fun and the end result was amazing. I have never felt so good and looked so beautiful. I was so happy to have the opportunity to work with Ky. Thank you for being patient, attentive and fun.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Alena · Married on 11/07/2015

Ky did an amazing job creating beautiful hairstyles for myself and my bridesmaids. It was a joy to have Ky bring our visions to light, and I could not have asked for better service on our wedding day. Thank you SO much!

Sent on 01/29/2016

Liz · Married on 10/10/2015

Ky did hairstyles for me and my 4 bridesmaids on the day of the wedding and she did an amazing job! Ky was great to work with from start to finish. We went to her studio in Springfield for my hair and makeup trial and we tested out a few different hair styles - two of bridesmaids came along and Ky was very accommodating to our constant chatter :) Ky was able to look at the photos on my pinterest and help me visualize what I wanted for my wedding day and then she took photos of each hair style from every side so I could remember what they looked like. I ended taking a piece of hairstyle A and a piece of hairstyle B and I was really happy with how it turned out. My hair stayed together the whole night, was comfortable, and looked great in pictures. Each of my bridesmaids' hairstyles also looked amazing. Ky was laid back and easy to work with throughout, she was fun to chat with as we got ready in the hotel suite and I would highly recommend her to anyone getting married in the DMV area.

Want proof? We had some "mishaps" on our wedding day and got stuck in an elevator before the ceremony with the entire wedding party! Did my hair get frizzy or fall out of its style - NOPE. Check out the photos at the link -

Sent on 12/24/2015

Jessica · Married on 10/03/2015

I'll start by saying I am a probably the worlds most indecisive person. I am known to change my mind multiple times and second guess everything. Which I did with a lot of things pertaining to my wedding. I changed my hairstyle 3 times after I met with Ky for my trial. Nothing to do with her work, I just kept finding new hairstyles I liked. I sent her several emails with pictures of what I wanted my hair changed to. I am sure this was annoying seeing as I already had my trial so she could not practice the styles on me before my day and I have thin, difficult to work with, hair. Ky was always so professional and polite in her return emails to me and reassured me she would do whatever style I wanted and not to worry. So the day of my wedding comes...well I changed my mind again! I pulled up new pictures on my phone of what I wanted. This could have been a complete disaster seeing as she was looking at a tiny phone. It turned out perfect! Ky did an AMAZING job on my hair for my wedding! My hair turned out even better than the picture I showed her! It was so beautiful I cried. I would highly recommend Ky!

Sent on 01/20/2016

Julie · Married on 09/26/2015

Ky was amazing and gave me the hair of my dreams on my wedding day in Old Town Alexandria. Highly recommend.

Sent on 11/23/2015

Ky was fantastic to work with, start to finish. She was really responsive from the start and was able to schedule my hair trial on the exact day I wanted. After we did the hair trial, she also styled me for my engagement shoot. On my wedding day, she showed up on time and did the hair for my bridesmaids and myself. Everyone was really happy with the work she did. Would definitely recommend to anyone!

Sent on 11/19/2015

Danielle · Married on 09/05/2015

Ky was fantastic to work with. She really listened to my thoughts for my wedding day hair and gave thoughtful feedback. She was responsive to emails, which was so calming to my type-A personality. My family loved meeting her, she was kind and patient with all of the ladies and made everyone feel special. She is flexible, too! We made some last minute changes to my hair style (day-of) and she handled it like a pro. Overall, I am a very happy bride!

Sent on 11/18/2015

Dinah · Married on 08/08/2015

Ky was fabulous at making sure our large wedding party looked fabulous. We were very happy with her efficient team. She was very responsive and listened to every girls requests.

Sent on 08/14/2015

Ky Washington of Richiemakeup was great. Everyone's hair and makeup was perfect the entire wedding even through all the rain. She was flexible, fun, and made communication easy.

Sent on 11/04/2015
  • User5622076 · 2+ years ago

My hair and make-up looked absolutely beautiful on my wedding day and for my day-after photo shoot thanks to Ky and Jacinda! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/17/2015

I loved working with Ky. As someone who spends the minimal amount of time on makeup every day I had no idea what I wanted as far as makeup for my wedding. Ky came up with an amazing look that I continue to be amazed with every time I look at my pictures. I only wish she could do my makeup for me every day.

Sent on 11/10/2015

Katrina · Married on 04/26/2015

Amazing!! Made me feel glamorous!! Would not have picked another person.

Sent on 04/16/2015

Melissa · Married on 04/25/2015

Ky was AMAZING. Out of all of the vendors I dealt with for the wedding, she was the most professional, most patient, most organized, most flexible, and just an overall, absolute pleasure. For the pre-wedding session, which took place in her home, she made me feel comfortable and she asked all the right questions in order to help me figure out my look. I also knew she was really listening and observing because she was taking notes and photos and constantly asking for feedback, and when it came time for the big day, she had those notes and photos and successfully implemented all of the adjustments we had discussed. On my wedding day, she and her co-team member showed up at my hotel room on time and ready to go. They both were just as accommodating with my bride’s maids, young flower girl, and future mother-in-law. They did everyone’s hair and makeup efficiently and gently, and were so kind when my flower girl started to cry because she didn’t like the curlers. In the end, we all felt great, looked great, and were done in plenty of time. In fact, one of my other vendors had a meltdown and was calling me on the phone while I was having my hair done and if it weren’t for Ky’s steady, calming influence, I probably would have lost it too!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Ky was an amazing makeup and hair artist. She created the perfect look for me based on my inspiration pictures. Everyone commented that my hair and makeup was great. Ky made sure that my hair stayed in place throughout the whole event. Ky is also friendly and fun to work with. I had a great time conversing with her while she did my makeup and hair. I highly recommend her!!

Sent on 03/14/2015

Vanessa · Married on 02/14/2015

Hair and makeup are such important services to get right on your wedding day, and Ky did not disappoint. The team worked tirelessly to perfect hair, makeup, and fake lash application on site for myself, 12 bridesmaids, and our moms/grandmas. I was able to do a pre-trial about two months out, and Ky worked with me for an hour or more to test what worked and what didn't, and took meticulous notes and lots of photos to make sure this guide could be referenced on the big day to take the guess work out of everything. I felt beautiful and exceptional thanks to Bridal Artistry, and I highly recommend hiring the team if you want to look your best on your big day. My hair not only looked lovely as I pictured it would, but it also held in place all day and all evening. I would highly recommend Ky!

Sent on 11/05/2015