118 Hamilton Drive, Novato, CA 94949 Map · Phone number

About Ray's Catering

Ray's Catering is family owned and operated, and has been serving San Francisco, Marin and Sonoma County, the Wine Country and surrounding Bay Area since 1972.

Specializing in weddings and corporate events,
our experience and personal service will make the difference on your wedding day.
We'll be glad to assist you with your wedding plans & would be happy to personalize a menu for you.....
Let us take care of everything!

img6166
img6763
img6166

9 Reviews for Ray's Catering

Leslie · Married on 06/03/2018

We were planning a destination wedding and defaulted to the list of approved vendors provided by our venue. Most had mixed reviews, but Ray's quickly pulled ahead after I did my research and saw all of these wonderful reviews. Out of all the vendors we were provided with, Ray's was the only one we reached out to for the following reasons: they are incredibly responsive, their prices are very competitive, and their food is AMAZING!!! We traveled up north for our tasting and were so blown away that we gave them a deposit before we left the building. I had that fear as the wedding date approached and though to myself, " that tasting was great, but will it taste the same after the chefs multiply everything by 100? Will it become basic wedding food?" The answer was NO!! Everything at the wedding tasted just as good as it did at our tasting. The vegan option blew my mind and I almost ordered it for my own meal even though I'm not Vegan! Thanks to Dan for helping us make revision after revision helping us stick to our budget and accommodate everyone.

Sent on 06/08/2018

Nikki · Married on 05/19/2018

Ray's did an amazing job catering my recent wedding! I worked with Dan for my quote and arranging everything - he was so professional, friendly, and flexible. We had a smaller wedding than initially planned, and at one point thought we were going to have to add a child's option to the menu, but Dan stayed positive and supportive during the constant revisions of the menu :)

The day of my wedding, the Ray's team arrived on time and produced an amazing spread for us. They gave us apps for just my husband, myself, and the members of the bridal party signing the marriage license, so we could enjoy a few of the apps - their crab cakes (my requested app since I grew up in MD) went so fast from that private bridal party plate that I ate one, did the marriage license signing, and looked back to find everyone else had gobbled them up! The Ray's team offered to bring me more (they were so accommodating) too!

For dinner, my coordinator had sped up the timeline slightly, which meant that Ray's had to get everything ready to go a little early - since the goal of food prep is to have it as hot and fresh at exactly the right time, this speeding up meant a little of a rush for the kitchen, but they did a wonderful job and had properly temperature, fresh, delicious food ready for everyone before the tables were called (so challenging to do when the timeline gets rushed). My husband and I got our dinner first (we did buffet style service) and really enjoyed everything - so much so that my poor hungry husband wouldn't let us go around to visit the guest tables during dinner because he was so busy eating!

We received so many compliments on our dinner and desserts - and also on the staff! Ray's staff were all so friendly and really made our wedding feel like the backyard whimsical garden party we were hoping for!

I would highly recommend Ray's Catering to anyone looking for a high quality caterer at a reasonable price point in the Marin Co. area!

Sent on 06/01/2018
  • Elissa

Elissa · Married on 09/23/2017

We just came back from our wedding, and we were really happy with our choice of Ray's Catering. Our wedding was at a venue with some unique needs (San Francisco Theological Seminary), and Ray's had no problems setting up and working there. Our contact, Dan, was always very responsive and willing to work with our needs and limited budget. He went out of his way to accommodate our guests with a number of allergies. I had forgotten to communicate some pretty important information regarding our wedding layout to them and found out only a couple days before the wedding, but Dan made us feel very at ease and everything went off perfectly. The staff were all very friendly- a bartender that took beer bottle caps off with his wedding ring made a big impression on our guests! The food, heavy appetizers was filling and yummy, especially the mini empanadas. We highly recommend Ray's Catering.

Sent on 09/24/2017