178 Clinton Street, San Jose, CA 94063 Map · Phone number · Visit website

About Kitchenina

Kitchenina is a wedding catering company that is based out of San Jose, California. Here, they focus on providing organic, home-cooked meals that are made with only the highest quality ingredients. You can trust that everything that their team cooks will be delicious, fresh, and healthy. The owner, Aliki, has been in the food industry for over two decades and has become an expert in using only the highest quality ingredients for her customers.

Not only does Kitchenina offer amazing meals, but the company also offers exceptional services. Some of the items that the business can provide include chairs, barware, china, flatware, glassware, and linens. The caterer offers the following services:

• Delivery
  • Setup
  • Cleanup

Cuisine
Kitchenina specializes in many different cuisine styles, ranging from American and Cajun to Italian and Latin American. If you or your guests have any dietary needs, Aliki and her team can create a delicious menu around those restrictions. The staff can create a personalized menu for breakfast, lunch, hors d'oeuvres, and dinner.

photo1 51 1017908 v1

6 Reviews for Kitchenina

• Kimmy

Kimmy Chen · Married on 02/02/2019

fantastic catering crew!!!!!

I will highly recommend kitchenina , including their food and service!
    I was so anxious before the wedding, but when I went tasting at their house, I feel so insecure and relief, because they are just the nice and wonderful people, the food is delicious and plus "organic" and "fresh".
    and they are trying to help us with the wedding , even the decoration.
    on our big day, they are very efficient and nice, they try to help with everything, they even brought their own decoration stuff for my wedding cake table to help me out. they are not only the vendor, i will say they are more like partners to me with the wedding!

fantastic catering crew!!!!!

Sent on 02/12/2019
  • Becky

Becky Davis · Married on 01/05/2019

They're organic, and I don't just mean the food!

Kitchenina catered our wedding and honestly we couldn't have been happier with the entire experience.

Bid
    We sought caterers though a website called Thumbtack which allows potential clients to create a post and seek bids from multiple vendors. Clients state the scope of their event and specific needs/requests. Aliki (from Kitchenina) responded to my request within a few hours. She provided a very detailed and thoughtful response including a recommended menu and price per wedding guest for that menu. I took forever to get back to her and she was very kind and understanding about my poor communication skills.

Meeting/Tasting
    From the moment we met them, it felt like we were having dinner with old friends. The tasting was held at their home and their sweet children even came in to say goodnight on their way up to bed, which I thought was really sweet.
    They prepared the suggested menu for our tasting and explained the flavors and key ingredients as they served each course.
    The food was fantastic, rich in flavor, and the sides complemented the entrees perfectly. I was enamored with the butternut squash risotto and wanted to eat ALL of it. We discussed allergies and other dietary needs and they were very accommodating, explaining how they could modify the recipes to meet our needs. They even agreed to provide us with up to 5 vegan meals for the wedding at no extra cost, for the small selection of guests who needed them.
    By the time we left their house that evening, I knew I wanted to hire them. I felt like I needed to wait a few days, because it seemed like a big decision to make so quickly.

Wedding Day
    At our tasting, Aliki and Kostas told us that they always set aside meals for the bride and groom, ensuring we wouldn't miss out on anything. They absolutely followed through, ensuring that we ate dinner IMMEDIATELY upon our arrival at the reception, before the chaos ensued. The food and timing was so perfect, I'm getting emotional just thinking about it. I was so glad that Kitchenina worked our wedding because not only was their food amazing, but they are lovely people which is super important to me.
    Kitchenina hired wait staff to do all the serving, clearing, and wine pouring at the wedding and they were wonderful.
    The two comments I received from people over and over again were 1) how much fun the wedding was 2) that the food was the best they'd ever had at a wedding. I KID YOU NOT. Our wedding guests LOVED the appetizers and dinner.

Value for Price
    Originally, I was considering trying to find a way to cater the wedding myself (because I'm cheap) and I cannot tell you how glad I am that I went with Kitchenina instead. I didn't want to spend money on food. It was the biggest expense of our wedding but we also got the venues for an incredible deal (one of them was free). And honestly, the price (around $24/person) was actually incredibly reasonable for the number of people and the quality of food.
    Kitchenina only uses organic ingredients and endeavors to always buy from local distributors. They are dedicated to using high quality ingredients and the difference is palatable.

I HIGHLY recommend hiring Aliki and Kostas for your event. They were lovely and perfect for our needs.

Sent on 03/21/2019

Kitchenina FAQ

• What is the average catering price per person for plated service? $ 85.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for buffet service? $ 40.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for stations? $ 40.00
  • What is the average catering price per person for hors d'oeuvres? $ 9.00
  • Which of the following are included in the cost of your full service wedding catering? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Server(s), Tastings, China, Linens, Flatware, Glassware
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 16.00
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price for bar service? House Beer, House Wine
  • What event services do you provide? Delivery, Set Up, Clean Up
  • What catering services do you provide? Breakfast / Brunch, Buffet, Cake Cutting, Cocktail Reception, Custom Menu, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Lunch, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings
  • What types of cuisine do you cater? American, Asian, Cajun, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Latin American, Local, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Seafood, Southern, Southwestern, Spanish
  • What dietary needs can you accommodate? Gluten Free, Lactose Free, No Pork, Kosher, Nut Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Limited Bar, Open Bar, House Beer, Specialty Beer, House Wine, Specialty Wine, Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Outside Alcohol
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Chairs
  • Which of the following items can you provide? Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

• 178 Clinton Street San Jose, California, 94063 See on map